• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

FallenCow

Neo Member
Already spent more than I should have this month...
DSCF1154.jpg

DSCF1155.jpg

DSCF1140.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I always wanted to own a bike which is a big no no around here.

Looks like the stuff will be hitting in late Feb. It'll be crazy then. :lol

So good.
2z85j6g.jpg

MrFortyFive

Cravis said:
Just a frequent customer. I pop in there once every couple of weeks to see if they got anything new. I've mostly been collecting Genesis games lately and that one always seems to have the better selection out of the Charlotte Play N Trades.

I've noticed that too. When I go there, it's not a matter of finding something good, but deciding how much you want to spend. I almost never find much at the other ones.

nny

First big pick-up of the year: new TV!

DSC04113-1.jpg

)

Gagaman said:
29xwzzo.jpg

I've been after this set for years, finally got it for a reasonable price. :D

Very nice; how much was that "reasonable price", if I may ask?

Gagaman

nny said:
Very nice; how much was that "reasonable price", if I may ask?
£50 + £15 shipping. By "reasonable" I guess I mean "not outbid by someone for it". I normally see it go for at least £20-30 more than that.

nny

Gagaman said:
£50 + £15 shipping. By "reasonable" I guess I mean "not outbid by someone for it". I normally see it go for at least £20-30 more than that.

That's actually not too bad; congrats (and I hope someday to get my hands on one of those too P)

sikkinixx said:
I've got the same laptop. It's nice. I find Vista runs smoother than XP, if you upgrade the RAM at least, and you get another ~30 minutes out of the battery. So if you have a copy of Vista laying about, try giving it a shot.

I happen to have Vista Ultimate right beside me...I thought about installing it but i was worried about it slowing down. I guess i'll give it a shot. I have a 1gb stick enroute from Newegg right now. How hard was it to pry the shell off?

Leonsito

Fallout-NL said:
Where?

My shitty World Tour guitar is busted and I want a new guitar to go with my RBII purchase.

Bought it in Spain, it's an offer in a couple of retail stores (Saturn and MediaMarkt).

unfortunately i am currently without a camera (that comes in soon) but i picked up yakuza for ps2 and the nyko charging station for wiimotes. i'm pretty excited about the charging station.

LiK

xS1TH L0RDx said:
unfortunately i am currently without a camera (that comes in soon) but i picked up yakuza for ps2 and the nyko charging station for wiimotes. i'm pretty excited about the charging station.

no need for pics. that is an automatic win

LiK said:
no need for pics. that is an automatic win

yeah i watched a buddy play a little bit of it and it looked pretty fun, plus i found it for 30 bucks so i said why not. i'll probably start it sunday since i have the day off, i'm looking forward to it.

DJ GT-S

Banned
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF this is ending up as a huge month for me!

I just finished transplanting my system into a Antec Nine Hundred

2s9ytxk.jpg

alba

Little is the new Big
Fallout-NL said:
Where?

My shitty World Tour guitar is busted and I want a new guitar to go with my RBII purchase.

haha, the exact same problem as me, luckly I had it for only a week so i'm getting a new box but I'm gonna go to mediamarkt today see if i can find GH3 for cheap aswell :)

alba said:
haha, the exact same problem as me, luckly I had it for only a week so i'm getting a new box but I'm gonna go to mediamarkt today see if i can find GH3 for cheap aswell :)

Yeah, the only problem is that I bought my GH:WT at a Best Buy in Baltimore when I was visiting for Christmas. So I can't take it back to a Dutch store. All the warranty sites tell me they don't provide assistance for the Netherlands. So... I'm pretty much SOL.

Cravis

Mr.FortyFive said:
I've noticed that too. When I go there, it's not a matter of finding something good, but deciding how much you want to spend. I almost never find much at the other ones.
I've stopped wasting time to go to the other ones. I need to check out the University Plaza one. That just opened the past month. Not sure how big their selection would be but it's worth a shot. I know the same guy owns that one, the South Blvd, and Ballantyne stores.

You know of any other good places to get older games around here? Goodwill Electronics off Wilkinson has some from time to time. I check out the Barnyard Flea Market in Pineville every now and again and get lucky. Most of the Pawn Shops have stopped carrying older games I've noticed.

alba

Little is the new Big
Fallout-NL said:
Yeah, the only problem is that I bought my GH:WT at a Best Buy in Baltimore when I was visiting for Christmas. So I can't take it back to a Dutch store. All the warranty sites tell me they don't provide assistance for the Netherlands. So... I'm pretty much SOL.

I got the same problem with my psp which i bought from hong-kong and i can't install CFW :(
I'm gonna go to mediamarkt tomorrow hope i can find a gh3 pack for ps3 :)

[Nintex]

What's Siegfried doing on the HD 4850 box?:lol

Reminds me of my Geforce 6800GS box with a character on it that looked just like the Prince of Persia.

Wired

I think it's supposed to be a chick, but whatever. I wonder if anyone actually picks a card based on the cover art?

Bii said:
Awesome. I got the red shirt back in August 08.

2725724451_270e54aaaa_o.jpg

Flip the shirt inside out and you'll see a little surprise. :D

I saw it after I took off the shirt and was refolding it. :D

It's pretty much the reason why I love the King of Games' stuff (even though all I have is the Mother 3 shirt and the Zelda 20th anniversary hoodie) because they have little details all over the place and the quality of the stuff is excellent. Despite the crappy exchange rate, I'll probably be picking up another shirt or two from them.

MrFortyFive

Cravis said:
I've stopped wasting time to go to the other ones. I need to check out the University Plaza one. That just opened the past month. Not sure how big their selection would be but it's worth a shot. I know the same guy owns that one, the South Blvd, and Ballantyne stores.

You know of any other good places to get older games around here? Goodwill Electronics off Wilkinson has some from time to time. I check out the Barnyard Flea Market in Pineville every now and again and get lucky. Most of the Pawn Shops have stopped carrying older games I've noticed.

The Barnyard Flea Market is the only other place I regularly go to get older games in Charlotte. Although I did go to the union star flea market on independence for the first time in four or five years. There was a really good vendor in one of the buildings. The picture I posted in this thread with something like 15 NES games were all ones I got from him, and in total those games cost me about $60. It was a really nice deal. Other than that there really aren't any great places in Charlotte to get old games that I know of.

jergrah

Picked up a few minutes ago on my lunch break - sorry for the crappy iPhone pic and the reflection from the building across the street

1843970.jpg

Edit: Apparently cant image tag from twitpic

Top Bottom