• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

baultista

Banned
1) If I see this team on tonight I will issue a challenge. If Task Force 141 challenges you to a game, you'd better accept!!

2) Is there any interest in an NHL 10 Vs. league? Glitchers have ruined the ranked vs experience for me... I've also grown tired of getting "haha ur <profanity> bad" messages when a guy beats me 3-2 in overtime on a wraparound glitch :lol

3) If my friends are lame and don't want to play OTP, please accept my team join invite (GT: baultista)

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
:lol :lol :lol

have you stepped into the nba thread yet...
I haven't even watched an NBA game in over 5 years. No reason to go in that thread. I don't know if I even want to now. :lol

baultista said:
Do you turn the puck over a lot? If you're the type of player that turns the puck over a lot, you'll always have a low team play rating. If you're going to rack up a lot of giveaways, you better rack up some takeaways too.

Oh and sorry for completely ditching the GAF team, but I got called up to Division 1 for a bit :lol
ph33nix said:
Marvie doesn't turn it over a lot. A lot of the turnovers in this game really are unforced turnovers, which kinda sucks.
This. Doesn't help when the opposing AI can pick off everything within 50 feet of them while our AI always seem to let the puck go right through their legs. If you look at my turnover total, it looks like I turn the puck over a lot. When you look at the amount of games I've played it doesn't look bad at all. :lol

Moussi said:
durrr hurrr i originally posted in this thread that i was going to sign up and play with you guys but my friend from work told me to join his team so i left. well now he barely plays and i'd like to join again to i sent another request.

At least i has experience naow.
Welcome back aboard friend.

Marvie_3 said:
I haven't even watched an NBA game in over 5 years. No reason to go in that thread. I don't know if I even want to now. :lol

you dont even need to read. just browse the avatars from the last 3 pages and you'll see what the fuck's been going on :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
you dont even need to read. just browse the avatars from the last 3 pages and you'll see what the fuck's been going on :lol
Ok I went. I also forwarded the thread to the cult division of the FBI. Sick fucks.....

Marvie_3

Banned
baultista said:
Is there any interest in an NHL 10 Vs. league? Glitchers have ruined the ranked vs experience for me... I've also grown tired of getting "haha ur <profanity> bad" messages when a guy beats me 3-2 in overtime on a wraparound glitch :lol
There has been. We began setting one up a while back with the intent of starting it after the holidays. These teams are taken:

Anaheim - SnakesWithLasers
Calgary - Peterboy
Chicago - Marvie_3
Detroit - CrazedArabMan
Los Angeles or Columbus - Hardyboy
Nashville - Sefskillz

Moussi said:
wtf? I went to my clubs and it said i am not in a club??
There have been problems with the EA servers today. Double check to make sure you're connected to them or it will say you're not on a team.

Moussi

well i was able to send another join request so I guess the server never registered me on the team even though I got a message confirming I did make it. :|

Marvie_3

Banned
Accepted both of your join requests.

Baultista, you should be the Laffs. Would do everyone else in the league a favor with that goaltending duo. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Oh, and if you two haven't, add 'NHL10GAF' to your xbox live friends list. Then we can see who's online without having to add a bunch of people.

Marvie_3

Banned
*Deleted the team Twitter account(nobody ever used it anyway) and made a couple roster changes.

Where the hell is everyone?

Marvie_3 said:
*Deleted the team Twitter account(nobody ever used it anyway) and made a couple roster changes.

Where the hell is everyone?

I can get on after heat-suns

we had a twitter? :lol :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
I can get on after heat-suns

we had a twitter? :lol :lol
Link to it was in the OP. It was up since about a week after I made the thread. I set it up because there were a few players who were on last years team that were banned from GAF. They could follow everything there and post there. Nobody ever used it though. :lol

i had no idea you guys were even playing nhl 09 last year at all, me and woodchuck were in the club for forever before we moved elsewhere :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
peterb0y said:
interesting, haha.... and i wont be able to make it online tonight, gl with ur games tho
1agrb.jpg

Unacceptable, my friend.

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
i had no idea you guys were even playing nhl 09 last year at all, me and woodchuck were in the club for forever before we moved elsewhere :lol
Where is woodchuck? Didn't he say he was going to join a long time ago?

PBY

Banned
ph33nix said:
same dude- i think i might actually still be on the 09 GAF club roster, i just never played b/c i didn't know when u guys were playing

i wish i could talk more but its not sound proof in my house

are you guys fucking wasted? :lol :lol

nvm it was just laserbot lol

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
i wish i could talk more but its not sound proof in my house

are you guys fucking wasted? :lol :lol

nvm it was just laserbot lol
I was drinking too. Not as drunk as laserbot but I was getting there. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
The GAF OTP games tonight really helped my grades out. We need to play a few more soon. I'll have my legend card soon, then we can get laserbot's and peterboy's. By then Hardyboy should be close to the amount of games he needs for his.

Marvie_3

Banned
I played a couple dominating games in net(since I didn't want to lower my skater grades) during some OTP games today. Had a shutout and almost 25 saves until I gave up a WEAK breakaway goal to a GIANT defenseman with less than 2 minutes to go. :lol

I learned something pretty interesting in that game though. Checking after the whistle lowers your team play grade. No wonder my team play grade has been shit since I started playing so much OTP. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
I played a couple dominating games in net(since I didn't want to lower my skater grades) during some OTP games today. Had a shutout and almost 25 saves until I gave up a WEAK breakaway goal to a GIANT defenseman with less than 2 minutes to go. :lol

I learned something pretty interesting in that game though. Checking after the whistle lowers your team play grade. No wonder my team play grade has been shit since I started playing so much OTP. :lol

WTF? EXPLAIN!?!?

Marvie_3 said:
Apparently if you go around checking people after the whistle it lowers your team play grade for the game.

that is the STUPIDEST thing i've ever heard put in a game. what's the criticism you get for it?? where'd you hear/know about this

wtf!! checking people after the whistle was the best thing about nhl especially in 09 when it was easy to knock someone to the ground :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
that is the STUPIDEST thing i've ever heard put in a game. what's the criticism you get for it?? where'd you hear/know about this

wtf!! checking people after the whistle was the best thing about nhl especially in 09 when it was easy to knock someone to the ground :lol
It makes sense though. Why should your team play grade be high if you act like a motherfucking cocksucking assface after the whistle?

peterb0y said:
we chelin?
I'll be on in a bit. Just got home from the Wild/Blackhawks game and I need to refill with rageahol first.

Marvie_3 said:
It makes sense though. Why should your team play grade be high if you act like a motherfucking cocksucking assface after the whistle?

I'll be on in a bit. Just got home from the Wild/Blackhawks game and I need to refill with rageahol first.

it doesn't affect the game itself though. and I thought they extended the time after the whistle is blown (which I'm personally not a fan of) so people could get more hits in

I don't think it affects your TP grade but I could be wrong. and if it does, that's kinda stupid IMO...putting in the extra time after the whistle is just a waste

and I'm not sure if I'll chel tonight, but definitely tomorrow. my last night at home, just popped in a pill, probably gonna be real tired soon.

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
it doesn't affect the game itself though. and I thought they extended the time after the whistle is blown (which I'm personally not a fan of) so people could get more hits in

I don't think it affects your TP grade but I could be wrong. and if it does, that's kinda stupid IMO...putting in the extra time after the whistle is just a waste
You can take penalties and injure guys(offline) after the whistle. That stuff does affect the game. No reason everything else you do then shouldn't have some effect.

Marvie_3 said:
You can take penalties and injure guys(offline) after the whistle. That stuff does affect the game. No reason everything else you do then shouldn't have some effect.

I didn't know that. But I'm not sure why the game online would really dock you for that since you can't injure anyone and get penalized for anything (unless you engage in a fight)

I just can't imagine EA making hitting people after the whistle in online play a real "negative"
oh wait yes I can
I hope the drive to get the A- isn't driving you crazy (although I think it did to me too lol) If they do hit you for that though....then that's pretty fucking nit-picky on EA's part, since they are already bitches about "turnovers" and stuff like that

i could understand them making this a negative offline since you can thug people and take them out, but its a different animal online. and if they really do fuck you like that online, well, this is the NO HIT LEAGUE (the equivalent of the No Fun League since Roger "our dear leader" Goodell took over)

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
I didn't know that. But I'm not sure why the game online would really dock you for that since you can't injure anyone and get penalized for anything (unless you engage in a fight)

I just can't imagine EA making hitting people after the whistle in online play a real "negative"
oh wait yes I can
I hope the drive to get the A- isn't driving you crazy (although I think it did to me too lol) If they do hit you for that though....then that's pretty fucking nit-picky on EA's part, since they are already bitches about "turnovers" and stuff like that

i could understand them making this a negative offline since you can thug people and take them out, but its a different animal online. and if they really do fuck you like that online, well, this is the NO HIT LEAGUE (the equivalent of the No Fun League since Roger "our dear leader" Goodell took over)
You can take penalties after the whistle online too. If you sit there and hit a guy enough, you get called for roughing. Same thing with poke checking or slashing the goalie. Plus it the more you hit after the whistle, the longer it takes to get back to a faceoff. To me there are plenty of reasons why the team play grade could be affected by your after-whistle conduct.

I've just been playing goaler online since I really don't want my skater grades messed up by some random schmucks.

The NHL isn't nearly as bad as the NFL. The NFL is almost unwatchable to me anymore. What a joke of a league. Goodell is a moron too. Although, if he allows the Vikings to move to L.A. in 2 years like I'm hoping, I may blow the man due to my overwhelming joy.

Marvie_3 said:
You can take penalties after the whistle online too. If you sit there and hit a guy enough, you get called for roughing. Same thing with poke checking or slashing the goalie. Plus it the more you hit after the whistle, the longer it takes to get back to a faceoff. To me there are plenty of reasons why the team play grade could be affected by your after-whistle conduct.

I've just been playing goaler online since I really don't want my skater grades messed up by some random schmucks.

The NHL isn't nearly as bad as the NFL. The NFL is almost unwatchable to me anymore. What a joke of a league. Goodell is a moron too. Although, if he allows the Vikings to move to L.A. in 2 years like I'm hoping, I may blow the man due to my overwhelming joy.

Well when that day comes, I'm changing my name to Goodell. zing.

Marvie_3 said:

Holy shit that blows my mind. I didn't know you could get penalties after the whistle because I always go around hitting everyone as hard as I can :lol

and the nfl is still watchable for me, except when tom brady is a pussy and wants a late hit for flopping...and the fact that the league tries to fine ochocinco every chance it gets although to me his celebrations are the greatest thing ever and everyone needs to do the same.

you know what else blows my mind? i'm on a goddamn PLANE right now back to NYC

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
Holy shit that blows my mind. I didn't know you could get penalties after the whistle because I always go around hitting everyone as hard as I can :lol

and the nfl is still watchable for me, except when tom brady is a pussy and wants a late hit for flopping...and the fact that the league tries to fine ochocinco every chance it gets although to me his celebrations are the greatest thing ever and everyone needs to do the same.

you know what else blows my mind? i'm on a goddamn PLANE right now back to NYC
If the other person hits you back its harder to get a penalty. You can get matching minors if you both sit there and wail on each other.

Stop browsing GAF on the plane! You'll make it crash!

Marvie_3

Banned
Since ph33nix hasn't posted in this thread for several hours, I'm just going to assume his charred body is laying amongst burning plane wreckage in a field somewhere in Maryland.

Goodbye sweet prince......

Marvie_3 said:
Since ph33nix hasn't posted in this thread for several hours, I'm just going to assume his charred body is laying amongst burning plane wreckage in a field somewhere in Maryland.

Goodbye sweet prince......

If only he'd have followed standard FAA regulations... =(

Marvie_3

Banned
Ok, once again I've worked my way back up to the cusp of my legend card. Chady, ph33nix, and I played some dominating games online tonight. Both losses were because the goaler went all ruhtarded. We should play a couple GAF OTP games so I can get my legend card. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
Ok, once again I've worked my way back up to the cusp of my legend card. Chady, ph33nix, and I played some dominating games online tonight. Both losses were because the goaler went all ruhtarded. We should play a couple GAF OTP games so I can get my legend card. :lol

I can probably do a game or two around 9:30 my time.

Top Bottom