• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Azura

photo-2.jpg

Well its still early; Samurai Champloo & Ponyo on BluRay and Final Fantasy XIII

LiK

wat. getting stuff from overseas is such a gamble. the box was pretty much crushed on the sides including the top and bottom flaps. good thing the inner contents and the bonus lithographs are fine. i hate you postal industry.

FFXIII_LE.jpg

and the faceplate...

FFXIII_faceplate.jpg

Baconbitz

Banned
73928937-5e827f3cee9c737a2862a21dce.jpg

Something is wrong with this. When I try to make the screen larger I get an error and it plays like Sonic the hedgehog on speed.

Finally, Yakuza 3! I <3 SEGA, especially in 2010. Took a pass on FFXIII to try FF11. Proper MMOs are new to me, so I'm anxious to give this a whirl.

march1.jpg

I also got the arcade cabinet I've dreamt of for ~20 years: a Neo-Geo 4-slot MVS. It was in surprisingly awesome condition. All it needs is a touch of black paint on the front panel, and new EL panels for the marquee lights. I installed brand new convex Happ buttons (thanks to Lizard Lick) to replace the old stock convex ones.

march2.jpg

Here are the carts that came alongside, though I figure at least a couple are bootlegs (seems to be hard to avoid for MVS games). Cool set, nonetheless.

march3.jpg

vejas

Banned
oracrest said:
My Mother 3 edition micro came in :D :D My favorite splurge in a long time.

IMG_0266.jpg

Did you get this off of ebay because I was eyeing one just last week but the bidding went to high for me.

Toy Soldier said:
I also got the arcade cabinet I've dreamt of for ~20 years: a Neo-Geo 4-slot MVS. It was in surprisingly awesome condition. All it needs is a touch of black paint on the front panel, and new EL panels for the marquee lights. I installed brand new convex Happ buttons (thanks to Lizard Lick) to replace the old stock convex ones.

march2.jpg

Lucky bastard! I might be picking up a Marvel vs Street Fighter cabinet on Saturday... Need to find/make room for it though. Can't pass on it for $250 though.

skads_187

I'm a little late with some of this stuff, and its not the greatest pick (first time post in this thread)
finally canceled my dell order of heavy rain cause it was taking so long to ship, bought it used locally.

Picture008.jpg

Dreweyes

Got FFXIII at Toys'R'Us, came with a free $13 gift card!

And all the SNK PS2 games were in the clearence bin for $5 each!! :D
Don't sleep on this deal, GAF!

2010-03-11201749.jpg

outsidah

CoachKevin said:
Lucky bastard! I might be picking up a Marvel vs Street Fighter cabinet on Saturday... Need to find/make room for it though. Can't pass on it for $250 though.

You *need* to pick that up for $250. I have wanted an arcade cab for a very long time but I simply don't have the space for one right now. I would love a Neo cab just for the game switching abilities (the quick swap nature of it). I owned a SuperNova or whatever they are called before and it was awesome... it just looked terrible having all those things hanging loose.

Mafro

Some of my recent stuff:

A Life Well Wasted episode 2 poster, printed on very high quality paper
DSCF0650.jpg

Grey sock for my DSi
DSCF0654.jpg

Games & Blu-rays
DSCF0656.jpg

The Astro Boy figure was a birthday present, it lights up :O
DSCF0657.jpg

YES
DSCF0661.jpg

Turnstyle

£3.99 from Play! Already have in the DS, but couldn't resist.

Mushroom Men has a bit of a following on here, so thought I'd give it a go. I picked up Dangerous Adventures so I could shoot bears in the face.

Top two games were £9 each, bottom two £8.50 for both. Ace!

Wanted one for years. 2010 is that year. Helllooooo headaches!!!

Gouken

Banned
KingHenrik30 said:
Where are you located? I'm in NY right now and it's not coming up in the App store for me

you serious? I'm in Brazil with an American iTunes app account and i downloaded the game. impressed by how well it's made and how good it plays! good job capcom!

outsidah said:
You *need* to pick that up for $250. I have wanted an arcade cab for a very long time but I simply don't have the space for one right now. I would love a Neo cab just for the game switching abilities (the quick swap nature of it). I owned a SuperNova or whatever they are called before and it was awesome... it just looked terrible having all those things hanging loose.

95% chance that I will. Looks pretty awesome:
mvsf2.jpg

mvsf1.jpg

Edit: I need it to fit in my 2010 Rav4. Is it OK to lay the cabinet on its back or side?

suffah

Does maths and stuff
I'm super happy with this pickup that came in the mail this week....I didn't even bother to take pics of the FF13 stuff.

Set of both Vol 1 DAC's...

box.jpg

I built Empress, will leave DJ Troopers sealed for now. It's even more amazing IRL. The details blow me away.

box2.jpg

suffah said:
I'm super happy with this pickup that came in the mail this week....I didn't even bother to take pics of the FF13 stuff.

Set of both Vol 1 DAC's...

box.jpg

I built Empress, will leave DJ Troopers sealed for now. It's even more amazing IRL. The details blow me away.

box2.jpg

Good pickup right thurr! :D

Top Bottom