• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Bootaaay said:
JP Xbox 360 Arcade with Mamoru-kun, Otomedius G, DoDonPachi DOJ Black Label EX & DeathSmiles, plus I picked up a JP points card and downloaded the DeathSmiles Mega Black Label add-on;

Photo0502.jpg

Currently addicted to DeathSmiles, and taking the oppertunity to play some XBLA titles I missed since my last 360 (Dishwasher, Worms 2, Monkey Island SE etc).

YES , i love it !!!!

I am already collecting the games now that they are still affordable and will import a Japanese or Asia 360 later !

scaffa

After working on a 20 inch screen it was time to upgrade. Bought the T240, at first I thought it was big but working on such a screen makes things a lot easier.

P1000125_small.jpg

Also bought Dragon Quest 4, never played it and only spent a few hours in DQ8 so i'm still new to the series. Liking it so far and I think it looks great :) Always played RPGs in the past but lost interest in them and want to regain that again. Also bought The Fountain, love the movie and it was time to own it for myself.

P1000127_small.jpg

I graduated last week so it was time to buy a "present" :lol Wanted a new easy camera for quite some time and bought the Panasonic TZ7, love the quality. I'm planning on going on a trip to Japan later this year for a few months so wanted a easy to use cam with HD video. Not pictured is a Lonely Planet Japan edition, which I also bought this month.

P1000130_small.jpg

And a random picture which I just took, I need to clean my desk, it's dusty... edited it a bit off course.

P1000138small.jpg

VerTiGo

Banned
I got this all this past tuesday. Actually, Tomb Raider was part of GameStop's buy 2 used get one free and I also picked up Blue Dragon and Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Blue Dragon is at my girlfriend's apartment, because that's where I keep my Xbox and I gave Ninja Gaiden to her gamerchick roomie as a gift.

pictureijk.jpg

I'm loving Overlord, my first time with the series. I picked it up over Little King's Story because I figured not to get ahead of myself and buy games I had previously wanted before newer releases. Wii Sports Resort on the other hand I had no intention of ever getting but my friend Chris who owns a indie game shop had picked up a copy for himself, I gave it a shot and the sword dueling had me sold so I had to get it the next day. I already have WiiMotion Plus because of Tiger.

enewtabie

My first fighting stick and I'm only 35:lol . I'm going to learn to play some of the new fighters like Blaz and KOF12 and some SF4 of course.
Picked up some Bathroom reading since it was cheap.

001-6.jpg

Backflip

Litflynt912 said:
Bape? ....Awesome...just Awesome....

did you get it from the shops? May I ask where...?

I got it from the Bape shop in Paris. I called them earlier in the week and asked them to keep the shirt for me. Good thing I did as it was the last Ghostbusters shirt they had.

JEKKI

Backflip said:
T-Shirt_Ghostbusters_Bape_front.jpg

It wasn't easy getting my hands on that t-shirt !
oh shyt!! that's what I get for not keeping up with fashion blogs, I didnt even kno they were making new designs. >_<

in other news, Markman's daughter approves of my wearing one of the original design milo x gb shirt!!

Backflip

JEKKI said:
oh shyt!! that's what I get for not keeping up with fashion blogs, I didnt even kno they were making new designs. >_<

in other news, Markman's daughter approves of my wearing one of the original design milo x gb shirt!!

I found out about the first BAPE X Ghostbusters shirts once they were already sold out everywhere so I did my best to stay in the loop this time. They also made sweet Ghostbusters sneakers but they didn't have those in the parisian shop.

Chorazin

Ultima_5 said:
Thanks! I'm actually quite surprised how much I am enjoying them. This is my first non-superhero comic book.

Wow. Ok then, you need to go read Preacher IMMEDIATELY after reading the Walking Dead.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Backflip said:
I found out about the first BAPE X Ghostbusters shirts once they were already sold out everywhere so I did my best to stay in the loop this time. They also made sweet Ghostbusters sneakers but they didn't have those in the parisian shop.

Isn't Colette crazy expensive? I almost think it would be cheaper to have a proxy service bid on a shirt for you via Yahoo Japan auctions and ship it overseas to you. These collaborations don't do anything for me, but I'm all over the city camo polos that were released last week :D I'm definitely getting the Taipei, Shibuya and Aoyama ones, possibly thinking about Harajuku and Nagoya.

Backflip

SnowWolf said:
Isn't Colette crazy expensive? I almost think it would be cheaper to have a proxy service bid on a shirt for you via Yahoo Japan auctions and ship it overseas to you. These collaborations don't do anything for me, but I'm all over the city camo polos that were released last week :D

I think it'd be a lot more expensive. Shipping costs from Japan are not cheap and there's also a good chance that I would have had to pay customs once the shirt got to France.

JEKKI

werd. so here we go, comic con pickups.

35brs49.jpg

monster hunter shirt and red estate la x capcom hadouken cap.

2j35h86.jpg

capcom towels!

5p0nr6.jpg

AOTS + uniqlo MGS4 shirts

2qan6vc.jpg

misc swag & purchases.

2zf0uok.jpg

and Tahou Kun! only 3 of these were to be given out that day, and I was able to get one coz I had the shyt!!

3093o1g.jpg
16auurn.jpg

before n after =P

jbueno

I have just returned from a local flea market, and look what I found for some measly $250 pesos (about $20 US dollars). Sorry for the really crappy cellphone pics, it´s the best I can do at the moment.

161xclw.jpg

2mi16l2.jpg

As far as I know it´s just missing the spine card, but for that price I really can´t complain. Everything included is in mint condition, not a single crack, scratch or crease.

Needed some pants for work, but ended up buying a shirt and tie.
24xoop2.jpg

Wanted some sunglasses, and these were 50% off. The wallet was an impuse. Sadly I must retire my checkered Vans wallet. ;_;
sq1qpv.jpg

Yes Boss!

dragonflys545 said:
I like the ps3 cover as well.

360, because it has Terry! But, yeah, PS3 version seems a bit classier.

Anyways, picked up the new extended version of Phily G's In the Upper Room (nice to revisit and an old standard):

P1010558.jpg

And Wipeout Fury. Did not even know this came out till this morning. Wipeout HD still remains the most impressive thing on the Triple. Hot shit, this game.

P1010554.jpg

Also got Bit Trip Core, Final Soldier and Pulseman for VC...so many good things on Wii.

P1010559.jpg

P1010560.jpg

P1010561.jpg

Zyzyxxz

picked up some herbs to grow for cooking

3755043777_4b329b5614.jpg
3755043197_f090bd5b29.jpg

Also got a new gaming keyboard: An HP rebranded Razer Lycosa! Damn it looks so cool!

Lights off/on
3755968043_302972f08b_o.jpg

3755968295_3202fc3a45_o.jpg

-PXG-

100_1695.jpg

$60 worth of PSN bucks. I bought...

- All three Killzone 2 map packs (bundle for $11.99)
- Wipeout HD Fury expansion
- Both Motorstorm PR Adrenaline/ Speed track packs
- Shatter
- flOw/ expansion bundle

Proc said:
Some summer reading...

2rgccq8.jpg
[IM]http://i25.tinypic.com/w8x27s.jpg[/IG][IM]http://i30.tinypic.com/akgzmg.jpg[/IM][IM]http://i30.tinypic.com/28wjkub.jpg[/IM]

A new hobby...

[IG]http://i28.tinypic.com/2imalh4.jpg[/IM]

Some console fun...

[IM]http://i27.tinypic.com/2wf8wad.jpg[/IM][IM]http://i28.tinypic.com/wahy0i.jpg[/IM][IM]http://i32.tinypic.com/28lz3f8.jpg[/IG]

Will have more game pickups after I figure out what I actually want from all these Steam deals currently on...

Head like a fucking orange!

cjdunn

jul0709.jpg

Amazon sale and the Michael Moore DVDs were $7 a piece.
jul0809.jpg

Blame Rebel FM Game Club for the Hitman purchase and a camera remote.
jul0909.jpg

ExciteBots with wheel was $2 cheaper than with copy without the wheel for a day.
jul1009.jpg

jul11b09.jpg

The months star purchase. I cancelled my PSP Go preorder and picked this up instead.
No regrets.
jul1209.jpg

Giolon

On top here we've got my new home theater system (Sony HT-7200DH) along with the discontinued TV stand I got at Best Buy for $130 off.
JulyPickUp.jpg

And on the bottom here we can see the only gaming merchandise I picked up this month was BlazBlue (including an artbook yay!). The SF4 stick is "old" but the Sanwa parts in it are new! I replaced the stick and buttons, and OMG are they an order of magnitude better than the stock parts.

KaYotiX

Banned
First time posting in this thread :) One of my FAVORITE threads too.

Iphones, Packers one is my 3GS and the Cowboys one is my wifes (regular 3G) both cases for them are from More-thing.com the Noel series.

save.jpg

Lunar 1 and 2 came in last month also.
save2.jpg

Wierd how one pic looks so much different and there taken in the same spot LOL!!

Giolon

-PXG- said:
Is the SE stick worth getting. We got one for the PS3 (since all of my fighters on my PS3). Should I bite?

The SE stick is better than no stick. But, the buttons have the tendency to become stuck occasionally if you're not putting fairly directly vertical pressure on them. They'll come back up with another press and wiggle or two, but it's something that made me want to pull my hair out during intense gameplay matches. Additionally, the stick started have a wear and tear feel too it, I could feel it shifting in odd ways in its holdings that it didn't used to. ~$60 of Sanwa Parts later, (incl shipping), it's now of the same quality as the TE stick and I saved about ~$20. I also picked up a used PS3 SE stick today for $40, so once I get Sanwa parts for it I'll have spent about ~$100 on it, saving $50 (and I could have saved more had I had the foresight to combine my Sanwa part orders).

So, in summary, buy an SE stick and improve it if you realize you want it to be better. You can save money doing it that way. Replacing the parts is trivial if you know which end of a screwdriver to hold. There's vids on Youtube.

-PXG-

Giolon said:
The SE stick is better than no stick. But, the buttons have the tendency to become stuck occasionally if you're not putting fairly directly vertical pressure on them. They'll come back up with another press and wiggle or two, but it's something that made me want to pull my hair out during intense gameplay matches. Additionally, the stick started have a wear and tear feel too it, I could feel it shifting in odd ways in its holdings that it didn't used to. ~$60 of Sanwa Parts later, (incl shipping), it's now of the same quality as the TE stick and I saved about ~$20. I also picked up a used PS3 SE stick today for $40, so once I get Sanwa parts for it I'll have spent about ~$100 on it, saving $50 (and I could have saved more had I had the foresight to combine my Sanwa part orders).

So, in summary, buy an SE stick and improve it if you realize you want it to be better. You can save money doing it that way. Replacing the parts is trivial if you know which end of a screwdriver to hold. There's vids on Youtube.

Cool. Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom