• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
d4QnR6Q.jpg

Played multiplayer with friends for the last 4 hours. Really surprised how good it is. Went with 0 expectations in, came out positively surprised.

mf.luder

Ignore the spiders! I finally have a G4 Cube! It's more for having it. I don't foresee myself booting into Tiger. I do have plans to Hackintosh it though in a few months. I traded a broken PowerMac G5 for this beauty.

Since I didn't get the car (VW Golf) I spent some money, tehehe. Got a Nexus 4 to flip between my iPhone. Google seems to keep pulling me back in.

Sushigod7

Oh forgot I made a trip to Total Wine (the walmart of beer, wine & liquor) today for a few pick ups. I'm now ready for the Game of Thrones premier. Sorry for the shit flash got cloudy outside and couldn't get decent lighting.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I've had a very busy couple weeks - lots of quality dining and adventure while on the road; but didn't really get many pictures. Guess I'll have the memories ;p In any case, had a work trip in Florida last week:

8580028153_05d6649463_c.jpg

8581128898_cc172ec6f2_c.jpg

8580021759_fdea0f1861_c.jpg

8580040941_b0ee7a83f5_c.jpg

Last weekend, my mom's washing machine gave out, so I got her this. Nothing super fancy, but new is always nice.

8581120950_aa6099680d_c.jpg

This stuff is delicious on salads:

8580019951_887039d019_c.jpg

And JUST got back from a client in NY today, where I was able to hit the Knicks game on Wed.

8580019271_cc5c10bc20_c.jpg

Got home and had this bad boy waiting for me! :) It'll be replacing my trusty 570. The extra VRAM is going to be very welcome.

8580018467_6be068b318_c.jpg

And picked these up on the cheap elsewhere:

8580032415_3c7045e90f_c.jpg

NFreak

The 3D effect on any level straight up murders my eyes ;_;

If you're anything like me then after a week or two of playing with 3D your eyes will actually adjust or get stronger or something because I had eye strain the first week or so but now I have absolutely no problem at all with 3D. I max out every game.

If you're anything like me then after a week or two of playing with 3D your eyes will actually adjust or get stronger or something because I had eye strain the first week or so but now I have absolutely no problem at all with 3D. I max out every game.

image.php

I have to do it.

March has been a good month to me.

Got my new Breville Juicer

8581927292_a1c078f13f.jpg

2 New klean kanteens

8581927678_888f9cf55d.jpg

Mac Mini with i7

8581927980_4f9c9f2e6c.jpg

I finally made the jump to smartphones with a new iPhone 5!

8580826809_b5dd60d107.jpg

specs? get your brag on!

Haha well fair enough, but they won't be super impressive to the certain members of the GAF elite.

Lian Li PC-6B Midi Tower
Intel i5 3570k CPU
Asus P8Z77-V LX MoBo
GTX 680 4GB GPU
WD Green 2TB HD
Samsung (840 series) 120GB SSD
8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz
Corsair AX650 Watt PSU

Tomodachi

8581687689_a28ddabcbc.jpg
8581687407_6af01eb484.jpg

Just had to buy that Matsuno's goodie. I'm not ashamed to say I got a 3DS XL only for Crimson Shroud, although I know I'll end up buying more games for it.

Also took these crappy photos with my Vita because it seemed cool :p

I don't know how to upload a picture from my iPhone, if someone tells me I can put a picture up. It come with a really cool reversible cover.

spirity

Haha well fair enough, but they won't be super impressive to the certain members of the GAF elite.

Lian Li PC-6B Midi Tower
Intel i5 3570k CPU
Asus P8Z77-V LX MoBo
GTX 680 4GB GPU
WD Green 2TB HD
Samsung (840 series) 120GB SSD
8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz
Corsair AX650 Watt PSU

When I saw your card I thought "that dudes made a mistake. Its not 4gb." Turns out, it is. I had no idea EVGA had a 4gb 680. Nice!

Kahoona

8581687689_a28ddabcbc.jpg
8581687407_6af01eb484.jpg

Just had to buy that Matsuno's goodie. I'm not ashamed to say I got a 3DS XL only for Crimson Shroud, although I know I'll end up buying more games for it.

Also took these crappy photos with my Vita because it seemed cool :p

Would you say the XL is worth the higher price than the regular 3DS? I've been thinking of picking one up, but am not sure which version to get.

Grief.exe

Would you say the XL is worth the higher price than the regular 3DS? I've been thinking of picking one up, but am not sure which version to get.

Go through any GAF 3ds thread and that question will be answered for you.

But the consensus seems to be that the XL is a much better product than the original 3DS.

Tomodachi

Have you ever owned a DS/DSi (not XL)? I actually never even considered the original 3DS: my old DS Lite's screens were too small, same as buttons and the overall form factor, my hands and eyes ached after a short while. I never would have picked a "small" 3DS for these reasons.

It's true that the 3DS XL has the resolution/jaggies issue, but I think it's not that noticeable if you never owned a 3DS a very minor fault compared to the bigger screens and comfortable form factor. I got it for 150€ from amazon italy so there was not even a huge difference in price compared to the small 3DS, and I guess the difference will become even smaller in the next months.

Danielsan

My SNES haul for this weekend just came in.

YitL008.jpg

A second copy of Super Ghouls and Ghosts for € 10. Mostly bought it because of the box and the fact that this cartridge has the purple label, whilst my other cartridge has the boring black label. Love this game to death. I do wish the box was in a slightly better condition and had the manual included, but ooh well.

A US copy of Super Turrican for € 12,70.

U.N. Squadron + manual for € 12,50. Just played a half an hour of this game and it's fucking amazing!

gsJskzy.png

My Neighbor Totoro (German Blu-ray)
Fate/stay night Collection 2 (US Blu-ray)
The Perks of Being a Wallflower (German Blu-ray)

dodMNnQ.png

Gears of War: Judgment (Xbox360)
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk (PlayStation 3)

shawnlreed

3 gaming pick-ups this month

Hyrule Historia Regular and Limited editions:

8582733219_5f97518956_z.jpg

Lego City Undercover:

8582733481_a25e7745c0_z.jpg

Finally framed my US Ico poster to go with the framed Japanese one:

8578613464_d12ab9a8b8_z.jpg

Kainazzo

Atomiswave with supergun. Wasn't expecting a full PC PSU! I modded the system myself, adding unamplified stereo (jacks in the back) as well as much a quieter fan. Of course, now the PSU has a fan going too, rendering most of my noise-saving time moot >_<. Dolphin Blue's tons of fun though! Pretty surprised an arcade platform would use 480i for 15khz though, that seems strange.

Also, some boxes for incoming PGM games. Pretty psyched for The Gladiator, since it looks great and can't be played in MAME yet. I don't have Twinkle Star Sprites, but it will complete my collection, and I'm sure I'll find a MVS copy eventually.

MG310

DSCN3138.jpg

DSCN3137.jpg

DSCN3136.jpg

Mattel WWE Elite Christian & Miss Elizabeth, Heritage series Randy Savage
Play Arts Kai Lara Croft (from the Survival Edition), Jeanne, Catwoman, & Harley Quinn

Terry Dodson Muse Hardcover
Apes & Babes Frank Cho Artbook
Darkstalkers Graphic File
Alphonse Mucha book
Hawkeye Volume 1: My Life As A Weapon

Tomb Raider Survival Edition
Katamari Forever
Zone of the Enders HD Collection
Ni No Kuni
DMC
Far Cry 3

Also got a 500 gig white PS3 after my 80 gig original style one crapped out and Pulse Elite headphones for my birthday.

rmrivera

good shit!

it's been a challenge trying to get anything supreme lately. too many people are buying only to resell...

Yea. I tried to buy my stuff through the Dover Street Market site but that site was slammed. I also had the CDG tee in the cart but that sold out before I could check out and i refuse to pay $200+ to resellers. Hopefully the Vans are an easy buy because other than that and the Basquiat collab not much I'm looking forward too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom