• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

2010marpickups14.jpg

2010marpickups15-1.jpg

2010marpickups10.jpg

2010marpickups11.jpg

2010marpickups16.jpg

2010marpickups13.jpg

2010marpickups12-1.jpg

2010marpickups17.jpg

2010marpickups18.jpg

Definitely going to hit it up with at least some top coat and panel lining later. Just wanting to see how silly/awesome it would look. :lol

mug

DSC-TX7 ... fantastic camera so far. Feels good to finally own a capable camera that fits in the pocket. Highly recommended for amateurs.

r1z9mh.jpg

Tiduz

Eurogaime
im gonna buy that tx7, watched a vid and its awesome. my dslr doesnt take pics in low light, it just makes a weird noise that its trying to focus and does nothing. and its macro sux (sony alpha 100) plus i want a compact cam as a secondary one, seems perfect :D

Damn Black Dynamite and Gundam Unicorn are out? I need to get up on those.

Picked up this bad boy today...about 4-5 days before official launch date? :D :lol

HTC HD2 MINE!!!

Gouken

Banned
FrankNitty said:
Damn Black Dynamite and Gundam Unicorn are out? I need to get up on those.

Picked up this bad boy today...about 4-5 days before official launch date? :D :lol

HTC HD2 MINE!!!

nice, congrats man! ...but you do know that the HD2 will no longer be upgradable to Windows 7 right? so you're only stuck with Win 6.5

huge screen, love it, congrats again.

NomarTyme

Gouken said:
nice, congrats man! ...but you do know that the HD2 will no longer be upgradable to Windows 7 right? so you're only stuck with Win 6.5

huge screen, love it, congrats again.
Not really a big deal.

naib

Forgive crappy Droid/Milestone pics...

kVQ9y.jpg

New "Swopper" chair.

Not sure if it's going to live at home(shown here) or at work. I've been using it in front of the PC and playing guitar.
It's bouncy and leany. Like a balance ball chair, but a little less stupid looking. It's supa dope.

w1BrY.jpg

Dyson DC14(box is beat to shit, but it's as new as they get), Shark steamer thingy for the faux hardwood, Wad of Gore 3, and my $18 pomade.

Bigger month than usual. B-Day coming up. ;)

honestly the whole windows 7 thing doesnt bother me. for me 6.5 is more then functional ane the sense ui does a really good job of making 6.5 even more usable. plus i figure if i have to have 7 the guys over at xda will probably come up with something soon.

lol hell I'm coming from an Xperia and a G1, so the improvement hardware wise is more then worth it to me. going to sell my G1 and Xperia tomorrow

Tiduz said:
im gonna buy that tx7, watched a vid and its awesome. my dslr doesnt take pics in low light, it just makes a weird noise that its trying to focus and does nothing. and its macro sux (sony alpha 100) plus i want a compact cam as a secondary one, seems perfect :D

Yeah, the low-light performance on the TX7 is nuts. It has a lot of incredible hand-held shooting modes that produce excellent night-shots. The video recording is also incredible, and if you shoot in AVCHD the videos on the memory card can be played natively on the PS3 like a BD movie with separate chapters for each clip. I haven't tried the 720P MP4 mode to see if shooting deinterlaced has any effect on quality. I'm just kinda burned that if I had waited a month instead of buying the thing on Day 1, I coulda saved about $60 on Amazon. :lol

Here's one of my favorite night shots that I took during the Rolex 24 this year.
http://i40.tinypic.com/10comxc.jpg

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Valkyr Junkie said:
Yeah, the low-light performance on the TX7 is nuts. It has a lot of incredible hand-held shooting modes that produce excellent night-shots. The video recording is also incredible, and if you shoot in AVCHD the videos on the memory card can be played natively on the PS3 like a BD movie with separate chapters for each clip. I haven't tried the 720P MP4 mode to see if shooting deinterlaced has any effect on quality. I'm just kinda burned that if I had waited a month instead of buying the thing on Day 1, I coulda saved about $60 on Amazon. :lol

Here's one of my favorite night shots that I took during the Rolex 24 this year.
http://i40.tinypic.com/10comxc.jpg

wow yeah thats perfect, im definately getting one, i also have a cheapass sanyo hd cam but this is so much better :lol

Hieberrr

Sorry for the shitty cell phone camera quality :(

psy0k.jpg

Such an awesome book. $16 retail, but with a $8 gift card, I got this for $8! YESSS :D

mug

Tiduz said:
Yeah it's my first Cybershot as I used to be a die hard Powershot user however the 1080p video was my main reason for purchase. The cam is awesome for lowlight and I was blown away by the miniature size of the camera.

Gouken said:
that's bad ass, you make me want one...

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...oductId=8198552921666073335#additionalImage1"

any idea if the touch screen is capacitive or resistive?
Capacitive and fairly responsive. Also I bought it @ Amazon for $360 shipped.

lantus

246t7c9.jpg
bgz8t1.jpg

Sony Vaio F Series laptop specs,
16.4" 1080P screen
Intel Core i7 720QM
6GB DDR3 memory
NVidia Geforce GT 330M
500GB HDD

sb0aia.jpg

28hlcva.jpg
14k8678.jpg

And just for clarification, I only purchased the laptop, my parents bought the tv and blu-ray player.

Here are some additional pick ups for this month. I refuse to buy any more this month, even in the face of these tempting FFXIII pickup pics.

web.jpg

1) Factory sealed Demon's Souls Collectors Edition including artwork and soundtrack (Ebay)
2) God of War III Ultimate Edition (Best Buy)
3) Infamous (Amazon deal-of-the-day for $26)
4) God of War III retail (Bought off Amazon for the $10 preorder deal. Then one night bought GOW3:Ultimate on a whim. So yeah, I own two copies of GOW3. :/
5) Heavy Rain Limited Edition PAL (Ebay)

lantus

Forsete said:
lantus: Sony family, I rike! ;)l

lol thanks, we didn't really plan on getting all Sony products, but the tv is really solid and surprisingly affordable at $800(on sale from $900), hard to believe over a year ago a tv of similar quality would have probably been $1100~, the blu-ray player was just for the sake of matching the tv I suppose. The laptop however I had been eyeing for quite sometime, for all the great features and hardware I couldn't find a better price anywhere.

suffah said:
I'm super happy with this pickup that came in the mail this week....I didn't even bother to take pics of the FF13 stuff.

Set of both Vol 1 DAC's...

box.jpg

I built Empress, will leave DJ Troopers sealed for now. It's even more amazing IRL. The details blow me away.

box2.jpg

Where did you get those from

ExMachina said:
Sweet! Does the guy who made 'em have a gallery online somewhere? Would love to see his other work.

Yet even more spending in March:

Fat PS2 + Network Adapter. Use my 60gig BC PS3 for basically everything nowadays save timing-sensitive genres, so I've been loading up this PS2's HDD with fighting games and Beatmania mixes. :D

We may have to take this discussion to PM, but where exactly do you buy a HDloader from. My PS2 has the DRE and I don't really want to buy another PS2, but I have way too many games just to get rid of. I looked around the net and everyplace that sells them will not ship to the US. Any help you could give would be appreciated

isny

napkin dispenser
Str0ngStyle said:
We may have to take this discussion to PM, but where exactly do you buy a HDloader from. My PS2 has the DRE and I don't really want to buy another PS2, but I have way too many games just to get rid of. I looked around the net and everyplace that sells them will not ship to the US. Any help you could give would be appreciated

PM'ed you info.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Str0ngStyle said:
Where did you get those from

They come from Japanese UFO catcher machines...

People have been price gouging them here in the US.

I got mine from Yahoo Auctions Japan.

ibu

Excuse the crappy photo's, Blackberry Bold camera in use.

dfyb6.jpg

1jsydy.jpg

2zhejja.jpg

God of WOOOOAAAAAHHHH my eyes it is freakin amazing!! Forgot I had pre-ordered it until it landed on my doormat! WIN!!

Silent Hill no need to expand on that.

Not going to lie... you know and I know that Strangers Wrath is f**kin awesome.

But now I am going to play some Echochrome on my PSP Go in bed. Played the demo at the weekend on way to see missus down south and I almost slapped myself for ignoring it initially. £6.29 though is a bargain.

Top Bottom