• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Frester

terrdactycalsrock said:
Hey guys ive seen some of you buy some threadless shirts and my question is how big do they run because i can wear a large or an x-large depending on the brand

They have shirts that large, even larger I think. They have a sizing chart on their website.

Drame

10cqo04.jpg

BlazBlue Portable and 20€ PSN Card.

257zo6g.jpg

Bought SFIV Alternate Costumes and snagged the freebie Strikeforce missions.

Not pictured: Giant Bomb app for iPhone.

th3dude

Nice ebay pickup for me today :D

Japanese all-black micro with original packaging + case + EXTRA BLACK FACEPLATE (wasn't listed in auction) + complete EFA-Linker II.

DSCN0246.JPG

DSCN0248.JPG

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
3wsbul.jpg

The guy at the 7-11 didn't feel right selling me cups without the drink so he said I can have them for free. I felt bad so I gave him 2 bucks for the cost of the drink. Now time to get my Morpheus armor.

leng jai

crpav said:
Very nice and of course since it's NeoGAF, anything less then 2 copies is almost unheard of. I wish we here in America would of got a collectors edition of Final Fantasy XIII.

I bought the CE and returned it for the standard the next day.

Red Scarlet

Is the Gamecube version of Mega Man X Collection any good? I got that for $5 today along with a non-Player's Choice of REmake (I think that goes on ebay for a little more than $5).

Ecto311

DSC_0384.JPG

Since we didn't get to go I picked this up. Hope the video is better than the packaging - Looks like a high school graphic design class did this shit.

DSC_0386.JPG

Got this for the wife. She is looking to get a tattoo of something okami related. After looking at everything she still wants to go with the okamiden picture I found on a message board months ago.

DSC_0389.JPG

Not hard to tell what is for me and what is for the wife in this picture. She loves Gin.

Le-mo

I just want to rant. Tomba and Tomba 2 was going to be my most prized pick up of the decade. I was the highest bidder with 20 seconds left with $105 on Ebay and got outbid in the remaining seconds. FKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Ecto311

neopokekun said:
It's a homage to Epyx's old covers
summergames.jpg

Homage or not it looks like shit. The actual pictures are fine. The cover is made in a form of card board that has color bleeding all over. The inside is all broken because of the poor packing. Not one bubble of wrapping or packing p-nut was used to get it to me. I have yet to watch any of it so it might be awesome on the disc but the packaging and shipping suck and for $40 you expect it to look better than a wal-mart dvd packaging.

Not that I wanted/needed to rant or that many are picking this up (don't recall seeing it posted on here) but it is good to know if you are considering it.

hank_tree

Apologies for the crappy iPhone Pics.

Zone of the Enders 2 Premium Pack:

IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0681-1.jpg

IMG_0682-1.jpg

IMG_0683-1.jpg

IMG_0684-1.jpg

Also by a string of "hilarious" misunderstandings with UPS I've ended up with a few too many copies of Final Fantasy XIII:

IMG_0685-1.jpg

I love pickups! I'm addicted to pickups!

First from the closing blockbuster nearby - all $9 each.
CIMG0088.jpg

GaGa was $7 but Ace Attorney was full price - for the PAX plane trip and layovers.
CIMG0093.jpg

Best Cover Art-
CIMG0094.jpg

Worst 360 game history art- (seriously?? wtf)
1mdsb2JhbC9ECgUMGgEfVltRL2ljb24vMC8.jpg

Also from blockbuster -
CIMG0095.jpg

So are these -
CIMG0098.jpg

And again-
CIMG0097.jpg

I have the red mushroom on my desk at work already I thought the green would go well with it. I like the HTML book - got it basically free after that amazon SF20 art book snafu.
CIMG0100.jpg

And the Cure for this disease that is rapidly spreading -
500x_newgamecases.jpg

35 excellent condition 360/ps3/wii cases from blockbuster - 5/$1! I would have bought more but this is all they had that didn't have WWF/NASCAR/NFL/NBA stickers or other garbage on them. Oddly enough they would only sell me the cases, they wouldn't let me take the cover arts for the cases..
CIMG0101.jpg

This isn't my pickup, it's my roommate's cat he recently got, but I guess that means I can have fun with it without having to pay for it or clean out the poo box. Not the biggest cat person either.
CIMG0107.jpg

sifu

Neo Member
Ecto311 said:
DSC_0389.JPG

Not hard to tell what is for me and what is for the wife in this picture. She loves Gin.

That gin looks tasty...gonna search for that...i guess it will be difficult around here in germany finding something like that...

sam27368

Banned
Pick ups are becoming an addictive thing. I've got a list on my phone of titles I still want (going all the way back to PS1) which I'm after for the collection. But it sure as hell takes a chunk out of the pay cheque!

4447984702_363cebedc1_o.jpg

:D

4447210997_189efc436e_o.jpg

Heard alot of good critics about Thirst. And the LW-box has all four movies for only 10€. :O

4447984856_d748a745f7_o.jpg

4447211127_50d1ffc815_o.jpg

The new record of Yeasayer "Odd Blood". On vinyl with the whole record on CD.

4447211265_6c824c5ee1_o.jpg

I thought it was time to get it.

4447211329_79a8687234_o.jpg

diriSK

Neo Member
FFXIII and Collectors Edition Strategy Guide nr. 72377
P3200015.jpg

P3200013.jpg

Shadow of the Colossus Limited Edition
P3200017.jpg

ICO Limited Edition - Most beutiful game on the PS2
P3200019.jpg

P3200020.jpg

SonOfABeep, I hate to break it to you, but you got ripped by Blockbuster. If you had gone out to their trash dumpster the night before garbage pickup in the area they woulda had those cases just sitting there in boxes just waiting to pickup. Heck, usually if you just ask them inside the store they'll let you take as many as you'd like from the back counter that are just waiting to be tossed. Sounds like your store has some enterprising entrepreneurs :lol

Valkyr Junkie said:
SonOfABeep, I hate to break it to you, but you got ripped by Blockbuster. If you had gone out to their trash dumpster the night before garbage pickup in the area they woulda had those cases just sitting there in boxes just waiting to pickup. Heck, usually if you just ask them inside the store they'll let you take as many as you'd like from the back counter that are just waiting to be tossed. Sounds like your store has some enterprising entrepreneurs :lol

Well, I'd pay $9 to not have to rummage through the dumpster. I don't know about you. Yuck! Not to mention I probably wouldn't want them if they were going to be from the dumpster. 5/$1 is fair, I think. Especially since these aren't normal DVD cases.

Also I'm hoping generation kill is great, it's by the wire guys and I love love loved that show. Also it was only $20. A fair price, and they only had one copy left. No point in waiting for it to be $15 and it being gone.

MYE

2a69yfo.jpg

2mwzdwg.jpg

346p2tv.jpg

-Silent Hill Shattered Memories. I'm loving it so far :D

-Guns N' Roses Greatest Hits

-Brand new M-Tech Gear Knob. So comfy :D

I was gonna wait for God of War 3 and Tag Force 4 to arrive but eh.
I also forgot to take a picture of the handbreak italian-leather gaiter i bought for my car. Its not really an intersting thing to look at anyway :p

Bii

The US never got LE releases of ICO or Shadow of the Colossus. :(

4448502412_b51d6bb40c_o.jpg

Pokemon HeartGold. Nintendo DS. $35.
Pardon the pun, but here's my evolution of the Pokemon games. Granted, I didn't include Diamond since the case is MIA, FireRed was lent to my brother, and Ruby is, well, we can just forget about that amirite!? Gold was my favorite of all the games and HeartGold looks like it'll replace it.

4447727635_82306c4843_o.jpg

4447727807_61c719e61b_o.jpg

Pokemon SoulSilver. Nintendo DS. $33.
Ho-Oh & Lugia Figurines. Bonus Pre-Orders. Free.
Bought SoulSilver for my cousin so we can play together.

4447727923_a5151b2a8c_o.jpg

Kerropi. Wind-Up Toy.
Received this as a small gift from the lady while we were at the Sanrio store in SF's Japan Center Kintetsu Mall.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
EoJHawk.jpg

Yes, Warhawk with the lovely Jabra BT135 headset and The Eye Of Judgement with the Playstation Eye. Want to know how much I paid for them both? Wait for it..

£12, or $18.02 each

You'd think I would feel bad, but you'd be wrong. <3 CEX, always on hand for awesome random deals.

elohel

Stop It said:
EoJHawk.jpg

Yes, Warhawk with the lovely Jabra BT135 headset and The Eye Of Judgement with the Playstation Eye. Want to know how much I paid for them both? Wait for it..

£12, or $18.02 each

You'd think I would feel bad, but you'd be wrong. <3 CEX, always on hand for awesome random deals.

EOJ ruulles

cant believe u got em for that cheap

Anth0ny

Haven't had the chance to pick up FFXIII or GOW3 yet (simply because I've been busy, or every store I walked into had them for $69 bucks, and I'm not about to spend that much on them).

lxj0z.jpg

KOF XII from a Master Ninja from the "FREE to a good home" thread :D

6qia9j.jpg

Picked up Soul Silver with the Lugia toy on Sunday. Also, managed to snatch a copy of the Japanese version of Yellow for $10 with the box, manual and map in tact!

fjkrko.jpg

My new Famicom Micro, chilling with the Famicom Mini: Super Mario Bros I got a couple of years back.

wvy6h1.jpg

Dragon Box vol 2 and a bunch of One Piece volumes. Video quality on the Dragon Box is simply amazing :D

of55ax.jpg

Last but not least, I picked up some new furniture. I can finally place all the consoles around the TV without having to move shit around :D

Not Pictured: Megaman 10, shelf for Games/DVDs (got it with the table, forgot to take a pic >_> )

suikodan

851fea70.jpg

God of War 3
Pokémon SoulSilver (for me)
BF: BC2 French version so no Limited Version for me. Wonder what will happen with the free DLC?
Pokémon HeartGold (for my newcomer in the series, my gf ;)
FFXIII

Hopefully March will end soon so no more games to buy :p

darkvir

march.jpg

Huge month...

FFXIII + CE Guide, GoW3, Infinite Space, Yakuza 3 & Resonance of Fate

Ponyo (BR) and my all time fav anime Cowboy Bebop Redux Version

Top Bottom