• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I got bored yesterday so I decided to try out the Wii Motion+ \o/

pickupjulypart1.jpg

Verdict: Pretty fucking fun! I love the Disc Golf on Tiger Woods, so damn addictive :|

:lol at the back of the cover though..

lolcover.jpg

I also picked up a mini Danbo and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

danboandMH.gif

Here's my purchases from the last couple of weeks since the 3GS came out. I forgot to snap a pic of Chrono Trigger on DS which I picked up as well in addition to BF1943.
2vcw1th.jpg

Also got some wasabi peas and several different flavors of Ramune. Been wanting to try the drink out for a while now.
bjgwoz.jpg

Apo

Totobeni said:
sold my Mass Effect copy last holiday season to buy new games ( yeah I have no soul ), but I bought the new platinum hits editions today ( $12 ) , and , uh ..it seems like it's the old limited Edition .
[...]
3710394736_8fd775b213_o.png

^ IIRC this is the same stuff as the LE

Are you sure? My PAL platinum hits edition (called classics) contains the Bringing Down The Sky bonus episode which wasn't as far as I know included in the limited edition.

xmini2.jpg

Xmini II speaker. Very cool, very loud, very small. Probably about 70% the size of one of those Powerball things with the gyroscopes.

pheonix.jpg

Woo. I'm not merely Late to the Party, everyone has gone home already and I'm left to clean up the mess.

Flek

Banned
Suburban_Nooblet said:
Have you had a chance to delve into Museum of Terror yet? I have heard nothing but good things.

yeha ive read some pages (not to mouch yet) but i like it already. Nice artstyle and a great twisted story <3 perfect :)

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
snap0212 said:
Better (for the customer) than putting on some bullshots... still funny. :D

I found it funny because the game does not even look anywhere near that bad when you play it. :lol

Unless it does look that bad on the composite cables..

^ You're going to have a blast with VB Wario Land, assuming it's new to you.

Even if you liked no other game on the VB, Wario alone would make the console a worthwhile purchase.

Toy Soldier said:
^ You're going to have a blast with VB Wario Land, assuming it's new to you.

Even if you liked no other game on the VB, Wario alone would make the console a worthwhile purchase.

I've played the game through a PC emulator. I got the best endings for Normal and Hard mode (all treasures under 2 hours), so I spent a good time with it already.

I don't even have a VB, I'll try to find one...

sprocket

Banned
wotter said:
Acer H223HQ (21,5" - 1080p), replacing the Acer P203W (20"):

HPIM.jpg

I just bought the same monitor. got it with banked best buy rewards points for $30

Great monitor one of the best Ive owned. Speakers suck bu I didnt even know it had speakers till i got it home. was surprised to see it came with every cable imaginable.

jaydogg691

Posting pick-ups from last month. It has been mostly digital downloads stating with iPhone Apps.

Picture1-1.png

• Asphalt 4
  • Enviro-Bear 2010
  • Flight Control
  • Peggle
  • The Sims 3
  • Star Defense
  • Tetris

Now for some PSN stuff. The PS3 was busy at the time so I used my PSP.

Bomberman Ultra
DSC05767.jpg

Gunstar Heroes and Spyro (free with Qore)
DSC05768.jpg

Since Qore gave away lots of goodies, I decided to renew.
DSC05769.jpg

New mouse (cause the Apple mouse sucked)
DSC05772.jpg

The Orange Box
DSC05777-1.jpg

TE FightStick
DSC05781.jpg

Silver PS3 Controller
DSC05764.jpg

Three new DS games. After I finish FF IV and Chrono Trigger I may turn my eye to Dragon Quest and Ace Attorney..

205t4zc.jpg

and BF1943 Xbox 360..

206bkht.jpg

The Dig, and Tales of Monkey Island with free first episode of Wallace and Gromit.

34glg06.jpg

Price drops for the win! These are going to be my last purchases for quite a while.

mine.JPG

...now for the second part.

If you go back to September 2008 I had another pick-up post of some value. Here it is.

Well, basically the same story again. He got all of these games from the same guy in a trade. All it cost him was a single copy of Fable 2. These technically are not mine, he is wanting to sell them because he wants a DSi and DSlite for him and his wife. I am simply selling them and after I get what he wants, whatever is left is mine. Except for a crack on a couple of games and Saga 2 not having its original case, these games are mint. I just kept opening them up and could not believe that these disks were basically flawless. Most of them appear to have never been played or touched. Just amazing. I just could not believe the box when he gave it to me. These are for sell at some point. I haven't decided what's the best course of action (I recently sold a game on eBay and was disgusted by the amount they charge now). Here's some pretty pictures.

psx1.JPG

psx2.JPG

psx3.JPG

psx4.JPG

psx5.JPG

I'd really like to make a deal with him to keep them, but I know I'd never play them. I don't really collect for PS1, but its not everyday you get handed all of these classics for basically nothing.

ninj4junpei said:
Tell your friend he's out of his flipping mind for wanting to sell those.

Well, he does not care at all for RPGs. He'd rather have the DS's/money. He did this before with a nice little SNES RPG collection (which I kept because I do collect for SNES even if I don't ever play them), which you can see in a link within my original post. If I pressed him, these could enter my collection (I do have a practically new DSi...), but I'm not sure if I'd ever get around to playing them. A couple will be mine for sure (Alundra is one of those), but I haven't made my mind up completely).

yoursisterspretty said:
Well, he does not care at all for RPGs. He'd rather have the DS's/money. He did this before with a nice little SNES RPG collection (which I kept because I do collect for SNES even if I don't ever play them), which you can see in a link within my original post. If I pressed him, these could enter my collection (I do have a practically new DSi...), but I'm not sure if I'd ever get around to playing them. A couple will be mine for sure (Alundra is one of those), but I haven't made my mind up completely).
Jeez, I wish I had friends you didn't care for RPGs and still collected them. Something seems fishy.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
yoursisterspretty said:
psx1.JPG

psx2.JPG

psx3.JPG

psx4.JPG

psx5.JPG

I'd really like to make a deal with him to keep them, but I know I'd never play them. I don't really collect for PS1, but its not everyday you get handed all of these classics for basically nothing.

Damn thats of awesome

Blyss

Banned
Valkyr Junkie said:
Here's my purchases from the last couple of weeks since the 3GS came out. I forgot to snap a pic of Chrono Trigger on DS which I picked up as well in addition to BF1943.
2vcw1th.jpg

Also got some wasabi peas and several different flavors of Ramune. Been wanting to try the drink out for a while now.
bjgwoz.jpg

Jesus christ, Dexter on BluRay??????

Ajay1986

Gone Vertigo crazy so far this month with Y the Last Man 1 and 2 Deluxe editions, 100 Bullets 1-3, Fables 1 and 2 and Northlanders 1.

Plus Harvey Birdman who of course is awesome.

dsc00568o.jpg

botkiller

20090712-bnaqm8ekihy2w86dsk73drxuaj.jpg

I Come To Shanghai album

20090712-prcqnqx2t893g7e8twxnrsa9yu.jpg

Duels of the Planeswalkers

20090712-f6ns2m3b7piyxnqsug4kqeuu83.jpg

Macbook Pro to be a big brother for my Air

20090712-8bewkuhk7k9bku584kn8sk1kuw.jpg

Some new Blu-Rays

20090712-tnea81snxs28p4cat6pdm5qci5.jpg

Battlefield 1943

20090712-twpabcrw9jmq3an59t511wpq47.jpg

Bad Company and Red Faction Guerrilla

HUELEN10

rerwrw.png

Yay! My remote and Wii Strap arrived! Now I can change volume and whatnot from the comfort of my chair, while having it secure to my wrist. :D

TheOddOne

Ajay1986 said:
Gone Vertigo crazy so far this month with Y the Last Man 1 and 2 Deluxe editions, 100 Bullets 1-3, Fables 1 and 2 and Northlanders 1.

Plus Harvey Birdman who of course is awesome.

dsc00568o.jpg

No Scalped? fo' shame!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
HUELEN10 said:
Yay! My remote and Wii Strap arrived! Now I can change volume and whatnot from the comfort of my chair, while having it secure to my wrist. :D
You are strange, but awesome.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
HUELEN10 said:
rerwrw.png

well , I guess your hand's secret finally revealed ..

you are an alien

29dh1g3.png

Desi

yoursisterspretty said:
psx1.JPG

psx2.JPG

psx3.JPG

psx4.JPG

psx5.JPG

i know i could find use for several of those guides.

b.e.r.g

grid.jpg

I don't get all the negative vibes around this game? I think it's all out wonderful! Challenging, pretty good looking, huge singleplayer career mode, multiplayer, lots of tracks, tons of vehicles, fantastic audio, all for €9,99! One of my best pickups this year :D

Luthair

BBQ at work haha good times.
2cp9w13.jpg

I picked up a few classic mags from a friend :-D PC Accelerator how I love you!
2afbx9g.jpg

24xfk9l.jpg

2m3jpg9.jpg

First 3 issues of Gamefan... God I loved that mag.
2crkops.jpg

Do you think the Final fantasy strat guides of the first 3 gamefans might be worth anything? Might look to sell.

Top Bottom