• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
firstly , I AM A MAN !!!

3702276792_a1f51afd17_o.png

no that no pink , it's funking METALLIC rose , hell yeah .

and no it's not for me , it's for my co worker , It's her birthday tomorrow, really I wanted to get DSi for her but the only color available was that pure shitty matte blue :/

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Blablurn said:
10i71he.jpg

Fucking Big Surf Island. It's an awesome add-on. well-spent money.

An example of when off-screen pics look better than direct feed. Goddamn.

Yes Boss!

_dementia said:
If I had the space (and money!) I'd love to do something similar.

Lucky you live in California and can get Japanese cabs relatively easily. Shipping costs would kill me for a project like that :(

Here is the poor-mans arcade setup. I've not even touched the adjustments on the monitor as I'm waiting to install it in the cab to do all that. But the cable from Ulitmarc seems to work correctly. I thought maybe I'd have to hack in some capacitors but it seems like the newer versions have fixed earlier problems.

P1010468.jpg

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Totobeni said:
firstly , I AM A MAN !!!

3702276792_a1f51afd17_o.png

and no it's not for me , it's for my co worker , It's her birthday tomorrow, really I wanted to get DSi for her but the only color available was that pure shitty matte blue :/
Wow u are a nice coworker.

Totobeni said:
firstly , I AM A MAN !!!

There better be some sort of sexual favors that outcome this gift.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Brandon F said:
An example of when off-screen pics look better than direct feed. Goddamn.
Meh, looks a little pixelated to me. If I wasn't tired I would get up and take a shot but another time.....another time.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Love my 4 year old digital Camera I picked up a few months ago for 10dollars:lol So sorry for shitty pictures once more

PICT0054.jpg

About a good year+ of searching around(Either getting sniped or too expensive), Finally got it for 70$ shipped. It reeked of cigs though when I opened the box. But came complete. I'm trying it out later tonight ^_^. This has been the sole reason why I haven't sold my Xbox.

Ah, Yes Boss, I envy your arcade setup plans. I would like to do something like that, but I do not have the space for that, plus everything here is 100% taxed when imported so... (and my wife will kill me).

Anyway, this came here yesterday. I was holding my plans to buy it, since the bugs it has made its price went down the last months (I saw some copies for around US$ 50) and I was cheap for it. But since the news about the stolen code broke out, its price sky rocket again. Have to pay almost US$ 80 shipped, but I think it is worth as a collector's stuff (if a new version comes out with patch/corrections this one will be still valuable).

b265fa015f192b331d5b9bef24c0ea55.jpg

Yes Boss!

Chiaroscuro,

That is a good copy of that game. I know it gets tons of hate but I've put tons of hours into it. Also, the X-Mode that pops up after five or six hours of play makes it worth it.

Putting the cabinet together is fun as hell. A little tricky because there is just not that much info out there. For example, my Dreamcast runs spot on but there is something up with the PS2 connection...like it is scaling up to 31K or something and I wanna run it at 15K. I'm just gonna have to look at how the stock low-res monitor that comes in the cab is connected and compare from there. Confusing for a newbie like me with no electrical knowledge.

b.e.r.g

nny said:
I'm in Adventure Game Heaven:

TMI1.jpg

*bliss*
I'm falling a little behind here. I just saw these on Steam, but I have no idea what they are :p I thought they where doing a remake of the first one, and that one only?

What new Monkey Island is there? And is that one any good? Looks like they same 3D approach as the 4th.

Yes Boss! said:
Chiaroscuro,

That is a good copy of that game. I know it gets tons of hate but I've put tons of hours into it. Also, the X-Mode that pops up after five or six hours of play makes it worth it.

In my point of view, two things are wrong with this port:
- the excessive ammount of loading. I do not care about a huge initial loading, but big loadings every time you select an option in the menu and go back? A loading for the logos at the begining?
- the lack of consistence in the menus. Some times, the back button is the B-button, sometimes the start button, and sometimes the actual back button.

Something that bothers me as well is that you cannot chance the visual settings in game, have to go back to my menu. I like to explore the different options, and this and the excessive loading times are really a pain.

But the game itself is good as far as I see. My initial impression is not soo kind because I was experimenting with the settings. Now that everything is on place and I will actually play more of the game, it only can get better.

shintoki said:
Love my 4 year old digital Camera I picked up a few months ago for 10dollars:lol So sorry for shitty pictures once more

PICT0054.jpg

About a good year+ of searching around(Either getting sniped or too expensive), Finally got it for 70$ shipped. It reeked of cigs though when I opened the box. But came complete. I'm trying it out later tonight ^_^. This has been the sole reason why I haven't sold my Xbox.

You'll have to post back with impressions. I've always searched eBay every few months for this looking for a reasonable price. Ever since I first saw the controller in OXM, I knew I had to try it out someday. :D

-PXG-

shintoki said:

PICT0054.jpg

BALLIN'!!!!!!!!

xBuTcHeRx said:

+1 for BlazBlue. The pillow.......

-PXG-

xBuTcHeRx said:
Got that pillow at Anime Expo last week, it was beast!

Are you going to Otacon? I have a bunch of friends who are going. I'm the only one of the group that isn't really into anime ;__;

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
New PS3 to replace third PS3. I said I was going to get a couple of TE Sticks eventually and other stuff.

1pb993.jpg

Finally caught up on this thread....

This post warms my heart.

Let it be known everyone. This girl has one of my children.

lol

LiK

MarkMan said:
Finally caught up on this thread....

This post warms my heart.

Let it be known everyone. This girl has one of my children.

lol

i have 3 TE sticks. does that warm your heart too?

Rimshot

I guess this post is mostly targeted towards MarkMan as he seems to have immense knowledge in the subject. But recommendations from anyone knowledgeable is appreciated.

I feel like I really need to start with sticks for real. And get some experience playing with them before Tekken 6 comes to consoles. Was thinking of picking up BlazBlue since many people are recommending it, even though I am not a GG fan.

So what is a good stick to go with? That will suit Tekken 6 later on when it comes.

The only stick I have owned before is the korean Fanta stick, pretty much only useful when playing Mishimas back in the day heh.

Thanks beforehand for input on the subject.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Rimshot said:
I guess this post is mostly targeted towards MarkMan as he seems to have immense knowledge in the subject. But recommendations from anyone knowledgeable is appreciated.

I feel like I really need to start with sticks for real. And get some experience playing with them before Tekken 6 comes to consoles. Was thinking of picking up BlazBlue since many people are recommending it, even though I am not a GG fan.

So what is a good stick to go with? That will suit Tekken 6 later on when it comes.

The only stick I have owned before is the korean Fanta stick, pretty much only useful when playing Mishimas back in the day heh.

Thanks beforehand for input on the subject.

There's nothing wrong with sticking to your Fanta stick (Taeyoung or Myoungshin?)....

I'd say, if you want a good beginner/starter stick, go for something that you're comfortable with size wise.

There are two general sizes for current Japanese styled sticks...

Small
Fighting Stick EX2 (DOA4, VF5, SCIV, BB)
Namco Arcade Stick
SFIV SE FightStick
ROYDS Stick

Large
Hori Real Arcade PRO Series
Virtua Stick High Grade
SFIV FightStick TE

etc...

Once you figure out which size suits you best, I can help make a better recommendation... (especially for Tekken, my fave/main fighter)....

HUELEN10

Syntek said:
Mine has arrived :)
With the preorder nendoroid puchi too!

34gn3ex.jpg
Yeah, I couldn't find any place that had that figurine available, but no big loss as this is more of my style of thing.
518e46020ea0c5ed93799110.L.jpg

I really need to get something along these lines! BUt yeah, hope you are enjoying your copy, I can't wait for mine!
x2tnir.jpg

Totobeni said:
I wanted to get DSi for her but the only color available was that pure shitty matte blue :/
Rosalina Blue kicks ass!

Rimshot

MarkMan said:
There's nothing wrong with sticking to your Fanta stick (Taeyoung or Myoungshin?)....

I'd say, if you want a good beginner/starter stick, go for something that you're comfortable with size wise.

There are two general sizes for current Japanese styled sticks...

Small
Fighting Stick EX2 (DOA4, VF5, SCIV, BB)
Namco Arcade Stick
SFIV SE FightStick
ROYDS Stick

Large
Hori Real Arcade PRO Series
Virtua Stick High Grade
SFIV FightStick TE

etc...

Once you figure out which size suits you best, I can help make a better recommendation... (especially for Tekken, my fave/main fighter)....

If i remember correctly it was Taeyoung, had my friend in korea send a large quantity of them over to me and my friends in the TTT days. They were a whole lot softer then the crown sticks and was nice for the people spending too much wavedashing ^^;
(Played Law as main so didn't do much wavedashing heh)

But I really never got into using the sticks, still feels awkward.

Thank you for your help btw. Will try and see if I can get a feel for the sizes from pictures since no shop in the area has them lying around. :/

psy18

100_3006_resize.jpg

Too bad there's no bundle available in my country...

So now I own PS3 (love the xmb!), 360, Wii, and a decent gaming PC.
Yet I still feel empty and bored.
I know there are wonderful games out there for all systems but I just can't bring myself to commit all those time to finish them... Maybe it's time for me to retire from gaming.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Raife said:
Xbox 360 to PS3 stick conversion project?

Dual mod project. I'm doing the exact same mod! (Well, I'm doing a TE dual stick mod. Will be posting pictures soon.)

nny

b.e.r.g said:
I'm falling a little behind here. I just saw these on Steam, but I have no idea what they are :p I thought they where doing a remake of the first one, and that one only?

What new Monkey Island is there? And is that one any good? Looks like they same 3D approach as the 4th.

There's a remake of the first MI, and there's a new game, Tales of Monkey Island, delivered episodically (5 episodes total), the first episode just came out.

I'm enjoying the new game, I recommend you check it out, at least the demo , to see how you like it. The controls can feel a bit awkward at times, but the overall experience has been great. And yes, it's in 3D. Also, check out the official thread for more impressions and info.

psy18 said:
I know there are wonderful games out there for all systems but I just can't bring myself to commit all those time to finish them... Maybe it's time for me to retire from gaming.

No need to retire from gaming, just embrace your pacing.

It's OK to buy a game and not finish it. Honestly I like having unfinished games - it gives me something to eventually pick back up. We're talking an interactive medium, it'll always be fun to jump back in. I still have a couple dozen NES games I've never completed, that I can't imagine ever selling...'cause I'll want to finish them ONE day.

Sure, the easy answer is to limit yourself to one game at a time...but if you don't mind dropping the cash to buy multiple games, just enjoy 'em at your own pace and have fun!

edgefusion

Jason said:
july09pickup1.jpg

$30 inFamous + Utada <3

Great album, it deserves more attention, she's an amazing singer/songwriter! I guess a majority of people don't really care about genuine talent anymore though (unless it's talent show 'talent').

Canti

^Wow, some great pick-ups there SuperJ, all in excellent condition too D: Where did you get Sin & Punishment and Policenauts?

My July so far:

sfzat2.jpg

15hzm9v.jpg

- New Edge (with lame, non-subscriber cover)
- One Piece 5-8, obsessed with this lately
- Okami Wii was a late birthday gift from a friend, been meaning to buy this since PS2 release
- EuroGAF representin' with BlazBlue Ltd Ed, been waiting what seems like forever for it to arrive

PSN: Canti if anyone wants to administer a beatdown :lol

Yes Boss!

More arcade parts arrive. Blue buttons are for my BlazBlue stick (of course!) and the red are for my HRAP3-SE (maybe, depending how all red looks). On the Astro City panels, the Pink one will be installed with the green as backup...or for a future cabinet.

P1010471.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Astro City panels ftw :)

I have an Astro in my garage, but it was the second run with the Blast City panel.

O well!

I think the Astro design/graphic is the cleanest.

The only Sega panel that even comes close IMO is the New Net City panel... that one is blingin!

Also, my heart warms with all the pics/purchases of BlazBlue...

9 out of 10 crips prefer Blazblue.

Yes Boss!

MarkMan said:
Astro City panels ftw :)

9 out of 10 crips prefer Blazblue.

Pretty amazing for the game. Enough to chart on NPD? It would be pretty awesome if it did for Aksys. Wonder how KoF XII will sell in comparison...I'm thinking less.

Btw, I'm keen to get cracking on my BB stick button mod but I'm going to San Francisco for a week in a few hours so I won't be able to do it until I get back. Goddamn, if it had QDs I could have it done in minutes. :-( I'll post a pick up the finished stick in the Arcade Stick thread at the end of next week.

Top Bottom