• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice photos.

Loving the bokeh here, especially in the second photo. Might I ask, what were your settings for each photo? It could just be my eyes, but your shutter speed seemed too slow, assuming you shot these handheld.

Thanks guys! I actually used a tripod with a 50mm 1.4 lens, wide open. The reason it looks so blurry is because the focus was in the middle of the laptop on the logo, and the DoF was so razor thin. With the sizing and compression that turned out pretty useless tho.

Just got an Air myself. What route did you take to get Windows 8 on it? Was considering doing it myself. And how does it hold up despite it not being officially supported?

I actually made a bootable flash drive with windows on it. The hardest thing was getting the trackpad to work with the bootcamp 4.0 drivers. That's a thing of the past now though since apple released 5.0 last week. The boot time for windows can get s bit lengthy too-- those are the only problems I've had with the windows side.

img_13241ty6gtcruv.jpg

Been a while since I posted in the PUT, but I've made some big changes to my video game collection, big stuff, but I don't regret a bit!

Traded in entire Xbox 360 Library, got about $940, preordered the following and the rest is saved for a PS4.
uZC0B1ml.jpg

just a question: why do you need to put money in right away? those are preorders, right? IMHO, not a single place where I buy my games (100% online: ShopTo, GAME, Base, etc.) require you to pay up front for a preorder.
Is that Gamestop's (I assume you preordered at Gamestop?) policy or your choice to put money right now?

just a question: why do you need to put money in right away? those are preorders, right? IMHO, not a single place where I buy my games (100% online: ShopTo, GAME, Base, etc.) require you to pay up front for a preorder.
Is that Gamestop's (I assume you preordered at Gamestop?) policy or your choice to put money right now?

Gamestop only asks for $5 down. It's up to you to put down more before release. Considering how much credit he got back, I'd have paid off my games as well and still have enough left over to full pay for a PS4.

I guess it's a US-thing then.
Here in Croatia we don't have such practices and certainly most UK online stores don't do that (sometimes I do my preorders in the UK).

Thanks for info, folks.

More goodies arrived today
img_00639sukd.jpg

The Amanda Conner book is amazing. I got her to sign it at the last NYC Comicon. Incidentily she used to be married to the guy who owns the comic book store I went to growing up. She did a bunch of signings there for her Barbie run, and some other stuff. Awesome to see how well she's doing now.

Slow month so far...well, just compared to last month, anyway:

There should be quite a bit more by the end, though, especially since my birthday is coming up in a few days...

And now it's my birthday! Here's some more stuff!

The Commodore 64 should be arriving in the mail real soon...

Anyway, I had all of the Rock Band games before, but I shared them with my younger brother, but we no longer live together...or in the same city...and he took the Xbox 360 and all of the Rock Band games (among others) and instruments with him, so now I'm re-buying them all. Thank goodness they're cheap.

----

Got this beauty for $5 at a yard sale this weekend.

9c5CONc.jpg

...okay, you win. I can't beat something that awesome.

HPhins54

Neo Member
I'd been thinking about getting a handheld for a while (last one that I put a lot of time into was a Game Boy Color)...well, I decided to finally pull the trigger.

Newest Nintendo system that I own being a GameCube + price drop this Sunday + having $135 worth of store credit at Best Buy = becoming a 3DS XL owner.

Perfect timing for the buy two, get one free deal. I'm also planning to pickup Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon soon, because that, combined with the new 3DS, will give me Super Mario 3D Land for free. Five games for the price of three. Not a bad start.

What do you think of it? It is up on Music unlimited so I gave it a listen last night. Not a fan to be honest.

Personally I love it, but then again I loved his other albums. Definitely different, but it shows growth too. Some people in the OT thread admitted to needing a few listens before determining if they liked/hated it.

clear31

What do you think of it? It is up on Music unlimited so I gave it a listen last night. Not a fan to be honest.

i think you have to be in the right mood for it, I didn't care for it during my first listen. Heard it again the other day and think it's a great album

maverick40

i think you have to be in the right mood for it, I didn't care for it during my first listen. Heard it again the other day and think it's a great album

Yeah i will give it more time. I loved his previous albums so hopefully this will grow on.me

LadyRiven

Decided to redeem my stars on this, seeing as NOE doesn't love us as much as Japan or the US and it's the only decent thing on there.

OD2WFQS.jpg

I want one of these so much, but they're not available for the U.S.
Whenever I look on eBay, they cost a lot. >< Does anyone have any suggestions on how to acquire one more easily?

DeVeAn

I really wanted to get into this series but, after I got the platinum for the first game I realize I have no patience for them. I literally fast forward through every battle...I loved the idea of the main character being a unreleased SEGA console Neptune.

RkOwnage

Sorry for not responding sooner, I have been out all day. As it's been reiterated several times, GameStop only asks for $5 down on a game. I had a lot of credit on my PowerUp card and figured why not pay them off. I'm uneasy as it is walking around with a card w/ $580 on it, much less $940...luckily since I'm a PowerUp member I've been told they can restore the credit should something happen.

But yeah, I wanted to have most of them paid off :)

My girlfriend came back form vacation a bit ago and bought me some of my favourite TV shows :D

Waterloo-20130313-00519_zps673bbb6b.jpg

And then a few days later this bad boy came to my door:

IMG-20130314-00526_zpsbf1bf1bb.jpg

And then this morning the mailman delivered these. I think they're super cool.

IMG-20130319-00530_zpsd1887727.jpg

Guelph-20130319-00532_zps13e8fc10.jpg

Through my work I can get things mounted on wood so I'm planning on one day getting some artwork from my favourite games printed up and mounted. That FFVI cover is going to be one of them.

lordimmortal

Neo Member

Nexus 7 for the long trips to work.
Too Human for the collection sealed with the original DLC and $10.
Tomb Raider which is brilliant.
Sim City for the wifey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom