• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
004.JPG

Yes, my name is Karim, and yes this totally made my 2010 thus far.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
AgentOtaku said:
Where did you get the controller?

How is it?
It's Rocketfish so it must be Best Buy (or Best Buy-owned Future Shop in Canada).. it's their brand. They usually make good stuff too.

It looks surprisingly decent.. the buttons look real... and wireless?? A wavebird knockoff is so needed in this age of scarcity... what's with the octagon edges though??

AgentOtaku said:
Where did you get the controller?

How is it?

It's a Rocketfish that I picked up from Best Buy for $20.99, works very well. I have yet to notice any sort of lag.

Had a little trouble out of the box with synching to the receiver, but after doing a manual sync by pressing a paperclip size button on the back of the controller it worked just fine. Feels great in the hands, though I can't say that I have ever really gotten used to how a GC controller feels, hehe

Highly suggest it

Wii CC Pro
Club Nintendo Mario GC controller
250uzwo.jpg

Club Nintendo Luigi controller
Club Nintendo Wario controller
11ljwr9.jpg

Dream Theater - Chaos In Motion
Yes - Live in Philadelphia 1979
o6wx.jpg

A Boy And His Blob (new but opened before pic)
Kirby Dream Land 2 (got the box/manuals a while ago, but only got the cart now)
2hxac2g.jpg

Goemon 1 N64
Goemon 2 N64 (box in meh condition)
e6de3a.jpg

Banpresto Super Mario Galaxy Vol. 1 x6
Super Mario Vol. 2 Soft Keyring (set of 6)
259x0xz.jpg

vid

I've been following this thread for entirely too long... time to make my first contribution.

The Dark Spire is actually a Christmas pick up, but it's definitely a great one. Game is kicking my ass, though. Just a few days after getting it, I've already put a few good hours in Dragon Ball, and it's good simple fun. Hopefully the second makes it over to the US.
01-20-2010-01.jpg

Two other pick ups from the end of December. The Otacon figure my old roommate got me years ago finally has a Snake pal to help out. Meanwhile, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is a pretty wonderful movie, and I definitely approve of the "customization" that my friend did to the box...
01-20-2010-02.jpg

I won't lie, this is pretty much the reason I bought The Beatles: Rock Band, it just took me a couple of months to actually bother to get it.
01-20-2010-03.jpg

First time that I'm playing through SOTN. Love the game, but wish I hadn't discovered that the Xbox Live Arcade version of the game is the single worst version. Oh well, still having a blast with it.
01-20-2010-04.jpg

Mulberry

BeeDog said:
Sorry for the extremely crappy phone pic, but my digi camera is dead so...:

xqkebp.jpg

Found this in a discount bin today so couldn't resist. :D Figured I actually have to finish this game this decade instead of playing a friend's copy and then giving up before even leaving the first dungeon.

thats an amazing game and an amazing find.

3 threadless t-shirts, grabbed them at Christmas sale for discount shipping to Europe. Post Office sure took their time (ordered Dec. 18th). Plus three books from my gf, were meant to be Christmas present.

Also picked this gem for 9.99GBP:

29549sl.jpg

My best pick ups of 2009!

HP Mini 2140 with Windows 7 £340
Upgraded PSP from white Japanese 1000 to red British 3000. £40
More DJ MAX PORTABLE (Clazziquai edition) £20
Batman £0, AC2 £0, MW2 £99 (GAME VET EDITION).
SUPER ELITE XBOX £0 to upgrade from Red Elite that died :'(
Gears of War locust munny type thing. Cost around £12, was Xbox present.

Bayonetta is in there, ignore that.. I love her.

Dibbz

vid said:
Two other pick ups from the end of December. The Otacon figure my old roommate got me years ago finally has a Snake pal to help out. Meanwhile, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is a pretty wonderful movie, and I definitely approve of the "customization" that my friend did to the box...
01-20-2010-02.jpg
Cool Snake figure. Got any pics of it out of the box? Also what's that coin at the top?

I just got my MGS3 Snake figure from the same collection.

4290025363_012f6d3951.jpg

4290025367_45713e42f4.jpg

milkham

Iron_Scimitar said:
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_o5e6DCELlVg/S1aakQqm7jI/AAAAAAAAAkU/_kolxynLouQ/s512/004.JPG

how do you get one of those?

MacDee

Neo Member
atheistium said:
29549sl.jpg

My best pick ups of 2009!

HP Mini 2140 with Windows 7 £340
Upgraded PSP from white Japanese 1000 to red British 3000. £40
More DJ MAX PORTABLE (Clazziquai edition) £20
Batman £0, AC2 £0, MW2 £99 (GAME VET EDITION).
SUPER ELITE XBOX £0 to upgrade from Red Elite that died :'(
Gears of War locust munny type thing. Cost around £12, was Xbox present.

Bayonetta is in there, ignore that.. I love her.

Anyone know where this GoW vinyl figure can be found??

DJmizuhara said:
Epic Tier 3 Engineer said:
Do Blu-Rays look good on that?

Yeah, BR's look awesome on the laptop the laptop also has a HDMI port and it again it looks great. The only thing is, the screen isn't full HD 1080P not many laptops have a full HD 1080P screen and if they do they're crazy expensive.
1080 on such a "small" screen?

Diminishing returns, I'd say!

NewFresh

Finally approved to post after almost 7mo
100_1528.jpg

Had to try them after Bombcast talked them up.

100_1526.jpg

100_1525.jpg

Love that UP comes with DVD and Blu-Ray, now my girlfriends parents can watch it.

100_1523.jpg

Filling out my Ex-Machina collection

100_1522.jpg

100_1521.jpg

Story in Gigantic is o.k., but the covers and art are great.

100_1524.jpg

Found it at the bottom of a bargain bin at Walmart, NEW!! for only $2.50.
Now i just need a PS2 :D

UNDERSTAR

Banned
I just picked these up from vip.zappos (they are sooooo fucking fast!!!!:D ) and I'm in luv with them. These are my Mizuno Wave Ronin 2 running shoes. I can't wait to test run these babies, lol!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D
0120001716a.jpg

0120001714.jpg

0120001713b-1.jpg

Fake Edit: Sorry for the dark pics, cell phone camera!
Iron_Scimitar said:
004.JPG

God, I remember turning on to CNN every morning back just to fap to her lol. :lol

Tiny Toons Adventure, one of my favorite cartoon of the 90s. Had the Volume 1, now I wait for the last Volume to be released. + WoW and Zelda love.
jfetmb.jpg

4292007052_8b04cc700d.jpg

My first pick-up post!

Randomly saw that Amazon had Indigo Prophecy for $9 so I grabbed two copies.

Grabbed Dollhouse (never watched the show but heard good things), HOTD and MadWorld on sale on Amazon as well.

Picked-up Silent Hill from Target and LOVED IT! The best Wii game I have played since Zelda: Twilight Princess. Going to play through it again after I get through some of my backlog.

Finally I got Carrier from Goozex. Trying to fill out my DC catalog.

elektrixx

Banned
I got this in the mail today:

january2010pickup7.jpg

Now in Australia we don't have these environment saving cases in circulation yet, but this case comes from the US and IT SUCKS:

IMGP0778.jpg

4291427105_0f5e9f387b.jpg

Forgot to take a picture of this, just got it today and after running it through some tests I can say it blows the Blue Snowball out of the water! The amount of customization is ridiculous from manual gain levels to 4 mic patterns (cardioid, bidirectional, omnidirectional & stereo). Can't wait to do some extended use when I do my podcast this week.

First time posting in this thread. I have a lot of pics ups I want to post but some are from Dec so not gonna post em

These are from this month though

P1200002.jpg

P1200003.jpg

P1200004.jpg

elektrixxx said:
I got this in the mail today:

january2010pickup7.jpg

Now in Australia we don't have these environment saving cases in circulation yet, but this case comes from the US and IT SUCKS:

IMGP0778.jpg
At least your came in a case, mine came in a little cardboard sleeve, lol. Or wait? Did you o_O PAY o_O for this?

elektrixx

Banned
King Chozo said:
At least your came in a case, mine came in a little cardboard sleeve, lol. Or wait? Did you o_O PAY o_O for this?
I paid AU$60! We didn't get the free Van Halen offer. In fact it's not out here yet.

elektrixxx said:
I paid AU$60! We didn't get the free Van Halen offer. In fact it's not out here yet.
Ouchy! Well, at least it's good :) (if you like Van Halen of course, but then again why would you get it if you didn't?) The last batch of songs (on guitar)... they're kind of obscene... I'm not sure how I beat it on expert (they'd probably have been a lot easier if I had a guitar with the slide bar thingy). That's all I'll say about that.

Allan Holdsworth said:
Banpresto Super Mario Galaxy Vol. 1 x6
Super Mario Vol. 2 Soft Keyring (set of 6)
259x0xz.jpg

You know allan holdsworth, you should for sure do a room show on the "show us your gaming setup". I would love to see all your collection! Tons of good stuff there im sure. love the figures you pick up.

deathberry

Neo Member
I bought my launch JP PS3 for $650 about 3 years back, sold it for $218 to a friend of mine two days ago. Bought this the same day for $680.

2q9a1x5.jpg

glaurung

deathberry said:
I bought my launch JP PS3 for $650 about 3 years back, sold it for $218 to a friend of mine two days ago. Bought this the same day for $680.

***FFXIII PS3 LE***

Hot sex in that picture, awesome buy.

Is it me or does the LE box art have a slight green gradient behind Lightning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom