• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

Marvie_3

Banned
Latest roster update is out:
This morning the team pushed out Roster Update #6 for NHL 10 fans to download. Big thanks to all those that provided their feedback in the Rosters Forum where our team dives into for the latest revision requests. Here are this update’s additions:

- Updated 60+ Goalie’s equipment and colors

- Updated National Team Rosters (Licenses permitting)

- Updated the NHL, AHL, Elitserien, SM-Liga, NLA leagues as of Saturday Jan 12

- Added 20+ PHPA Signee’s

Rochester Americans - Evgeny Dadonov, James DeLory, Matt Duffy

Rockford IceHogs - Akim Aliu, Brian Connelly, Simon Danis-Pepin, David Phillips, Alec Richards

San Antonio Rampage - Colin Long, Mark Mitera, Dan Sexton

Texas Stars - Kevin DeVergilio, Sergei Korostin, Scott McCulloch, Michael Neal, Colton Sceviour, Mathieu Tousignant

Toronto Marlies - Alex Berry, Richard Greenop, Juraj Mikus, Dale Mitchell, Greg Scott, Robert Slaney

Wilkes Barre/Scranton Penguins - Pierro-Zabotel Casey
Too bad there isn't a way to retroactively add these players into my Be A GM mode. Might have to start over now. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
New tuners coming soon:

Over the holiday break a few of the NHL 10 developers were notified of an exploit in the game that some were using to avoid getting losses when playing EASHL games. Many thanks to those in the community that assisted with re-creating the issue.
Excerpt taken from The Monday FTW

However, shame on those that would take advantage of such bugs in the game! Yes, I know, these should’ve been found before the game is shipped though I’ve never been a fan of people who would exploit such issues in games instead of taking a loss like man. Anyhow, the team was able to identify the root cause of the bug and have since deployed a server-side fix to address the issue. Producer Matt Mahar made this statement on the NHL 10 forums late last week:

“…The adjustment of the privacy settings was causing inconsistencies with the game reports that we produce at the end of each game and the game would be thrown out. Meaning, no loss to a team when one should have been counted. This was used by only a few teams and did not result in any major point adjustments.

We have fixed the issue and pushed the server side fix up last night. This should no longer be occurring.”

Furthermore, the team has also been working on some tweaks for the next Tuner Set scheduled for release in the next two weeks. Matt and others on the team have been lurking in the NHL 10 and other hockey gaming forums for gameplay feedback and have spent some time working on further improvements to the game.

Add the work the Rosters team has been continually providing since launch and it’s no wonder they have once again received kudos throughout the industry as one of the strongest game teams around. The latest from Producers Andy Agostini and Gurn Sumal is that fans can expect to see National Teams updated before the beginning of the Olympics answering the call put out by the community to skate as their favorite countrymen.
Not gonna hold my breath but giving the Dmen and goalers some anti-retardation meds would be nice.

Marvie_3

Banned
Good games today Moussi.

Something felt off today so I went and changed my name back to Scott Baio. Next game I get a hat trick. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
4-4 on the night for the new look Banhammers. Would have been more if I hadn't stunk up the joint in net in a couple games. Chady and Laserbot fuckin tore it up with 30+ points combined. :lol

Edit: Couldn't sleep so I hopped back on NHL for a bit. Played goaler. Had ~45 saves in a 3OT game and the lost it on the weakest fuckin goal possible. I hate this game sometimes. :lol

PBY

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
FIFA is rad tight. The FIFA development team needs to walk over to the NHL dev team and slap some sense into those fuckers about physics.
this x10000... that game is awesome

peterb0y said:
this x10000... that game is awesome

In NHL, no matter what happens, as soon as the puck hits the stick, it acts as though there is full control and your player is parked in a perfect shooting situation--you can lift the puck up and to the opposite corner with zero effort. In FIFA, that shit (at least when you put shooting to semi or manual, I never played in assisted) needs to be under control, on the correct foot, and even then, if you put too much power or aim too hard to a side, it will sail wide or high. It's frustrating, but realistic in that you can't just bomb in anything from anywhere to moment you touch the ball. Makes goals feel awesome when you score.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
We had some great games last night--and evened it out with stinkers.

That Chady Fair Play dude is a BEAST. I feel like Bernie Nicholls in 1988-89.
You guys were both beasting last night. It was awesome. :D

Props for the Bernie Nicholls reference too. :lol

SnakeswithLasers said:
FIFA is rad tight. The FIFA development team needs to walk over to the NHL dev team and slap some sense into those fuckers about physics.
SnakeswithLasers said:
In NHL, no matter what happens, as soon as the puck hits the stick, it acts as though there is full control and your player is parked in a perfect shooting situation--you can lift the puck up and to the opposite corner with zero effort. In FIFA, that shit (at least when you put shooting to semi or manual, I never played in assisted) needs to be under control, on the correct foot, and even then, if you put too much power or aim too hard to a side, it will sail wide or high. It's frustrating, but realistic in that you can't just bomb in anything from anywhere to moment you touch the ball. Makes goals feel awesome when you score.
Couldn't agree more with this. Especially after that goal last night. The one where the human player passed it to the AI from the top of the circle to the front of the crease. Then the AI player stops it with the opposite side of the stick and then the puck is in the top corner of the net before the AI's stick even moved.

I'd kill a man, maybe more than one, for a realistic puck physics engine.

Marvie_3

Banned
peterb0y said:
my love affair with madden/fifa is gonna end soon I PROMISE! Ill most likely be on tonight
GET THE FUCK ONLINE

21oy81l.jpg

peterb0y said:
ill be online tonight 10000%... gotta get those legend cards

Good.

I'm so upset at this game right now. Marvie and I sacrificed all fun last night to try to grind out our cards------only to discover that it wasn't counting stats when it was 2 player games. Apparently 3 player games count, so we're going to have to grind out stat padding--which is tough to do with more than 2 players.

I suppose we can alternate who is on their own team and play defenseman---seems to be really easy to get good grades as a dman. Just make sure we don't royally fuck up the other person's +/-.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I hate this game with a fiery passion.
Would have been fine if we had checked to see that 2 people couldn't get the job done. :lol

peterb0y said:
ill be online tonight 10000%... gotta get those legend cards
We could probably get all 3 of ours tonight if we all played defensemen.

Edit: Didn't see that moran posted 3 minutes before me. I think we'd just have to feel it out as fas as positions, stats, etc. One person should play solo until they get the card, the whoever is next closest switches to play alone, then the 3rd. If we keep switching back and forth it could slow down everything.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I just hate that you have to fucking grind--and that playing even an "ok" game during that grind will fuck your progress.
Yeah but with the ease of good positioning and stat scores, it makes it much more tolerable.

Marvie_3 said:
Yeah but with the ease of good positioning and stat scores, it makes it much more tolerable.

I was reading someone online saying they had A-, B, A- and they didn't unlock legend. If that's the case, I'm going to shoot a man.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I was reading someone online saying they had A-, B, A- and they didn't unlock legend. If that's the case, I'm going to shoot a man.
That averages out to a high B+ though. Good thing we'll have A+'s in stat grades. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
That averages out to a high B+ though. Good thing we'll have A+'s in stat grades. :lol

Bullshit. We both had a couple of C stat games last night. That means, through NHL 10's logic, that we now need to make up for those two C games with 14 A+ games. Total mindfuck.

Wait...really? I just read this at OS:

First, over in the eashl forum it's been confirmed by a developer that aggressiveness and toughness are actually useful.
Aggressiveness will intimidate the other team when you hit them, making it harder for them to connect on passes, and to keep control of the puck.
Toughness helps you to avoid being intimidated.
These are neutralized some if your team scores and after each period.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Bullshit. We both had a couple of C stat games last night. That means, through NHL 10's logic, that we now need to make up for those two C games with 14 A+ games. Total mindfuck.
We had C team play grades, not stats. Either way, we're getting those fucking cards.

SnakeswithLasers said:
Wait...really? I just read this at OS:
You didn't know that?

Marvie_3 said:
We had C team play grades, not stats. Either way, we're getting those fucking cards.

We had Cs in stats in both games we lost. We got shut out twice, so I can't imagine either of us were rocking A+.

You didn't know that?

No, I didn't know that. I thought all those stats were fucking useless. I'll be putting all my legend card points into toughness.

WTF I didn't know that about aggressiveness and toughness either, holy shit does that mean durability/endurance are also a factor? (I never notice my dude getting any slower)

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
When are we doing this? I MUST KNOWWWWWW!!!!
I'm walking home from class right now. I'll be on in 30mins.

peterb0y said:
um... hopefully we can go right now... or both of you guys gonna be very pist... the gf is coming over
Bros before hos dude. You know the rules.

ph33nix said:
WTF I didn't know that about aggressiveness and toughness either, holy shit does that mean durability/endurance are also a factor? (I never notice my dude getting any slower)
Durability and endurance are strictly offline stats.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Sorry, I was all jazzed to play, but then Peterboy didn't send me any pics of his girlfriend, so I cried myself to sleep early.
That's because there is no "girlfriend". His "girlfriend" is really just his mom since she's the only woman that would want to spend time with a rapist like him. She only does this because he is her son and there isn't any danger of a rape taking place.

......Or is there?

Top Bottom