• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Alex: How much do those special demo discs run, and where can I get em?

I hope its online somewhere lol.

cvxfreak

I don't know where they are online to be honest. My friend bid on it and won them for me.

I really only want the White Disc because of Biohazard 5. If you want the Red Disc I can sell it to you for a pretty darn good price. :)

Cdammen

3188463574_541fea3249_o.jpg

3188464012_ef5c6a0a29_o.jpg

- Nintendo Entertainment System
- Two controllers
- One Zapper
- An Nintendo original box for storing games, pads and cables
- One Game Genie
- Nine games

And I've also won Faxandu and Startropics, they'll be coming tuseday.

3188463782_2692b71e5c_o.jpg

Finished Duck Tales. Took me 15 minutes, it's easy as hell if you know where to go. Nostalgia~!!! :D

bPod

^That's a great pick-up, I have one but it won't work on my tv.

I remember the Batman game that I couldn't beat. Annoying as HELL!

Cdammen

bPod said:
I remember the Batman game that I couldn't beat. Annoying as HELL!
Yeah, ditto. I managed to get quite far into the game but the level design is horrendous and Batman moves like a tank. It's beatiful though, and has some really nice music :lol

Shawn128

Auron_Kale said:
Mini pick-up from yesterday:

IMG_0373.jpg

Hey I got that not too long ago myself :)

Been playin a bunch of Team Fortress 2 online. My gamertag is Shawn128 if you ever want to get a few rounds going.

Zophar

Said goodbye to a couple of PS3/360 games and hello to these:
2dkgtw5.jpg

Total cost: $2.61

(upper left corner is Raiden Trad)

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
qoc5c3.jpg
sqqoax.jpg

2rdxlra.jpg
n2esld.jpg

6qwawx.jpg
2heev41.jpg

The PSN games all came from a trade except for Lumines (which I regret buying since I really don't like the game).

Kobiekun

NeoGeo.jpg

Neo-Geo AES - US model with in complete in box with styrofoam, baggies, twisty ties, etc. I've wanted one of these things for 15+ years. The picture doesn't do it justice. There is not a scuff or scratch on the console or the controller. I also picked up a controller extension cord, a memory card, and a copy of the Japanese release of Samurai Showdown II (真サムライスピリッツ 覇王丸地獄変):

SamuraiSpirits2.jpg

(I scanned it - this is NOT a google image).

Last but not least, an S-Video cable for my SNES/N64. Going to be playing Super Metroid for the first time soon...
SNES_SVideo.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Neo-fucking-Geo man, holy crap.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Zophar said:
2dkgtw5.jpg

Fuck yes! I played just about every single one of those games growing up, and they are all awesome. Current-gen games can't compare.

dankir

Light month. Prepping for the onslaught in the coming weeks

IMG_4637.jpg

Kickass Klipsch 12" 300W RMS Sub, this thing is fucking awesome its a total monster!

IMG_4636.jpg

Pre ordered the SFIV TE Madcatz Stick and SFIV Collectors Edition, RE5 Collectors Edition and Killzone 2 Collectors Edition. Good times coming up :)

SuperJ Last but not least said:
S-Video cable for my SNES/N64[/B]. Going to be playing Super Metroid for the first time soon...
SNES_SVideo.jpg

Rejoice in the awesomeness that you are about to behold. SM is the best game in the series...such a masterpiece.

Mik2121

I picked up this today:

Picture21.jpg

Monster Hunter Illustrations (around 400 pages) and Devil's Material Collection (168 pages).

Picture22.jpg

A random page on Devil's Material Collection.

Picture23.jpg

The Monster Hunter pack comes with two books. One with color and around 300 pages, and one monochrome with around 100 pages.

Picture24.jpg

A random page on Monster Hunter Illustrations (color book)

EDIT - Holy shit, the pictures quality is HORRIBLE. I will take better pics later.

HAOHMARU

SuperJ said:
http://aubain.net/Images/VideoGames/GOTM/200901/NeoGeo.jpg

Neo-Geo AES - US model with in complete in box with styrofoam, baggies, twisty ties, etc. I've wanted one of these things for 15+ years. The picture doesn't do it justice. There is not a scuff or scratch on the console or the controller. I also picked up a controller extension cord, a memory card, and a copy of the Japanese release of Samurai Showdown II (真サムライスピリッツ 覇王丸地獄変):

http://aubain.net/Images/VideoGames/GOTM/200901/SamuraiSpirits2.jpg
(I scanned it - this is NOT a google image).

Wow...great pickup. Enjoy SSII. If you don't mind me asking, where and how much did you get the system and game for? I'm a huge SNK fan but have never owned one of their consoles. I've only had oppurtunites to play at the arcade and on other consoles they have released games on.

El-Suave

Game related merchandise I picked up recently (the patriotic snapshot in the background is from a US vacation a few years ago; it was the only shelfspace I had to group them together for a photo):
29psuu0.jpg

Kobiekun

HAOHMARU said:
Wow...great pickup. Enjoy SSII. If you don't mind me asking, where and how much did you get the system and game for? I'm a huge SNK fan but have never owned one of their consoles. I've only had oppurtunites to play at the arcade and on other consoles they have released games on.

I got all of the Neo Geo stuff in one auction on Ebay. I waited a few weeks for just the right one (NM, boxed complete, US AES), which also gave me time to see what the price ranges were. When this auction appeared, as luck would have it it was Buy It Now for $324.99.

PICT0060.jpg

Thats about it for Jan I think.

Picked up Battlefield because of the recent sales. Lair and Gundam were also heavily discounted at Sears.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Infinitemadness said:
I have to say, I think this is the best "piece" in my collection now.

Mine is currently sitting at the UPS depot. Fuck you and your un-doorbell-ringing ways, UPS man.

Gagaman

Zophar said:
2dkgtw5.jpg

Bargain of the year so far in this thread! That's an amazing selection of Mega Drive greatness (well except for Greendog anyway). Just for Gunstar or Ranger-X alone that would have been a steal.

ithorien

Minotauro said:
Mine is currently sitting at the UPS depot. Fuck you and your un-doorbell-ringing ways, UPS man.

If a genie popped up right now and gave me three wishes, one of them would be to completely wipe the earth of any trace of UPS. I curse the day Newegg stopped being FedEx exclusive.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
ithorien said:
If a genie popped up right now and gave me three wishes, one of them would be to completely wipe the earth of any trace of UPS. I curse the day Newegg stopped being FedEx exclusive.

In this day and age, it's inexcusable to use anything but USPS Priority Mail. Truly.

And, I worked from home today just so I'd be here to sign for my package. I don't know how the motherfucker even got the UPS post-it on my doorway without me hearing it. He must've been some sort of ninja.

ithorien

Minotauro said:
In this day and age, it's inexcusable to use anything but USPS Priority Mail. Truly.

And, I worked from home today just so I'd be here to sign for my package. I don't know how the motherfucker even got the UPS post-it on my doorway without me hearing it. He must've been some sort of ninja.

I've just come to the realization that most of them just don't care. Whatever tactic that may employ, they just don't care.

But I gotta tell you, the USPS has been very disappointing lately as well. Even before the holidays, they've been slacking noticeably, at least the one by me. Things that used to take 2-3 days now take 5-7.

Tenbatsu

Mik2121 said:
I picked up this today:The Monster Hunter pack comes with two books. One with color and around 300 pages, and one monochrome with around 100 pages.

Picture24.jpg

A random page on Monster Hunter Illustrations (color book)

EDIT - Holy shit, the pictures quality is HORRIBLE. I will take better pics later.
I have that Monster Hunter Illustrations, good shit.

Bluth54

I haven't posted in awhile, so these are most of my gifts and purchases over the last 2 months or so.
Purchases041Medium.jpg

The top row has a bunch of cheap DVDs from Family Video along with the Wii game Excite Truck. A bunch of Mystery Science Theater DVDs, Doctor Horrible's Sing Along Blog, some Batman graphic novels, both Lost and Doctor Who season 4.
Of course I forgot to include my Dark Knight DVD. If I remember I'll toss it into the next photo, along with the Two Face coin that came with it.

Purchases039Medium.jpg

A Batman figurine and a Little Sister (Bioshock) figurine.

Purchases040Medium.jpg

Another Batman. Thanks to CheapAssGamer member blueweltall for selling it to me.

Kagami

Kai Ozu said:
Oh wow...
I guess I shouldn't be surprised Kai Ozu would pick this up. :)
I've heard mixed opinions on it but haven't read any in-depth comparisons with DVD releases. I know there's not as much detail to extract out of 16mm film as there is with 35mm, but I'm curious whether there are any scenes with compression noise on the DVDs (opening animation, explosions, starfields, whatever) that look clean on the BDs. (Actually, is the OP 35mm?)

Top Bottom