• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Mafia |OT6| The Conversation is to Die for (Signups are now OPEN)

roytheone

As the Price is Right is getting ready to wrap up, and Pokemon Mafia gets ready to begin, we're starting to see Season 7 looming in the distance, so here's an announcement.

If you are planning to submit a game for the Season 7 main season, you MUST have a spreadsheet submitted to me before Pokemon Mafia ends. We will not be taking main season submissions past that point*.

If you have any questions regarding this, please let me know.

*In the unlikely event that something happens to make Pokemon end really early, we'll re-evaluate the deadline at that time.

You still have access to my spreadsheet through the discord channel, right? I assume that is also ok.

RetroMG

You still have access to my spreadsheet through the discord channel, right? I assume that is also ok.

That's OK, but I need you to directly tell me when you're ready for review.

The real bottom line here is that I would like people to tell me directly, either through PM or direct message on Discord, when they are ready for their games to be reviewed. I'd love to say that I'm constantly watching this thread, or your various planning boards and chats, but hey, school has started and BabyMG is six weeks away, so there's a very good chance that I will miss something if you don't call it directly to my attention. Once things have settled into a more definite rhythm, things will be better, but I'm juggling a lot of balls right now.

Sawneeks

Banned
As someone who is getting into Mafia a bit, what's a good game to read through?

You're going to get a good mix of answers but it just depends on how much you want to read and how crazy you want to start off.

Season 3 has some good games across the board but you'll be reading anywhere from 60 pages to 100 pages.

Season 4 is if you want to see how weird/crazy things can be. I can't quite remember how Night Vale went ( or Werewolf 1 ) but read Harry Potter if you want to see some crazy Power Role madness and Werewolf 2 is good if you want to see a team fall apart because of a gambit. Both games have excellent Scum Teams to follow, even if neither won their game.

Season 5: Phoenix Wright is all-around fun to read and you get to see the best victory out there. Princess is a very relaxed game with a very murderous Town side while Love Boat is fun to read because of the Partner mechanic ( every player was in a chat with 1 other person. Everyone was basically a Mason except for Scum ) and how that changed some things up.

Would recommend Phoenix or Princess to start, although you can jump in Season 4 if you want to go down the rabbit hole right away. We also have some mid season games that range from normal ( Gafia 1, 2, and 2.5 ) to off the deep end ( Volcano Island ) but I can't seem to find the list for those...

We will also be having a new game start soon if you want to give it a shot! c:

213372bu

Banned
You're going to get a good mix of answers but it just depends on how much you want to read and how crazy you want to start off.

Season 3 has some good games across the board but you'll be reading anywhere from 60 pages to 100 pages.

Season 4 is if you want to see how weird/crazy things can be. I can't quite remember how Night Vale went ( or Werewolf 1 ) but read Harry Potter if you want to see some crazy Power Role madness and Werewolf 2 is good if you want to see a team fall apart because of a gambit. Both games have excellent Scum Teams to follow, even if neither won their game.

Season 5: Phoenix Wright is all-around fun to read and you get to see the best victory out there. Princess is a very relaxed game with a very murderous Town side while Love Boat is fun to read because of the Partner mechanic ( every player was in a chat with 1 other person. Everyone was basically a Mason except for Scum ) and how that changed some things up.

Would recommend Phoenix or Princess to start, although you can jump in Season 4 if you want to go down the rabbit hole right away. We also have some mid season games that range from normal ( Gafia 1, 2, and 2.5 ) to off the deep end ( Volcano Island ) but I can't seem to find the list for those...

We will also be having a new game start soon if you want to give it a shot! c:

Season 2 - Animal Crossing (71 pages on 50ppp) and Season 3 - Archer (87 pages), would be my recommendations for first time read through :>

Though, every game is really fun and has their own ... quirks.

Hope you will enjoy
and jooooooinnnnnnnnnn
Thanks!

Sorian

Banned
People always say NX is a joke suggestion but it you are wanting something that'll distract you for awhile, it really gives pretty much everything our community is known for wrapped up in one game.

That said though, I'm biased so read Phoenix Wright and bask in the glory of perfect balance.

hobo-laughs.gif

roytheone

That's OK, but I need you to directly tell me when you're ready for review.

The real bottom line here is that I would like people to tell me directly, either through PM or direct message on Discord, when they are ready for their games to be reviewed. I'd love to say that I'm constantly watching this thread, or your various planning boards and chats, but hey, school has started and BabyMG is six weeks away, so there's a very good chance that I will miss something if you don't call it directly to my attention. Once things have settled into a more definite rhythm, things will be better, but I'm juggling a lot of balls right now.

My game is in a phase where I don't think it is ready for final review yet, but I wouldn't mind some fresh eyes on it.

Gorlak

Banned
As someone who is getting into Mafia a bit, what's a good game to read through?

I recommend NX, it is the best game ever. This is not a joke.

Personally I was drawn into this community by the glorious Cthulhu :) Enjoy the madness.

And being a part of it - Harry Potter was very entertaining, I don't know how it was to watch though.

All three are crazy type games, you may be looking for something different, but these are the kind of games I love to read.

*Splinter

The very first game is also a good demonstration of Mafia, even if it's a little quieter / less crazy than most of our games. It's shorter too

RetroMG

Personally I was drawn into this community by the glorious Cthulhu :) Enjoy the madness.

Cthulu is such a weird thing to me in retrospect. Logically, I know I played in it. I remember certain moments, like reading the thread on my phone in the mall when Nin posted his "Sorry for being rubbish" post and ranting about it to my wife. (WifeMG was shoe shopping. I was tagging along.) But when I go back and read that thread, it's like watching someone else in a RetroMG costume. I don't remember typing any of it.

Animal Crossing is my vote, and my personal favorite.

Cthulhu is the funnest read for me.

Animal Crossing and Election are what I would recommend as all around balanced games though. AC starts off slow but really picks up.

what are the season 7 game themes?

You have three Ferret run choices to choose from.

1. Welcome to the Dreamlandsame (aka Cthulhu Mafia 2): Almost nobody votes sober, unless they happen to be insane

2. Dresden Files Mafia: Lynching will never die! (Or The building was on fire, and it wasn't scum's fault)

3. Mobile Suit Gundam Mafia: A Newtype of town

7.5 is also filled with Ferret Presents fun times including but not limited to:

Might Morphin Power Rangers Mafia: It's Lynching Time!

Foundation Trilogy Mafia: Following Psychohistoric trends

Futurama Mafia: Sponsored by Slurm

And Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep Mafia: Running with Blades

I have no idea.

Sorian

Banned

1. Welcome to the Dreamlandsame (aka Cthulhu Mafia 2): Almost nobody votes sober, unless they happen to be insane

2. Dresden Files Mafia: Lynching will never die! (Or The building was on fire, and it wasn't scum's fault)

I have no idea.

I expect you are working on all of these?

Sawneeks

Banned

I have no idea.

Can I reserve my spot ahead of time?

Sophia

I thought about running Kamen Rider Mafia at one point, but I have a feeling not many would be interested in that. >_>;

I expect you are working on all of these?

... Yeah sure.

Can I reserve my spot ahead of time?

Yes.

Reserve your spot in any Season of Ferret game now and recieve a free T-SHIRT*

Must pay $5.00 for shipping and handling to recieve T-SHIRT

I thought about running Kamen Rider Mafia at one point, but I have a feeling not many would be interested in that. >_>;

Go for it anyway. The worst that could happen is that it doesn't run or ends up like Danny Phantom.

RetroMG

If someone decides to do this, you had sure as hell better involve me somewhere. Heck, if I have time post-baby, I might even design it. The theme is generic enough that knowing the books wouldn't even matter. Just cross Mafia and Werewolf and you're good.

When are one of you clods gonna make a Steven Universe Mafia already

I know nothing about this show, so go for it! Just make sure you don't get banned before it runs! ;)

This is what I'm currently tracking as potential games for Season 7. None of the games have gone to mods for full review yet, this is just what I know people are working on.

Animal Crossing 2
Persona
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Vampire: The Masquerade
The Witcher
Some kind of Blargonaut Game, Probably

If I've missed someone, I apologize. Let me know privately, and I'll update this post.

Top Bottom