• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Yay! Finished my Mega Blok Zaku II S!

megablokzaku01.jpg

megablokzaku02.jpg

megablokzaku03.jpg

megablokzaku04.jpg

glaurung

donkey show said:
Yay! Finished my Mega Blok Zaku II S!

*** Zaku diorama ***
Ha, that's awesome! Not something I'd ever consider purchasing though.

*glares at unfinished gunpla and Armored Core models

FoxSpirit

Well, I got myself a new Stereo setup. For the first time living on my own, real music :D

After long listening, I got the Epos M12i in Cherry. The tweeter is breaking in nicely, overall it's already pretty smooth. Still have to get used to it in extensive listening, I'll see how it goes. In worst case, I could upgrade to some more expensive Dyn's :p

Sound is very precise and snappy and has good body. I like them very much overall.

2ufxfdh.png
a41p1t.png

zl9ce9.png

Of course, that old 25W amp wasn't going to drive those, so I got this lil beast:

25hl9it.png

For the pricepoint it's said to be pretty much in it's own league.
And of course since I went from an integrated $250 system I also needed a nice CDP, the Yamaha CD-C600:

2jvbdu.png

Sounds good, takes USB sticks and you can change CDs while playing.

Ran me at €1500 total but sounds pretty sweet :D

Ikkarus

Bootaaay said:
Finally, should have had it Monday but I missed the postman :(

Where did you order the game from?
Only I havn't seen that design before for the case until now. It looks good!

Chairhome

sadromeo said:
Thanks PalaceBrother!

I proposed to her on "Chapel Bridge" in Switzerland and she said YES :)
Congrats! Interesting, I also proposed to my now wife in Zurich, Switzerland during a trip there.

And that pic you put up of the ring looked like it was lying on a rug made of skin. Just wanted to point that out. Enjoy!

U2NUMB

Good month so far.. no doubt my 2 favorite games this year.. BC2 and The Show

marchpup1.jpg

Also both hollywood videos are closing near me :( but they have amazing deals on games.. got all these for 20 bucks.

marchpup2.jpg

FHIZ

My spring break pick ups..

66yp2x.jpg

Gonna try and see if I can scrap enough cash together to get Bad Company 2 as well

wmjoeh.jpg

Note to those of you following Grant Morrison's Batman epic: The good is getting GOOD with this issue of B&R. The amount of detail and inspiration that Morrison pulls from other literature is INSANE. Bruce is on his way back, and I have a feeling this arc is going to pay off BIG.

sadromeo said:
Thanks PalaceBrother!

I proposed to her on "Chapel Bridge" in Switzerland and she said YES :)

Then congratulations are in order!

My wife and I just celebrated our sixth anniversary-we still talk about the proposal, and it sure as hell wasn't on any damn bridge. Well done sir.

Magni

VOOK said:
HeartGold[IMG][/QUOTE]

Part of me is jealous that you got it early, but then part of me is reassured that I'll be getting the Superior version :p

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2me2s12.png

7€, it's far from perfect but hard to resist at such a price :D

outsidah

Mercutio said:
I'm dying to know from an SF fan (whore). How does it work? Can you actually pull specials?

Not bad actually, specials do come out and the fights feel "solid" considering how limiting the control method is for this type of game.

Been doing a bit of shopping on eBay...

First off was an NES game lot for $19 shipped. Looking forward to some Shadowgate!

img0176qf.jpg

And again, continuing my Dreamcast obsession, I got a bunch of games from

Goozex (GOOZEX KICKS MAJOR ASS)
  • Sega Bass Fishing
  • Trickstyle
  • Aerowings
  • Fighting Force 2

and eBay:

• [*]Omikron ($9 shipped) (really looking forward to seeing what this is like compared to Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy)
  • Zombie Revenge ($10 shipped)
  • Mouse (New) $4 shipped
  • Typing of the Dead New ($8 shipped)

img0178ru.jpg

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Rockman 10 宇宙からの脅威!!

4423092275_a97ba7773c_b.jpg

Yakuza 3: More Bad Sega Cover Art Edition

4423092273_c0a9628b32_b.jpg

Did anyone else have trouble with Yakuza 3's pricing at Gamestop? Despite reserving it last month (online), they rang it up at $59.99. I got it for $54.99 in the end, but that's the first time that's ever happened.

mjc

145226d4.jpg

It's cool but the left leg's knee joint isn't connected properly and it's prone to falling off. Bummer city. :(

b6ztok.jpg

Not pictured: "Plastic Beach" by Gorillaz iTunes DL with the spiffy interactive menu.

My friend bought me NHL 10 as an early birthday gift because she wanted someone to play with and because she loves me. :lol

mjc

Sora_N said:
Kinda common with Revoltechs unfortunately. :(

Is there any kind of remedy, or would I have to glue something together? Its not that huge of an issue but it falls off pretty easily.

Sora_N

mjc said:
Is there any kind of remedy, or would I have to glue something together? Its not that huge of an issue but it falls off pretty easily.

Non-permanent method would be to just get a small piece of tissue and stuff it into the hole where the joint's going into, it may give the joint some more friction.

Alternatively you could put so superglue on the joint peg to give it a bit more width...and it should hold better. Some superglues melt or warp plastic so be careful if you try this. I sometimes use "Future Floor Wax/Finish" which is a clear acryllic solution for floors, it's safer on toy plastic (since it's not a glue) and it has worked sometimes for me. Future is just good for adding a layer of something to the part.

I say see if the tissue thing works first since if it doesn't you can always remove it. I find that if it doesn't fall of just by you looking at it then, probably not worth it to try gluing.

Top Bottom