• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Champions League (FIFA 09)

woodchuck said:
to go out like that must be tough. well, thanks for participating!

looks like i have a rematch with shinobi next

obligatory man down pic:

610x.jpg

Much props to woodchuck and Astrolad for setting up the league. Thanks guys. I had a great time. I'm down for whenever season 2 starts.

woodchuck

defeated shinobi 1-2 and 3-2

he probably outplayed me but since he's toronto fc, and i'm lyon, i was able to beat him. if he was a better team, things would have been a lot different.

pretty much the only reason i won that 2nd game was because govou was twice as fast as everyone on his team...but the winner by Benzema in the 1st game was beautiful.

k0ji-wd

AstroLad said:
:lol on the real though we gotta get the playoffs DONE by next friday b/c after that it's bye-bye everybody.

not even so sure s2 is a good idea anymore

sounds like you need some foreign investment

woodchuck

portsmouth/inter milan in the quarterfinals!

should be an interesting matchup. i'd say portsmouth is still the favorite, but inter milan was pretty impressive against werder breman

Slizz

anyone still play UEFA Euro Cup 2008? if so ill murder you my XBL gamertag is DemKillerCANES friend me, challenge me and lose. Oh and dont worry ill kill you come X-mas when i get fifa 09 this is jus preseason for me:D

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Tf53 said:
It sucks that we can't spectate the playoffs. God damnit, EA!

Yeah

I'll try to get my matches against strikevillain today I'm pretty sure he'll be home watching the barca/madrid game.

And damn woodchuck, cleanin' up son

I been playin' a lot, but I still cant finish unfortunately

woodchuck

ChrisGoldstein said:
Yeah

I'll try to get my matches against strikevillain today I'm pretty sure he'll be home watching the barca/madrid game.

And damn woodchuck, cleanin' up son

I been playin' a lot, but I still cant finish unfortunately

i wasn't playing to my full potential in the regular season so you guys would take me lightly in the playoffs

good to hear you guys will be playing today.

DK, Ajay....what's the status of your games?

woodchuck

000D0708-10B8-113C-97F080BFB6FA0000.jpg

ouch. terrible way to go out.

also, thanks for playing all your games on time. if i win, i'll dedicate it to the memory of Manager Tse88 for telling me to play Govou up front with Benzema.

congrats to Inter for advancing to the Final Four!

dk_

It's getting close. Couldn't play a game with Ajay1986 so far. I'm still waiting for an answer since our thursday date wasn't possible for me. I want to play the playoffs so bad... :-/

woodchuck

dk_ said:
It's getting close. Couldn't play a game with Ajay1986 so far. I'm still waiting for an answer since our thursday date wasn't possible for me. I want to play the playoffs so bad... :-/

thanks for posting. yeah...just try to play as soon as possible

Exypher

That second game was just insane. I couldn't get through your defence in the first game at all and your win was totally deserved, but the second game was pretty much the exact opposite of the first one. Maybe it would've been different if you hadn't gotten a red card though, but I guess we'll never know :)

very good games!

woodchuck

that was Fiorentina's first loss of the season...and he follows it up with a 5-1 victory. holy shit :lol

ajay, thanks for playing!

looks like an all-italian semifinal!

Exypher

very good games replayy, I'm glad I scored that early goal in our second game. If you'd gotten the lead it really could've gone either way.

Got lucky with my late goal in the first game as well, I thought it was pretty smart of you to tackle my player since the red card didn't matter much that late in the game. Nailed the free kick though :)

Looking forward to the next game.

Daigoro

Magicked said:
Now it was my turn to ignore this thread for a while. I'm around now, but I don't think I'll be on too much longer. I have to work tomorrow, and then I'm off to Florida for 1.5 weeks on vacation. So I guess I never had much chance of getting through this "not as good as others" tourney. Perhaps someone needs to sub for me as well?:lol

well we can just call it a draw (if this losers tourney is even still on), or someone else can play me.

anyone around now?

woodchuck

yeah guys, sorry. i dont think we'll be doing a loser's tournament. too many people are MIA to play (pretty much all of the EU tournament and Magicked). sorry guys.

and looks like Fiorentina is in the championship game...riding the skill of MURGU. you might have to wait a while to play that championship game since the NA side of the bracket isn't finalized.

and holy shit. ac milan with the huge upset over real madrid. daaaaaamn

stay gold

Exypher said:
very good games replayy, I'm glad I scored that early goal in our second game. If you'd gotten the lead it really could've gone either way.

Got lucky with my late goal in the first game as well, I thought it was pretty smart of you to tackle my player since the red card didn't matter much that late in the game. Nailed the free kick though :)

haha, yeah I felt a bit shit taking you down but I thought 'fuck it, it's the 90th minute & I need to keep it level!'. That worked out well :lol

Exypher

replayy said:
haha, yeah I felt a bit shit taking you down but I thought 'fuck it, it's the 90th minute & I need to keep it level!'. That worked out well :lol

Haha, I probably would've done the same thing myself to be honest :D from that distance I just smash it into the corner which works pretty well.

woodchuck said:
and looks like Fiorentina is in the championship game...riding the skill of MURGU. you might have to wait a while to play that championship game since the NA side of the bracket isn't finalized.

Yeah, that's cool. I look forward to playing someone from the NA division! I hope Murgu will come through for me when it really matters.

woodchuck said:
yeah guys, sorry. i dont think we'll be doing a loser's tournament. too many people are MIA to play (pretty much all of the EU tournament and Magicked). sorry guys.

and holy shit. ac milan with the huge upset over real madrid. daaaaaamn

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :D

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Gotta work till 9pm tonight but I should be able to get those 2 games with rob late tonight or at worst tomorrow morning. He's usually on all the time

Exypher

By the way, do you guys have a Be A Pro team as well? I've barely touched it so far and I would like to play some more, if you wouldn't mind me on your team.

woodchuck

so I finally got tired of RobMonge. ChrisGoldstein was supposed to play him in the quarterfinal match. The guy never responds to messages even when he's on live. It's frustrating trying to schedule a game with him as I've received complaints about him in the past.

See, I understand if you're busy. But he never posts because he doesn't have a GAF account (he signed up through his friend apparently). He ignores xbox live messages and never responds even though he's on Live a ton. If he just messaged me/astrolad or his opponent, it wouldn't have come to this. oh well.

So AC Milan automatically advanced to the next round to face me. In both his games, he got two early red cards on breakaways that changed the entire game and let me cruise to victory.

Exypher, looks like it's you and me!

I think you should be the home team since you're the higher seed.

I should be free after 6 pm GMT tomorrow (wednesday).

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yeah season 2 should be much better, I can chip in a few bucks as well.

Damn my defense sucked badly last night.

Good season though

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Season 2 we were kicking around the idea of doing table format (i.e. no playoffs) MLS. Reason being it's a nice small league, probably the perfect size if all the reliable people stay on and after doing two season with playoffs you just start to realize that many people just completely drop out the second they're eliminated; it's just more fun to have everyone involved to the end. We'll have sign-ups in the first week of the new year.

Tf53

AstroLad said:
Season 2 we were kicking around the idea of doing table format (i.e. no playoffs) MLS. Reason being it's a nice small league, probably the perfect size if all the reliable people stay on and after doing two season with playoffs you just start to realize that many people just completely drop out the second they're eliminated; it's just more fun to have everyone involved to the end. We'll have sign-ups in the first week of the new year.
Sounds good. Two games a week?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
So just MLS teams?

I guess I gotta catch up on my mls teams' knowledge, havnt watched the mls since valderrama played for the mutiny, I guess they're not a team any more

lol

woodchuck

AAAAHHHHHH

me and exypher tried to play the match...but the ea servers were having none of it. we could tell the game would be laggy just by the menus :lol

we'll probably try again later. it's weird though. i never had problems with TF53 or ajay

Top Bottom