• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Haven't posted in here in a long time so here goes!

Rangers Track Jacket for St. Patrick's day kegs and eggs in Albany this weekend
IMG_0123.jpg

Great Video Games
IMG_0121.jpg

Great Album, these guys rock, rock and roll
4year.jpg

Couple of apps (including the one that took these photos, saw another user on here did that as well and got it, to whoever that was, thanks man!)
shakeitapp.jpg
sf4app.jpg

And, a picture of my room in my new apartment!
IMG_0119.jpg

Also I forgot this other pick up. I was in a Toys R Us near work today and saw a huge bin of games. Tons of king of fighter PS2 collections and some seemingly decent PS2 games for cheap.

Saw about 5 copies of Samba de Amigo for $5. I couldn't pass it up:
img0179cz.jpg

Arsenic

KingHenrik30 said:
And, a picture of my room in my new apartment!
IMG_0119.jpg
Just being nosey, but is that the state flag for NY on your wall?
And to further add to my nosiness, those look like city lights out your window. Reminds me of brooklyn lol

Arsenic said:
Just being nosey, but is that the state flag for NY on your wall?
And to further add to my nosiness, those look like city lights out your window. Reminds me of brooklyn lol

Haha yes it is!

I live in Queens actually, Woodside which is close to Brooklyn, this is the view from my room:

9030_539757150533_35201216_32235853.jpg

Foxix Von

2j16a6u.jpg

10 days in and it's already a good month :D

Edit: I guess I should specify. I just realized that the FFVII in the middle there looks like a guide or something but it's actually the PC version.

sadromeo

Again, thanks PalaceBrother!

Congrats on your six years! It must be a wonderful marriage to last that long :)

@Chairman
Congrats! Switzerland is a beautiful place no doubt! It is great just knowing there are other precious memories of Switzerland other than just being there!

Yeah, I realized it after I put the picture online and my fiancee said the same thing LOL!

Majine

Banned
BanShunsaku said:
My copy of Yakuza 3 arrived :D

Paper sleeve for the bonus disk is a bit cheap, but I'm just glad to be playing it finally :D

What, why do they even have an extra disc anyway? Blu-ray ftw?

Songbird

Prodigal Son
It's been a good couple of weeks, and this is my first pickup post too!

Scarily big pic, so just a thumbnail link. :D

Thnikkaman said:
It's been a good couple of weeks, and this is my first pickup post too!

Scarily big pic, so just a thumbnail link. :D

Holy shit, is that Gunman Chronicles? Awesome pick up if so, I loved that game back in the day.

lolzax.jpg

Brand new 23 inch 1080p monitor (which is now connected to my PS3), some cheap Logitech speakers which work surprisingly good, and of course FF13 and Yakuza 3 :D

I only played about an hour of Yakuza, it's pretty solid, but I just hit the 14 hour mark in FF13 and it's getting really good!

burgerdog

Picked up a 2010 Panny Plasma: TCP50G25

vqu0l0.jpg

Picture is amazing on this thing, watched/played a bunch of things on it yesterday and everything looked great.

-

360 FF13 Faceplate, I managed to nab this when Best Buy messed up and put it up for $9.99.
x7e35.jpg

burgerdog

Majine said:
Nice, only 10 bucks for a piece of plastic. You sure showed them. :lol

I'm guessing you missed this in the OP?

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Arsenic

KingHenrik30 said:
Haha yes it is!

I live in Queens actually, Woodside which is close to Brooklyn, this is the view from my room:

9030_539757150533_35201216_32235853.jpg
Ahh you got a view on the city. nice! and you're about 10 mins from where I live, tops.

This is the view on from my apt. looking towards JFK

IMG00103-20100311-1612.jpg

MarshMellow96 said:
There's something a little off about that FF faceplace...

The 'on' button is placed rather conveniently :lol
"Please press the power button to turn on"

Arsenic

IMG00104-20100311-1614.jpg

I got Heavy Rain and Valkyria Chronicles at the end of last month, but I thought I should include them anyways :). Final Fantasy came in the mail today.

IMG00105-20100311-1615.jpg

Okami Art book I got yesterday. Amazon is now sold out of them. But man what memories this book brought back to the table. It wasn't long ago I completed the game but it does cover every character and location and even locations that were cut from the game (surprised they cut anything). Everything gets a background info through a comment from the artist. most of them are hilarious.

Heres the ideas of making Amaterasu :

IMG00106-20100311-1615.jpg

Great book :D

More Dreamcast Pick Ups arrived today:
img0180e.jpg

And a new media rack from Target. Really nice for $30! I am going to pick up another one tomorrow.

img0183tj.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Swan M200MkIIIs

wqt05w.png

Epic picture angle used in attempt to make them look as cool as they sound.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
A "new" (used) motherboard for my Pentium 4 (that would've costed me 188 USD locally, and I bought for 50usd from hong kong):
caixa3.jpg

a "hand-me-down" PSU from a friend for my living room computer (Core2Duo 2.6 and a soon-to-arrive NVidia 9600):
thermaltake.jpg

Directional 16dbi (not really) Wireless antenna plus 1Watt Wireless signal Booster (which I've been told isn't entirely legal in the US?)
antennabooster.jpg

Buncha GAEMZ (Battlefield 2: Modern Combat was just so I could update my Battlefield Veteran Status from 5 to a 6):
games.jpg

A new Jasper 360 to play said games games, since my 2006 xenon red ringed ONCE AGAIN and I've had it with (plus Microsoft won't provide support for me since i didn't buy the Xenon in country and i have no proof of purchase, which i do for the new one):
jasper.jpg

There's some other useless crap that didn't arrive in the mail yet (cellphone chargers, a 4gb memory stick and something else i can't remember).

Oh, and books. Which didn't arrive yet.

Borman said:
Awesome, Im in my 4th year here. Any particular place you're going to?

Probably start downtown at McGeary's...in my younger days though it was Paulies/Cagneys...gonna get there early, throw 20 bucks in the jukebox for all the The Pogues, Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphys and Shane Macgowen songs that will buy me and then post up at the bar until my money runs out

Borman

I've managed to avoid Paulies, though I rarely venture too far downtown at this point, too poor hah. WT's does the trick for me at this point, though I haven't made plans for anything yet.

Borman said:
I've managed to avoid Paulies, though I rarely venture too far downtown at this point, too poor hah. WT's does the trick for me at this point, though I haven't made plans for anything yet.

I love WTs, it was always one of my favorites.

Top Bottom