• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

LiK

maskrider said:
Yeah, it is all nostalgia. I also have the steelcase, the sound track and the thick and big comic books.

My friend is very happy with the 24 192KHz Japanese track, I am on 2 channels so I don't care much.

nice, thanks for the pics :)

LiK said:
yea, it's on blu-ray, might as well put in that old dub from the VHS days for the old school fans like us. TETSUOOOOO~!!!!

man, the jpn is wayyyy more expensive but i might just splurge on it considering how much it affected my childhood when i first saw it. i splurged on the first printing steelcase SE DVD a long time ago. :D

The only difference between the Japanese and NA release appears to be the color of the BD case.

Gagaman

A bunch of anime DVDs i found on the cheap in London (a shop called Fopp). A steal at £3 each. I've missed some of these since I had them on videos years ago! They had loads there, maybe I should have picked up more.

2afnbeb.jpg

Today: Obligatory Street Fighter IV. I would take a photo but you've seen about 300 photos of it already. Just got the regular edition, didn't feel like splashing out £60 for a few extra little bits.

Also downloaded Nobi Nobi Boy and the Metal Gear Solid Pack for LBP.

Oh, and how could i forget..

2mngls2.jpg

(Moody/crappy lighting ahoy!)

Got him at a car boot sale for 30p! His missing his orange chain but I couldn't leave him there! Was one of my favorite childhood toys, this was!

LiK

distantmantra said:
The only difference between the Japanese and NA release appears to be the color of the BD case.

does the US one have the illustrated booklet and cardboard case as well?

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Gagaman said:
A bunch of anime DVDs i found on the cheap in London (a shop called Fopp). A steal at £3 each. I've missed some of these since I had them on videos years ago! They had loads there, maybe I should have picked up more.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2afnbeb.jpg

Today: Obligatory Street Fighter IV. I would take a photo but you've seen about 300 photos of it already. Just got the regular edition, didn't feel like splashing out £60 for a few extra little bits.

Also downloaded Nobi Nobi Boy and the Metal Gear Solid Pack for LBP.

Oh, and how could i forget..

http://i40.tinypic.com/2mngls2.jpg
(Moody/crappy lighting ahoy!)

Got him at a car boot sale for 30p! His missing his orange chain but I couldn't leave him there! Was one of my favorite childhood toys, this was!
God I love Dominion Tank Police.

LiK

coltcannon said:
I saw somewhere that said only the initial pressing, later it will just be the bluray case.

cool, cancelled jpn order for now. gonna check out the US one first before i decide.

Don

My purchases for the past few weeks:

2lwt5dg.jpg

1fgv88.jpg

I already had GTA4 on PS3 since launch but the disc got cracked a few days ago so I bought a new copy, and I got the 360 version for the DLC.

Also downloaded Flower, Lumines Supernova and Noby Noby Boy from PSN this month.

LiK

finally arrived. fuckin Gamestop.com sent them in bubble envelopes! wtf were they thinking?? got a lot of dents and bangs. not horribly bad and thank gawd i dont care much about the outer box. anyways...

sfivce.jpg

and i got this:

ppgdvd.jpg

Netto-kun

Probably wont bother to pick up anymore games for awhile, too much in my backlog.

SSL21389.jpg

SSL21390.jpg

Edit: Oh, also picked up 2 tickets for the Play! concert next month.

Canti

Joe211 said:
could you post a pick of the European CE content?

ty
Bad news!

It comes with the Ryu and Viper figures you've seen a thousand times, so I won't post pics of those (unfortunately have seen better capsule toys). Also:

rl97rr.jpg

The anime blu-ray (pictured) doesn't even come in a case, just a plastic sleeve. So I've stuck it in the game case for now. That little udon illustrated comic/guide on the left is like 10 pages long and more of a novelty/advert for the comic than useful. Comes with a code for the brawler pack dlc too, but worth £20 more? £10 more tops, especially seeing as you can get the regular game for 30 most places.

In the SF4 excitement also forgot to post this, which also arrived today:

wgyfiv.jpg

Apple vol. 2 - Korean illustrators artbook

LiK

Canti said:
Bad news!

It comes with the Ryu and Viper figures you've seen a thousand times, so I won't post pics of those (unfortunately have seen better capsule toys). Also:

http://i42.tinypic.com/rl97rr.jpg

[B]The anime blu-ray (pictured) doesn't even come in a case, just a plastic sleeve[/B]. So I've stuck it in the game case for now. That little udon illustrated comic/guide on the left is like 10 pages long and more of a novelty/advert for the comic than useful. Comes with a code for the brawler pack dlc too, but worth £20 more? £10 more tops, especially seeing as you can get the regular game for 30 most places.[/QUOTE]

wow, considering how nice the packaging looked, they cheaped out on a blu-ray case? yeesh.

Joe211

Canti said:
Bad news!

The anime blu-ray (pictured) doesn't even come in a case, just a plastic sleeve. So I've stuck it in the game case for now. That little udon illustrated comic/guide on the left is like 10 pages long and more of a novelty/advert for the comic than useful. Comes with a code for the brawler pack dlc too, but worth £20 more? £10 more tops, especially seeing as you can get the regular game for 30 most places.

In the SF4 excitement also forgot to post this, which also arrived today:

Apple vol. 2 - Korean illustrators artbook

thanks Canti, well I'm going to buy the regular edition which has a better cover by the way

cicero

Amir0x said:
StreetFighterIVFebSmall.jpg

And now my month is complete... (it's not really complete but it FEELS like it!0

715tn6.jpg

If you drew that while on this, please stop. If you drew that without it, for the love of GOD please start.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Most of the games I've bought this month (missing a couple but whatever and aside Bad Company and Tatsunoko they're still sealed 'cause ain't got much time :-/)

Depeche mode sold-out tickets, this June @San Siro's Stadium... can't wait for the album!

Inter FC vs Man United -Champions League's game this tuesday - I'll be one of the 83.000 :D

New Inter's official kit shirt, but I've yet to decide which one I like better of the three I've got...

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I was going to wait until I got Killzone 2 next week, but here is my stuff.

Compaq Laptop, a $100 camcorder from Best Buy that is pretty good, and a bottle of Crystal Skull Vodka.

3296484886_d38c78e0c4_b.jpg

dskillzhtown said:

Compaq Laptop, a $100 camcorder from Best Buy that is pretty good, and a bottle of Crystal Skull Vodka.

Is this Vodka only in a certain region of the US? As someone who frequents liquor stores on a weekly basis I have never caught this.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Damn. That HP mini be lookin' fiiiiiine.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Suburban_Nooblet said:
Is this Vodka only in a certain region of the US? As someone who frequents liquor stores on a weekly basis I have never caught this.

It is just now getting better distribution. The local chain here in Houston just got it a week ago. Though you could always special order it. I looked online and found it at a few places. It was the same price at the local store. They had quite a few bottles, yet they had it locked up as it is 49 bucks a bottle.

About the laptop, I love it. I was about to get a mini, but since I will rarely be traveling with it, I thought it didn't make too much sense. The number pad on the right is freaking awesome. No complaints yet.

Smokey

dskillzhtown said:
It is just now getting better distribution. The local chain here in Houston just got it a week ago. Though you could always special order it. I looked online and found it at a few places. It was the same price at the local store. They had quite a few bottles, yet they had it locked up as it is 49 bucks a bottle.

About the laptop, I love it. I was about to get a mini, but since I will rarely be traveling with it, I thought it didn't make too much sense. The number pad on the right is freaking awesome. No complaints yet.

What chain did you get it from ?

eXistor

Got a pretty good haul yesterday. I was able to buy all this from a videogame store that went out of business (Replay in Breda, for all you Dutch Gaffers) and I got a pretty sweet deal on this lot. Unfortunately a bunch are doubles and a few I don't care about (all the boxed stuff), but I'm still pretty happy about it. I got the GBA games for free.

My brother also picked up two life-size statues of Killzone and Tekken to put in our store, but I forgot to take pictures, maybe next week when I'm at work.

1z3mo8g.jpg

2vdhamq.jpg

k9un4h.jpg

11v156c.jpg

mileS

Flunkie said:
Are you guys seriously hating on what he drew right now?

thisisneogaf.gif

I WISH I could draw that good :lol
I can draw a parrot and some badass stickfigure combat but thats about it :p

dskillzhtown said:

Crystal Skull Vodka is pretty cool but you should be drinking Santana Champ 'cause it's so crisp.

Amir0x

Banned
I don't mind art critique, I drew that sketch in like one minute in a hurry to try to "spice" up the usually boring SFIV images, not to try to enter it into a competition :lol

Here is a more fun one I put in the other thread:

ViperVsFFIIISmall.jpg

shawnlreed

3297256199_3a8050ae33_b.jpg

Retro Game Challenge
Map of 'The Four Corners of Civilization' from The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
Giant Bomb T-Shirt of total awesomeness that I will never wear in an airport

Top Bottom