• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Rlan

puzzlebubble.jpg

Picked up a lot of stuff the last few months. But I thought this was a particularly good one.

21jztzo.jpg

On the right you see my old bike, a Ducati Monster 620. And on the left the new one, a Ducati 998. This picture was taken on the day the 998 was delivered (they took the old one with them, I traded it in towards this one).

The 998 has 21000 KM on it, was built in 2003, has a new set of tires and is fitted with open carbon exhaust and chip (should now deliver 130 bhp).

24o9aiv.jpg

Fallout-NL said:
Picked up a lot of stuff the last few months. But I thought this was a particularly good one.

http://i42.tinypic.com/21jztzo.jpg[IMG]

On the right you see my old bike, a Ducati Monster 620. And on the left the new one, a Ducati 998. This picture was taken on the day the 998 was delivered (they took the old one with them, I traded it in towards this one).

The 998 has 21000 KM on it, was built in 2003, has a new set of tires and is fitted with open carbon exhaust and chip (should now deliver 130 bhp).

[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/24o9aiv.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

That bmw looks like it has a busted window.

btw, 130 bhp is bananas, that is how much my car has. you're gonna kill yourself on that thing.

Yes, I've been worrying about that as well. Guess I'll try to take it slow for starters. Cause I'm basically going from the entry model to the top of the line.

As for the BMW, we've had some cold weather over here in Holland, the windows fog up and freeze over.

2ahrwb8.jpg

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009
Play.com sent me this broken plastic piece of crap in a garbage bag. Which is where it belongs really. This has got to be the most mindbogglingly stupid packaging ever. What the fuck am I supposed to do with that thing?

ap6s3.jpg

Mik2121

Cdammen said:
Got this today.

3194141164_2241e506b7_o.jpg

Never played it before. Still waiting for Startropics.

Well, you are about to play one of the best NES games ever!. And the music.. omg, the music in this game is so awesome =))))

El Six

Banned
Here's what i got so far:

P1080298.jpg

Bass For Rockband is awesome but wired

P1080297.jpg

Thanks to NeoGaf I am addicted to Walking dead ;p

Kai Ozu

Kagari said:
I hate you for having the Zeta set.
t4v8np.png

Kagami said:
Oh wow...
I guess I shouldn't be surprised Kai Ozu would pick this up. :)
I've heard mixed opinions on it but haven't read any in-depth comparisons with DVD releases. I know there's not as much detail to extract out of 16mm film as there is with 35mm, but I'm curious whether there are any scenes with compression noise on the DVDs (opening animation, explosions, starfields, whatever) that look clean on the BDs. (Actually, is the OP 35mm?)
sobodz.jpg

S. L. said:
that zeta box looks awesome :O
Well, it is really nice. It comes with a nice booklet as well, with all the original concept art for the characters.

Big_T

iPhone 3G 16GB officially unlocked cost me 685 US$
got it from Australia (my cousin brought it to me )

the games from amazon (black friday)
p101074794a5d.jpg

For the unlock i waited 10 business days
picture189a2c.png

VASPER

Banned
Fallout-NL said:

21jztzo.jpg

24o9aiv.jpg

Nice i race a little super moto and i would love to have a Ducati some day. What did that set you back?

Club Nintendo Prize:
IMG_0378.jpg

Some reading material:
IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

Dissidia Limited OST:
IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

Stickers:
IMG_0397.jpg

...Wait a second!

"Auron opened the present."
IMG_0383.jpg

"Inside, there was a t-shirt."
IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

JEKKI

Auron_Kale said:
niiiiiiiice~!!!

I wanted to pick up the Baloon Fight shirt...

but like I said earlier, the exchange rate isnt good.

that and it's the 14th day of the month... and I havent spent ANY money!! (except food and important stuff)

it's a beautiful thing, I kinda wanna maintain it.

Cdammen

_RT_ said:
Holy crap. I loved that game.
Mik2121 said:
Well, you are about to play one of the best NES games ever!. And the music.. omg, the music in this game is so awesome =))))
I've clocked three hours of Faxandu and I concur with the both of you. It's like a Metroidvania but the structure is a little more open-ended and the music is weird in a good way. The sound is quite unique and I love the world :)

3196695622_6dbb2490b0_o.jpg

Fuck yeah! Another NES gem that I haven't played.

dagZ

Big_T said:
iPhone 3G 16GB officially unlocked cost me 685 US$
got it from Australia (my cousin brought it to me )

the games from amazon (black friday)
p101074794a5d.jpg

what does unlocking do to it?

Cdammen

Cosmic Bus said:
Doesn't look like you got the "invisible ink" letter that came with the game originally... Bummer.
Yeah, but hey I wasn't expecting a complete set for $8 :)

I'll have to check out the password, secret message or whatever it may be on GameFAQs.

sikkinixx

Iron_Scimitar said:

I've got the same laptop. It's nice. I find Vista runs smoother than XP, if you upgrade the RAM at least, and you get another ~30 minutes out of the battery. So if you have a copy of Vista laying about, try giving it a shot.

JEKKI said:
niiiiiiiice~!!!

I wanted to pick up the Baloon Fight shirt...

but like I said earlier, the exchange rate isnt good.

that and it's the 14th day of the month... and I havent spent ANY money!! (except food and important stuff)

it's a beautiful thing, I kinda wanna maintain it.

Thanks and I know what you mean. :)

But when I got an e-mail from KOG last week saying that they were going to reprint them and that they were going on sale on the 10th - had to jump on it even with the crappy exchange rate. I'll probably pick up 'The Sharks' t-shirt when I have more cash.

A few blu-ray's;

Photo0255.jpg

I swear, nature documentaries are the genre blu-ray was made for, they just look so goddamn astounding. I wasn't expecting to be wowed like I was when I first saw Planet Earth in HD, but I popped in Wild China and it looks just as stunning.

MrFortyFive

After going to some flea markets and used game stores I found quite a bit more.

dscf0029.jpg

They were four for ten dollars except for Mario is Missing and Mega Man 2. There are some crap games in there but a few good ones that more than make up for it

dscf0030.jpg

Ratchet and Black were on clearance for only $5. Really enjoying Ratchet so far. The combat is great and writing is as good as it ever was.

dscf0032.jpg

I found Mega Man 5 a couple weeks ago and I'm hooked. I tried the Mega Man collection on the GC but the NES controllers just seem so much better for it to me.

dscf0033.jpg

A few odds and ends from the last trip. I had never heard of King's Knight but since it was by square and came with the box and manual for only $3 I had to try it.

Cravis

Mr.FortyFive said:
dscf0033.jpg

A few odds and ends from the last trip. I had never heard of King's Knight but since it was by square and came with the box and manual for only $3 I had to try it.
You located in Charlotte, NC FortyFive?

Cravis

Mr.FortyFive said:
Yeah, How'd you know?
I thought I recognized the King's Knight and Bible Adventures from Play N Trade :lol It's not everyday you see Bible Adventures too haha. Sweet pick ups. Glad to see another old school gamer like myself.

Gagaman

First purchases of the year! Got them all from Zavvi's 20% off clear out:

24ennug.jpg

I've officially been bit by the Blu-ray bug. I have another 6 Blu-ray's in the post now from Amazon.

Some more cheap retro imports. Ordered these in December, showed up first week of this month.

2cem6o6.jpg

And after a long wait this finally arrived..

23i9bgm.jpg

29xwzzo.jpg

2yy17a8.jpg

Back of the T-shirt:

mijfp1.jpg

I've been after this set for years, finally got it for a reasonable price. :D

MrFortyFive

Cravis said:
I thought I recognized the King's Knight and Bible Adventures from Play N Trade :lol It's not everyday you see Bible Adventures too haha. Sweet pick ups. Glad to see another old school gamer like myself.

Haha, Nicely done. Sadly, now that I'm back at school I don't have an NES to play them. It'll be a couple weeks before I can dig into those bible adventures. So do you work there or just a frequent customer?

suikodan

jan2009.jpg

Bought a Sony Bravia KDL-46Z4100 on Sunday and got it today.

I wanted 1080p for use with the PC so that I can justify my powerful PC. I'm usually sitting right next to the TV but I prefer my gaming in a couch and with a big screen. :lol

EDIT: My setup (speakers, wires, etc...) is a mess, I know. I'm moving soon where I'll get a proper setup for all of this.

10olldh.png

It had to be done (I got the iPhone, not a random application you canna see! and it is my picture, just took a screenie of the desktop), will take pics later when I found my camera

Cravis

Mr.FortyFive said:
Haha, Nicely done. Sadly, now that I'm back at school I don't have an NES to play them. It'll be a couple weeks before I can dig into those bible adventures. So do you work there or just a frequent customer?
Just a frequent customer. I pop in there once every couple of weeks to see if they got anything new. I've mostly been collecting Genesis games lately and that one always seems to have the better selection out of the Charlotte Play N Trades.

Top Bottom