• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC_0052.jpg

Nomnomnom I love Janoski's. My third pair (not in the same colorway, though D:).

ErnieMcCracken said:
Some new reading material
4295484221_0b46afa1f3_b.jpg

That's awesome.

I need to pick this up

As a big Lebowski fan you should be able to make the drink a little better.

Fumetsu said:
It is a place called Munchies 420 cafe in Sarasota , Fl.
The person who said that they saw it on Man Vs Food is correct, that is where we saw it too and had to try it

I am the same person.......

heart attack & man vs food

:)

Blutonium

e84uh4.jpg

My mom got a maine coon kitten, and I'm a dog person :lol

But that doesn't change the fact that this is the most awesome critter ever...

ngower

4314889640_0bb2bd2f56_b.jpg

From L to R:

Back:

Kraftwerk - Trans-Europe Express (2009 reprint)
Norah Jones - Chasing Pirates Remix EP
Sonic Youth - Rather Ripped
A Certain Ratio - Flight (Original UK FAC 22 pressing!!!!!!!!)
Tones on Tail - Lions/GO! EP (original red vinyl pressing!)
Kate Bush - Hounds of Love (80's reissue)
Echo and the Bunnymen - Echo and the Bunnymen (80's reissue)

Front:

Taken By Trees - East of Eden
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Joy Division - Closer (1989 reissue, the year I was born. Joy Division are my favorite band)
deadmau5 - Random Album Title
Bob Dylan - Bringing It All Back Home (SACD)
Charley Patton - Screamin' and Hollerin' the Blues
Bob Dylan - Blood On The Tracks (SACD)

Also got a super rare EP limited to 100 pressings by a certain very famous individual who the record shop owner's name I do not divulge. He doesn't want this getting to record collectors before it does fans.

Sora_N

8860418_9c777fa39c_b.jpg

Not very impressive but scored this off eBay 10 days ago, $34 USD total. :D

Mostly bought for Darkstalkers and Disgaea chars but was happy to see there are some Ar Tonelico ones too. :lol

Rich!

randomlyrossy said:
Out of interest how much did it set you back? I did a quick search on ebay and the first one of those I found was a bit steep.

£15. I bought it from a mate at uni, had it set up for the past few days waiting for my new gamecube controller to arrive! They do seem to be kinda pricey online, I'll ask him where he got it from.

Anyway. Here's something else I got today - I didn't buy it, it's something I totally forgot I had, and found it in the weirdest place possible:

2s99dma.jpg

Some pretty decent images in this thing.

21b6695.jpg

206gap1.jpg

ixcvit.jpg

23s9mrc.jpg

2hg480n.jpg

richisawesome said:
£15. I bought it from a mate at uni, had it set up for the past few days waiting for my new gamecube controller to arrive! They do seem to be kinda pricey online, I'll ask him where he got it from.

Much appreciated!

That's one thing guides do have over stuff like Gamefaqs, lots of cool art and layouts.

ngower said:
Kraftwerk - Trans-Europe Express (2009 reprint)

Awesome.

Trans-Europe Express is excellent, though I haven't listened to it in a few years (lost my copy).

I need to pick up the vinyl reprints of Radio Activity and The Man Machine soon. This, too.

OMG Aero

GodHandMassEffect.jpg

These two games arrived earlier.
I've only played a bit of God Hand due to overdosing on ME2 but holy crap is it hard. I'm on easy mode and the first two levels are kicking my ass.

pirateben said:
Posted this in the stick thread already but may as well add it here too...

Namco Fighting Stick and (in the background of the first pic) Mass Effect 2 Collectors Edition. Both acquired a yesterday.

ac8wah.jpg
Very nice! And lovely photos pirateben.
I think this is my favorite non-arcade spec stick. The buttons feel almost like Seimitsus.
Using mine to play TvC thanks to my PS->GCN converter. Fun times!

Fumetsu said:
and this-

(Two quarter pound cheeseburgers, chicken fingers, onion rings, fried potatos, mozzarella sticks, and mac and cheese)

9zylav.jpg

My gf got their breakfast version which was country fried steak , tons of bacon and sausage gravy.

Fuck the haters man, go for yours!

JEKKI

richisawesome said:
To be fair, it's just a standard Component > VGA adapter:

6s474x.jpg

You can get specific Wii-VGA adapters, but this was cheaper, and is perfect for myself (I can use it with other stuff, not just the Wii if needs be)

But yay, I can finally play WW again. I just can't remember where the hell I am:

2rx9w6x.jpg

:lol Maybe I should start a new game. Oh, and it's a way sharper image than that IRL, just a bit of camera blur. It's an insanely good screen for the price I paid for it.
how would u say the lag is on that??

like would u recommend it for hooking up the sega saturn for some vampire savior and radiant silvergun action?? or even a dreamcast for the same reasons?

I am currently in the market for a xrgb-3 since I am currently TV-less and hate TVs in general... I wonder if that vga box would be a cheaper alternative...

JEKKI said:
how would u say the lag is on that??

like would u recommend it for hooking up the sega saturn for some vampire savior and radiant silvergun action?? or even a dreamcast for the same reasons?

I am currently in the market for a xrgb-3 since I am currently TV-less and hate TVs in general... I wonder if that vga box would be a cheaper alternative...

JEKKI, how could you hate TVs? Street Fighter is played on TVs!

JEKKI

KingHenrik30 said:
JEKKI, how could you hate TVs? Street Fighter is played on TVs!
TVs are either too big or too heavy.

I play SF either on my computer monitor, or an arcade cab.

asus monitor ftw!!

Einbroch

Banned
Sennheiser RS120 Wireless Headphones. Amazing, just what I wanted. I use these all the time when I'm cleaning the apartment. Living with three other guys means I have to clean a lot.
msmxi9.jpg

Lunar and Lunar 2. Ragnarok Online OST. The OST is amazing, it's seriously one of my favorite soundtracks in any game, and it's an online game, ffs!
dvsdom.jpg

A Song of Ice and Fire Series. Read the first one a few years ago, gonna catch up on this over summer, but Amazon had a great deal so I had to snatch them up.
2lleddl.jpg

karasu

richisawesome said:
That thing, behind the guitar. The metal-looking object.

Dudebro's beard? Or are my eyes decieving me?

Who is a dudebro? That's just a statue of a little dude carrying grapes.

Gouken

Banned
Major January purchase

75ca1fd9.jpg

in you're wondering, that bottle on the left are iron pills since i lack iron deficiency. Razor mouse mats on bother sides, Macbook black cover, wii points, yes man bluray, xbox wireless n adapter, white PSP pouch to match my white PSP, bayonetta and GTA xbox and finally Macbook anti-glare screen protector.

not pictured, 4 Ray-Ban sun glasses.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Flea market was pretty poor today, still found some PC and gameboy games that i wanted/had but lost. Also bought DA:O and Assassin's creed 2 really cheap. And another figure that came today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom