• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

Marvie_3

Banned
peterb0y said:
lol just woke up... laserbots bed is really nice
You two are gonna make a cute couple. Can I come to your wedding?

What time are we playing tonight? 'Hawks play the Canucks tonight at 10EST so I won't be on from 10pm~12:30am EST.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'll be on after the 'Hawks game. We need to finish this stuff.

This feels like the World of Warcraft episode of South Park, only instead of one dickhole killing everybody, it's a shitty grading system killing us. When we finally beat it we can go back to playing the game normally. :lol

i check this thread to find out that we have two lovers on the team

....in any case i'd be down for a few games tonight myself

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
i check this thread to find out that we have two lovers on the team

....in any case i'd be down for a few games tonight myself
Yep. Laserbot started cheating on me with peterboy. I got back at laserbot by stealing his girlfriend and taking her to depeche mode concerts.

PBY

Banned
Marvie_3 said:
Nope. Peterboy is never online anymore.
oh man my bad, couldn't make it online b/c i went out tonight- just got back from unc.... but my roommate stayed in and he was pissed off, he has no idea what chel is :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
peterb0y said:
oh man my bad, couldn't make it online b/c i went out tonight- just got back from unc.... but my roommate stayed in and he was pissed off, he has no idea what chel is :lol
I sent a fuckton of messages thinking it was you. :lol

Seriously though, we need to finish this shit.

PBY

Banned
Marvie_3 said:
I sent a fuckton of messages thinking it was you. :lol

Seriously though, we need to finish this shit.
i know lol my roomie told me, he was getting pisssssssed- not that i give a fuck considreing its my xbox tho- anyways hows about tomorrow night? i for sure am staying in.

Marvie_3

Banned
peterb0y said:
i know lol my roomie told me, he was getting pisssssssed- not that i give a fuck considreing its my xbox tho- anyways hows about tomorrow night? i for sure am staying in.
Yeah, fuck your roommate. He should at least get his own gamertag.

Tomorrow night works for me. What say you Bot de Laser?

Marvie_3 said:
Yeah, fuck your roommate. He should at least get his own gamertag.

Tomorrow night works for me. What say you Bot de Laser?

Sure, around 9 or 10 PST. Depends on if Meg wants to watch a movie though...but on Sunday she usually falls asleep early.
Peterboy, mail me some roofies.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Sure, around 9 or 10 PST. Depends on if Meg wants to watch a movie though...but on Sunday she usually falls asleep early.
Peterboy, mail me some roofies.
Works for me.

If peterboy's roomie is on his xbox again, I'm going to send chel after chel after chel after chel until he leaves and lets us chel.

get the cards already i want to play some hockey. go jets/saints,
laserbot and mark Sanchez look a like twins'es beard and all the only different is laserbot has a limp noddle for an arm.

Marvie_3

Banned
:lol
ph33nix said:
how close are you guys to those damn cards? I feel like we haven't played an actual game in ages I need my NHL :(
Laserbot and I could have them in 3-4 games. Gonna get them tonight.

I'm in such a fuckin good mood after the Vikings/Saints game. Motherfucker am I going to be stupid drunk by the time we're chelling. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Another day, another night of no hockey.

I'm just going to grind it out in net. At this rate its going to take weeks to get it the other way.

Marvie_3 said:
Another day, another night of no hockey.

I'm just going to grind it out in net. At this rate its going to take weeks to get it the other way.

that sucks get the dumb cards already
go saints.
yeah i cant play games like that i want to play hockey but not like that. just let me know when you get it really want to wear the eagle jersey's

PBY

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
go saints.
yeah i cant play games like that i want to play hockey but not like that. just let me know when you get it really want to wear the eagle jersey's
i honestly don't really care about my card, im just helping out marvie and laserbot (yeah, it would be nice if i got mine since they're also going out of their way to help me out, but whatever), so im up for playing regular games- just hit me up if you want to play some otp or club games

Marvie_3

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
go saints.
Well, the sooner we get this done, the sooner we get back to playing hockey.

peterb0y said:
i honestly don't really care about my card, im just helping out marvie and laserbot (yeah, it would be nice if i got mine since they're also going out of their way to help me out, but whatever), so im up for playing regular games- just hit me up if you want to play some otp or club games
OTP or club games could potentially ruin any progress we made towards your card.

PBY

Banned
i can most likely fit 1-2 games in, but thats about it... im watching universal soldier regeneration tonight:lol

Marvie_3

Banned
peterb0y said:
i can most likely fit 1-2 games in, but thats about it... im watching universal soldier regeneration tonight:lol
Not nearly as good as the original but surprisingly watchable.

But dude.....chel!

Sorry guys. I didn't realize sunday was football. I went out with Meg's friends for the games, and they're all alcoholics in their early 20s. So...basically I got so drunk that it's Tuesday and I'm not sure what happened to Monday. =(

Marvie_3

Banned
So are we going to finish this tonight or what? I feel bad leaving ph33nix and hardyboy on the sidelines for so long. No reason we shouldn't have had this done by now.

Marvie_3 said:
So are we going to finish this tonight or what? I feel bad leaving ph33nix and hardyboy on the sidelines for so long. No reason we shouldn't have had this done by now.

don't feel to bad i been having to play wii fit, so i will be in shape when we get back to hockey.

PBY

Banned
Marvie_3 said:
ill be there fo sho... WE CHELLIN TONIGHT!

Hardyboy1224 said:
don't feel to bad i been having to play wii fit, so i will be in shape when we get back to hockey.

wiifithula.jpg

What I don't understand is why nobody likes playing the OTP games to get stats together for cards. EASHL games always end up frustrating as fuck, and hanging out in the OTP games, just having a good time for a couple periods and then farming goals in the third ... how is that less fun than playing against "random glitch club from canada #624"?

I'm genuinely curious because I think I'm the only one having more fun just fucking around in OTP with you guys and not dealing with the atrocious and unbalanced AI, complete cock-bag other teams, and all the glitches and bugs of EASHL.

Marvie_3

Banned
peterb0y said:
ill be there fo sho... WE CHELLIN TONIGHT!
You said this like 4 times last week too. :lol

SnakeswithLasers said:
What I don't understand is why nobody likes playing the OTP games to get stats together for cards. EASHL games always end up frustrating as fuck, and hanging out in the OTP games, just having a good time for a couple periods and then farming goals in the third ... how is that less fun than playing against "random glitch club from canada #624"?

I'm genuinely curious because I think I'm the only one having more fun just fucking around in OTP with you guys and not dealing with the atrocious and unbalanced AI, complete cock-bag other teams, and all the glitches and bugs of EASHL.
I sort of agree with you on this. Its not like we aren't playing the OTP games. We just make sure everyone gets the grades they need. Also, its not like we are going to play 'pull the goalie' games forever. Once we get our cards we can play however we want.

Ultimately, its a team game and all we're trying to do is make the team a little better and more competitive.

theres only five people that play so its tough enough to get a game in. i will play otp if we were playing real games. i understand u are trying to get your cards, and i hope u all get them, i am down for the club, but i am not interested in cards and points and that stuff i am a team player gamer i only play games were i can team up and accomplish something like winning games. its like would you guys play modern warfare 2 and play 1 vs 1 stand in front of each other shooting each other to get the max kills you need to level up??? thats kind of how i see the hockey thing. but i am down to play when we have to try to stop the cross cress and the glitch shot. thats fun for me, like games where its like who can score the most... but thats every game

Hardyboy1224 said:
theres only five people that play so its tough enough to get a game in. i will play otp if we were playing real games. i understand u are trying to get your cards, and i hope u all get them, i am down for the club, but i am not interested in cards and points and that stuff i am a team player gamer i only play games were i can team up and accomplish something like winning games. its like would you guys play modern warfare 2 and play 1 vs 1 stand in front of each other shooting each other to get the max kills you need to level up??? thats kind of how i see the hockey thing. but i am down to play when we have to try to stop the cross cress and the glitch shot. thats fun for me, like games where its like who can score the most... but thats every game

I see what you mean, but to me it's more like we're playing WoW and there is a dungeon that is trivial because everyone outgears it, but one person needs a certain drop, so you run it for them until they get it. I used to do that shit all the time with my guild, and had a lot of fun, so this doesn't seem that weird to me. But I guess it's a different dynamic if you're used to playing competitive console games--which is why I think it's bullshit that they have the grade system tied to player building in the first place.

The thing that stinks the most is that a) Marvie and I can't do it alone, because you HAVE to have 3 people for the games to count and b) If we play regular games, that fucks up all the effort we've put into getting our cards. So basically we're at an impasse where we either give up on our cards or recruit someone to help us grind them out.

If the normal EASHL shit wasn't so broken, I wouldn't mind just saying "fuck it"--but I get bummed playing EASHL games and dealing with that broken system of cross-crease and glitch shots and end up turning off the xbox pissed off more nights than not.

Marvie_3

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
theres only five people that play so its tough enough to get a game in. i will play otp if we were playing real games. i understand u are trying to get your cards, and i hope u all get them, i am down for the club, but i am not interested in cards and points and that stuff i am a team player gamer i only play games were i can team up and accomplish something like winning games.
Which is what this whole thing about. Trying to make our TEAM better.

Hardyboy1224 said:
its like would you guys play modern warfare 2 and play 1 vs 1 stand in front of each other shooting each other to get the max kills you need to level up??? thats kind of how i see the hockey thing. but i am down to play when we have to try to stop the cross cress and the glitch shot. thats fun for me, like games where its like who can score the most... but thats every game
We wouldn't do it in Modern Warfare 2 because there isnt such a bullshit grading system like there is in NHL. You don't get punished in MW2 because retarded AI teammates decide not to pick up your pass or the AI goalie decides to let in 50 fuckin goals or because the game decides when and who to give arbitrary penalties to.

All of us who have the required number of games played have fuckin earned these cards whether the grades say so or not. The amount of bullshit you have to go through to even get close to them is staggering. Why should we be punished because we play properly or get stuck with shitty AI?

SnakeswithLasers said:
Heeeeeey-----is it possible to play with 2 people on the same console in OTP and have it count?
I can get Megan to play with us...
It's worth a shot I guess. I just wanna get this over with.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I don't want to pay for gold membership for nothing!
Fuck that idea then. I don't think it would even work. I think she'd need her own xbox and copy of NHL anyway.

Peterboy and Sanjuro both said they'd be on so hopefully we'll actually get 3 for once. :lol

Top Bottom