• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
2076836589_a588abe39a_o.jpg

NeoGAF JANUARY Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Happy New Year!

How was your holiday season? We've had this thread here at NeoGAF for over a year now... lets see it continue well into 2008 and beyond! Just think about it... soon enough we'll see pictures of all those 'big' games that we're waiting for! + tons more!

New year's resolutions? Nothing in particular... How about for one month, I would like it if this thread go on without having a dumb fuck who posts a hotlinked image or some google image.... -_-

Use this month's thread to show your pick ups for January!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

ARCHIVES:
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007

----

Haven't gone shopping for January just yet... I mean after all, it is only 2008 in some parts of the world! But I'll be sure to pick up something tomorrow!

Here's what I got in December, you're more than welcome to post your December pickups too! Let's get the show started!

Feb. 2008 Arcadia Magazine + Tekken 6 Character Command Book
2153407586_14d6010f18.jpg

Mass Effect (360) a Christmas gift from my good friend Ace R.
2152618719_1d274d1e8b.jpg

My brother gave me a Chad plush(From Bleach) that we always laugh at whenever we see... and some Gundam 00 toys...
2152629309_b9c527113c.jpg

Parasyte manga Vol. 1 & 2...
2152628331_8e62f7c074.jpg

Jan. 2008 Arcadia Magazine
2095227726_2ea9b00140.jpg

Three Tekken 6 IC Cards, the one with the T6 logo is rare and was only available at playtests prior to the main release.
2102378866_7da819f006.jpg

Saulabi 4K PLAYSTATION 3/PC Korean styled arcade stick.
2120176591_48756b8561.jpg

Jan. 2008 EGM with Street Fighter IV cover story, EVO2007 DVDs, Stafi No Densetsu (GBA), Tougeki 2007/Super Battle Opera 5 Tekken 5: DR Tournament DVD, and an extra HDMI cable for my white PS3.
2120175487_09103bd5ed.jpg

Next two pics are the goods I got from a company Christmas party... DBZ Movie 2 Pack on Blu-Ray, Hooked (Wii), GGXX Accent Core (Wii), Disgaea 2 promo manga, Konami Arcade Hits (DS), Dragoneer's Aria (PSP), Metal Slug Anthology (PSP), & Soul Nomad (PS2).
2129892115_a1a9dc4fbe.jpg

Time Crisis 4 (PS3) and Saitek personal speakers (BANGIN!)!
2130669152_cdd96938ea.jpg

Super Princess Peach (DS) for my daughter, and for me.... All Pro Football 2K8 (PS3) [Couldn't resist for $9.99], HD-DVDs: Land of the Dead, Syriana, and Transformers...
2132352006_93d29aa30f.jpg

I hope everyone has a HAPPY and SAFE New Year celebration!

I really hope that sometime in 2008.... we can get through at least ONE thread with everyone following the rules :p !

See you guys in 2008!

2008... HOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Posted this in the December thread, like eight minutes after you posted the new thread.

doogles said:
82bho5c.jpg

PS3 GOTY
out of the three games I own, one of which is Motorstorm
I'm also in love with the slogan. Is there a t-shirt?
Hear that Dementia? Gaming/non-gaming goods? Alright.

Amir0x

Banned
DecemberSwagSmall01.jpg

ImageSwag005.jpg

December was mostly a month to continue buying back games I sold when I needed money during my "poor" period, so I did a lot of inventory building.

NiGHTS.jpg

Sadly, it was also the month the legacy of a classic game was raped and pillaged, and then raped again underneath the soft glow of Christmas moonlight.

THIS month, I have already ordered:

Final_Fantasy_3_III_Trading_Figures.jpg

FFTTrading.jpg

+ Phantom Hourglass trading mini, all of which should arrive sometime this or next week.

And I have pre-ordered:

230220brp.jpg
200200b.jpg
180486b.jpg
190461brp.jpg

+ I already imported:

pa.105615.1.jpg
(should arrive soon)

Amir0x

Banned
Oxx said:
December purchases I didn't get around to posting in last month's thread:

Man that EU Puzzle League boxart would be pretty nice if not for that damn inexplicable black bar "ENJOY STYLUS SLIDING PUZZLE FUN!" ugh

gray_fox224

Not really January. It's more like X-Mas and after X-Mas hual. Don't mind the LV bag. It was a present for my girlfriend

DSCN1286.jpg

Ecto311

underfooter said:
If some of you DIDN'T buy games this month, you could have gone on vacations.

I bought games and went on vacation. Its called working a good job and being part of the steel workers union.

cicero

doogles said:
No, Amir0x does ecstacy.

Amir0x said:
So anyway, flash forward to a few months ago. For some reason, I don't know, I started having strong urges to revisit that part of my life... and one day, like clockwork, my friend comes along and offers me some coke. Yeah, I know... helluva drug. Strongly overrated. Dangerous. But I didn't resist, I snorted a bunch of lines and I was suddenly back in that world. Smoking weed, doing coke, drinking every night. A quick spiral, but I managed to stay away from Ecstasy even though it was around.

Present Day. I had a party last night at my house, and it went great - I drank myself under the table, and everyone had a good time. It was fun. This morning I'm cleaning up, and I find this stashed under the table:
Sure doesn't sound like he stopped being a coke fiend. Am I the only one who is wondering if his winsome return to coke bingeing didn't also coincide with his newfound respect and appreciation for Super Mario Galaxy?

Here's the latest batch of stuff that I've gotten:

Love the cover for MGS2: SOL Vol. 2. I like how the greys go quite well with the reds of Vol. 1
IMG_0699.jpg

*Close up of the Chotto Shot
IMG_0700.jpg

Lupin the 3rd Figure:
IMG_0701.jpg

Just got Shoot 'Em Up today, Sora & the Judge were belated gifts (Christmas & Birthday):
IMG_0704.jpg

*Close up of figures:
IMG_0705.jpg

cicero said:
Sure doesn't sound like he stopped being a coke fiend. Am I the only one who is wondering if his winsome return to coke bingeing didn't also coincide with his newfound respect and appreciation for Super Mario Galaxy?
Oh, wow. I didn't even go into the thread, just read the title.

poor Ami :(

Amir0x

Banned
cicero said:
FREE LINES OF COKE FOR EVERYONE!@#

Believe that.

cicero said:

Ecstasy is way better than coke, though. Too bad I have a bad history with it!

ymmv

Banned
Here's what I got in December. I'm still waiting for a buch of stuff including Mass Effect and Eye of Judgment, so this is an incomplete account of my spending habits.

december.jpg

neodec.jpg

Last batch from December. I have been really disappointed with PC games lately so I'm switching to handheld awesomeness.

Edit: Switched image host.

btf1980 said:
One of these games does not belong in the company of such awesomeness.

Dark Kingdom ain't that bad :p Co-op increases its awesome factor as well since I have a little brother. :p

Plus it was terribly cheap :lol

My first January purchase will be Radiohead once I get a chance to get to BB. Here's some of my Christmas haul though.

Games/DVDs from my wife's family.
CH1.jpg

(Non-gaming related)
Rick Nash RBK jersey from my wife. My parents made me a floor lamp out of hockey sticks and puck-shaped couch pillows. Now I just need to get that basement finished.
CH2.jpg

kuYuri

My December pick-ups. Not much this time, as I need to cut back on what I buy.

DSC04105.jpg

NOTE: I bought Assassin's Creed for $40 at Best Buy.

zoku88

archnemesis said:
neodec.jpg

Last batch from December. I have been really disappointed with PC games lately so I'm switching to handheld awesomeness.

Edit: Switched image host.
whoa. Is that Suikoden in the background? <3 How much did you cough up for that one? $40? Planning on getting the second game?

Top Bottom