• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

gillFTR

MarkMan said:
Oh yea.

We got those pickups.

We got here, some food from Phil's BBQ (Best BBQ in San Diego)... during Saturday night of SDCC....

3764158597_07b0d1acaa.jpg

MMmmmMMmmmmMMMMMmmm...jealous :D

Jim Stark

Neo Member
Yeah, that barbecue looks incredible.

Nike+ Pegasus for my new running shoes, hopefully that iPod+Nike device shows up in the next few days.

122m3hy.jpg

Picked up the following bits this month:
P1010001.jpg

Castlevania OoE, Saturn Bomberman, Die Hard Arcade, Burning Rangers, Ranbow Islands, Strider, Resident Evil Directors Cut and Ace Combat 3.

DashBox.jpg

Rockman Dash: To Save the World (Chinese Rockman game)

ChinaPC.jpg

Various Chinese Rockman PC releases

SF2-1.jpg

X3system.jpg

sikkinixx

innervision961 said:
Sikinixx could you not find it on the MM site? I lucked out, we have this awesome little place where I live called collectors mall, it has every toy/game/comic you could ever hope to find, some things are a little pricey because its all owned by different people who just use the building to sell their items, so they price things differently.... I could go on one end of the store to this guys collection, find a mighty mugg for 10usd or go to the other side and find the same one for 14usd... I love that place though, nerd heaven :D

Well I can always eBay them, but it tends to be expensive to ship from the US to here in Canadia. A bunch of comic stores have then, but if they are at all rare or desirable (ie. the Ewok was pricey) they charge double or triple the MSRP, plus I already have the majority of them so it's harder to find a store with the ones I need. I normally try to find as many as I can when I am in the US but it's getting tricky with the new Toys R Us deal they apparently swung.

Gameboy415 said:
That looks awesome!!

Is it a new release?? I've never seen it before...
Thanks. No, the art book is quite old (it was originally released in 2007), but Play-Asia still has some, so I was able to pick one up last week.

Chorazin

Jim Stark said:
Yeah, that barbecue looks incredible.

Nike+ Pegasus for my new running shoes, hopefully that iPod+Nike device shows up in the next few days.

122m3hy.jpg

I got my Nike+ in the mail Monday, and used it today to log my walking (and eventually running) plan, and HOLY CRAP IS IT AWESOME! You're gonna love it, especially the Nike+ website. Nike has done some really cool stuff with this thing.

enewtabie

MarkMan said:
Oh yea.

We got those pickups.

We got here, some food from Phil's BBQ (Best BBQ in San Diego)... during Saturday night of SDCC....

3764158597_07b0d1acaa.jpg

Oh,that's grilled BBQ..I thought you were going to show real BBQ(pork)..I'm from NC:D
Still looks delicious.

Canti

Jim Stark said:

I have those (grey/navy) and they've done me well for a few hundred miles now, a lot of people write off Nikes for running but these are pretty nice!

Chorazin and Jim Stark, sign up for the GAF Nike+ Team over in the OT, we're pretty active :D

bigosc2k

Banned
dablemont said:
Have you tried taking out the hand of the figure? That's how I did with Ikki and this Sieg. After "chop his hands" :lol , you can place the gauntlets, then you place the hands back on the figure. :D

I tried that and the hands just don't want to go back in.

topofuji

Banned
donkey show said:
Here are some of my pickups from the weekend at Comic-con 2009. Good times, btw!

2009comicconpickup01.jpg

The entire Freedom Formula series by Radical Comics. Aside from the spectacular art and giant mecha, this short series is a fun ass ride.

2009comicconpickup02.jpg

STREET FIYTAH FO!!!

2009comicconpickup03.jpg

Rockman 9 OST and a Viewtiful Joe keychain.

2009comicconpickup04.jpg

Sony swag!!! A Sackboy shirt, an inflatable wrench from R&C, and the panels from our LBP and LBP PSP booths. :lol

2009comicconpickup05.jpg

Very cool Halo Legends poster.

2009comicconpickup06.jpg

A very interesting take on the Hokusai painting.

2009comicconpickup08.jpg

And a TatsuCap towel!!!

Where can I get my hands on one of the PS3 SFIV fightpads without the character art on it? (I know that says Comic Con exclusive, but...) Are they in production?

Nitemare1

Shikashi said:
Must be the first time I actually like the NA boxart for a game. :lol

Nice pick-up to whoever is buying KOF, you're no longer part of the problem.

Ugh. Hope I have more luck finding it this week than i did with blazblue.

Yes Boss!

topofuji said:
Where can I get my hands on one of the PS3 SFIV fightpads without the character art on it? (I know that says Comic Con exclusive, but...) Are they in production?

They are available at the Mad Catz store. Mine is arriving today so they seem to ship in about a day or two after processing (ordered last friday). They say limit one per customer but you can order one each PS3 and/or 360. Also, you can get around the cart lockout with different addresses and credit cards. A little pricey, but just gotta swallow the cost. They are now offering free shipping on them though. Also, they don't ship abroad. LINK:

http://store.gameshark.com/StreetFighterIV

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Heart Attack <3

Also at SDCC I got to meet MrJared and donkey show. That was awesome :)

Got more stuff when I came into work this morning... pics later.

Nerdy video game shirts ftw.

spats

Photo004.jpg

Samsung I8910 HD. The 720p video filming works incredibly well. Loving the phone so far. Expensive month!

First post in this thread, by the way.

MarkMan said:
Heart Attack <3

Yo MarkMan, if you don't mind me asking...do you have like a set budget on the video game products you buy per week?

From this thread alone, you buy alot of stuff mang!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
black_vegeta said:
Yo MarkMan, if you don't mind me asking...do you have like a set budget on the video game products you buy per week?

From this thread alone, you buy alot of stuff mang!

No I don't. I just get what I like or whatever I'm interested in.

I wouldn't buy all this crap if I couldn't afford it. I'm usually working most of the time so when I do get out, I have fun/live well :)

MarkMan said:

I wouldn't buy all this crap if I couldn't afford it. I'm usually working most of the time so when I do get out, I have fun/live well :)

I totally understand. :lol

Be like Rihanna and "live your life..."

LiK

MarkMan said:

fuck yea. live the life. we only have one.

JEKKI

black_vegeta said:
Be like Rihanna and "live your life..."
I love that song!!

so live your life! oooohhh! heeyyy eyyy eyyyy~!!!

da da da da da da da da just live your life! whoooahhh! heeeay eeey yeaaay~!!

marwan

Banned
spats said:
Photo004.jpg

Samsung I8910 HD. The 720p video filming works incredibly well. Loving the phone so far. Expensive month!

First post in this thread, by the way.

congrats, i just got the same phone and posted a pic a few pages back. i love the AMOLED screen, and capacitive screen rock! fantastic phone, but i have to admit I'm a little disappointed by the HD recording, the image looks way too soft, and the phone can't keep a steady 24fps...it keeps dropping to 22fps and so...an yes you can see the difference, the frame rate is choppy in HD, so instead i just record in D1(720x480).

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
MarkMan said:
Heart Attack <3

-=pokes=-

MarkMan said:
Heart Attack <3

No doubt! That was one hell of a random meet. :lol

My friend took me to Phil's BBQ on Friday night. That place rules my face.

xSL4INx

Here are my pickups for the month!

First up, the King has finally returned. My most anticipated title this year other than Tekken 6. First 360 purchase in almost a year too!

kofxii.jpg

Picked up Trackmania at Gamestop for $9.99! It's a recent price drop.

trackmaniads.jpg

Gotta love Target clearance! Picked up Star Ocean for $10 & HotD Overkill for $12!

targetclearance.jpg

Some cheap retro games now, Fighters Megamix for $4 and Splatterhouse for $6.

retrop.jpg

My final pickup for the month is a copy of Lunar 2 for PS1.

lunarboxed.jpg

The box is a little beat up, but the insides are all very nice. Even had the pendant! Picked it up for $45!

lunarunboxed.jpg

ibu

So I jumped in and bought an iPod Touch 8gb as a warm up for an iPhone 4g, my blackberry curve 8900 shall tie me over until next years refresh.

21998oz.jpg

Bought a heap of games already... most notably.

Space Invaders Infinity Gene .... AWE-fucking-SOME!!!

The Secret of Monkey Island .... In-fucking-CREDIBLE!!!

Metal Gear Solid 4 Touch ... aight!!!

Ragdoll Blast .... C-fucking-RACK!!!

Worms... jolly good!!

Star Hogs ... worms in space with online and multiplayer.

Xpandaballs... yet to play.

I don't see me actually playing any console games anymore apart from... Battlefield 1943 on PSN

[picture forthcoming]

El_Six

Neo Member
Here we go...
DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

Also picked up Watchmen Directors Cut

P1090922.jpg

Nikon D60 (Love It!!)

DSC_0019.jpg

Finally gave in and got the iPhone 3GS

Last Minute Pick Ups :)
P1090991.jpg

P1090993.jpg

October Pick Up is baby (our 1st)...finally needed a family car..2009 Dodge Avenger :D

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
donkey show said:
More like respect knuckles. :D Good times indeed, mang.

I'll give him the man hug next time. :lol

I gave MrJared the man hug <3

If you came to the TEKKEN room I'd give you one too :(

Next time!

I'm always up in the LA area we should meet up sometime.

Any of you guys going to PAX?

Top Bottom