• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

baultista

Banned
What is "your time"?

If you have room for another legend card player, I'd be hapy to hop in the lineup (thanks 4 accepting the invite) Note that I can only play LW/C/LD though There's something about the right side of the ice that throws me way off :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
baultista said:
What is "your time"?

If you have room for another legend card player, I'd be hapy to hop in the lineup (thanks 4 accepting the invite) Note that I can only play LW/C/LD though There's something about the right side of the ice that throws me way off :lol
Yeah we always have room. I prefer LW but I always find myself drifting to the opposite side of the ice that I started at no matter where I play. :lol

If you're solid at center, you could play there. Seems like we get killed on faceoffs a lot no matter who is there.

baultista said:
What is "your time"?

I'm in CA, and Peterboy and Pheenix are east coast and ol' Marvie is funky midwest.

Marvie_3 said:
You can take a night off from being violated in a gym shower to chel it up.

No way. Punching things is fun.

baultista

Banned
Marvie_3 said:
Yeah we always have room. I prefer LW but I always find myself drifting to the opposite side of the ice that I started at no matter where I play. :lol

If you're solid at center, you could play there. Seems like we get killed on faceoffs a lot no matter who is there.

Alright... im hopping on now to see if anyone's around. It's 8pm EST, my timezone :lol

PBY

Banned
I may/may not be on tonight, going out for the last time in miami, so it depends when i get back.... However, tom i go back to school, so then I should be able to play a lot more consistently than i am now

Marvie_3

Banned
A few games of good team play grades and that card is mine. We had a good run last night but lost a couple because of stupid AI goalers. In one game the goaler let in 3 goals in the span of about 2 minutes. Spent the rest of the game playing catch up but came up short.

Who are the guys we were playing with last night?

I can't remember their names: Chady Finger Bang and Scubasteve504? Something like that?

The guy playing goal was rad. The other guy was a glitcher like Marvie. I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing, so I'll withhold judgment until Marvie rationalizes it.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Who are the guys we were playing with last night?

I can't remember their names: Chady Finger Bang and Scubasteve504? Something like that?

The guy playing goal was rad. The other guy was a glitcher like Marvie. I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing, so I'll withhold judgment until Marvie rationalizes it.
Chady has been playing with us since last week. He's the dude I found playing OTP. The other guy was someone from his old EASHL team.

Doesn't hurt to have someone on our team that can glitch. I hate it but it'll keep us in games if we need it.

Marvie_3 said:
Chady has been playing with us since last week. He's the dude I found playing OTP. The other guy was someone from his old EASHL team.

Doesn't hurt to have someone on our team that can glitch. I hate it but it'll keep us in games if we need it.

I knew you'd rationalize it. <3

I don't really mind--it's kind of annoying in OTP games where we're playing against them. I mean ............... I think I just kind of hate this game and the "cowabunga dude trick stick oh yeah!" Any time it's used, it looks like a glitcher--even though that isn't true.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I knew you'd rationalize it. <3

I don't really mind--it's kind of annoying in OTP games where we're playing against them. I mean ............... I think I just kind of hate this game and the "cowabunga dude trick stick oh yeah!" Any time it's used, it looks like a glitcher--even though that isn't true.
I get what you mean and I wish that stuff wasn't in the game too, but it doesn't hurt to have someone who can do it and do it well. Chady kept us in games that we normally would have lost. Our record shows that too. It gets irritating losing games on shit like that so if we can use it to at least be competitive, then why not? We're starting to beat teams we should be beating.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Wait....why was I dropped from the league?
Consensus decision. Got to the point where some of the people on our team refused to play with you. Its no secret that the chemistry we had going and our teamplay took a huge dive after you joined. Sorry to do it but that's just how it is.

Sanjuro

Marvie_3 said:
Consensus decision. Got to the point where some of the people on our team refused to play with you. Its no secret that the chemistry we had going and our teamplay took a huge dive after you joined. Sorry to do it but that's just how it is.
Are you kidding me? I came on to have fun and play for both of the seasons now. No need to be a bitter asshole.

Sanjuro

If the records you posted on the front page are any indication then the team already had problems winning games.

For myself financially, physically, and socially the last year has been TERRIBLE for me. Participating in online games with friends have been nothing but therapeutic at best. Once you had given me the word the league was coming back this year I did my best to secure a copy of the game as soon as I could. Then you pull this. You were the only person who seemed to have a problem with me. Last season? You had none. For some strange reason this year you have had it out for me. I go to message you today if you would like to play a game. Find out I've been booted and you then vanish from my friends list. Real nice.

I'm not a stranger to GAF-sports. I have done several of the leagues now even before you arrived on the scene. For each of those I had made myself available to communicate not only on GAF but via messengers and even so far as my phone number. I'm always willing to play when I can and offered many times to do scrimmages. If there was a problem in the team chemistry then you could have addressed it properly and we could have practiced.

As far as my gameplay goes? I play defenseman passively. I never hog the puck or take many shots. I'm always looking to pass the puck and make plays. I don't complain or trash any of my teammates performances like you do. I also haven't created the hypocritical mental world of your acceptable "glitching". I just let it pass though. I played my position and allowed you to do whatever it is you felt would justify something.

You always keep saying there is always room. This is your choice alone. Most of the players from last season are rarely on and never play. I find it very hard to imagine peterboy, pheeniks, laserbot (who were all of the players I mainly teamed with) feeling similar. Last I can recall we played several games playing with human goalies in net and we all had a load of fun doing so.

Overall. Pretty shitty and bummed me out.

Marvie_3

Banned
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
If the records you posted on the front page are any indication then the team already had problems winning games.

For myself financially, physically, and socially the last year has been TERRIBLE for me. Participating in online games with friends have been nothing but therapeutic at best. Once you had given me the word the league was coming back this year I did my best to secure a copy of the game as soon as I could. Then you pull this. You were the only person who seemed to have a problem with me. Last season? You had none. For some strange reason this year you have had it out for me. I go to message you today if you would like to play a game. Find out I've been booted and you then vanish from my friends list. Real nice.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
You always keep saying there is always room. This is your choice alone. Most of the players from last season are rarely on and never play.

First of all, it wasn't just me, so don't pretend to know what you're talking about. There were a few of us that did have a problem with the way things were going. I talked to every regular on the team about what was going on. Being the close-knit group we had going, I wanted to make clear to everyone opinions and make sure everyone knew what everyone else was thinking. You can ask them. Some weren't happy with the situation and some didn't care one way or the other. I just happened to be the one that pushed the button. Losing one player was a lot better solution than losing several players and possibly the whole team.

I honestly don't even remember playing with you last year and if I did, it wasn't many games. But you're right, I didn't have a problem with you before. I know you're a big Red Sox guy(as am I) and I know we played the TMNT remake a couple times this summer, so it's not like I was holding a grudge.

As far as winning games goes, if you go back and look, we were starting to win games. But if the team record was all I gave a shit about, I would have quit the team in September. The team is about having fun, but for awhile it stopped being fun. I'm not placing blame solely on you, but your snarky remarks and demeanor didn't help anything.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
As far as my gameplay goes? I play defenseman passively. I never hog the puck or take many shots. I'm always looking to pass the puck and make plays.
Problem is, this is the stuff you were doing. Not to mention all the penalties and the times you were offsides, which is something that should almost never happen as a defensemen.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I don't complain or trash any of my teammates performances like you do.
I don't either unless the person is continually doing stupid shit, over and over again. Then if I have to harp on someone, I do it. We had this problem with someone earlier this season, someone who will remain nameless. This person kept calling for passes from across the ice, continually turning the puck over, puckhogging, and taking bad shot after bad shot, costing us several games. Two people eventually quit because of him. I'd say something to him, he stopped doing it and all was well. As I've said before, this game is all about fun. It isn't fun when you have a few people ruining things for the rest of the team.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I also haven't created the hypocritical mental world of your acceptable "glitching".
Anyone who's played with me enough knows I don't start shit unless the other team does it first. I would love nothing more than to only play teams who want to play a pure game of hockey. Call me a hypocrite, fine. I am. I hate glitching though. I'd rather these cheap goals not be in the game at all. But I also hate losing games we have no business losing, simply because the other team has been practicing top of the slot wristshots for hours and our goaler is too stupid to stop them. That to me ruins this game more than anything.

I don't like that it had to come to this in the first place but as I said before, I'd rather lose one player than the whole team. If you want back on the team, send me a join request. We'll work something out.

Sanjuro

I'm not pretending to play dumb. So far everyone who I have played with has been pretty cordial and fun. You were the only one leaving the group chat mid-game I noticed plus a particular attitude towards me. I played many games last year in the league and was around until people started not showing up at all.

Snarky remarks and demeanor? I was probably the most vocal person while playing and did my best to keep the chatter up late into the night.

I have only picked up the game about a month ago and you are going to shit on me for penalties? The online is much more sensitive than the previous year and not to mention you guys wanted me to play C/W during many of the games (which is something I never did the previous year). I hardly draw a penalty at all when I play now. I rarely brought up the puck or would hover around the blue line, so I don't understand how you would get that impression of me being offsides frequently

It's a damn internet league. This discussion shouldn't even be happening. If a "few" of you have a problem with where the league is going you should create a private league for yourselves. The entire purpose of this section of the forum is to play with fellow GAF members. Something you have seem to forgotten in your lust for ....?

Marvie_3

Banned
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I'm not pretending to play dumb. So far everyone who I have played with has been pretty cordial and fun. You were the only one leaving the group chat mid-game I noticed plus a particular attitude towards me. I played many games last year in the league and was around until people started not showing up at all.

Snarky remarks and demeanor? I was probably the most vocal person while playing and did my best to keep the chatter up late into the night.
Maybe everyone else has a higher tolerance for dealing with bullshit than I do and that's why they were "cordial".

And there's a big difference in keeping up the chatter and being abrasive.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
so I don't understand how you would get that impression of me being offsides frequently
Um...because you fucking were?

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
It's a damn internet league. This discussion shouldn't even be happening. If a "few" of you have a problem with where the league is going you should create a private league for yourselves. The entire purpose of this section of the forum is to play with fellow GAF members. Something you have seem to forgotten in your lust for ....?
You're right, it shouldn't be happening. Even after I invite you back on the team, you make a post like this basically calling me a liar, and you wonder why there were problems? The few of us that did have a problem with you, ARE GAF members. So why the fuck should we go find a different team?

I said you were welcome to come back and we'd work everything out. If you don't want to, fine. Your call. Either way this discussion is over.

Sanjuro

You might have mistaken me like you have previously, but I was not constantly offsides. Hate to break it to you.

What chatter have I done previously which was abrasive towards the other players? If they have a problem why couldn't it be properly addressed instead of removing me from the team?

What bullshit were these other members smiling through their teeth on?
Marvie_3 said:
You're right, it shouldn't be happening. Even after I invite you back on the team, you make a post like this basically calling me a liar, and you wonder why there were problems? The few of us that did have a problem with you, ARE GAF members. So why the fuck should we go find a different team?
You should go to a different team because if winning and excellence are that important to you or the other members then go off on your own and do it. Don't call out people who are committed to keeping the team active. You say "discussion is over" yet you come across very childish fueling fire and don't address anything other than your ego.

baultista

Banned
Gentlemen... lets get some perspective:

1) It's a hockey videogame.
2) The team is in the casual league
3) You're all terrible players :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
You might have mistaken me like you have previously, but I was not constantly offsides. Hate to break it to you.

What chatter have I done previously which was abrasive towards the other players? If they have a problem why couldn't it be properly addressed instead of removing me from the team?

What bullshit were these other members smiling through their teeth on?

You should go to a different team because if winning and excellence are that important to you or the other members then go off on your own and do it. Don't call out people who are committed to keeping the team active. You say "discussion is over" yet you come across very childish fueling fire and don't address anything other than your ego.
Here's the thing. Twice now I have offered to put this shit in the past and invited you back to the team. Twice you reply with a post insulting me and calling me a liar, yet I'm being childish? Maybe it's your fucking ego and your desire to prove everyone else wrong that is keeping this discussion going.

Oh and as far as being committed to keeping this team active....I think my playing 400+ games with this team says enough.

I said this discussion was over because it is. I've moved on. You should too.

baultista said:
Gentlemen... lets get some perspective:

1) It's a hockey videogame.
2) The team is in the casual league
3) You're all terrible players :lol
I know. :( :lol

Sanjuro

Marvie_3 said:
Here's the thing. Twice now I have offered to put this shit in the past and invited you back to the team. Twice you reply with a post insulting me and calling me a liar, yet I'm being childish? Maybe it's your fucking ego and your desire to prove everyone else wrong that is keeping this discussion going.

Oh and as far as being committed to keeping this team active....I think my playing 400+ games with this team says enough.
My ego? I didn't have a problem until you brought out this nonsense and I called you out on it. You have invited me back to the league, but each time in doing so you keep thinking of other hurtful gestures to accompany the invitation. I'm not trying to prove anyone wrong but simply address the statements you keep throwing out there.

That's great that you play the game a great deal. It shouldn't entitle you to treat people poorly who just want to actively play with fellow members. You need to step back and really re-read the entire saga on this page. You have offered no apology and shown no resentment to anything you have said about someone who has done nothing deserving of this and as recent as a day ago just wanted to play the with friends.

i smelled drama in this thread.
and i was right.
Michael%20Jackson%20Jackson_popcorn.gif

Marvie_3

Banned
I think we need to start doing what pheenix and I were talking about last night: weekly team-wide themes for our player names.

Stupid EA censoring Dikembe Mutombo..... :lol

I think I'm going to try center like Baultista recommended. My team play grade is the only thing holding me back at this point. I can get my guy up to a 95 in faceoffs so I can't see myself losing a ton of them.

Edit: Nevermind. He said Offensive Dman at wing was the best. Guess I'll switch from sniper then.

baultista

Banned
Marvie_3 said:
I think we need to start doing what pheenix and I were talking about last night: weekly team-wide themes for our player names.

Stupid EA censoring Dikembe Mutombo..... :lol

I think I'm going to try center like Baultista recommended. My team play grade is the only thing holding me back at this point. I can get my guy up to a 95 in faceoffs so I can't see myself losing a ton of them.

Edit: Nevermind. He said Offensive Dman at wing was the best. Guess I'll switch from sniper then.
Be careful when calling for passes too... I think they record a turnover every time your player misses one of those. It can be frustrating at times b/c it'll be an obvious pass for the AI to make and they'll still somehow find a way to muck it up.

Offensive D-men have the fastest speed by default. They have good checking, good shots, and have all of the deking/puck control/passing stats you really need out of the box. The low stats on offensive Dmen are usually the irrelevant ones... except for the bad balance n shit.

I like being a grinder at centre (intercept passes better, huge hits, great faceoffs). You could try a playmaker too, but the balance/checking is really low.

---

I went to Futureshop today and they didn't have any of the wired Xbox360 mics! I'm going to try my other controller and see if that helps... if not, I'll be a mute for another day.

I might hop on for a game or two soon... I want to watch a bit more of this Pittsburgh/Calgary game.

Marvie_3

Banned
Man I hate being a goalie in overtime games.... :lol

Holy crap. My grades as a goalie are almost as good as my skater grades. I'm going to end up with my goalie legend card before my skater one. :lol

Moussi

Marvie_3 said:
Man I hate being a goalie in overtime games.... :lol

Holy crap. My grades as a goalie are almost as good as my skater grades. I'm going to end up with my goalie legend card before my skater one. :lol
woah that's impressive.

Marvie_3

Banned
Moussi said:
woah that's impressive.
Not really. :lol

Its pretty much impossible to get lower than an A in position score and lower than a B+ in team play. My stat grade balances out around a C because I'll have one game where I get an A and an F the next. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Only 8 more hours on campus today! Then home to watch the rest of the Blackhawks game. After that its chel time. Be there or be square.

I fucking hate tuesdays and thursdays... :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I have a headache, sweetheart.
Stop whining! You lack discipline! I'm going to ask you some questions, and I want them answered immediately! Who is your daddy, and what does he do?

Top Bottom