• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

I played 4 games last night. We went 1-1-2. Overall, we didn't hurt the record at all. The only really shitty game was the 0-3 loss.

The two OT losses were close and we had one team message us that we deserved the win, so that was nice. In fact, that team was awesome to play against. They had a human goalie who played well and they played actual hockey (no cross-crease, except the occasional attempt when it made sense, and no wrist spam).

The other OT loss was to a team that did the exact opposite. Constant wrist spam and the occasional cross-crease. I have gotten decent at defending it though--just hang out near the top of the faceoff circle and hold down poke check when the offenders are close. I broke up most of the attempts, but we ultimately lost in OT when I got screened by my own defender who just stood in front of the blatant wrist shot and did nothing. But it was actually fun to defend against it once I knew they were a one-trick team and we had the trick figured out. The bummer comes when you just need to fuck up ONCE for them to score, and you can put 15 quality attempts on goal and get stonewalled.

I have to say that it's really frustrating to watch quality opportunities constantly missed due to miraculous goalies, cursed posts, and inexplicable skate-overs of the puck (I don't know how many passes I sent to the point last night that just whizzed under our dmen--but it's probably close to equal how many open rebounds were whiffed or posted). Topping this off with 'go to goals' from other teams is especially a bummer.

Anyway, I still like this game. Sometimes I just wonder why I raise my blood pressure with these cheese-eating motherfuckers anymore.

Also, I really do want to play goalie. Goals sting a lot less when it's a human letting them through, than when it's some arbitrary AI decision to just not stop the puck.

Marvie_3 said:
GET THE FUCK ONLINE LASERBOT!

I'm sorry. My girlfriend makes me hang out sometimes. Which I don't understand--I mean, we live together. =/

Good games though. I want to play more. Next time we put Pheenix on one of our teams.

PBY

Banned
so... im home for thanksgiving and im fiending for some chel.... that assassins creed ii launch night was such a cocktease, didn't even get to finish a single game. Anyways, to play id have to join through my brother's xbox, so if you get a friend request from future305 or something like that its me.

Marvie_3

Banned
We went 5-2-1 last night. Would have been 6-1-1 but the EA servers fucked up while Hardyboy and I were playing and it counted as a loss.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm so glad the Banhammers' jerseys aren't 100% accurate compared to the real HPK jerseys......

2d27qt2.jpg

2vn5jbo.jpg

5b78z5.jpg

I started a season on All Star with a goalie.

I had a shutout going until 40 seconds left in the pre-draft game--they scored on a shit rebound, but I should have gotten it, so my fault. Got drafted number 7 by the mother fucking CANAY DE ANNES. Ugh. I deserved it though I guess. At least I didn't go to the Penguins.

Lost my first game of the season TO THE LEAFS in the shootout. Let up one goal off 23 shots, my guys put up 8 shots. And the coach still tells me "we expect better than a loss from you." Ya, well you know what? I took you to overtime. I took you to the shootout. Maybe if you weren't coaching the FUCKING CANADIENS they'd score more than once per 60 minutes and wouldn't blow their attempts in the shootout.

47340_canadiens_coach_hockey.jpg

"Cross-crease!"

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I started a season on All Star with a goalie.

I had a shutout going until 40 seconds left in the pre-draft game--they scored on a shit rebound, but I should have gotten it, so my fault. Got drafted number 7 by the mother fucking CANAY DE ANNES. Ugh. I deserved it though I guess. At least I didn't go to the Penguins.

Lost my first game of the season TO THE LEAFS in the shootout. Let up one goal off 23 shots, my guys put up 8 shots. And the coach still tells me "we expect better than a loss from you." Ya, well you know what? I took you to overtime. I took you to the shootout. Maybe if you weren't coaching the FUCKING CANADIENS they'd score more than once per 60 minutes and wouldn't blow their attempts in the shootout.

47340_canadiens_coach_hockey.jpg

"Cross-crease!"
Do it over and get drafted by someone else. That was my plan until I was drafted by the Wild 4 times in a row.

Marvie_3 said:
Banhammers were 2-4 tonight. A couple 1-0 losses on complete bullshit goals.

and a 2-1 loss on 2 bullshit goals that someone didn't involve cross crease or silly shit

actually it was silly shit. soft silly shit.

PBY

Banned
you guys played last night? Dammit- I've got nhl blueballs hardcore.... I'll be on for sure after the fights tonight

edit: ph33nix, I actually really need to start playing madden- If you have any tips/pointers, Id greatly appreciate them, bc I think I'm filing in for some dude in the madden league, and I at least want to make his team look respectable

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
and a 2-1 loss on 2 bullshit goals that someone didn't involve cross crease or silly shit

actually it was silly shit. soft silly shit.
This. Fuckin ridiculous. Laserbot got a soft goal that bounced up and over the goalie in one game though. Then we lost that same game on that exact same type of goal. :\

peterb0y said:
you guys played last night? Dammit- I've got nhl blueballs hardcore.... I'll be on for sure after the fights tonight

edit: ph33nix, I actually really need to start playing madden- If you have any tips/pointers, Id greatly appreciate them, bc I think I'm filing in for some dude in the madden league, and I at least want to make his team look respectable

look at my record. you don't want pointers from me :lol

ask wellie though, he knows what the fuck he talkin' about

i can play tonight anyone else?

Here is how I think they could fix this game: They need to make the goalies worse, not better. They keep tuning them, and it's making them impossible to score on with good team opportunities--natural goals in the NHL. Instead, people rely on trick shots that go in 60-70% of the time, like the wrist deke or the cross-crease--because you can't score on anything else.

So if they tune the goalies to just be worse all around, then you'll have games that end up 4-3 more often, but there will be more natural goals, and less bullshit goals.

I'm so sick of playing every team using the same tactics--and while it's defendable, if you fuck up defending it, they score. Or it leaves other points open for rebounds and they get those. Bah.

Marvie_3

Banned
I think that would work if they programmed the goalies to LEARN during the course of the game. Someone keeps trying the same shit? The goalie anticipates it and stops it. That way a team has to change up their offense instead of doing the same bullshit every time down the ice.

Marvie_3

Banned
4-2 tonight. One loss was laserbot's car accident in net. :lol 3 straight wins to end the night. All 3 games the other team had at least one shit goal but laserbot and I held strong.

Marvie_3 said:
4-2 tonight. One loss was laserbot's car accident in net. :lol 3 straight wins to end the night. All 3 games the other team had at least one shit goal but laserbot and I held strong.

Hey, that car accident in net only had 1 goal put up for us--and I let up 4 of the 5 in the 3rd period. I'm not taking 100% blame on that one. =P

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Hey, that car accident in net only had 1 goal put up for us--and I let up 4 of the 5 in the 3rd period. I'm not taking 100% blame on that one. =P
Huet would have gotten a shutout and we would have only needed one goal. ;)

Marvie_3

Banned
Not really. Huet is more like dating a stripper. You already know she's a whore before you start dating her, so you really can't be mad when she sluts it up.

PBY

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Sorry, xbox crashed and I need to go to bed anyway. =(
...be very very happy that happened- We were up 2-1, thanks in part to the ghost of bea arthur, and then we disconnected somehow, and they got the win.. I'm gonna go blow some cash on amazon to make myself feel better

Marvie_3

Banned
peterb0y said:
...be very very happy that happened- We were up 2-1, thanks in part to the ghost of bea arthur, and then we disconnected somehow, and they got the win.. I'm gonna go blow some cash on amazon to make myself feel better
Guess what? Those same fuckers have done the same thing to us before. I recognized them as soon as I went into leave feedback.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Oh. Awesome. Not only are there cheaters, now there are drop-hacks too?
Well this game is essentially NHL 09 online so its not surprising to see drop glitches still in the game.

Marvie_3 said:
Well this game is essentially NHL 09 online so its not surprising to see drop glitches still in the game.

Oh, btw, I found out that it is the AWAY team that hosts the match--hence why everyone keeps dropping out when they're home.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Oh, btw, I found out that it is the AWAY team that hosts the match--hence why everyone keeps dropping out when they're home.
That's probably why we get screwed so much when people drop.

PBY

Banned
ph33nix said:
I'll be up allll night tonight. Got a 6:55 AM flight so I'm taking an all nighter in!
:lol :lol :lol such a baaaad idea, I've done this before. You'll be a walking zombie in the airport, but its totally worth it if you put down mw2 and get some chel in

Top Bottom