• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DEC. 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Favorite Gaming Goods + More!

Marceles

the first time I ever posted in such a thread (with a picture)

having tons of fun with my siblings!

EDIT: two Wii U Pro Controllers (Black) not shown here

Those are the exact games I got with my Wii U, except I got the Mario & Luigi bundle and bought 3D World and Zelda digitally

This lot arrived just in time for Christmas!

Shizue/Isabelle Animal Crossing New Leaf Nendoroid

MJBD9wt.jpg

84CvqHI.jpg

cz6kevM.jpg

Bravely Default - For The Sequel (3DS, JP)

cJzARSN.jpg

Final Fantasy XIII-3: Lightning Returns OST (4 discs)

tN593wq.jpg

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Battle Pentagram LE (Vita, JP)

CKAKPP4.jpg

Y3AMFUm.jpg

VOCALOID v3 - Hatsune Miku English edition (PC/Mac)

5tJicuB.jpg

tksOtnY.jpg

VGpvKb9.jpg

Ocean - the history book (Kickstarter)

ewbvNlU.jpg

And finally, a blind Super Famicom pick from a seller in Japan - Super Zugan:

29Nosmv.jpg

7d6uiMV.jpg

Merry Christmas all, and have a Happy New Year!

feli

Welcome to the TDI club! They really are great cars.

Thanks man, I would have taken the 2.0 TDI but here in Italy (expecially in Naples) the tax and the insurance are too high. When someone like a father has to buy a car for a son, the son says: "I will buy the car and you will pay the insurance" instead of "Buy me a car and I will pay the insurance".

BTW it's such a beatiful car and it goes really well even with the 1.6 TDI.

Your garage door is blowing my mind

LOL. It's the garage of my father's office, he also use it for storing things from his company, but I really don't know why there is a door. I dubt that he (or someone) even use it.

Beautiful car.

Wish VW would hurry up and put out the new bodystyle in NA already.

It is, yes.

Here in Europe it has been nominated Car of the Year 2013. Technologically speaking it's maybe even more sophisticated than an Audi A7 (my father has it and his mind blowed when he thought that my car does things better and with so much less costs than his car.)

Hyunickel

Neo Member
First time participating here! :)

I got my Xbox One on release, but I'll still throw it up here
Qfhn8AMl.jpg

Some movie pickups for the holidays
2XuYd9Bl.jpg

And final pickup of the year, iPad Mini with Retina. This took a while to find around here
JaS5B7xl.jpg

First post here (I think?). Forgot to post November Pick-Ups, so those are included as well. My wallet am cry.

November:
oyUYTSL.png

BS1JLkc.png

X6ZRbnf.png

XpaSO93.png

E6UlUGE.png

Xy0XOzm.png

December:
4uukUSE.png

EuoaSQU.png

pDPNLJA.jpg

Contender
Sealed!

...what the heck there's a crack on the front >:I
my cousin used to own this game and i'd play it whenever i'd go over his house

meNMdWw.jpg

Bakuman Vol. 9

3fRu98m.jpg

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

Blablurn

Got myself some special christmas nba jerseys!

1q0xfk.jpg

Blake and Lebron, baby. Even though the clippers long sleeve shirt looks like a pyjama, i couldnt say no to it haha

2usxaf.jpg

and some hats

30tzu4.jpg

Shengar

I've posted earlier, but it turns out that I still buy some more this month. So much thing bought, so much despair brought upon my wallet and bank account D:
This is my biggest (accumulated) picked-up yet"
To list the pick-ups:
  • Framed Celcetta and Skyrim map
  • Excellent Model Airi Ban
  • D-Arts Thanatos (One of the most awesome pick up for me)
  • Project Rainfall games
  • Zelda TP
  • PKD Collection

kizito

First post in this thread !

1387878471-img-2958.jpg

Japanese fot Busy People is the Kana version. I was using the Romaji version, but where I do study, we need to use the kana version now.

Battlefield 4 + China Rising, is there an official server for Neogaf ?

And a few other things.
Didn't play Luigi's Mansion 2 yet, but Castlevania is quite good even as an IGA fan.

And yes, Tearaway, already finished, I did my part 8)

efeman

Banned
Still shocked at this Christmas present... (128GB Surface Pro 2)

8j5gJNU.jpg

Hot dang, congrats! I just checked out the hardware at a MS store today. It seems like a great product. What a shame that MS wasn't more aggressive with the pricing; I think it could sell really well at a lower price point. I strongly considered it for school, but I couldn't bite at that price.

Taker34

Banned
Had a very Mass Effect-y Christmas :D

20131224_155210ncsez.jpg

20131224_155352xyssg.jpg

20131224_155414zssl8.jpg

Razer Imperator Limited ME3 Edition and Square Enix/Play Arts Kai - Tali'Zorah! So hard to find but I'm so happy!

kanuuna

An iPad Air - a pretty damn good Christmas haul. I never would've got around to buying one myself.
Now I've just got think of games and apps to fill this thing up with. 128GB is a lot, especially compared to the meager 16GB of the iPhone 4 rocking iOS 6 that I carry in my pocket.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I never buy games after Black Friday, as I don't know what I'll get for Christmas. So my game pick-ups have been pretty much non-existant this month outside of GT6 and a cheap copy of Kirby on Wii. Have bought a lot of clothes, though. Some new jeans and a bunch of french-cuff shirts from Express.

Even with the next-gen systems sitting by my TV, I can't claim they're my favorite pick-ups of the year - just no great games, yet. My two greatest pick-ups are actually both computers:

9385972499_d1247bccc6_c.jpg

LD PC-V7
Rampage IV Formula
i7 3820 @ 4.6Ghz
Nvidia Geforce Titan
16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 2133
512GB + 250GB SSDs
Blu-Ray
Fully EK Watercooled

... and my new laptop:

10652546866_9888bb3806_c.jpg

15" Late 2013 Retina MacBook Pro
2.3 CrystalLake i7
750M + Iris Pro
16GB RAM
512GB SSD

Schlep

Hot dang, congrats! I just checked out the hardware at a MS store today. It seems like a great product. What a shame that MS wasn't more aggressive with the pricing; I think it could sell really well at a lower price point. I strongly considered it for school, but I couldn't bite at that price.
Thanks. I think the pricing is pretty spot on for the $899 and $999 models. Maybe they could've given a little bit more HDD space on both. My other option was the Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga Pro 2. Same price and specs except a 3200x1800 13.3" screen. Very nice computer, but in the end, the Wacom functionality put the SP2 over the top.

So cool.
I really wish I had the money to buy one. Maybe next year...
So far it's definitely worth it. At least if you wait until next year, you're likely to get a redesigned Surface Pro 3.

MRORANGE

Giving you guys an update on extra titles I bought:

The Last of Us
i1Yo3UjKuVmcc.JPG

Such a fantastic little scripted game, Naughty Dog are wasted working on the Uncharted series, I didn't get into the game until the 2nd half but it paid off dearly. Will play again sometime for sure, I managed to get Silent Hill vibes from the winter season in that derelict town. I wished there was more focus on different infected though. I never felt in real danger, enemy AI was somewhat predictable and easy to trick. But overall the story-telling and survival-type gameplay were fun.

Gran Turismo 6
i7cOm7SxnXbws.JPG

I hated the game for the first couple hours or so, but after adjusting to the new layout and cars I felt right at home again. GT6 isn't a huge leap from 5 but it's the small things that make a huge difference, load times, navigation and customization are now shortened down into one easy to manage window which load instantly, rather than having to wait 5 seconds. I'm still having a feel on certain cars handling, but it's another fantastic game by Polyphonic and well worth going from 5 to 6.

Battlefield Bad Company
iYuuQwzKuQv4e.JPG

Played the second on PC and thought it had one of the best modern combat fps single player stories, a real shame DICE has pretty much decided that they might can the humor from Bad Company games. Anyway I got this because the game never came out on PC. Haven't played much but the humor is still intact, but you can tell the game was still in early waters, combat doesn't seem as engaging as the 2nd and everything seems quite linear with very little purpose - again I haven't played much so it might catch up later one.

Valkyria Chronicles
iEfDpEsuB12Q4.JPG

This I can't say much, as I was too busy with TLOU, I'll get back to it one day....(Probably after completing Ni No Kuni)

More to come, Metal Gear Legacy should come any day now, MvC3: Ultimate might arrive next year.

Jono

Neo Member
Considering it's Christmas I figured I would actually post for once.

These are my presents from my wonderful girlfriend!

First, some cufflinks

qfAaQVdl.jpg

Next, some art books.

G6ghzRFl.jpg

A Forza Hoody.

gUw3Azvl.jpg

A couple of books

VX05nu2l.jpg

And finally Fables Vol. 1 (I want to read it before playing The Wolf Among Us) , Persona: The Animation Vol. 2 on Blu-ray and a Pebble!

FKSmmLol.jpg

Merry Christmas GAF :)

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
Merry Christmas to me from me:

Choplifter was a mere $0.99 and I heard it was pretty good. Ducktales should be great.

Now I have all five of the CT live DVD's. I'm sure Santa and The Ice Cream Bunny is a fine piece of cinema.

I've posted earlier, but it turns out that I still buy some more this month. So much thing bought, so much despair brought upon my wallet and bank account D:
This is my biggest (accumulated) picked-up yet"

To list the pick-ups:
  • Framed Celcetta and Skyrim map
  • Excellent Model Airi Ban
  • D-Arts Thanatos (One of the most awesome pick up for me)
  • Project Rainfall games
  • Zelda TP
  • PKD Collection

Is that a custom frame for the Skyrim map? I remember looking for a frame a while back but IIRC, the map was a non-standard size and couldn't find anything right for it.

Mohasus

I'll buy an ASUS Xonar Essence STX to drive that Shure SRH750DJ soon. :)

Also, I'm almost Dendi now with this keyboard + mouse.

Pengew

I can't get enough Tearaway!

11541695816_609bafbbbb_z.jpg

I am now in the process of re-buying my 360 games. I feel like an idiot because I always sell games because I feel I don't need them. Then years later I end up buying them all again.

11541704336_f7057560cc_z.jpg

Lucent

This arrived two days ago:

The Resident Evil Deck Building Game! I was stoked when I discovered this existed. I mainly wanted the cards because I love cards, but I will obviously be playing the game. I'm super excited because it's my first game of its kind; I didn't even know what the hell Deck Building games were. I bought it so me and my family could play it during Christmas. It's very appropriate, don't you think? Four more sets to go!

I went out today to buy some card sleeves for the cards:

I snagged the tote for my sister as a gift bag, so she gets two presents. I want to be evil and wrap it as much as possible and put it in a box within a box within a box within more paper.

It's a fun game. Me and my friends played it a lot whenever we had game nights. My strategy was always to try to get as much buying power as I could and get good weapons. But it's also best to try to get cards that allow you to trash cards you don't really need so you can shrink the deck and get more chances of a good hand. Some of the characters have very good advantages. I freak'n hate one of the Jills that is impervious to explosions...one of my friends used her once and just kept lobbing grenades, hitting all of us and not giving a crap. =l

Top Bottom