• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DEC. 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Favorite Gaming Goods + More!

hoserx

Fuck it. I took it off eBay. I'm keeping it.

9986FCD4-B0CE-4D92-9B46-39F0D9C714E7_zps2aworl6u.jpg

My man.

hoserx

This has always been my favorite threads. I am so excited I finally get to contribute. Here are some of my purchases.

Some frames:

Suprised my wife with some awesome jewlery from The_Monk 's wife. I also got something for myself, lol:

thanks for that last pic. getting over a breakup with my ex gf, and this photo has put me over the edge. tear fest. thanks again bro.

:p

krispyk

This has always been my favorite threads. I am so excited I finally get to contribute. Here are some of my purchases.

Some frames:

Suprised my wife with some awesome jewlery from The_Monk 's wife. I also got something for myself, lol:

This room is so awesome it defies belief!! Nice one!

VanWinkle

Picked up a nice simple DS4 charging stand. It ran out of battery too fast and grabbing a USB cable and plugging it in was too cumbersome to do between most of my sessions, so this was easier. It's pretty nice actually. You just lay it on one of the sides and press down on the DS4 until you hear a click and it starts charging. Press down again and it pops right back up to easily take the DS4 off the stand.

jVFhmQs6JmNBl.JPG

cynostic

Picked up a nice simple DS4 charging stand. It ran out of battery too fast and grabbing a USB cable and plugging it in was too cumbersome to do between most of my sessions, so this was easier. It's pretty nice actually. You just lay it on one of the sides and press down on the DS4 until you hear a click and it starts charging. Press down again and it pops right back up to easily take the DS4 off the stand.

Can't quite see but I like the look of it? Is this the official one or different? Real sleek looking too.

Lo-Volt

It isn't the Sony charging stand but it's officially licensed. The official Sony unit doesn't seem available in the U.S. but GameStop carries this for $30 or so? I've got it and it works fine enough.

VanWinkle

Can't quite see but I like the look of it? Is this the official one or different? Real sleek looking too.

It's third party. It was at Walmart for $20. I think the official Sony one isn't available in the US, but this seemed similar enough, and it works really well.

kikori

Neo Member
Haven't posted in a while since most of my purchases over the past few months have been for the house (lawn tools, etc.). Finally got some more interesting stuff between late Nov. and now!

Nexus 7 and the new Google wireless charger:
1NAt5gn.jpg

A Nest thermostat:
AVPOvvJ.jpg

Studio Ghibli Blu-Rays:
lDmrPiU.jpg

Native Instruments Komplete 9 Ultimate (software instruments and effects), an upgrade to the non-ultimate version I bought earlier in the year. Got a great deal on it (50% off) so I couldn't pass it up. It's so big (370 GB) that it ships on a custom USB drive. And apart from a USB cable and two pieces of paper, that tiny drive was the only thing in this giant box:
8jNogia.jpg

A couple of Steam games on sale:
m3zPl1G.jpg

And this just arrived today, which I had totally forgotten about! An artbook of Larry Elmore's work that was available via Kickstarter. I've been a fan of his since getting my D&D "red box" starter kit back in the early 80s.
eec7Cb0.jpg

AnPxYux.jpg

Wedge7

And this just arrived today, which I had totally forgotten about! An artbook of Larry Elmore's work that was available via Kickstarter. I've been a fan of his since getting my D&D "red box" starter kit back in the early 80s.
eec7Cb0.jpg

AnPxYux.jpg

Nice!

Just seeing that artwork, brings me back so much nostalgia when I was reading Dragonlance books as a kid, and I remember loving the artwork on the book covers. I can still recognize most of those characters in those art pieces.

Goliath

Nice control panel - did you build it?
Naw, I didn't have the tools and was a new homeowner. I also wanted the art perfectly applied and I didn't trust myself, lol. Besides the software part takes a long time too and I was planning to unveil it for my New Years party (was a month away at the time). Here is a better pic of the art.

Rafy

I made a thread asking the same thing a few weeks back and like the first 20 responses were unanimously elgato. Been using it and it works amazingly. The avermedia LGP apparently has some issues. Also don't forget to pick up a powered hdmi splitter to strip hdcp if you're going to capture PS3/PS4 footage.

Damn, my wallet is already crying...

My collection is complete !!!! :D:D:D

Been collecting since 1998 do not have all the guides but at least the CE hardcovers that are all released I have and now 3 version of OoT.

zelda17jfn4.png

zelda274fcw.png

zelda3jwcaj.png

zelda47qi6q.png

zelda5nviis.png

zelda6vffdy.png

zelda7hnf9t.png

zelda8mjcq1.png

zelda9ejdbw.png

zelda10n7dus.png

zelda1113dwm.png

zelda12ouidh.png

zelda13lfequ.png

gloone

Also, I need a bit of help. I pretty much need to get an external capture device and I am torn between the Elgato game capture HD and the AVerMedia - C875 Live Gamer Portable.
I am on a mac with bootcamp. I know the avermedia has no mac support but as i said I have bootcamp. I want to know which one is better in both video quality and software. Streaming is important to me and the elgato has the streaming option built in, what about the avermedia one? I am in desperate need of some help! Help me choose.

I just bought an Elgato Game Capture HD that i use in OSX and it works perfect. Both for capture and streaming to twitch. Love it.

Shengar

Came home today just to receive my package, hooray!
Classic, fantasy goodness by Lord Dunsanny and Michael Moorcok. Charwoman's Shadow surprisingly feels cheap compared to The King's Of Elflland Daughter, massively dissappointed there :(

Then this, my most anticipated pick up
This $20 game cost me 60 bucks, thanks for being so hard to find in my country and have to import it from Amazon. The fucking tax and shipping cost almost as much as the game itself, wtf. I really hope the story is as good as Gaf said. (didn't care about the gameplay lol)

Caode

Picked up these today. Vita was such a bargain even the fella who sold it to me ended up buying one for himself.

IckXETe.jpg

jVFhmQs6JmNBl.JPG
I wish it was heavier. Maybe it'll be better with two controllers.

I'll try to contribute in the near future, but I just wanted to chime in and say that this is one of my favorite thread(chains) to browse and enjoy. I don't know why, but seeing everything you people picked up makes me feel good, too.

eec7Cb0.jpg

AnPxYux.jpg

Wow! Thank you for posting this, I hadn't heard about this at all.

Top Bottom