• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Had some spare credit in my UK PSN account and decided to buy a few PS1 classics that I haven't played before:

DSC00289.jpg

DSC00288.jpg

DSC00287-1.jpg

2il0801.jpg

The PS3 is for my biotch (no more having to unplug my system to bring over when I want to watch Blu-Rays with her). Got the consoel for $200 and the controller/game bundle for $36 via Amazon lightning deals! Also recovered my EU PSN account and downloaded Wipeout HD/Fury and Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty as my Welcome Back games. Need to upgrade the HDD in my 40GB PS3 soon I guess...

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
kunonabi said:
Man the red Wii and the red psp look so nice. Could you post a pic of the red wiimote/nunchuck?

I don't think that was directed at me. But in any case, I'm just chilling by my games, so I took a couple quick glamor shots for you :)

5854113835_aa7c9cc1da_b.jpg

5854669438_734b5e043d_b.jpg

Rich!

I got Ocarina of Time 3D last Tuesday, but I'm gonna post a different pickup. My girlfriend found a SNES (mint condition!) and a load of games in the cupboard at her work, and brought it all for me. Here it is:

yNY2L.jpg

Cost her £6.97 for all that. Heh. It even has it's own warranty card, registered in 1992! And you see the poster there? It came with a massive one, complete with beta images of Link to the Past, which is blatantly going into the living room of our new place when we move in next week:

AkWEk.jpg

E1Clh.jpg

gxrgB.jpg

Gonna head to my local Maplin tomorrow to buy the parts I need to wire up a 50/60hz and region free mod on the console. Obviously I'll need to find my gamebit screwdriver first...damn you stupid old Nintendo screws...

Skel1ingt0n said:
I don't think that was directed at me. But in any case, I'm just chilling by my games, so I took a couple quick glamor shots for you :)

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5312/5854113835_aa7c9cc1da_b.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5316/5854669438_734b5e043d_b.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I really wanted both of those, but with no way to transfer my Wii Shop/DSiWare goods I was throwing away alot of money.

Gamble

SlaughterX said:
2il0801.jpg

The PS3 is for my biotch (no more having to unplug my system to bring over when I want to watch Blu-Rays with her). Got the consoel for $200 and the controller/game bundle for $36 via Amazon lightning deals! Also recovered my EU PSN account and downloaded Wipeout HD/Fury and Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty as my Welcome Back games. Need to upgrade the HDD in my 40GB PS3 soon I guess...

I have that same stripped tie :)

Greyvvolf

June_2_2011.jpg

Going to watch this tonight.

Mirror's Edge, The Darkness, Under The Skin, and Fear Effect
June_1_2011.jpg

I haven't played any of these games before, I'm excited to try them out.

500 GB Hard Drive
June_3_2011.jpg

I needed more space badly on my launch 60 GB PS3.

isny

napkin dispenser
Last of the Blockbuster going out of business purchases for me. (Unless they decide to close more stores here in Canada at somepoint...)

The loose discs were $1.99 each and are in decent condition. Can't beat the price though. I'll just find some high res art and print the covers out.

The new items were 70% off, so $4 for MK, $3 for Running Man, $3 for Transporter, $4.50 for Transporter 2, and $2ish for Pokemon. The opened BR's were $3 each. (Wanted, Witch Mountain, and Juno)

Also, I picked up OOT, no photos though as seen enough =p

ilimo9.jpg
swve3l.jpg

wj8ccn.jpg

A few recent adds:

264782_905607118974_6312708_41412951_1803790_n.jpg

New Rei and Asuka Evangelion@School figures.

249447_901517534534_6312708_41344218_8376941_n.jpg

New Sonic standing next to Old Sonic (Old Sonic being the newest add).

262749_905609339524_6312708_41412992_5433732_n.jpg

New Nintendo Power, BlazBlue, Legend of Zelda, and Ridge Racer 3D.

isny

napkin dispenser
the_painted_bird said:
I know it's Lilo and Stitch but I swear it looks like it says Leroy and Stitch.

Edit: Oh

LOL, you win the internet sir. =)

They made 3 DTV movies and a TV show out of the original Lilo and Stitch. The DTV movies were Stitch! The Movie, Lilo and Stitch 2: Stitch has a Glitch, and finally Leroy and Stitch.

I really hope the re-release of the Beauty and the Beast DTV movies and the new Planes/Cars DTV movies don't sell well. The last thing we need is a resurgence of DTV crap. (Although with Stitch, I'll take anything I can get, even crap <3)

Bruiserk

Mexx said:

When people would post pictures of this in the thread earlier, I would be confused as to why there is a bunch of Nintendo logos around it. But now I see that it is just the protective wrapping around the game, thank you for clearing that up for me.

800pxIMG_8129.png

Shadows of the Damned (my mind is full of fuck right now and I LOVE it!), Bioshock2, PSN $, MTG 2012 (not shown), Me and the Devil Blues Book I, and a free local game magazine.

Still have to track down MatDB Book II and might get Alice:MR before this month ends.

iNvid02

not really a pickup, more of a borrowing. friend let me use it until the end of summer. should be enough time to complete zelda (first timer), and also decide if a 3DS is worth getting.

PLcEP.jpg

Great to be finally be posting in a pick up thread after many months of looking!
Here's June so far for me:

ttJ45.jpg

Got my Kindle 3G and lighted leather case. Been getting back into reading lately so it's nice to have. My favourite gadget in a long, long time.

iGxq3.jpg

Not all books are suited to Kindle however. Walking Dead Compendium 1 for zombie goodness and the Black/White Pokedex for tips on catching them all.

GWzSD.jpg

Protection for portable gaming. Game case takes 24 carts in a lovely compact design. I'm not crazy about the art on the 3DS case (it looks like a single piece but it's actually raised plastic) but it does the job and takes 6 more carts.

ZpcpU.jpg

Some DS/3DS games. There's the obligatory Zelda OoT, it's my first time playing it properly. Kingdom Hearts was a curiousity buy, and Amazon had a good price on DQIX. Yoshi's Island was the kingly sum of €5. I loved the SNES original so hopefully this is good.

KMfvx.jpg

Turtles Forever, Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths and the brilliant Tangled.

lTSiz.jpg

Finishing off with an XBLA pick-up. I love Magic but I mostly play with friends' decks. This might be the kicker to get me playing for real.

Oh hey a package just arrived.

TKONK.jpg

I can't resist playing with it, I just hope I don't scratch the screen before I get the protectors on tonight.

isny said:
LOL, you win the internet sir. =)

They made 3 DTV movies and a TV show out of the original Lilo and Stitch. The DTV movies were Stitch! The Movie, Lilo and Stitch 2: Stitch has a Glitch, and finally Leroy and Stitch.

I really hope the re-release of the Beauty and the Beast DTV movies and the new Planes/Cars DTV movies don't sell well. The last thing we need is a resurgence of DTV crap. (Although with Stitch, I'll take anything I can get, even crap <3)

Unless I'm mistaken, Lilo and Stitch 2 ignores the TV show altogether and is just a straight-up sequel to the movie.

Beats

PC arrived today from NCIX.

n6wXR.jpg

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Quad Core 3.2Ghz
MSI GeForce GTX 460 Fermi Cyclone OC 1GB
Fractal Design Define R3 Titanium Case

Plus the other stuff.

8vKW3.jpg

Samsung 23" Monitor

MYE

Skel1ingt0n said:

5854113835_aa7c9cc1da_b.jpg

OH MAN! I want a red Wiirmote so bad

Rich!

Digital-Hero said:
Holy crap that poster brings back some good memories. LOL "Coming soon" :D

Heh and I've got a blank Club Nintendo registration card too, with a print date of December 1992. I might send it off just for a laugh, see if anything happens.

I'm a member anyway, but I'd put it under my girlfriend's name or something.

Cheska

DSC00357.jpg

DSC00359.jpg

DSC00362.jpg

DSC00360.jpg

DSC00363.jpg

DSC00372.jpg

DSC00368.jpg

Favorite pick up of the month: New iPad 2 case! <3 <3 The smart cover was slipping off, so decided to look into something better.

kairu

Been teaching myself how to do some leatherworking. Got some leatherworking tools

leatherworking-tools.jpg

New wallet as a result.

wallet-3.jpg

wallet-2.jpg

wallet-1.jpg

Also made a camera strap.

camerastrap.jpg

wbopcz.jpg

Shadows of the Damned is fucking amazing. You all need to buy it.

1f6nk.jpg

These shoes are spooning my feet, I love them so much. You win Sidney Crosby, you win this battle.

Top Bottom