• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DEC. 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Favorite Gaming Goods + More!

LordAlu

Wii U 32 Gb Premium Pack. The stupid device doesn't find my router, not even if it's standing just a few cm away from it. The same router that my Wii and 3DS never had any problem with. I tried everything, including all the scenarios in the OT here on GAF. And I really don't feel like buying a Wii LAN adapter just to get this thing hooked up. It's pretty disappointing.
Tell me about it! I had to do all the settings manually just to get it to work. Automatic settings just point blank refused to work even though my 3DS would connect without issue.

Tell me about it! I had to do all the settings manually just to get it to work. Automatic settings just point blank refused to work even though my 3DS would connect without issue.

I'm going to try another router now. (not a new one, a borrowed one)
That's the only thing I haven't tried yet, apart from a LAN adapter which I just want to avoid at all costs.

1215.png~original

Ostinatto

Impressions? I almost grabbed the Porco Rosso Blu-Ray (It's my favorite Ghbili) but heard bad things about the transfer.

Is Mononoke an improvement?

looks and SOUND AMAZING !!! i can feel those TAIKO drums in front of me .

also, lots of TV commercials, plus, one documented video of mister Miyazaki promoting Mononoke in USA.

Picked up some more Schiit... it's kind of addictive

ARCIwz8.jpg

Picked up a Schiit Vali and a BiFrost (Uber + USB)

I think I'll be done for a while after this.

RkOwnage

Bit behind on pick ups, but I'll post anyway, there is other stuff but it's around the house and I'll gather it for another post later:

PS4:

Xbone:

So, I upgraded to an iPhone 5S and bought the iPad Air 32gb, but then something interesting happened. My doorbell rang and it was the UPS guy delivering a small box, didn't recognize it, as I hadn't ordered anything. Turns out, I won a Galaxy Note 3 from Samsung, as part of their retail training programs. I took an online course, aced it, and won it from a drawing...I am lucky because A. I had no idea I won and B. They sent me a Verizon one, which ironically enough is my carrier.

I'll take the blessing and move on.

Sora_N

Busy month for me (exams).

Posting all my photos now.

Birthday Presents from my friends!

Birthday present from my gf. :)

Self birthday present lol.

Got the Zelda Plushies and TTT2 a few days ago, I couldn't pass up a $6 game even though I already own the PS3 copy and don't have a WiiU yet...

Bought these because of the loss of the license thing, I don't want to lose the chance to play. They're on sale anyways.

Sealed second copy of BD Deluxe Edition on the left, thanks to a kind family member who helped me to dodge an online retailer's 'one per household' rule!

ajOSgl6.jpg

efeman

Banned
Bought a second and third display and a couple of new cables.

aaand the finished setup. I need a new desk. sorry, the screens were too bright for the focus.

290 or the 290x will follow, as soon as the custom models are out.

Oooh, mad jelly. My single 2412m is lonely.

I wish IPS wasn't so slow, so they could give me some high refresh-rate displays. I'd like to see what it's like to game on 120Hz or 144Hz, but after going quality I just can't bring myself to go back to TN. Heck, I'll probably just go nuts for at 27"+ IPS next time I upgrade, and that'll be even slower.

Got some Christmas gifts for my two goddaughters:

A keychain for me:

A physical copy of KiD from Amazon (it was on sale for $20) but was surprised to receive this version:

Here is my pickup from black friday, awhile ago but I shipped it back home because of finals week.

IMG_1641_zps05b346bd.jpg
NZXT PHANTOM ATX Full Tower Case, Sapphire Radeon Vapor-X HD 7970 GHz OC 3GB, i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz, OCZ 1000W PSU, Asus DVD-RW some cheap speakers, WD 1 TB.

IMG_1644_zps3c7cd54d.jpg

8 GB DDR3 ram, Asus P8z77-V PRO, Logitech wireless combo MK270

IMG_1643_zps88b4dbec.jpg
Xenoblade

IMG_1646_zpsac0827e6.jpg
GSC Ultimate Madoka and Makise Kurisu White Coat Verizon

IMG_1633_zps766abbf5.jpg
Misaka Mikoto and Elizabeth

IMG_1647_zpsd1ce84ea.jpg
Jon Snow!

Yes Boss!

I gave up, just bought the last DLC for UMvC3. Ah well, I'd rather just have it than never being able to get it.

Yeah, nabbed it and the two characters as well yesterday. You never know. It will probably be available sonewhere down the line. Also had sat on Origins for a year do grabbed that as well...very nice port, that one from a little bit of play.

noomi

No Fire Emblem: Awakening?

I know I'm probably going to get chewed out for this but.... I really don't enjoy Strat/RPG/JRPG types of games, I never have :( Which is really unfortunate for me, because some of the highest rated 3ds games fall into those categories.

Still would want to pick up resident evil revelations if I can find it for sub $30.

Koppai

Came to work today and found this on my desk:

uIEnsHY.jpg

<3 my boss he is awesome, it's $50.

I'm gonna try and get him something nice, my previous boss at my past job was a complete asshole to me so it is nice to work for someone who is kind and cares about me.

Cost an arm and a leg, but I invested in a pretty cool hi-fi setup.

(That's a Pathos Classic one MkIII amp, a Musichall MMF5.1 turntable and Indiana Line Tesi speakers, for those interested. The CD player is just a placeholder, an Audio Analogue Crescendo CD player should be coming later this month.)

img_1451xaejx.jpg

img_1455nkumo.jpg

And I was very happy to find this on ebay to go with it:

img_1456uou5q.jpg

Top Bottom