• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix and I should have had 2 wins and 1 loss tonight but one team had to be douchebags and use some disconnect glitch to get a win.

I scored one of the weirdest goals I've ever seen too. I shot from just inside the point...hit one defender, bounced up and off another defender, and dropped in right over the goalie's head. It was awesome. :lol

Smash88

Banned
For those crazy goalie controlling guys, such as myself, anyone notice in the demo how it has precision movement LB+LeftStick. Wonder what that is about? Man I am going to have a field day getting used to these new controls for the goalie, so many more features, I love it! Being a goalie in NHL 09 was/is a joke. You just go butterfly and hope your stats work out :lol

Also anyone have any tips for goalies and how to play it properly, other than the obvious of staying in the direct position of where the puck is located.

Spl1nter said:
i dont know if I really want to play 09 anymore. Last time really got to me for some reason. Cant stand the glitches.

Was it the glitches I did (because they were doing them)or me yelling at the AI again?

The more I think about it, I probably am going to play Mass Effect today anyway.

eh, i could care less about the glitches. we win like half our games anyways. and usually if we run into users and abusers we quit anyways

aint no bitch on the internet gonna ruin my fun

SuperSonic1305 said:
So are we playing today?

someone said past 10 right? i can get on then

arab man, sp1inter, don't ditch! lets get some wins tonight! i'll even play some hardnosed defense again

Marvie_3

Banned
purg3 said:
was hoping for crosby, but malkin will do. :lol
I waited until bish was done giving out tags to laugh about yours in that thread, otherwise I probably would have ended up with a tag about beating up cabbies. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
I waited until bish was done giving out tags to laugh about yours in that thread, otherwise I probably would have ended up with a tag about beating up cabbies. :lol

git online!!

Spl1nter

CrazedArabMan said:
Was it the glitches I did (because they were doing them)or me yelling at the AI again?

The more I think about it, I probably am going to play Mass Effect today anyway.

Just the fact we cant play a real game of hockey against anyone. I dont want to be fustrated in life becuase of a video game. I play games to relax and have fun, not to be pissed off.

Marvie_3

Banned
Spl1nter said:
Just the fact we cant play a real game of hockey against anyone. I dont want to be fustrated in life becuase of a video game. I play games to relax and have fun, not to be pissed off.
You mean cross crease passes everytime down the ice isn't realistic? ;)

if i play defense i guarantee it won't happen!

i played a game with someone (can't remember who) where people kept trying that shit and we shut them out :D but if one person devotes themselves to free safety its not too big a problem

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
if i play defense i guarantee it won't happen!

i played a game with someone (can't remember who) where people kept trying that shit and we shut them out :D but if one person devotes themselves to free safety its not too big a problem
I try to do this. If a team starts crossing it everytime, I just lay down and stay there until we take control of the puck.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Thanks for getting me on the list, one minor correction: I play on the wings not in defense. I'm a goalscoring monster with the 100% power disregard all other stats, remember?

Can't wait till the game drops.

Marvie_3

Banned
QVT said:
Thanks for getting me on the list, one minor correction: I play on the wings not in defense. I'm a goalscoring monster with the 100% power disregard all other stats, remember?

Can't wait till the game drops.
Holy crap! Did you sneak out of GAF jail?

purg3

slept with Malkin
Marvie_3 said:
Holy crap! Did you sneak out of GAF jail?

:lol

This year it would probably be a good idea to add a few more manager/admin people too. Last season I think it was just me and Fighty. Makes it easier for requests and what not.

Marvie_3

Banned
purg3 said:
:lol

This year it would probably be a good idea to add a few more manager/admin people too. Last season I think it was just me and Fighty. Makes it easier for requests and what not.
Pssht.....then I can't rule the team with an iron fist. :lol

Joking aside, is it only dealing with team invites, roster moves, etc? I don't have a job for this semester, I only have class 3 days per week, and my classes involve very little out of class work so I have plenty of time.

What else do I need to know as far as GMing goes? I set up the temporary 09 team so I could see how it works, so if it's not too different from 09 I could probably handle it. You're welcome to help out if you want though.

Enigma5 said:
I would like to be on the team
#17 - RW / RD
Gamertag: Enigma5
Added and sent XBL friend request.

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
anyone want to get some games in now?

i feel like smashing some bitches up against the boards!!
I might be up for it in a little while. I'm watching the Packers/Cardinals game right now.

Marvie_3 said:
I might be up for it in a little while. I'm watching the Packers/Cardinals game right now.

I'm gonna be on live and crazedarab is on too

why are you watching pre-season football over NHL!??!
justkidding

baultista

Banned
BTW, I have finally fixed my Internet connection.

No more disconnects from Xbox Live! Please send baultista another invite to the team (I left to play w/ some friends so I could try it out).

Marvie_3

Banned
baultista said:
BTW, I have finally fixed my Internet connection.

No more disconnects from Xbox Live! Please send baultista another invite to the team (I left to play w/ some friends so I could try it out).
Sent invite.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
is there anyway to monitor stats, i remember from fifa09 last year the online "clubs" stats were temperamental and poor at best, id love to have some mvp stats or top scorer tables

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Also, looking at the thread last year you had play times for the US, central, mountain etc, perhaps this year we can add times for Europe aswell, so those of us crazy enough can play at 3 in the morning :D

Eric WK

I'm in love with the demo and definitely picking this up. I play insane amounts of FIFA with the likes of QVT each year so this will be a nice change of pace. If there's still room:

Jersey # = 81
Position = C/RW
Player Name = Eric WK
Gamertag = Eric WK

Marvie_3

Banned
Mr Cola said:
is there anyway to monitor stats, i remember from fifa09 last year the online "clubs" stats were temperamental and poor at best, id love to have some mvp stats or top scorer tables
I'll put something up when the game comes out. I won't list all stats for everyone but I'll make something. If anyone knows if there is a way to make tables in posts, let me know.

Mr Cola said:
Also, looking at the thread last year you had play times for the US, central, mountain etc, perhaps this year we can add times for Europe aswell, so those of us crazy enough can play at 3 in the morning :D
We can schedule some play times for everyone, though I don't think the scheduled times were ever followed that closely. There were games going til at least 3am most nights. It was great. :D

baultista

Banned
Boyd Fucking Devereaux says hi :lol

I haven't had much Xbox time lately, but I'm still alive and still planning to play!

Top Bottom