• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Giolon said:
On top here we've got my new home theater system (Sony HT-7200DH) along with the discontinued TV stand I got at Best Buy for $130 off.
JulyPickUp.jpg

And on the bottom here we can see the only gaming merchandise I picked up this month was BlazBlue (including an artbook yay!). The SF4 stick is "old" but the Sanwa parts in it are new! I replaced the stick and buttons, and OMG are they an order of magnitude better than the stock parts.

You don't seriously keep your PS2 on top of the subwoofer, do you? It fits on top of the 360 with out blocking any of the air vents if you really pressed for space.

Here's my pickups from the last few days:

2 Alpine 6 1/2 speakers for my Jeep Wrangler, already got the amp and subs in, now just needed to get some better speakers, next I am going to be replacing the driver and passenger one's, but those will be more expensive.
3756643221_5c2b987d50.jpg

Prince of Persia as part of the $20 game sale at Gamestop
Beyond Good and Evil for $5
Oni for only $1.99
3757442668_404ab89af4.jpg

Giolon

SlaughterX said:
You don't seriously keep your PS2 on top of the subwoofer, do you? It fits on top of the 360 with out blocking any of the air vents if you really pressed for space.
It is sitting there, but it's not plugged into anything. Being that I'm on my 5th 360, I'm a bit paranoid about putting anything near it. I don't plan on using my PS2 while it's on the woofer. Come to think of it though, I may just let it live on top of the Wii. Good eye though! And thanks for looking out for the welfare of my equipment! :D

KaYotiX

Banned
Caprica12 said:
where are you guys still getting ps1 games from in such good condition?

Uusally Ebay for me (just gotta look for the right auctions) and there is also a great mom and pop store near me that only deals in older games.

Zyzyxxz

Giolon said:
It is sitting there, but it's not plugged into anything. Being that I'm on my 5th 360, I'm a bit paranoid about putting anything near it. I don't plan on using my PS2 while it's on the woofer. Come to think of it though, I may just let it live on top of the Wii. Good eye though! And thanks for looking out for the welfare of my equipment! :D

put it under the Wii instead, I dont like reverse pyramid placements :D

F

finskninja

Unconfirmed Member
Patriotsbball5460 said:
Here's my pickups from the last few days:

2 Alpine 6 1/2 speakers for my Jeep Wrangler, already got the amp and subs in, now just needed to get some better speakers, next I am going to be replacing the driver and passenger one's, but those will be more expensive.
3756643221_5c2b987d50.jpg

Prince of Persia as part of the $20 game sale at Gamestop
Beyond Good and Evil for $5
Oni for only $1.99
3757442668_404ab89af4.jpg

Ahh beyond good and evil! One of my all time favorites!

ChryZ

Some stuff on blu,

pickup200906a.jpg

loads of stuff on dvd (60-70 discs!),

pickup200906b.jpg

few tunes on cd,

pickup200906c.jpg

... and a bunch of stuff on PSN (WOHD Fury, KZ2 maps, Shatter, etc)

Donos

ChryZ said:
Some stuff on blu,

pickup200906a.jpg

loads of stuff on dvd (60-70 discs!),

pickup200906b.jpg

few tunes on cd,

pickup200906c.jpg

... and a bunch of stuff on PSN (WOHD Fury, KZ2 maps, Shatter, etc)

you sir have a really good overall taste. i just recently watched all friends seasons and seinfeld from season 1-7 through. i love them!

Syncopated City's best track: Just One Second (hospital podcast ftw :)
Power Ballads best track - Will To Love

I'm still waiting for the next gig from Tony Colman in Germany

i also approve your movie taste :)

ChryZ

Graf Nudu said:
Syncopated City is great.
I have to agree.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Could you take a pic of the contents, in the seinfeld box if you don't mind?
Most certainly:

pickup200906b2.jpg

pickup200906b1.jpg

The coffee table book is very nice, but they failed by not having any foldable legs on it. You can't make a little coffee table out of it :(

Donos said:
you sir have a really good overall taste. i just recently watched all friends seasons and seinfeld from season 1-7 through. i love them!

Syncopated City's best track: Just One Second (hospital podcast ftw :)
Power Ballads best track - Will To Love

I'm still waiting for the next gig from Tony Colman in Germany

i also approve your movie taste :)
Thank you. dear sir.

My favorite tune from Syncopated City is "Attack Ships On Fire" and "Hanging Rock" on Power Ballads. I like them all up beat and happy happy joy joy. :lol

The Power Ballads cd is actually an import from US/NA.They included a dvd of their live session tour. The dvd is even region free, but not the best picture or sound quality though. Nice bonus nevertheless.

NPC Pikmin (making this the 3rd copy of Pikmin I own), Geometry Wars Galaxies, Wavebird, Wario Ware: Touched and Dragon Quest V.
IMG_1286.jpg

The Wavebird was a real surprise. The cost in particular:
IMG_1285.jpg

Insane...just insane

ckeur

Question about Play Control. I've seen really shitty box US box art mainly, but I've seen some really nice US box art as well (without the white border, etc). Are people just putting in their own cover before pictures, or are there multiple box arts? If they are custom, link?

ChryZ

Balboa said:
NICE, even if you speed through them that's going to keep you busy for a very long time
I'm in no rush, but all will be seen for sure.

Ultima_5 said:
I have the same set of seinfeld dvds! Posted a few pages back. Its quite a nice set
High5! :D

They put a lot of effort into the Seinfeld box, no? The box is made out of some weird paper, almost velvet like texture, very classy. Lot's of extras, commentaries, behind the scene chit-chat and anecdotes. The coffee table book is like a big episode guide. Very nice indeed.

The Friends box was pretty much half the price of the Seinfeld box, but it's also a lot more bare-bone. I learned that the Friends dvd episodes are extended. The aired episodes were shorter for whatever reason. Nice surprise.

nny said:
Infernal, how is Case Closed? I'm tempted to get it;
stop me.

Don't bother unless it's dirt cheap, it's really not very good! The story's entertaining, but the uh, the actual gameplay isn't. =[

ckeur said:
Question about Play Control. I've seen really shitty box US box art mainly, but I've seen some really nice US box art as well (without the white border, etc). Are people just putting in their own cover before pictures, or are there multiple box arts? If they are custom, link?

The New Play Control games have reversable covers, flip them over for proper box art!

ChryZ said:
They put a lot of effort into the Seinfeld box, no? The box is made out of some weird paper, almost velvet like texture, very classy. Lot's of extras, commentaries, behind the scene chit-chat and anecdotes. The coffee table book is like a big episode guide. Very nice indeed.

George: I gotta find a way to work this out, I love that apartment. It's so
cozy, I'm ensconced in velvet. You know, if it were socially acceptable--

Jerry: I know, you would drape yourself in velvet.

George: I've said that before?

Jerry: Many times. You love velvet, you want to live in velvet, everything
with the velvet.

nyprimus2

(Click for bigger picture)

A few comedies from the past month. Most were bought off half.com for very reasonable prices. Only thing I'm pissed about is that every movie I got that has an unrated version I have but I was sent the theatrical version of Superbad.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Wow, I haven't bought anything from this gen in July! I've got a lot of XBLA and PSN shit, and these:

2cwmquf.jpg

£5 the lot from a car boot. They're worth about £20 each on eBay, not sure wether to keep them in the collection or flog em.

dorkimoe

ChryZ said:
Some stuff on blu,

pickup200906b.jpg

I have all the DVD BOxsets 1-10, kinda wish i had the the nice box :(

I did however get the house (box) of everybody loves raymond

1rolt1.jpg

zkqv86.jpg

2zs360k.jpg

vzx4iw.jpg

not pictured . step brothers dvd and Roseanne season 1 (haha) and FNL season 1, the ms has it

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Picked this up today..

2009-07-26154326.jpg

Most of the mini games are shit, but I bought it for the table tennis and archery so I don't mind too much..

I also have the problem of having 3 motion +'s and only 2 wii motes now too.

I also picked this up for £8 too....

mask1.jpg
mask2-1.jpg

Will come in handy for Halloween :D

Bii

3709851749_a88c3d6fb2_o.jpg
3757916723_e87a30d8ec_o.jpg
3757917181_08b4400e05_o.jpg
3758714324_915be3c1ea_o.jpg
3758713980_66e74720de_o.jpg

24g Saltwater Aqarium. $1100+.
I actually bought most of the aquarium supplies/tank/stand/whathavenots last month. It's a Current USA 24g Aquapod with a Extreme Pro T5 lighting fixture, with a Hydor Koralia 1 powerhead (I have another one on the way to provide more water movement), replaced the stock pump with a Maxi-Jet 900 (not as strong but it runs much cooler), a Visi-Therm 75W submersible heater, 24.25 lbs. of live rock and 20 lbs. of live sand. In the tank are 8 red-legged hermit crabs, 2 blue-legged hermit crabs, 4 Mexican turbo snails, a Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp and a False Percula Clownfish. The livestock were purchased within the last week and I plan to add more to it every weekend for the next few weeks. I think I'll get a purple firefish and a sand sifter (goby, blenny, jawfish...not sure which one I'll get yet) before I start adding corals to the tank. When I added the clownfish to the tank, my cleaner shrimp came out from under the rocks and FADC'd towards it as soon as it saw it swimming by. I guess it couldn't wait to pick stuff off of the fish. :lol

3758873986_1d4706fb0b_o.jpg

Magic: The Gathering - Dules of the Planeswalkers. XBLA. $10.
Bought and downloaded this back when it first hit XBL. It didn't take me long to complete the Campaign mode with the green deck. I think it took me a longer time to figure out the Challenges. I'm now going through the Campaign with the red deck and I'm about halfway through. As much as I want to play it online, I fear the ragequitters will dampen the fun that I would have out of it. Purchasing this made me think about getting into Magic: The Gathering again, but having played the last battle with the insane amount of creature/artifact counters and a ton of enchantments...I couldn't be bothered by trying to keep track of all of that in a real game.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Bii said:
24g Saltwater Aqarium. $1100+.
I actually bought most of the aquarium supplies/tank/stand/whathavenots last month. It's a Current USA 24g Aquapod with a Extreme Pro T5 lighting fixture, with a Hydor Koralia 1 powerhead (I have another one on the way to provide more water movement), replaced the stock pump with a Maxi-Jet 900 (not as strong but it runs much cooler), a Visi-Therm 75W submersible heater, 24.25 lbs. of live rock and 20 lbs. of live sand. In the tank are 8 red-legged hermit crabs, 2 blue-legged hermit crabs, 4 Mexican turbo snails, a Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp and a False Percula Clownfish. The livestock were purchased within the last week and I plan to add more to it every weekend for the next few weeks. I think I'll get a purple firefish and a sand sifter (goby, blenny, jawfish...not sure which one I'll get yet) before I start adding corals to the tank. When I added the clownfish to the tank, my cleaner shrimp came out from under the rocks and FADC'd towards it as soon as it saw it swimming by. I guess it couldn't wait to pick stuff off of the fish. :lol
:lol :lol

ckeur said:

No, Nintendo made the boxes have duel cover art. All you do is take out the cover and flip it around to get a normal looking cover art. They did this for the whole world, so no worries.

Anyway, just got home from Best Buy and picked up this sexy beast:

wiisportsresort.jpg

First post, plenty of stuff picked up this month.

Gurren Lagann Wallscroll:
Picture064.jpg

Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
Picture066a.jpg

Apollo's Song by Osama Tezuka, Super Dimensional Fortress Macross Doujinshi, Three Gurren Lagann Doujinshi, and Side-A Doujinshi.
Picture067.jpg

Animal Crossing Globe Toy, Gurren Lagann Fully Drillized Toy:
Picture068.jpg

Namco Museum Sound Toys(DigDug and Tower of Druaga), 1TB HD:
Picture070.jpg

Ten Raffle Tickets for a Raffle at Work, Free Phone from my company, handful of Chik-Fil-A mints, Prototype(almost done), Weather Report Girl, Golden Boy, The State, Galazy Freulien Yuna, and Tekkaman Blade Box 2 on DvD:
Picture072.jpg

Mangagamer Free CD, Otakon 2009 Badge, 2 Bacanno! Postcards, SGT. Frog Cutouts, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Vol. 1 on DvD, Latest Issue of Maximum PC:
Picture073.jpg

Gurren Lagann FanArt, Protoculture Addicts, Sailor Mercury Doujinshi:
Picture075a.jpg

More Gurren Lagaan FanArt, Otakon 2009 Booklet, Headphone Jack to Headphone Jack, Moleskin Notebook, MicroSD card and Adapter:
Picture076.jpg

Poster Won for Asking the Director of Lucky Star and Crazy Shine Maidens a question:
Picture078a.jpg

More Free Schwag from Otakon:
Picture079.jpg

More to come later.

-Ninja Vanish!

jaydogg691

First picture is more of a Fix-up. The Wii's disc drive got F'd up, so I sent it in for repair. I got to do a lot of catching with Wii games that I missed.
DSC00005.jpg

And the Wii got fixed just in time for this.
DSC05819.jpg

Killzone 2 maps plus WipEout HD Fury
DSC05828.jpg

360 TE FightStick, MS Points, and my 4th copy of SF IV.
DSC00013.jpg

Donos said:

I agree. I always felt Friends was the second part of Seinfeld. Both equally awesome. I really hope they release them all on Blu-Ray some day though because watching the syndication in HD looks really good.

Oh, and Bii, I'm really jealous about your fish tank! I've had plenty of freshwater tanks but I've always wanted a salt water tank. I'm just always hesistant since I don't know how much maintenance it could be compared to fresh water.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
VGChampion said:
I agree. I always felt Friends was the second part of Seinfeld. Both equally awesome. I really hope they release them all on Blu-Ray some day though because watching the syndication in HD looks really good.

Oh, and Bii, I'm really jealous about your fish tank! I've had plenty of freshwater tanks but I've always wanted a salt water tank. I'm just always hesistant since I don't know how much maintenance it could be compared to fresh water.
Oh come on, Friends is not nearly as awesome as Seinfeld. It's pretty awful, actually.

Volcynika

Only originally planned on buying two games, but low prices/deals changed that!

24n4twm.jpg

Wii Sports Resort too, but that won't get here till Wednesday.

DeepFriedMuppet

Neo Member
Bii said:
It's a Current USA 24g Aquapod with a Extreme Pro T5 lighting fixture, with a Hydor Koralia 1 powerhead (I have another one on the way to provide more water movement), replaced the stock pump with a Maxi-Jet 900 (not as strong but it runs much cooler), a Visi-Therm 75W submersible heater...

I've no idea what that means, but it sounds awesome!

Lovely looking aquarium, reminds me how much I enjoyed keeping fish when I was younger.

Zotty said:
After working on a 20 inch screen it was time to upgrade. Bought the T240, at first I thought it was big but working on such a screen makes things a lot easier.

P1000125_small.jpg

I love the look of your desk, can you take a few shots of it? I'm moving into my new flat soon and need some ideas!

axb8k4.jpg

Got my DSi card in the mail recently for cheap from DealExtreme and picked up all the Scott Pilgrim's!

16jra77.jpg

I am addicted to this game. If you have a Wii you should own this game, hands down my GotY.

Volcynika

Urban Scholar said:
Hey V how's Eat Lead and Deadly Creatures?

Only played about one chapter of Deadly Creatures (just started out as the Scorpion), but so far it's very interesting. You learn new moves and get points for doing certain things, but I think I'll enjoy it. Worth it a try for $20 if you can snag it from GameStop before the sale ends (Aug 2nd)

Eat Lead has good writing, very funny stuff. Haven't played too terribly much, but the gameplay is quite average and a little cumbersome. I got it for really cheap though, so eh. I'd get it for cheap if you want it at all, you might be a little disappointed.

enewtabie

Wii Sports Resort($49.95)

Mommy,Daddy,Sis and Enewtabie are back again in this classic collection of mini-games from Nintendo. Stab fellow Mii Citizens with 1:1 fidelity or simply replay the classic Wave Race 64 with your face plastered on the character models. Only you can save the Island from the evil duck hunts' son's cousins dog trying to steal your frisbee or that evil Mii Warlord Fernando hell bent on defeating you in table tennis.

Seriously, a good game Nintendo. Keep it up. Metroid Trilogy next month.:D

027.jpg

Top Bottom