• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

Jet Grind Radio! said:
o8gu9j.jpg
"I fed Turtle Face a WHOLE BAG OF PEANUTS!"

Strike

PC motherboard fried 2 weeks after getting it repaired. Decided to buy a new one instead. Also picked up the Prime Trilogy after hearing that it was going out of print.
DSCN0443.jpg

With that said, barring any other personal misfortunes, I won't be making any more big purchases until Summer.

Enron

Banned
schild said:
For those of you envying the Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10s posted above by Enron, they're on sale at Amazon for 51% off right now ($196.44 from the MSRP of $399.99).

Or you can get them on ebay (which I did) for around $150. In early Dec., the Triple.fi's showed up in the gold box on amazon for $99!!! bucks and a lot of folks on slickdeals and headfi went nuts and bought several to resell. They dumped them on ebay all at once, thus driving the prices on these waaaaaaaay down on the 'bay. 150 bucks for MSRP 399 IEMs, hell yes.

Anemone said:
Enron: How do you like your Triple-Fi's? I was one click away from buying a pair when I picked up a Cowon S9 replacement for my D2, but opted for Shure SE530's instead. I don't know if I regret it or not, but those are some sexy headphones you've got there. I hope you end up loving them. Bad ass box as well.
Also, $200 is a damned fine price for them, schild. If they were that price when I was in the market they would have been snapped up and I would have thrown what I saved into custom molds... On the upside, it looks like Amazon upped the price of the SE530's by $50 since I bought them.

They sound like heaven. In fact, they are ALMOST as awesome as my Beyers (seen in the 1st pic). Compared to the SE530s, I think the triple.fis have a tad more bass, but that's about it. SE530s are probably more comfortable. Triple.fis aren't the most pleasant things to have in your ears, i admit.

FUCK YES!

DSC00159-1.jpg

Kinda disappointed though as I have the JPN version of the first game with its glorious manual and this one is pathetic by comparison :( Still, it's all about the game!

4hbl3q.jpg
2ut3y4x.jpg

3450zd3.jpg
16lwt1v.jpg

2v9usmh.jpg

If you can guess what game the big blurry image is, you're weird. If you can't, it's Alpha Prime. Some random PC game I saw in a bargain bin. Don't know why I bought it, probably shouldn't have.

Metacritic said:
maze, rooms, halls, corridors, mining facilities and shafts deep-space asteroid mining base, assorted robots and automatic systems, Strong story, fast paced shooting action. hacking (robots, manipulators, surveillance cameras, security systems, weapons etc.) dark halls and corridors. If that's not enough, (bullet time) by injecting a small dose of hubbardium.
The highest rated review concludes that "It's a bog-standard shooter...".

So, yeah...looks like I struck gold with this one.

isny said:
Where are the coasters from? They don't seem to be included in that limited set?
Ah no, they are not. They came with Season 8 I ordered from Play.

My guess Play put them in as an extra. I have no problem with that.
30hllkw.jpg

Farore said:
More impression about the phone, please!
I'm impressed by the phone. :D

Just kidding, not just good with doin impressions on stuff. If you ever had a Sony Ericsson phone, it's similar, only now with a touchscreen. It's no Iphone with apps and stuff.

That's ok, no need for it now. I'm happy to browse the internet, watch Youtube movies whilst at work :D

Using the phone as a mp3 player, though it misses various functions you have on a Walkmanphone of the W series. For example MegaBass, equilizer (sp?)

The big prize is offcourse the camera, with it's 12.1 mp. I had a C902 befor this one, so it's a big step up. I haven't tested the phone yet with making pictures on different backgrounds.

Binabik15

9va34z.jpg

2l3qko.jpg

After ordering the hardware in October, my new pc finally arrived at my dad´s office* yesterday and now it´s MINE :D Silly Radeon 5850 being out of stock all the time. Thanks to ordering early and price promises it cost me 215 euro and the seeing how "in stock" cards were AND still are around 300 euro, I at least saved some cash.

The rest is standard, i5 750, 4 gigs DDR3 RAM, Gigabyte UD3, etc to get some serious bang for my buck. All in all it will cost me ~700 euro with Windows 7.

*This has NOTHING to do with tax, okay. I swear.

2rlyvwj.jpg

The stuff ordered this month, still missing inFamous and Mass Effect (one), though :/ And now I need to order a looot of pc games for the rig to pay itself off. Too bad I have most of last years multi-plat stuff already for consoles.

Edit: Damn, my cam sucks at low-light conditions. Curse you snow!

Rich!

Got some great accessories for my wii through today after a couple of weeks of waiting!

A mint condition SNES controller from Ebay, plus a SNES-GameCube/Wii adapter from Retrousb:

riubv7.jpg

I also managed to get a couple of replacement rubber contact sets online to replace the older ones in the controller. After literally a minute's work, I've got a SNES controller, which looks and feels just like a brand new one, which I can use with the Wii's virtual console - for literally half the price of a Classic Controller Super Famicom thing.

I also got this:

14mgi39.jpg

Yeah! Brand new white gamecube controller, with an awesomely long cord. I have a wavebird, and this beats it in every way. It feels nicer to hold than the original controller (different plastic, I'm sure), the buttons are far more responsive, and the sticks are just perfect.

210y6hl.jpg

Thanks, play-asia! Time for a new game on Wind Waker, srsly.

And last but not least, I got a VGA adapter for my wii. Now I can hook it up to my 26" full HD ASUS monitor, and it looks brilliant.

richisawesome said:
And last but not least, I got a VGA adapter for my wii. Now I can hook it up to my 28" full HD ASUS monitor, and it looks brilliant.

Oh wow, I didn't even know you could get a VGA adapter for the Wii, I think I'll have to look into that as any component cables I've got for my Wii haven't agreed with my TV.

Awesome pick ups too btw.

Rich!

randomlyrossy said:
Oh wow, I didn't even know you could get a VGA adapter for the Wii, I think I'll have to look into that as any component cables I've got for my Wii haven't agreed with my TV.

Awesome pick ups too btw.

To be fair, it's just a standard Component > VGA adapter:

6s474x.jpg

You can get specific Wii-VGA adapters, but this was cheaper, and is perfect for myself (I can use it with other stuff, not just the Wii if needs be)

But yay, I can finally play WW again. I just can't remember where the hell I am:

2rx9w6x.jpg

:lol Maybe I should start a new game. Oh, and it's a way sharper image than that IRL, just a bit of camera blur. It's an insanely good screen for the price I paid for it.

Ah, cheers for the info, will definitely have too look into it. Stuff through scart looks horrible on my tv, as a result I haven't played as much of my Wii as I would've otherwise, something like that would definitely help alot.

I've got Twilight Princess waiting to be completed myself, although it's been so long I do fear I'll have the same problem you're having with Wind Waker :lol

Mœbius

Posted this in the stick thread already but may as well add it here too...

Namco Fighting Stick and (in the background of the first pic) Mass Effect 2 Collectors Edition. Both acquired a yesterday.

ac8wah.jpg
im6t5s.jpg

akhmqd.jpg

HUELEN10

richisawesome said:
To be fair, it's just a standard Component > VGA adapter:

6s474x.jpg

You can get specific Wii-VGA adapters, but this was cheaper, and is perfect for myself (I can use it with other stuff, not just the Wii if needs be)

But yay, I can finally play WW again. I just can't remember where the hell I am:

2rx9w6x.jpg

:lol Maybe I should start a new game. Oh, and it's a way sharper image than that IRL, just a bit of camera blur. It's an insanely good screen for the price I paid for it.
WHY are you stretching the image?!?!?!

Let 4:3 be 4:3, please!

Rich!

I could have the image as 4:3.

However, that means whenever I want to play Wind Waker or Twilight Princess, I'll have to get up, use the buttons to access the menu on my monitor, change it to 4:3, and then when I want to switch back to my PS3, I'll have to do the reverse.

And I'm just too damn lazy.

Rich!

We got MAG in at work today, and some guy rented it out. I said 'have you got online? can't play it without!'

'Yeah yeah sure', he said.

An hour later, he was back.

'IT DOESNT WORK'

Netto-kun

The 2x End of Eternity, 2x Ar Tornelico 3, 2x FFXIII soundtrack and KH Birth by Sleep are for friends.

SSL22023-1.jpg

SSL22022.jpg

SSL22021.jpg

SSL22028.jpg

SSL22029.jpg

And lastly:

The taste is uh...yeah.:lol
SSL22027.jpg

ibu

Some older titles. Silent Hill 2 was in practically mint condition which is rare to find with a copy of a game this old, plus the discs are untouched.

Picked up another 360 after my original launch one RROD and finally jumped back in after about 2 1/2 years. The battered box is a result of being chucked in the garage for a month or so.

Picked up some games, Lost Odyssey, Halo ODST, Halo Wars Limited Edition, Mass Effect and Prince of Persia Collectors Edition, saw it in CEX (shitty store I know) for £8 so I grabbed it straight away, also in pretty good condition too.

Finally the PSP GO, this was a Christmas gift from my girlfriend and I also bought a few games for it. Gran Turismo (Free), LittleBigPlanet, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Puzzle Quest, Killzone Liberation, Syphon Filter Logans Shadow and Resistance Retribution (All freebies).

It is an amazing device, now if only they would release Dissidia and Pro Evo 2010 on the PSN.

10r4ieb.jpg

mka2r.jpg

2gtnt6d.jpg

i2nll2.jpg

oaaki8.jpg

MidnightRider said:

I would love to get that... but alas I have so much to play. I may crack and get it after 100% Assassins Creed 2.

6z4rpj.jpg

Canti

Binabik15 said:
Good taste ;) Similarly I had this arrive today:

fy1ym9.jpg

However, my old PSU output is too low so I gotta buy a new one T_T

Some stuff from the last month as I haven't posted in a while-

2lmki2d.jpg

dm72p0.jpg

Hex

Banned
First ever post in here :D

Sam!

2e2l40o.jpg

and this-

(Two quarter pound cheeseburgers, chicken fingers, onion rings, fried potatos, mozzarella sticks, and mac and cheese)

9zylav.jpg

My gf got their breakfast version which was country fried steak , tons of bacon and sausage gravy.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Tenchu Kurenai (Fatal Shadows) Portable for PSP and a new Kensington Ci75m mouse, which allows for both wireless and wired use. Was going to get the Apple Magic Mouse, but read enough complaints about the battery life going to shit too quickly that I didn't bother.

4314608484_f06bc51981_b.jpg

My first pick-up thread post, my pick-up theard cherry has now been popped. Hope I did everything correctly.

Some pick-ups from January and some from Christmas.

2lnx01g.jpg

sv2te8.jpg

2h5ut7c.jpg

Hex

Banned
MidnightRider said:
looks like heart attack city

I want one.

Where is this from?

It is a place called Munchies 420 cafe in Sarasota , Fl.
The person who said that they saw it on Man Vs Food is correct, that is where we saw it too and had to try it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom