• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DEC. 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Favorite Gaming Goods + More!

jayvo

Cost an arm and a leg, but I invested in a pretty cool hi-fi setup.

(That's a Pathos Classic one MkIII amp, a Musichall MMF5.1 turntable and Indiana Line Tesi speakers, for those interested. The CD player is just a placeholder, an Audio Analogue Crescendo CD player should be coming later this month.)

img_1451xaejx.jpg

This has to be a stripper pole.......right? If not, then I'll just pretend it is.

Catch up time:

Blu-ray's: Adore, Fast & Furious 6, The Lone Ranger, Kick-Ass 2, Elysium, Prisoners, and Justified: Season 4.

Some used CD's: The Chemical Brothers - Dig Your Own Hole, Orbital - In Sides, The Prodigy - Invaders Must Die, The Chemical Brothers - Push The Button, Paul Oakenfold - Tranceport.

SVS cylinder subs are sexy as hell. I would suggest using the sneakers soundtrack to set up the sub itself. Run Audyssey, use the sneakers soundtrack, run Audyssey again. Reason I suggest that soundtrack is because it can hit that really low freq bass that you can feel but cannot really hear. if done right it pressurizes the room.

I'll give Sneakers a shot.

Kingven

Best december ever:

My wife gifted me this:

YD1uwdsl.jpg

zw5raVAl.jpg

d6mDZAsl.jpg

h7qtrZMl.jpg

But the best was:

kvjIFyyl.jpg

My first child !!!! Im so happy... He/she looks like a gamer already ;-)

*runs to buy a 2DS for the baby hehehe

dab0ne

Best december ever:

My wife gifted me this:

YD1uwdsl.jpg

zw5raVAl.jpg

d6mDZAsl.jpg

h7qtrZMl.jpg

But the best was:

kvjIFyyl.jpg

Congrats on that little bundle that keeps on giving. Congrats in the baby too :p

This has to be a stripper pole.......right? If not, then I'll just pretend it is.

Why, yes it is.

Actually, no, it's just one of the most unfortunately placed support beams I can think of. Maybe I can ask my girlfriend to have a go though.

Zerojul

Would you mind to tell me what the PS1 game with the boy face on the cover is?

Ore no Shikabane o Koete Yuke, a JRPG where you play through different generations of a clan of warriors cursed with very short lives in a medieval japanese setting. The different generations of heroes fight to defeat the demon that cursed their clan. Basically when a generaton dies, you control the next one.
There's been a remake for PSP a few years ago and a Vita sequel is in the making.

Ore no Shikabane o Koete Yuke, a JRPG where you play through different generations of a clan of warriors cursed with very short lives in a medieval japanese setting. The different generations of heroes fight to defeat the demon that cursed their clan. Basically when a generaton dies, you control the next one.
There's been a remake for PSP a few years ago and a Vita sequel is in the making.

Wow, that sounds interesting. I never heard of it before. Thank you very much!

Caayn

Best december ever:

My wife gifted me this:
But the best was:

Wow I would say "marry her" but you already did :p
Congratulations with your upcoming baby. Wish both you and your wife the best of luck and that you may receive a healthy child.

zmet

Rayman Legends and The Beast Within

Rayman was $20 on Amazon last week so I decide to grab it

Futurama Vol.8 and Patlabor TV Series Collection 4

Shinji Hosoe Works Vol.3 "Dragon Saber" and extras

Also has arranged tracks from Yousuke Yasui and Yuzo Koshiro

mjc

Xenoblade for $30? Hot dang that's cool, the GS near me is charging $70 for a 'used' copy. I wanna get one but not for that price.

ethanny2

ok. a couple more for December.

yeah, i was disappointed too. I may return my wiiu because nintendo may do a wiiu version that comes with a lan port.

WTF, where did you get Xenoblade for 30? as a self proclaimed JRPG lover I have always felt guilty that I never played any of the operation rainfall games....

Danielsan

(That's a Pathos Classic one MkIII amp, a Musichall MMF5.1 turntable and Indiana Line Tesi speakers, for those interested. The CD player is just a placeholder, an Audio Analogue Crescendo CD player should be coming later this month.)

img_1451xaejx.jpg

img_1455nkumo.jpg

And I was very happy to find this on ebay to go with it:

img_1456uou5q.jpg
That's a fucking awsome set up man. Exta kudos for the Lost in Translation poster. I have the one with Scarlett in my appartment.

Yes Boss!

Preordered this a year ago but it was sent to my california address. Collected it while home for the holidays!

EFAF41BA-5E74-4ADE-9273-F674A4E45EF8.jpg

Also got a PVM sent to the california address since I wanna do some retro gaming over the holidays here:

1D6DC2EA-22FA-49D9-BE61-AFEFA2C95D86.jpg

Asparagus

img_1451xaejx.jpg

That is one sexy set up, what's the name of the glass table/tv stand?

suikodan

This month is Vita month

Ys: Because I needed it.
Batman and Valhalla Knights 3: Received as gifts.
Rayman and TearAway: Got them at 20$ each
Killzone awaits under the Christmas tree.

Sushigod7

Best december ever:

My wife gifted me this:

But the best was:

kvjIFyyl.jpg

Congrats! Baby pick ups are the best it goes by so fast mine is 2 already!! Enjoy it!

Some of these are november pickups but only just arrived lol

Yay my persona art books finally all arrived! P4A got stuck at the post office for a week because they 'carded' the parcel but never put the card in my letterbox -.-
adLiJpa.jpg

Picked up the 2 books for $5 each, pretty happy with that. Too bad the first book of the trilogy is selling for $15 everywhere
WNqkyAG.jpg

That's a fucking awsome set up man. Exta kudos for the Lost in Translation poster. I have the one with Scarlett in my appartment.

That is one sexy set up, what's the name of the glass table/tv stand?

Thanks guys!

@Danielsan: Hah, excellent taste :D and I do suppose the Scarlett version of that poster has some obvious benefits over mine.

The farther away we get from LiT's original release, the more I think it may very well be the best film ever made.

@Asparagus: Thank you! I'm afraid I couldn't tell you what the name is of the glass piece of furniture. My parents bought it over ten years ago at one of those interior decorator places where they only sell stuff in small series. They were kind enough to give it to me since they no longer use it. It was purchased in the Netherlands, either here or here. I'll ask them if they can remember what brand it is though, I'll send you a PM if I find out.

L.O.R.D

finally, just got mine
m5zn_939129e28b75270.jpg

is it me or the zelda 3DS XL have bigger click sound then the regular 3DS XL ?
also..bought sandisk 16 GB class 10 sd card

Top Bottom