• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

muis5w.jpg

Just picked up Left 4 Dead at circuit city for 39.89. Activated on steam.

First product of Personal Trainer: Cooking:

3207872688_ca73a18140_b.jpg

3207030687_af6f136daf_b.jpg

3207879428_19e57a7669_b.jpg

Udon (I know, pretty easy, but I was proud of it. :) )

Also got these:

3207883106_935acd4161_b.jpg

Personal Trainer: Math, and 12+1 Month Xbox Live from Buy.com. :)

Polk said:
S5003284.JPG

Samsung LE32A756 for my bedroom.

Ok, that annoys the HELL out of me. Why the hell do you people leave those ridiculous floor model stickers on your TVs?

Half the time they obscure the screen anyway.

Makes no sense at all.

Quake1028

jecclr2003 said:
Ok, that annoys the HELL out of me. Why the hell do you people leave those ridiculous floor model stickers on your TVs?

Half the time they obscure the screen anyway.

Makes no sense at all.

Uhh, he already responded he took them off.

kuYuri

rykomatsu said:
Depends on the company I work for. Current company doesn't have plans to expand to Japan so I'm only spending a month in Spring and Winter each atm.

Previous company I worked for had me there for about half of the year and the other half in the US.

Ah, ok.

JEKKI

pickkup time!! I jus finished this:

33a4cwp.jpg

2gybvk8.jpg

2zqdmhc.jpg

bipi6h.jpg

I also got 1600 MS Points from Circus City for 20% off + tax.

gotta get dat Braid!!

Mattlikewhoa said:
Small pickup... I had some gift cards that I never used yet...

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f327/trickyab/DSC08011.jpg[/IMG]

Have fun getting that sticker off of the Pineapple Express case. I eventually got it off but I had to use some pretty strong chemicals I had around the house.

billy.sea

Banned
Finally got Wii Fit. And buying Asian version of 360 games is cheap as hell. They are about 1/2 the price of US version. Just make sure they are compatible with the US 360 are you are good to go.

3208616892_a30ac1f6ef.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
UC1 said:
What kind of PCB is that? It's not from one of those weird looking Madcatz sticks is it? :lol

It is... probably the best PCB to use for custom 360 sticks ;)

AIAB sticks use MC PCBs too ;)

CPS2

MarkMan said:
It is... probably the best PCB to use for custom 360 sticks ;)

AIAB sticks use MC PCBs too ;)

I wasn't knocking the quality or anything, it's just that they have to be the weirdest looking controllers I've ever seen =p I might get one myself for modding.

Just purchased a 5020FD Kuro today from Best Buy and finally will have my camera back from my girlfriend next month because she doesn't really use it. I will have major pic-age coming in February :D

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
UC1 said:
I wasn't knocking the quality or anything, it's just that they have to be the weirdest looking controllers I've ever seen =p I might get one myself for modding.

Oh yea I agree. I knew you weren't knocking it for quality...

But you know you want to use it for SF4 ;)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
3208733606_54bde2897b_o.jpg

3207887277_5e6f32c0b9_o.jpg

Trying to expand my PS2 collection...
ZoE2 for $19.99... couldn't pass it up! Mint condition too.
3208733782_51017db325_o.jpg

...For this.
Put together a shelf for my stuff. Here's a good portion of my games... some stuff is still in storage though D: ...
3208733930_f9c7e2aa66_o.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Biggest purchase of the year.
I literally just had them delivered like an hour ago. Two new puppies. :D They cost over 1k each but since my dad's friend breeds them, I got both of them for $500. I still haven't given them a name yet.

It's so cool because I never had a dog since I was around six.
2cmujv5.jpg

TwIsTeD

Been away on trips so i decided to just put my 09 purchases together quickly (man it adds up quick)

24oodqd.jpg

Upgraded my sprint account to a cheap htc touch diamond ($145 thanks MS Cashback :D )
1tb for $75 after rz certificates, ngII and CC RA3 for $10 each (i think i spend too much at BB) Bad Company was $20, just grabbed the HD-DVD drive for $15 from CC closeout in DC (ymmv mine at home are still $50) and the best pickup was all the free crap from the MSDN conference in DC (great time, great people)

2ci9wrd.jpg

random Blockbuster/Gamefly/Best Buy pickups (i think everything in this pic came to $35 after everything)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
DW6, you don't see that every day!

inner-G

Banned
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

and the best of them all... a 22" Samsung TV for my room that I'm using as a monitor too. It runs @ 1680 x 1050, and it looks hella nice :D

4.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WOW. YOU REALLY DO SEE DQ6 EVERYDAY :lol

Nice work, JEKKI!

I've still got to get a headset adapter on mine.

And you need to accept my friend request so we can play SF4 or somethin!

Kagari said:
...For this.
Put together a shelf for my stuff. Here's a good portion of my games... some stuff is still in storage though D: ...
3208733930_f9c7e2aa66_o.jpg

Bah, you got me all confused, I was trying to figure out why your Doublejump guides were so tall till I realized they were next to PSP games.

ZerotypeX

Kagari and iconoclast, where can I get a shelf like that?

DSC04458.jpg

First RROD on Oct 3, 2008

DSC04478.jpg

Picked up a Arcade from GS promo where you trade in your ps2 and 4 other games for $100 credit towards a new console. Also picked up Oblivion and guitar strings from Target

DSC04480.jpg

Got from Circuit City with the free 1600 MS point card. Other copy was for a friend's Birthday/X-mas present

DSC04512.jpg

Coming to America + Trading Places double pack when Best Buy was having a sale. Actually, all the movies are from Best Buy, lol. The DVDs were from black friday.

DSC04514.jpg

P4 and the Tommy cologne were X-mas gifts and the other 2 games and pro duo stick were from black friday

DSC04516.jpg

The 3 360 games were from GS's B2G1 promo, WoW was a gift from a friend, Magic cards, and an alright keyboard.

DSC04521.jpg

And finally, a Woot shirt

Not Pictured:
Dig Dug XLA
Guitar Hero World Tour guitar bundle
Rock Band DLC
MS points
Mononucleosis
Dozens of Gatorade/Powerade (so many bottles in my room, yikes!)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I forgot... Did I post this here yet?

best-of-ces-2009-awards-20090115113110906.jpg

(yea yea, I know it's not a real pic, but its not like there is a real pic of it lol)...

Very special pick-up for me!

---

via http://gear.ign.com/articles/945/945296p2.html

IGN.COM said:
Best Gaming Accessory

Mad Catz Tournament Edition FightStick

As one of the most hotly anticipated titles of this year, Street Fighter IV has ushered in a whole new wave of accessory and branding opportunities. It's no wonder that, of the vast plethora of gaming accessories on display at Consumer Electronics Show this year, our choice was a pairing of high-performance game controller and beautiful, officially licensed art from Street Fighter IV. Mad Catz's officially licensed Tournament Edition FightStick is a premium fighting stick that brings old-school arcade gaming to current-generation game systems.

best-of-ces-2009-awards-20090115113135998.jpg

The Tournament Edition FightStick is one of two Street Fighter IV fighting sticks introduced this year by Mad Catz. What sets the Tournament Edition FightStick apart from its sibling, the Standard FightStick, and competitors is its premium components from renowned Japanese arcade manufacturer, Sanwa Denshi. The Tournament Edition FightStick is for Street Fighter enthusiasts of all walks of life, however, it does come with a hearty price tag of $149.99. All the same, the Tournament Edition FightStick from Mad Catz is one of the most promising arcade sticks that we've had an opportunity to lay our hands on.

Click here for more on the Mad Catz Tournament Edition FightStick.

Top Bottom