• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DEC. 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Favorite Gaming Goods + More!

jonno394

A couple of Vita games and Breathless on Blu-Ray. Cannot wait to watch this Korean film, been eyeing it up for a long time and managed to find a copy of it on ebay for £10

2013-12-14094142_zps5ced77dd.jpg

edit oh and this from teh 12 deals of christmas sale

11365594573_afcc1ea943_o.jpg

Shengar

A friendly reminder is New Game Plus is mandatory, don't skip it. Could you send me a pm after you're done by then? I can hook you up with some excellent titbits / reviews for the game. Also, you will likely pay $40 more for the OST :p

I wrote this on my note. I'll probably will played it after my exam and finished as soon as possible :)

Wubby

Wow, mine just left the warehouse. I'm quite jealous but I still haven't build the Nu ver.Ka yet, I need to get started on it.
How big is that box by the way ?

I don't have it in front of me but I think it's about 2'ft wide and a 1 1/2'ft tall. It's a big box!

11366433194_aef37ff926_c.jpg

PlayStation Vita Tearaway Bundle with LittleBigPlanet & 16GB Memory Card

The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker Collectors Edition: Prima's Official Game Guide

After:

iwa61dzc2dpG2.jpeg

Astonished by the picture quality. Loved my old set as well, but it had started to fade in black levels. This one is pretty much perfect in every way I can think off. Best TV I've ever seen so far, so I couldn't be happier. :D

Massive bump here but kudos for the model 1 JP Saturn. That thing is an absolute beauty!

Danielsan

Some December pick-ups as well as some November pick-ups. I might have forgotten some stuff, but these are the major ones.

First of all. These two have entered my home and are doing their best to wreak havoc in my apartment (and succeeding). There have been many times over the past 3 weeks where I severely regretted picking them up. And I'm sure there will be many more times to come. But they're also too cute to get rid off and they love chilling on my lap as I browse GAF.

FmF5r5A.jpg

Summer.

hctVxwo.jpg

Chie

viNore3.jpg

The two of them on my couch. The couch that they are slowly destroying when playing with their nails out...

yDF1Z4Y.jpg

udE0ero.jpg

LxCMfF6.jpg

Picked up a Vita along with Lumines, Wipout and 3 months of PS+. PS+ also netted me Guacamelee, Uncharted and Gravity Rush on the Vita. Such a sexy handheld. Though impossible to take dust free pictures of.

ToYk6nY.jpg

And last but not least. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. Easily the best Zelda in ages. And one of the few games I actually finished this year.

Shengar

Some December pick-ups as well as some November pick-ups. I might have forgotten some stuff, but these are the major ones.

First of all. These two have entered my home and are doing their best to wreak havoc in my apartment (and succeeding). There have been many times over the past 3 weeks where I severely regretted picking them up. And I'm sure there will be many more times to come. But they're also too cute to get rid off and they love chilling on my lap as I browse GAF.

Cute kittens! I also happened to picked one from my uncle. Trying to get a photo of him but I don't get any decent result and give up lol

Gameboy415

1312-Movies2_zpsb0c7e88f.jpg

-A few late arrivals from Black Friday sales finally showed up and I picked up a few other new releases I'd been anticipating.
Day of the Doctor in 3D was so great!! :D

1312-Games4_zpsea3b0068.jpg

-I was able to get the eShop cards for 25% off at Target (price-matched Best Buy's 20% off sale and used my Red Card for an extra 5% off) so I decided to stock up. :)
I could've gotten a standard 1-year membership for less, but I decided to get the Day One XBL card because I really wanted the Shadow Jago character for Killer Instinct and the Day One card was $10 off on BestBuy.com.
I got the games super-cheap on Amazon - Batman: AC is actually a late BF arrival.

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
Doing my usual Saturday morning rounds this morning. I bought stuff at all 3 spots I shopped at and had to stop a lot earlier than normal. Some of the stuff picture is from last weeks haul too.

I don't usually go for big box PC games, but sometimes I make an exception. The Collectors edition there is #5,301 of 62,000. That's a great price for it, but it's incomplete. It's missing the manual and the extra disc. Still everything else is in great shape. I've never played Baldurs Gate 2, but it looks great.

Got both of these for 8$ total, not a bad deal.

Mario Party 3 I got last week and it was only 7$, which is WAY below the normal Ebay price. The 2 Gamecube games were cheaper than most games because they lacked their manuals. Contra was only $10 and I almost passed it up. I'm glad I asked about it as I love Contra and it's nice to finally have it on Cartridge at a good price.

hoserx

Doing my usual Saturday morning rounds this morning. I bought stuff at all 3 spots I shopped at and had to stop a lot earlier than normal. Some of the stuff picture is from last weeks haul too.

I don't usually go for big box PC games, but sometimes I make an exception. The Collectors edition there is #5,301 of 62,000. That's a great price for it, but it's incomplete. It's missing the manual and the extra disc. Still everything else is in great shape. I've never played Baldurs Gate 2, but it looks great.

Got both of these for 8$ total, not a bad deal.

Mario Party 3 I got last week and it was only 7$, which is WAY below the normal Ebay price. The 2 Gamecube games were cheaper than most games because they lacked their manuals. Contra was only $10 and I almost passed it up. I'm glad I asked about it as I love Contra and it's nice to finally have it on Cartridge at a good price.

dude, yeah. Simpsons hit and run is an awesome game!

Strider

Next-Gen is heeeeeere. Love the PS4 so far.

Got these two gems as well. Both in my top 5 games of the year

New TV. The biggest TV I've ever owned before this was 32' so this has been great so far. SM3DW looks amazing.

Don't get to do as much reading as I'd like since I'm school. When I read I feel like it should be a textbook :/ But I picked up Gladwell's newest book to read over Christmas break.

And the best TV show I've ever watched.

Not pictured: I also bought a pair of concert tickets to go see Mayer Hawthorne next year.

So that's it for me. Expensive but amazing...

omgkitty

viNore3.jpg

A man after my own heart.

Imtey

Banned
and an awesome early Xmas gift from my sis and her husband. Straight from HK so no stupid orange tip.

holy fuck lol your sister bought you a fucking gun from call of duty and gave it to you in a box as if it were a board game

you crazy americans man

kairu

holy fuck lol your sister bought you a fucking gun from call of duty and gave it to you in a box as if it were a board game

you crazy americans man

It's an airsoft gun. They shoot little plastic balls. Not really dangerous unless you don't wear eye protection.

D-e-f-

Banned
It's an airsoft gun. They shoot little plastic balls. Not really dangerous unless you don't wear eye protection.

Or you walk around with it outside and happen to walk into a situation where someone is paranoid or confused and accidentally shoots you because it doesn't have the orange tip that says "I AM A TOY" ... well done.

meppi

Massive bump here but kudos for the model 1 JP Saturn. That thing is an absolute beauty!

Thank you. :) I just love that model.
Have the white one as well as a couple European black ones, but I prefer the original grey version.

Picked up some really nice things this past week as well.

iZcXL9jPAPHmr.jpg

A couple of games that I've been after for quite a while, plus Killzone.

iqxjjiEimellV.jpg

And some more random or cheaper stuff

ioGNm2QxHX0SD.jpg

LiK

Or you walk around with it outside and happen to walk into a situation where someone is paranoid or confused and accidentally shoots you because it doesn't have the orange tip that says "I AM A TOY" ... well done.

that's why i keep it at home and not take it outside, dur. only morons would do that.

even if you owned a license to carry a concealed weapon, you're not allowed to flash it. it's still illegal.

D-e-f-

Banned
that's why i keep it at home and not take it outside, dur. only morons would do that.

even if you owned a license to carry a concealed weapon, you're not allowed to flash it. it's still illegal.

Good to know you're not crazy then :D

dracula_x

“Groovy” T-Shirt

n1hRreV.jpg

Some books.
“Remote: Office Not Required” by Jason Fried and “Photography Q&A: Real Questions. Real Answers.” by Zack Arias

1SPUOye.jpg

and Motorola Moto G

ps35fHc.jpg

Early december pickups:

Wii U 32 Gb Premium Pack. The stupid device doesn't find my router, not even if it's standing just a few cm away from it. The same router that my Wii and 3DS never had any problem with. I tried everything, including all the scenarios in the OT here on GAF. And I really don't feel like buying a Wii LAN adapter just to get this thing hooked up. It's pretty disappointing.

Rayman Legends (Wii U)
God of War: Ascension (PS3)
Flower, Sun and Rain (NDS)
Crazy Train (MSX)
Bravely Default Deluxe Edition (3DS)

and The Sky (Slipcase Edition)

sUlyMRX.jpg

isual

ok. a couple more for December.

I kinda ripped open the silver anniversary box. My hands were too big...

Early december pickups:

Wii U 32 Gb Premium Pack. The stupid device doesn't find my router, not even if it's standing just a few cm away from it. The same router that my Wii and 3DS never had any problem with. I tried everything, including all the scenarios in the OT here on GAF. And I really don't feel like buying a Wii LAN adapter just to get this thing hooked up. It's pretty disappointing.

sUlyMRX.jpg

yeah, i was disappointed too. I may return my wiiu because nintendo may do a wiiu version that comes with a lan port.

Top Bottom