• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DEC. 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Favorite Gaming Goods + More!

ink4n3

EXhldXd.jpg

The lease was up on our 2013 Sentra after 7 months. Picked up a 2014 Altima SV.

Accoun

u8rRqA7.jpg

After Dreamhack I was in mood for some Starcraft, but couldn't probably run SC2. So I bought SC1+Brood War. Really liked the first PSP Ace Combat, so hopefully this one is good, too. And Beaterator is supposed to be pretty nice in studio mode. :)

Whiterscape was pretty cheap (~$6) and there was a lot of hype in Head-Fi Metal thread and a few Metal sites/blogs. After the first listen, yeah - I like it.

Kureransu

surround_setup.jpg

Got my self started in he real surround sound world (before i have the dvd player with 5.1 surround speakers). GF was nice enough to get me the speaker system as an early x-mas gift.

Didn't think to take pictures before i set it all up, so i had to be creative lol.

Cool, I heard about Martyrs on the Quartertothree movie podcast last week. Gonna try to get my hands on that as well, it sounded interesting.

Linius

I really enjoyed the first season of The Walking Dead last year so I decided to get the first episodes to The Wolf Among Us and TWD season 2. Gonna get the seasonpass for both later.

A mix of Christmas presents for the family. That thing in red gift paper is a bluray of There Will Be Blood, I hope my ucle is pleased with that. I need to head out for some more gifts in the weekend but it's almost done.

This nice set I won, haven't got a clue of where to put the statue yet but I'll find a spot. The book with artwork is really nice too.

LB2.png

Last but not least my sucky attempt at using paint. They're all e-tickets to concerts and a game of football so I thought this would be more fun than pics of some pieces of paper :p

Qwell

Picked up this little thing yesterday. Model year 2007 house, got a killer deal, it was a builders own house he had built for his family that he was selling. Still have a ton of unpacking to do, but you can see the start of the computer room. Gained over 1,000 Sq Ft over my previous house.

postaboy

Got this week ago at Goodwill in Santa Ana for $14.99. Brand new, unopened, and still sealed. I might hold on to this since the original WOW collector's edition goes for $2000+ on eBay.
s29y.JPG

Supposedly this goodwill got a huge shipment of Blizzard Games (World of Warcraft Expanisions/Battle Chest, Diablo III/Battle Chest, StarCraft II/Battle Chest, and so on). All brand new, unopened, sealed. Each game price at $5.99.

dwm8.jpg

1qxn.jpg

Been on a retro game buying binge the last week. Mostly Genesis stuff, some SNES and Genesis sprinkled in. Also picked up an Elgato to capture video from my XRGB Mini Frammeister

Picked up this little thing yesterday. Model year 2007 house, got a killer deal, it was a builders own house he had built for his family that he was selling. Still have a ton of unpacking to do, but you can see the start of the computer room. Gained over 1,000 Sq Ft over my previous house.

Congrats on the new place!

milkham

i did my part for tearaway and picked up a couple eshop cards during bestbuy's sale
11460019645_a06d793033_b.jpg

spent wednesday at the Cort Theatre with Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart for No Man's Land and Waiting for Godot
11460019795_070942f868_b.jpg

It's been a very expensive month. I probably won't spend nearly as much money for a long while... Here are some of my pick-ups for the month.
I've done my part.

Being an old school SEGA fan, I finally gave in spending money on the eShop...

I love Christian Whitehead's ports. My only complaint is that the Android version keeps asking you to create a fu**ing Google+ account whenever you start the game.

This month's biggest pick-up. I had to wait for this specific pack.
So goood...

Spent some petrodollars on apparel for myself.

SSD for old MacBook Pro.

Rubik8

Got a new 2014 Subaru Legacy for my daily commute. Needed AWD and more room in the backseat for the kids.

IMG_20131220_121926_zps4zx7ovvy.jpg

Dereck

It's been a very expensive month. I probably won't spend nearly as much money for a long while... Here are some of my pick-ups for the month.

I've done my part.

Being an old school SEGA fan, I finally gave in spending money on the eShop...

I love Christian Whitehead's ports. My only complaint is that the Android version keeps asking you to create a fu**ing Google+ account whenever you start the game.

This month's biggest pick-up. I had to wait for this specific pack.

So goood...

Spent some petrodollars on apparel for myself.

SSD for old MacBook Pro.
Awesome post thanks for sharing

EDIT: dp

haikira

Every year, my friends and I do a sort of secret Santa, that's not actually secret, as we know who's buying for who. It's so we're able to focus all our efforts on one awesome present for a single person, rather than a load of small things. We've been doing it for a while now and I think it's a really good way of doing things. The budget is 50GBP this year, give or take a little. Below is what I've purchased for my Secret Santa.

Gave the NES a test and it's all good, except for the fact it needed that magic Nintendo cartridge blow. There's also a copy of Dragon's Lair in the box and I already knew how bad the game is, thanks to the AVGN video for it. While testing it out, I utterly failed to even get through the first door. I cleansed my palate afterwards by testing Mario 3. Sogood.gif.

The exchange is going down tonight, so I'll be posting whatever I receive, pretty soon.

img_3192erlm1.jpg

QNIl7wo.jpg

SEGA 3D classics~

VXxfu64.jpg

Don't have a PS4 yet, but I figured I'd get a physical copy of Putty Squad now before it vanishes. It's already been removed from PSN.

MCasey

Some December pick-ups as well as some November pick-ups. I might have forgotten some stuff, but these are the major ones.

First of all. These two have entered my home and are doing their best to wreak havoc in my apartment (and succeeding). There have been many times over the past 3 weeks where I severely regretted picking them up. And I'm sure there will be many more times to come. But they're also too cute to get rid off and they love chilling on my lap as I browse GAF.

FmF5r5A.jpg

Summer.

hctVxwo.jpg

Chie
Wow. So cute.

Top Bottom