• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

PBY

Banned
Marvie_3 said:
Games like NHL and Madden need an option to be able to watch other people play over live.
soooo true... but I feel that pheeniks' play-by-play will suffice- last time his commentary was brilliant; also, no way i'm gonna make it on tonight- my flight leaves tomorrow at goddam 7:30, so it'll be my brother whos gonna be on the future305 account

Marvie_3

Banned
peterb0y said:
soooo true... but I feel that pheeniks' play-by-play will suffice- last time his commentary was brilliant; also, no way i'm gonna make it on tonight- my flight leaves tomorrow at goddam 7:30, so it'll be my brother whos gonna be on the future305 account
So...I shouldn't send pics of my ass to that account then?

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Just watched the hawks lose in the shootout to LA. I was rooting so hard for Chicago too...just so Marvie would be in good spirits for EASHL tonight. :lol
All I need is a little hulking up.....

2hewupu.jpg

There we go. Let's do this.

Marvie_3

Banned
Glitch after glitch after glitch after fucking glitch after fucking glitch after motherfucking glitch after motherfucking glitch after motherfucking glitch.

Marvie and I got glitched every game we played tonight. It was so bad.

Marvie_3 said:
Glitch after glitch after glitch after fucking glitch after fucking glitch after motherfucking glitch after motherfucking glitch after motherfucking glitch.

It makes no sense but it is so true.

Marvie_3 said:
Seriously. It was like EA was running a "Glitchers get in free night".

They really need two sets of sliders for EASHL. One for "arcade" and one for "sim". Have the arcade be the wreck that it is now, and have sim be a lot slower, a lot more penalties (no after the whistle 30 second check fests), a lot more blocked shots through traffic, less agile goalies, but less hectic play overall to balance it.

And for good measure, throw in a 'player feedback' mechanic so you can see the team you're matching up against and how people rate them.

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on FIFA. I'm bummed that I missed it at $35 (it's back to $47), but I want another sports game. Plus, it has online coop, so I don't have to play against glitchers to have fun online...

Not abandoning NHL by any means, but something to switch to when it gets frustrating would be good. The close games against teams that play HOCKEY are fun...but other 75% are too stressful.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
They really need two sets of sliders for EASHL. One for "arcade" and one for "sim". Have the arcade be the wreck that it is now, and have sim be a lot slower, a lot more penalties (no after the whistle 30 second check fests), a lot more blocked shots through traffic, less agile goalies, but less hectic play overall to balance it.

And for good measure, throw in a 'player feedback' mechanic so you can see the team you're matching up against and how people rate them.
I'd be all for these.

Marvie_3

Banned
I don't know if I'm going to bother with FIFA anymore. My backlog is big enough already. The last thing I need to do is start playing another sports game for dozens of hours.

Marvie_3 said:
I don't know if I'm going to bother with FIFA anymore. My backlog is big enough already. The last thing I need to do is start playing another sports game for dozens of hours.

Come oooon, it'll be maybe-fun. Online coop should be awesome. Think of it: The only glitcher will be YOU!

Edit: Actually looks like the box lies. The only co-op is competitive. God, games are so dumb. Oh well, I'll have fun on my own, trying to learn how to play.

peterb0y said:
we doing the chel dance tonight?

I know that Hardyboy and I will be on. Maybe sooner than later, considering how MNF is going.

Edit: Also, I'm pretty shocked that I responded to "we doing the chel dance tonight" without a rape or chel joke.

Marvie_3

Banned
Alright, I can't stay connected for more than 5 minutes. I'll be on tomorrow afternoon. Let's start next season off the right way.

PBY

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Pheenix = My hero.

Good game all around though, but it's nice to see Pheenix back doing his thing.
agreed x100... but don't sell yourself short man, you were damn solid in net tonight

ph33nix said:
you got your 3rd period shutout though!

disney-magic-kingdom.jpg

:lol Thanks to you guys not allowing any (or more than 1 or 2) shots on goal. But I'll take it.

peterb0y said:
agreed x100... but don't sell yourself short man, you were damn solid in net tonight

Well, thanks--but Marvie played better than I did in net, we just couldn't produce anything in those games except for turnovers and opposing chances.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Well, thanks--but Marvie played better than I did in net, we just couldn't produce anything in those games except for turnovers and opposing chances.
Better when the game wasn't freezing my player or making him do retarded shit maybe....

peterb0y said:
anyone down for some afternoon cheling?
I'll be on in a little while.

Marvie_3

Banned
Ok, not undefeated anymore but we should be. 5-1 but we should be 6-0. We completely dominated that one loss tonight. Fucking dominating night in front of the net for laserbot. :lol

We're also ranked 74th overall.

Tonight proved what we all knew. We can win any game we play when we're not being glitched/spammed the whole time.

Marvie_3 said:
Ok, not undefeated anymore but we should be. 5-1 but we should be 6-0. We completely dominated that one loss tonight. Fucking dominating night in front of the net for laserbot. :lol

We're also ranked 74th overall.

Tonight proved what we all knew. We can win any game we play when we're not being glitched/spammed the whole time.*

*Provided we don't shell a goalie with 40 shots and get completely stopped, only to give up one cheesy goal of their 11 or 12 shots.

Fixed.

But great games tonight. Great team play, good puck movement and just solid defense.

Marvie_3

Banned
Ph33nix and I were 2-0 this afternoon. 2OT wins. 1 against a couple glitchers. 7-1 on the season so far. :D

I think cherry picking our opponents a bit from here on out wouldn't be a bad thing. We'll still run into glitchers now and then but they'll hopefully be the teams that aren't good at it like today. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
Ph33nix and I were 2-0 this afternoon. 2OT wins. 1 against a couple glitchers. 7-1 on the season so far. :D

I think cherry picking our opponents a bit from here on out wouldn't be a bad thing. We'll still run into glitchers now and then but they'll hopefully be the teams that aren't good at it like today. :lol

Dude, that's awesome. I just got FIFA today, so I'll probably play that tonight, but I might be down for one or two NHL games tonight.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm assuming that, since ph33nix hasn't responded to me yet, that he did actually put money on the Nets, welched on the bet, and has now been abducted by his bookie's hired goons. :lol

Hardyboy and I played one game last night. Took a while to find a team that wasn't medal awarded. We ended up in a 2v2 against glitchers anyway. We did pretty well to stop them (wrist shot after wrist shot ad infinitum), but ended up losing 2-1 on a sloppy cross-crease that our defense just let happen with 1 minute left. At least we didn't get shut out...?

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Hardyboy and I played one game last night. Took a while to find a team that wasn't medal awarded. We ended up in a 2v2 against glitchers anyway. We did pretty well to stop them (wrist shot after wrist shot ad infinitum), but ended up losing 2-1 on a sloppy cross-crease that our defense just let happen with 1 minute left. At least we didn't get shut out...?
You sons of bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Top Bottom