• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Mafia |OT6| The Conversation is to Die for (Signups are now OPEN)

Burbeting

Banned
LD4OQhK.png

Pokémon Mafia |OT| Gotta Catch Em’ Scum!
(Banner is made by Gaffer Haly)

Amount of players: 23
Closed set-up, but with some mechanics/roles revealed in the opening post.

“Hello there! Welcome to the world of pokémon! My name is Oak! People call me the pokémon Prof! This world is inhabited by creatures called pokémon! For some people, pokémon are pets. Others use them for fights. Myself...I study pokémon as a profession.”

Welcome to the world of Pokémon! It’s a world where 10-year old children leave their home and start wandering the world all by themselves without any source of food, or protection from evil criminals roaming in the streets and the bushes. Why do they do this? Why, to battle all sorts of blood-thirsty predators and monsters, of course! Luckily, no fatalities of human children have been reported… at least so far. It’s little hard to tell, with there being just one Officer Jenny in this whole vast world of Pokémon.

Still, even in this dangerous environment, some people emerge as Pokémon masters. They battle each other with their Pokémon, and defeat evil crime syndicates along the way. The Pokémon themselves seem to be happy enough about serving their human masters towards their selfish needs.

This is a tale of one separate incident inside this vast, strange land of many continents…

In the isolated island of “NeoGAF”, there lived whole bunch of Pokémon in peace and harmony. There were some human trainers in this weird, yellow-black-ball shaped island, but other than that, the creatures were able to mind their own business. But that was about to change, as the evil Team Rocket arrived. Their purpose was to kill all of the Pokémon there, just to sell them off for some meager cash.

“This simply won’t do!” So the Pokémon thought by themselves, and the time for a great battle was about to begin. But the Pokémons weren’t exactly the smartest of the bunch, so there was no way of knowing who was good and who was evil from simply looking at them…

And little did the Pokémon know, Team Rocket weren’t the only new inhabitants on this island

---

The Most Important Stuff:

Welcome to Pokémon mafia, a game of Mafia set on the theme of Pokémon. The game is a closed-set up, so the roles aren’t known at the beginning of the game. However, there are few exceptions:

1. There will be multiple Pokémon trainers in this game, who can use their Pokéballs to capture Pokémon to their team. If a Pokémon is caught, they will be informed with a PM about it, coupled with complimentary information.

2. This game is a Cosplay Game. All players will have a named role, and all players who need one, will be given a safe claim name to use.

3. The town sided players are titled “Pokémon living in the island”.
The scum sided players are titled “Team Rocket members”.
Any existing or not-existing neutral/other sided players would be titled something outside of this.

---

Pokémon in the NeoGAF island:

1. roytheone [m]
2. Sophia [f]
3. Dusk Soldier [m]
4. Blargonaut [m]
5. Bronx-Man [m]
6. Ty4on [m]
7. SalvaPot [m]
8. Fireblend [m]
9. Royal_Flush [m]
10. Darryl [m]
11. El Topo [m]
12. melonrabbit [f]
13. Unmasked Ferret [m]
14. Gorlak [m]
15. Sawneeks [f]
16. Hyperactivity [m]
17. Lone_Prodigy [m]
18. Ynnek7 [m]
19. StanleyPalmtree [m]
20. Kawl_USC [m]
21. nin1000 [m]
22. Verelios [m]
23. Christina Mackenzie [m]

---

Ordinary role PM:

Welcome to NeoGAF Island, full of wonderous Pokémon. What type of Pokémon might you be…?
Oh, I remember now!

You are *Teddiursa* (#216), a Normal Type Pokémon!
You are aligned with Pokémon living in the Island (which means TOWN).

Sadly, you don’t have any special powers. But you can vote!

You can also be caught by the Pokémon trainer into a Pokéball. If this happens, you will be informed with a PM.

You will win, if all of the forces that may disrupt the town are defeated!

Game thread is here: (link added later)

NOTE: *Teddiursa is just an example Pokémon name, and won’t actually be used during the game. However, all ordinaries will be Normal-type Pokémon.

Burbeting

Banned
Phase lengths and starting time for Pokémon?

3/2 phases for start. Phase start times will be 10PM Finland time (so around 8PM London time, I think? Or 7PM).

Game's starting time will depend on when it will be filled. In general, once the game is filled, it will most likely start 1-2 days after that.

Ty4on

3/2 phases for start. Phase start times will be 10PM Finland time (so around 8PM London time, I think? Or 7PM).

Game's starting time will depend on when it will be filled. In general, once the game is filled, it will most likely start 1-2 days after that.
Oh, I was wondering when it was starting up. I'm nocturnal so pretty much any time would do for me :p

Sign me up. I might not be as active as the last games, but with those longer days I should be fine.

Fuck it, I'm in. Should there be more demand than capacity I'm willing to drop
since I then have less stuff distracting me from university :p

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
WE ALL LIVE IN A POKEMON WORLD
(PO-KE-MON)
I WANNA BE THE GREATEST MASTER OF THEM ALL
(THE GREATEST MASTER)

This is not a sign up post.

Sawneeks

Banned
Hmmmmmmmm that pokeball mechanic sounds really cool...

And I really want to Lynch Cabot...

What the hell, sign me up!

Edit: however if the game fills up and more people want to play they can have my spot since I was just in Price is Right. c:

That was relatively quick. Is there going to be another game running as well...?

Put me on subs if there isn't. I'll be a bit salty as well and complain that a several month period of single games with short sign up periods is less than ideal. Would be nice if we could distribute players like main season or run more games.

Sorian

Banned
That was relatively quick. Is there going to be another game running as well...?

Put me on subs if there isn't. I'll be a bit salty as well and complain that a several month period of single games with short sign up periods is less than ideal. Would be nice if we could distribute players like main season or run more games.

Overwatch mafia is next! But yeah, it'll be after or overlapped with the tail end of pokemon.

Sawneeks

Banned

You can take my spot if you want. c:

Having just been in Price is Right I'm more than willing to sit out and let somebody else play.

roytheone

My record is worse than Ash's. I need a win. Please sign me up, Burb.
shocked_owl.gif

Having just been in Price is Right I'm more than willing to sit out and let somebody else play.

But but but.... The dream team :(

Can you imagine what would happen if we were on the same team AND I lynch fireblend? The universe would tremble with how big that victory would be!

Appreciate the offer but it's not necessary. I'm going to be busy with Persona anyway so probably better I'm not in a game.

Want to field the complaint though. I know people had issues with doctor as well. I appreciate giving people time to recharge and avoid burnout but on the opposite end it is very easy to end up left out and for a very long time.

Top Bottom