• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

NotSelf

^Nice LED.

Bought the shirt at walmart today for $7.50 they also had a nes 8bit mario but only in large :(

e4a4b851_IMG_2855.jpeg

yamo

Replaced my old Vizio 42'' LCD with this AMAZING Sanyo 55'' LED. It may not be the best I can buy but I'm so happy with the upgrade in size/looks/quality... My new PS4 looks amazing on it! BF4 is beautiful.

Oh, and don't mind the dirty PC racing rig behind the box. I know most of you would be like "uh, what the hell is a car seat doing in the house?" lol

jXOxwsU.jpg

Is that car seat from an old Volvo 240 series?

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
After months of not pulling the trigger because I could never convince myself that I needed a $3000 laptop I randomly decided to pull the trigger on a MacBook Pro retina 15'' with the dedicated graphics card.

I've been using my late 2012 MacBook air for 18 months for everything. Work, personnel, travel, a little gaming now and then and it's been amazing. It's probably my favourite laptop I ever owned but the 4GB of RAM was not cutting it anymore, especially as I use it to run software demo's for my work.

So I said, "fuck it" and bought the most expensive upgrade I could.

E9bvanC.jpg

Congratulations!

When the 2012 Retina MBP came out, I knew I'd eventually want one; but the internet and software wasn't quite ready. I bought a 13" Retina in the interim, while I waited for the Haswell refresh. Last October, it was very, very difficult to convince myself it was okay spending $2600 on a laptop; but man, am I glad I did. Zero regrets.

Perfect screen, perfect build quality, perfect trackpad, great keyboard, great battery life, good speakers, great I/O, fantastic CPU, lots of RAM, ridiculously fast SSD, and a very capable GPU. All in a thin and light package. It's truly a no-compromise device, IMO. Yeah, you definitely pay for it. But if you have the money, there isn't anything to be upset with once you buy it. One of the only no-compromise devices I've ever purchased in the electronics space.

Enjoy your new toy!! Hope you love it.

Got a MVS mobo, so I can Neo Geo in my Cab (it has Slug 2 in it);

gLjwMRG.jpg

A cool T shirt from Nintendoes;

YtXp2E1.jpg

A silly console from Nintendoes too (why did I buy this?);

fYqiF2c.jpg

yamo

Hehe wasn't that hard as that is one of the most iconic headrests ever made. Also, considering i'm from Sweden, i've seen my fair share of 240s! :)

Making a racing seat out of one is a genious idea however!

LFKGwg0.jpg

Got the nostalgia and started looking for bongoes controllers + the games.

Now I need an extra bongo, konga 1 and the awesome Jungle Beat.

Singho

GOT YO BACK NINTY! ;p

x51Zr8Tl.jpg

Premium Console with Mario and Luigi U, Sonic All Stars Racing (£5!), Pikmin 3, DKC TF, W101...Unite up! I bought Zelda months ago just in case. ^_^

I love the machine so far, all I've played is NES Remix and a few VC games like OG Mario Kart, Mario World and the W101 demo. This demo has kept me occupied for hours!

Now to crack these bad boys out and get busy before Mario Kart 8 and I think I will treat myself to Super Mario 3D world as soon as I'm done with all this goodness. Will probably get Monster Hunter for my free game.

I've not bought a tablet yet, so the Wii U gamepad is fupping brilliant for me.

SKRWRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY-ONKG!

Jizmc1Zl.jpg

Some other random stuff I've accumulated recently.

NC2JHjAl.jpg

bv3GGN5l.jpg

5X85nHll.jpg

Rasec

GOT YO BACK NINTY! ;p

x51Zr8Tl.jpg

Premium Console with Mario and Luigi U, Sonic All Stars Racing (£5!), Pikmin 3, DKC TF, W101...Unite up! I bought Zelda months ago just in case. ^_^

I love the machine so far, all I've played is NES Remix and a few VC games like OG Mario Kart, Mario World and the W101 demo. This demo has kept me occupied for hours!

Now to crack these bad boys out and get busy before Mario Kart 8 and I think I will treat myself to Super Mario 3D world as soon as I'm done with all this goodness. Will probably get Monster Hunter for my free game.

I've not bought a tablet yet, so the Wii U gamepad is fupping brilliant for me.

I'm already having urges to get myself a wii u and those games you got and some mk8 goodness also.
I think if i see a mk8 wii u special pack i might finally get myself the wii u. *_*

This guy just arrived to my front door.

6RnFYhP.jpg

Been researching for a competent scanner that'd work well for digitizing paintings. Hopefully this one will be a good fit for that.

Oh, hai EU-regionalised Kirby!

iEEAzBVRnfBCr.jpg

Freaking gorgeous picture. I wanna buy the game now, and have it come cushioned in a vibrant bed of flowers.

ALM5252

Everything I've gotten this month so far. Didn't know how much I actually got until putting them all together. Lol

Sorry for the crappy quality! Everything in the picture is from different trips to some local flea markets in my town. I'm still not done getting things yet. Few more N64 games that I have left on my list, then I'm gonna move to GB/C/A games mainly. :)

Roge_NES

Nokia 515 Dual Sim
Great dumb phone (Even though it has Facebook and Twitter apps)
I needed a secondary phone for work and traveling, it looks and feels like an iPhone 5, but with buttons.
imG3a9C.jpg

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
Definitely the bloodiest DC Comics animation film to date, plus is great to see Batman shooting guns.
UTCEPeT.jpg

DC Designer Figures by Greg Capullo
sXteF23.jpg

EBeIc34.jpg

"We must think not as individuals, but as a species."
5yW0Neb.jpg

dc89

I actually got this last month but I thought I'd share it now seeing all you guys posting the super cool mugs!

I was working away in York for a month and when I was walking round the city on my day off I saw a shop called Travelling Man who mainly just sell comics and board games etc. But they had a really cool selection of imported stuff such as The Legend of Zelda 1-10 Manga box set.

I saw this little guy and I was not leaving him there, they only had one left.

Lv1jwtHl.jpg
WfTud62l.jpg

He now lives on the bookcase in my lounge.

I saw this little guy and I was not leaving him there, they only had one left.

Lv1jwtHl.jpg
WfTud62l.jpg

He now lives on the bookcase in my lounge.

:)

Although I now have the mugs, I keep neglecting to get an actual Danboard. I think if I spot one in Japan later this year, that will be an appropriate time to get one!

fatcatbebe

Neo Member
Halo Actionclix scarab, I don't really play this game, but this is a sweet piece to have.
Marshall JCM 900 4101
MXR 10 band EQ
Fender American Telecaster lefty coming next week
Krammer zx30h
Mac Mini
South Park collectors- box not shown
Tales of Symphonia collectors
Eibach sports lowering spring for FRS
Dark Angel Olivia figure
Kuroyukihime figure

KiDdYoNe

You guys have some pretty good stuff here. Sitting at work with nothing to do figuring i can post something, not just watch/read this thread. So, last pick up:

926465_1506788459549481_787748448_n.jpg

Ready for this summer shows :)

NotSelf

Halo Actionclix scarab, I don't really play this game, but this is a sweet piece to have.
Marshall JCM 900 4101
MXR 10 band EQ
Fender American Telecaster lefty coming next week
Krammer zx30h
Mac Mini
South Park collectors- box not shown
Tales of Symphonia collectors
Eibach sports lowering spring for FRS
Dark Angel Olivia figure
Kuroyukihime figure

Oh my I think i'm more blown away by the anime figure in your display case:)

zmet

The Untold History of Japanese Game Developers Episode IV

Evilspeak and Special ID

Ganbare Goemon Kirakira Douchu Perfect Game Guide Book, Mega Everdrive, and Back in My Play stickers

Gekijouban Macross F: 30th d Shudisuta b Box [Blu-ray + Hybrid Disc]

Double-dip on the two Macross F movies, but this time with English subtitles (a first for a Japanese Macross release?). It also appears that the sound and video have been given a bump up in the bitrate area, which is probably from not having the PS3 games included on the discs. Also comes with two great art books and a hybrid PS3 blu-ray disc

WWAy3BD.jpg

Thank you, Rakuten, for making something going for hundreds of dollars on ebay less than $100, including shipping. The entire bit Generations collection for Game Boy Advance. Now I just need a Game Boy Advance! Again, folks, unless things are really bad, don't sell your game collection.
Awesome pick up. Did you buy from one seller? My search-fu isn't working.

Steins;Gate DVD-ROM (Windows) Limited Edition (and Standard Edition). A little LTTP compared to other gaffers, but I'm delighted I managed to score an LE for myself.

A thousand thanks to foobarry81 who pointed me in the right direction!

iudQIp2GKjvH2.jpg

ibq5nFoKRYAcBG.jpg

iBdXwPZSlHNgy.jpg

iSpvfXCJEsozg.jpg

ifaJ9JBjHhHEz.jpg

ibdkql76AkN5ae.jpg

iTeBNpPy5UiNy.jpg

ixVs2Z4cxkrxf.jpg

inCtxhGjdB9FO.jpg

ibcoAouGCawANg.jpg

Steins;Gate DVD-ROM (Windows) Limited Edition (and Standard Edition). A little LTTP compared to other gaffers, but I'm delighted I managed to score an LE for myself.

A thousand thanks to foobarry81 who pointed me in the right direction!

Glad I could, completely unintentionally, make a very small contribution to the creation of this gorgeous set of photos. JAST USA should hire you for their promo shots. :)

Tenken

Neo Member
This arrived a day earlier than expected.

14223424202_945b8dc4f1_c.jpg

Finally replaced my Razer BlackWidow with the Ducky Shine 3 White Case w/ Cherry MX Brown switches.

14225757145_8067bdbe26_c.jpg

Top Bottom