• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Frester

MarkMan said:
COOOL!

I'll be at PAX East! See you there!

East Coast love GAF MEETUP!!! (looks at Kadey)

<3

Definitely! I'm coming up with two of my best friends (that are also GAFers), but to my knowledge there's never been a DC-GAF meet up :(

Too bad my camera is dying so I took these with my mobile phone's camera:

Modern Warfare 2: Veteran Package
image053m.jpg

image056p.jpg

Other Games
image057x.jpg

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I am taking the rest this month off from that shithole , so bought this as early Christmas present for my co worker since she broke her Genius Pen, hope she like it.

yeah she is the same one I bought the pink DSL for few months ago , and no , we are still just coworkers friends *sigh* :(

4152046387_edeeb68b4e.jpg

4152046627_10f4107b8c.jpg

Taken with my shitty iPhone camera.

My first purchase for my PS3 (outside of LBP that I got with the console)

The $20 dollar card is a Best Buy Cyber Monday special. Got it free with the purchase of one of the games.

be5852b7.jpg

Started Drakes Fortune last night.

OMG what a badass game..... I only made it to the
U-Boat
so I am no where in the game really.

2dd3add5.jpg

eLGee

archnemesis said:
What's in the collector's edition?

A deck of cards with illustrations and character descriptions of every major player in the book. Andy and Big Jim look like G.W. Bush and Dick Chaney, respectively. :D

beje

Banned
2r5b0k4.jpg

My mother almost threw me through the window when she saw the OMG HUEG box, but 30€ was too much of a good deal not to take advantage :D

In the screen playing, RB2. Bought it 2 days ago and have been using it with the GH3 guitar so far.

Totobeni said:
I am taking the rest this month off from that shithole , so bought this as early Christmas present for my co worker since she broke her Genius Pen, hope she like it.
You didn't break her pen did you? Why would you spend hundreds of dollars on some co-worker? Doesn't compute...

Kintaro said:
What kind of a mini set up? Is this replacing a 5.1 set up? I'm interested in hearing your impressions since I've been looking at this myself as I'm sick of the wires as well.
Yup, it's replacing 5.1 on my desk. I was going to opt for the CT500, but it's a little much for what I really need it for. It's a good system for a small area and it uses HDMI passthrough, no upscaling. Regardless, I popped it in last night and I am impressed with it for sure. It doesn't get really loud though, if you're concerned with that.

Mega Mike

Banned
Totobeni said:
Im gonna have to take your man card away...

Mega Mike said:
Im certain that trying to woo over a female is something a Man would do. Of course his way involves extravagant gifts, but hey who are we to judge.
Best of luck man but maybe get her some roses to go with that pen?

Johnny

Totobeni said:

yeah she is the same one I bought the pink DSL for few months ago , and no , we are still just coworkers friends *sigh* :(

4152046387_edeeb68b4e.jpg

4152046627_10f4107b8c.jpg
You're doing things backwards. First you get the girl, THEN she takes your money.

Frester said:
Definitely! I'm coming up with two of my best friends (that are also GAFers), but to my knowledge there's never been a DC-GAF meet up :(

I already live in Boston, so when the time comes closer I want to see a GAF meetup topic. :D

Rolf NB

Eat Lead: The Return Of Matt Hazard
Mirror's Edge
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Tales Of Symphonia: Dawn Of The New World

23kqczd.jpg

Rainbow stylus set
Phantom Hourglass stylus
Mario Kart stylus
359z2gy.jpg

Banpresto Mario Galaxy vol. 2 (x5)
Furuta Mario Series 1 (set of 13)
2rrb0y1.jpg

assorted stuff
2ckav6.jpg

Banpresto 5inch Goomba
b5o9ax.jpg

Mario Galaxy Launch Coin
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon cell art
PW Justice for All stylus
2aan4a8.jpg

zmet

Terminator Salvation and Mystery Science Theater 3000 XVI
de1.jpg

Panzer Dragoon II Zwei Original Soundtrack
no13.jpg

Mushihimesama Futari
no12.jpg

mjc

I bought tons of Blu-rays off of Amazon this past Friday, great deals all around.

62c19eea.jpg

1ce61368.jpg

Got Dissidia and Persona PSP for $15 each off Amazon on Monday, M&M Clash of Heroes came out today after a long wait as well.

fead24d5.jpg

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
this is so OT guys
:(

perryfarrell said:
You didn't break her pen did you? Why would you spend hundreds of dollars on some co-worker? Doesn't compute...

.. she was sad yesterday because of her old tablet ( drawing tablet are very expensive here ) .

Johnny said:
You're doing things backwards. First you get the girl, THEN she takes your money.

well , It's kinda a complicated situation you see :( :(

Mega Mike said:

a dude can try no ?
:( :( :(

kafka rock opera said:
Im certain that trying to woo over a female is something a Man would do. Of course his way involves extravagant gifts, but hey who are we to judge.
Best of luck man but maybe get her some roses to go with that pen?

thanks for the tip but .. tried that ( the classic thingy rose chocolate , and bear ..ect ) before in her birthday and last V-day and our national day , no worky.

:( :( :( :(

MidnightRider said:
What is all of this white stuff on the screen and computer?

because ..before that ..there was this

3729019049_8c07740385.jpg

Shin Johnpv said:
Yeah I have to ask why so many copies of the same game? Want to sell me one of the blazblues on the cheap? :lol :lol

some support the game or companies they like , some own games stores , some want to sell LEs for more aftr few months and some just like collect these stuff.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Totobeni said:
some support the game or companies they like , some own games stores , some want to sell LEs for more aftr few months and some just like collect these stuff.

In MarkMan's case, I believe they were for tourneys.

Rctdaemon

Raife said:
Red Star Hardcovers 1-4
redstarpickup.jpg

Where did you get volumes 3 and 4 in HC? I just ordered the TPBs because I didn't think they were doing the hard covers anymore.

Archangel Studios Store. If the link doesn't work, go to theredstar.com and click on the store. They just reprinted volume 3 and this is the first printing of volume 4.

PersonaTekk.jpg

I bought Tekken 6 LE for the stick, and yup Persona was $15 on Amazon.

Stickken.jpg

The Tekken 5 LE stick with the Tekken 6 LE stick.
I swear I hate Tekken. Why do I keep buying the games? D:

ngower

All were purchased in the past week, some in late November but they didn't arrive until yesterday, so I don't count that as a Nov purchase!:D
4154261964_7f05524914_b.jpg

4154261890_899772f5ea_b.jpg

Sirius Stratus 5 ($38 shipped) and Home Kit ($41 in store)
Fever Ray Deluxe Edition CD ($15)
The Fall, The Plague, and The Myth of Sisyphus, all by Albert Camus, for about $25 total (can't remember price)
The Tragedy of Great Power Politics by John J Mearsheimer
Pro Evolution Soccer ($60)
Modern Warfare 2 ($60)
Star Trek Blu Ray ($20)
The Doors: Live In New York Box Set (in shrink wrap $68) for my mom for Christmas
Hello Kitty night-time plush ($25) for my niece. Bought a pair of slippers for her as well, but not yet received them.
The Marvel Encyclopedia ($24) and the Spectacular Spider-Man: Season 1 ($18) for my nephew
Hegemony or Survival by Noam Chomsky (borrowing from cafe)
The New Yorker issue is the last of my subscription :(

That slip of paper underneath the Hello Kitty plush is for an NAD C326BEE integrated amplifier , purchased for $450. I'll be grabbing a set of PSB Alpha B1's and a DAC or CD player of some kind in early January after I pay some bills and finish Christmas shopping. Went a little crazy on Black Friday.

ngower said:
All were purchased in the past week, some in late November but they didn't arrive until yesterday, so I don't count that as a Nov purchase!:D
Sirius Stratus 5 ($38 shipped) and Home Kit ($41 in store)
Fever Ray Deluxe Edition CD ($15)
The Fall, The Plague, and The Myth of Sisyphus, all by Albert Camus, for about $25 total (can't remember price)
The Tragedy of Great Power Politics by John J Mearsheimer
Pro Evolution Soccer ($60)
Modern Warfare 2 ($60)
Star Trek Blu Ray ($20)
The Doors: Live In New York Box Set (in shrink wrap $68) for my mom for Christmas
Hello Kitty night-time plush ($25) for my niece. Bought a pair of slippers for her as well, but not yet received them.
The Marvel Encyclopedia ($24) and the Spectacular Spider-Man: Season 1 ($18) for my nephew
Hegemony or Survival by Noam Chomsky (borrowing from cafe)
The New Yorker issue is the last of my subscription :(

That slip of paper underneath the Hello Kitty plush is for an NAD C326BEE integrated amplifier , purchased for $450. I'll be grabbing a set of PSB Alpha B1's and a DAC or CD player of some kind in early January after I pay some bills and finish Christmas shopping. Went a little crazy on Black Friday.
Yeah Read that Albert Camus, love post that have these highbrow items and then Marvel Encyclopedia. You my friend give gamers a good name. :D

ngower

practice02 said:
Yeah Read that Albert Camus, love post that have these highbrow items and then Marvel Encyclopedia. You my friend give gamers a good name. :D

Well it's for my 5-year old nephew, though I was tempted to pick up the DC version for myself. I most likely will sometime down the road:lol

xclaw

IMAG0002.jpg

I am starting to wonder if this is why they are all on clearance now....... Returned the first copy and the second is still doing it. Seems I'm not alone according to the midway forums. Hopefully they can put out a fix for it.

error.jpg

Tried a few different things to no avail, launch 80gb with 3.10 fw... anyone else having this problem? Every other game and blue ray works just fine so I'm thinking it's something with the game installer on initial startup causing the system to freak out with the latest system software.

Top Bottom