• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DEC. 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Favorite Gaming Goods + More!

4th doc finally arrived. Need to work out a pose for him. Hmm...

TheDoc_zps796304e6.jpg

Pickups from Save Point Video Games. Awesome quality.

FQD2zUxl.jpg

2MLJKzRl.jpg

NES: Adventure Island IV, Cocoron, Devil World, Earthbound 0, Final Fantasy II, Mr Gimmick, Ufouria, Splatterhouse Graffiti

SNES: Bahamut Lagoon, Clock Tower, Chrono Trigger Crimson Echoes, King of Demons, Megaman and Bass, Super Metroid Zero Mission, Nightmare Busters, Secret of Man 2, StarFox 2, Tales of Phantasia, Terranigma, and Treasure of the Rudras

Was it really heavy? 65" plasma sounds very heavy to me.

It's not as bad as you'd think. I have a Sammy 64" over the fireplace, and I believe it's something like 77lbs without the stand... The 65" VT that was replaced, was like 89lbs without the stand.

curb

Banned

NES: Adventure Island IV, Cocoron, Devil World, Earthbound 0, Final Fantasy II, Mr Gimmick, Ufouria, Splatterhouse Graffiti

SNES: Bahamut Lagoon, Clock Tower, Chrono Trigger Crimson Echoes, King of Demons, Megaman and Bass, Super Metroid Zero Mission, Nightmare Busters, Secret of Man 2, StarFox 2, Tales of Phantasia, Terranigma, and Treasure of the Rudras

There was a StarFox 2?

Pbae

This isn't my pic, but I just got this yesterday.
NECA+Pacific+Rim+Gipsy+Danger+18+Inch+Jaeger+Action+Figure+One+Per+Case+(5).JPG

Also, just pre-ordered ThreeA's Noisy Boy. I AM SO EXCITED!
threea-reel-steel-noisy-boy-1-6-scale-figure-003.jpg

There are over 500 lights on him and the digital kanji on his arms are actual led's that flash just like the movies! O_O

Usobuko

Banned
This $20 game cost me 60 bucks, thanks for being so hard to find in my country and have to import it from Amazon. The fucking tax and shipping cost almost as much as the game itself, wtf. I really hope the story is as good as Gaf said. (didn't care about the gameplay lol)

A friendly reminder is New Game Plus is mandatory, don't skip it. Could you send me a pm after you're done by then? I can hook you up with some excellent titbits / reviews for the game. Also, you will likely pay $40 more for the OST :p

This isn't my pic, but I just got this yesterday.

Nice stuff, but remember, Pickups threads are for showing your pickups - other people's photos and/or stock shots aren't really in the spirit of things! To quote MarkMan in the OP:

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

:)

LiK

It's not as bad as you'd think. I have a Sammy 64" over the fireplace, and I believe it's something like 77lbs without the stand... The 65" VT that was replaced, was like 89lbs without the stand.

Oh wow, the new ones must be thinner. My old 50" Panny plasma was a similar weight, iirc

Tadale

Wow, what a blowout. I'd be set for a long time messing around with those.

Brick

There are over 500 lights on him and the digital kanji on his arms are actual led's that flash just like the movies! O_O

Geez, that Noisy Boy is incredible. Where did you pre-order that from? I checked 3A's website and didn't see anything for it in the store.

Rich!

FQD2zUxl.jpg

2MLJKzRl.jpg

Majority of those (actually, almost all of them - definitely all the SNES ones) are unnoficial bootlegs/repros. If you're are already aware, that's fine - just making sure you know.

Either way, good choices.

D-e-f-

Banned
There was a StarFox 2?

Yes. And no. StarFox 2 was finished but never released so he bought a bootleg reproduction cart. They canned the game because it would've come out during the early N64 days and they felt it would've looked too outdated and thus the next StarFox game we saw was not StarFox 2 on the SNES but instead StarFox 64.

Yes. And no. StarFox 2 was finished but never released so he bought a bootleg reproduction cart. They canned the game because it would've come out during the early N64 days and they felt it would've looked too outdated and thus the next StarFox game we saw was not StarFox 2 on the SNES but instead StarFox 64.

The glorious StarFox 64 ( or Lylat Wars, as it was called here in Europe ). Loved that game!

Pbae

Nice stuff, but remember, Pickups threads are for showing your pickups - other people's photos and/or stock shots aren't really in the spirit of things! To quote MarkMan in the OP:

:)

Hey sorry, didn't know and was just super excited! Won't happen again promise :D

Pbae

Geez, that Noisy Boy is incredible. Where did you pre-order that from? I checked 3A's website and didn't see anything for it in the store.

The pre-order is sold out in most shops but you can still pre-order from Side Show Collectibles but even their supply is limited so act quick.

curb

Banned

I remember seeing SF2 in a magazine back in the day but I had no idea you could get bootleg carts like that. Interesting stuff.

Was it really heavy? 65" plasma sounds very heavy to me.

With teh stand it is pretty damn heavy 130 something if I recall correctly. 90 something without. The stand is soooo heavy. Though The ZT is lighter then past models. My 65ZT60 weighs less then my 65VT30

Wow, what a blowout. I'd be set for a long time messing around with those.

I'm excited - really some great gems there that I've never had a chance to play.

Majority of those (actually, almost all of them - definitely all the SNES ones) are unnoficial bootlegs/repros. If you're are already aware, that's fine - just making sure you know.

Either way, good choices.

Yup, I'm aware. Most (not all) were officially released but not in English/NTSC. Been wanting to play them on my childhood NES/SNES

ArchAngel

OK you can't just post a bluray of 3.33 and not say anything about it.

Never watched any trailer of this, so I was very surprised by the movie. Awesome Soundtrack and a bit of Diebuster for style. Well, I liked it not as much as 2.22 because of how the story went and there is missing "soul", but it's still great movie to watch - even more if you didn't read/watch anything about it for 2 years. It feels like there is something missing and I hope 4.44 will help in that regard (well, as far as Evangelion does it).

But I thought my room explodes in the first 25 minutes, really great sound on the german disc :)

I wanted to have a stick dedicated to shmups and arcade style games on Steam/Xbox 360 for a long time and thought this one looked nice.

P1000143.jpg

thenexus6

5i3BihM.jpg

Was blu ray left over from my christmas wish list, went down in price so got myself. Just waiting to open Band of Brothers on christmas day then going to marathon both again.

TpIXwXb.png

Ticket to see Ryuichi Sakamoto and Taylor Deupree live in February.

Top Bottom