• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

KaosAngel

Banned
photo-1.jpg

Kuro Plasma TV, 7.1 Reciever, 7 speakers, 1 subwoofer, and a new white Dual Shock 3. I got a few other stuff too...will post later.

EDIT: I bought these for my parents, I'm currently at my parent's house in the States so I figure I'd treat them to a late Christmas gift. XD

JEKKI

saw this today, copped it:

2yjy0jp.jpg

damn tho, $7 for a magazine?!?!?! They useta give out HCG for free at the arcade!!

but that's only coz the guy who worked there was a writer lol

Posted pics in the SFIV thread, but here's the stuff I got from the SFC that went down tonight in San Francisco:

IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

...And the rest of my pick-ups:
IMG_0461.jpg

* My Japanese Coach was from the Amazon Deal of the Day earlier this week

IMG_0462.jpg

* Basically a big coffee table book that features lots of drawings from Dave Gibbons and some insight into how Watchmen came to be

More pics from the book:
IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0466-1.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0469-1.jpg

Oh - and this is for you MarkMan! Can't wait to get one of them:
IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

Ashour

El-Suave said:
Game related merchandise I picked up recently (the patriotic snapshot in the background is from a US vacation a few years ago; it was the only shelfspace I had to group them together for a photo):
29psuu0.jpg

Where did you get that Patapon? I've been looking for any Patapon related merchandise but found only a shirt (which I bought :D , I'll upload the pics later).

The Valkyria figure is excellent too, I found it on E-bay but it's a bit expensive.

nny said:
First big pick-up of the year: new TV!

DSC04113-1.jpg

)

Very nice; how much was that "reasonable price", if I may ask?

for a second there I thought that was his reaction on finding out that sega is port the ps2 yakuza games on wii...

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Arrived from Amazon UK this morning:

2dqty5u.jpg
md0fpz.jpg

23u4m80.jpg
29zigi.jpg

27ybfp4.jpg

21 discs and check out that runtime! 33 hours of Hammer goodness.
rock2.gif

From YesAsia and Paperback Swap, respectively:

vmzxw1.jpg
2jcemc6.jpg

T-shirt from Warlord, vest from Urban Outfitters and a tie from a local shop:

2d733m.jpg
1038lzp.jpg
akz8le.jpg

MarkMan said:
So how was the reception on the sticks?

I must know!

They didn't have a lot of them on the floor, but that being said, the overall reception on the sticks was pretty positive.

I must admit though, when I first went to try it, I think I spent like 5 minutes trying to find the 'Start' button. :lol But other than that, me wants really badly right now. :D

DJ GT-S

Banned
Not really a GET!, but more like I got a pair of wire cutters and went on a LED rampage in the Antec.

2n1hlol.jpg

Much better now.

Goidil

2jbmzis.jpg

Just bought the Xbox system with bunch of games. I love Kung Fu Chaos...

29emb0x.jpg

Tales of Eternia stole my time. Amazing game, amizing graphic and amizing soundtrack.
Finally also Millenium Actress came to Italy, after 6 years!

Goidil

I played it just two times and I found it very enjoyable. Half arcade, half simulation, is a great racing game.

rykomatsu

Got back from Japan...picked up quite a bit of stuff to keep me occupied until my next winter visit to the family over there...

Bought the stick last year, but finally picked it up in dec/jan. Customs destroyed the box, though...so fucking pissed about that. Picked up ToV for dirt cheap, used

CRW_4491.jpg

CRW_4492.jpg

CRW_4493.jpg

Went to Comic Market 75 to pick up the music CD's by Shikata Akiko (vocalist for Ar Tonelico I/II) has an amazing voice and is extremely talented :)

Lots of manga (120+, some not pictured here) both used and new...ran on average around 250yen per volume...some as low as 105yen (~$1USD) though Hidamari Sketch ran pretty high at 850yen+/volume :(
CRW_4494.jpg

CRW_4495.jpg

CRW_4496.jpg

CRW_4497.jpg

CRW_4498.jpg

CRW_4499.jpg

CRW_4500.jpg

Google

McBacon said:
Oh man, I need that fricking book.

Not that I want to put you off, but I was a little disappointed in amount of time spent on the classic adventure games. Star Wars and Indy makes up almost half of the book, whereas I would have much preferred more interviews/stories/art/images from the adventure games and nothing else.

I've yet to really delve into the Star Wars stuff, but it covers everything from X-Wing to ObiWan to Force Unleashed.

I'm sure I'll get value out of the X-Wing/Tie Fighter stuff, but yeah...

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Google said:
Not that I want to put you off, but I was a little disappointed in amount of time spent on the classic adventure games. Star Wars and Indy makes up almost half of the book, whereas I would have much preferred more interviews/stories/art/images from the adventure games and nothing else.

I've yet to really delve into the Star Wars stuff, but it covers everything from X-Wing to ObiWan to Force Unleashed.

I'm sure I'll get value out of the X-Wing/Tie Fighter stuff, but yeah...

Thats a shame, I don't even like Star Wars :(

Ah well, I'll wait for the price to come down then!

Picked up a new pair of shoes. Last one i bought was 2 years ago :lol

DSC00210.jpg

Finally picked this up. Just gearing up for Uncharted 2.
DSC00207.jpg

Picked up a new watch. was too lazy to replace batteries on other one :lol

DSC00209.jpg

B.K.

100_1160.jpg

I got a Wavebird and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn today. I was only planning to get the Wavebird, but I saw Fire Emblem on the shelf for just $10. That was too good of a deal to pass up.

B.K. said:
100_1160.jpg

I got a Wavebird and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn today. I was only planning to get the Wavebird, but I saw Fire Emblem on the shelf for just $10. That was too good of a deal to pass up.
Damn, that's a good deal. Where did you get the Wavebird?

JEKKI said:
saw this today, copped it:

2yjy0jp.jpg

damn tho, $7 for a magazine?!?!?! They useta give out HCG for free at the arcade!!

but that's only coz the guy who worked there was a writer lol

Is this magazine worthy of replacing my EGM subscription? I've done a little research and it's quarterly now, which kind of sucks. But I dunno. It's between this and game informer.

JEKKI

GAZERK said:
Is this magazine worthy of replacing my EGM subscription? I've done a little research and it's quarterly now, which kind of sucks. But I dunno. It's between this and game informer.
it's a good magazine, but it's a lot more cute than serious so it definitely isnt EGM.

u can download all the issues on PDF file on their website tho, if u wanted to preview.

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
HARDCORE GAMER MAGAZINE = <3

;)

---

New stuff!

3205212921_b3920346d3_b.jpg

Got another 360 and copy of L4D so my brother and I can play on XBL at the same time lol.

rykomatsu

Strider2K99 said:
I was always under the impression you lived in Japan.

Depends on the company I work for. Current company doesn't have plans to expand to Japan so I'm only spending a month in Spring and Winter each atm.

Previous company I worked for had me there for about half of the year and the other half in the US.

Cosmic Bus, love that tie and vest!

Anyway, here's my pick-ups for the month.

001.jpg

The Orange Box, Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Ninja Five-O, Super Puzzle Fighter II, Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword, Game & Watch Collection from Club Nintendo

002.jpg

Domo plushie, Aerith Final Fantasy VII Play Arts Figure

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
kitchenmotors said:
´
002.jpg

Domo plushie, Aerith Final Fantasy VII Play Arts Figure
How much? And from where?

Top Bottom