• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

Marvie_3

Banned
Scott Baio can now be called what he should be known as......A LEGEND.

2u8j5hf.jpg

PBY

Banned
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The grindage is OVER!

Marvie_3

Banned
Having ~90 in speed, acceleration, and agility has made my guy fast as hell. Too bad he's a fat fuck.

Played around with my attributes and got my guy up to an 86 overall.....sweeeeeet. :D

Marvie_3 said:
...........Fuck you.

:lol :lol

The major thrust of the changes is to get more goal-scoring variation and loosen up goal scoring a bit. There will be more variety in CPU goalie positioning as well as a bunch of other tweaks to how they position, how fast they can move and accelerate, rebound control, screen effects, reaction speeds, and more.

For online the duration of the post-whistle time has been reduced, and a few gameplay exploits have been reduced.

There are quite a few changes involved in this update so we'll be watching closely to see how things play out and make any adjustments that are necessary.

So from what I've read, glitch goals still go in, but you can also score a lot of legit goals now. Supposedly AI goalies got nerfed (human goalies remain the same) so that you can change up the way you play and score instead of relying on exploits.

That's what I suggested like 10 pages ago... Let's see if it works out.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
:lol :lol

So from what I've read, glitch goals still go in, but you can also score a lot of legit goals now. Supposedly AI goalies got nerfed (human goalies remain the same) so that you can change up the way you play and score instead of relying on exploits.

That's what I suggested like 10 pages ago... Let's see if it works out.
That doesn't sound too bad. I'm all for legit goals.

Reducing the after-whistle time is awesome too.

ph33nix said:
How did you get 90 in speed accel and agility? My guy maxes at like 86 overall too
I have a bunch of boosts unlocked too. I have totals of +8 in speed and acceleration and a +5 in agility.

SnakeswithLasers said:
Damn man. I must be retarded--I can't get my guy over 82. I need better boosts.
The boosts don't show up in your overall rating until you get into a game. My guy says he's an 83 overall on the attribute screen. Once I get into a game he's an 86.

I rebuilt my guy as a sniper. I've gotten a hat trick in 3 of 4 games I've played since then. Last night, Brandon and I were playing an OTP game. We were down 3-0 going into the 3rd thanks to our shitty human goalie. I scored 3 in the 3rd to tie it and then scored the game-winner in OT. :D :D

The official blog has the new player ratings posted.

Shouldn't be long before they post the full tuner changes.

I actually took a minute to throw the new player ratings into excel and the biggest winners are:

Tyler Meyers 74 81 +7
Peter Regin 68 75 +7
Niclas Bergfors 74 79 +5
Duncan Keith 82 86 +4
Brandon Yip 68 72 +4
Matt Duchene 75 79 +4
Tomas Plekanec 81 85 +4
Benoit Pouliot 74 78 +4
Patric Hornqvist 76 80 +4
Matt Moulson 75 79 +4
Victor Hedman 75 79 +4
Henrik Sedin 85 89 +4
Mason Raymond 78 82 +4

The losers are:

Vinny Lecavlier 91 86 -5
Rickard Wallin 81 76 -5
Peter Sykora 84 80 -4
Chris Drury 85 81 -4

Fuck you guys; I was bored.

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
I dunno about you guys but I say we make a NEW club in light of our team having legend cards. Neo neogaffers?
Why? Is our club not good enough for you anymore ph33nix? :lol

SnakeswithLasers said:
Fuck ya. Let's kick off Feb right. Marvie wanted to move to Pro from Casual league. Also, Pheenix, have you even SEEN the new jerseys we're sporting?
Apparently it resets all of our club records, etc. if you switch leagues.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
The official blog has the new player ratings posted.

Shouldn't be long before they post the full tuner changes.

I actually took a minute to throw the new player ratings into excel and the biggest winners are:
Lecavier gets punished because he's stuck on a shitty team? Sedin an 89???

Kiss my dick EA.

EA hasn't said any specifics yet--those bastards.

But from the impressions at OS, it seems that there is definitely consistently more scoring happening. Some reports of more realistic rebounds and "play is more fluid" too--but I won't believe that shit until it comes from EA.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
EA hasn't said any specifics yet--those bastards.

But from the impressions at OS, it seems that there is definitely consistently more scoring happening. Some reports of more realistic rebounds and "play is more fluid" too--but I won't believe that shit until it comes from EA.
You'd actually believe shit EA says?

"Glitch goals are gone."

"More intelligent AI."

Kiss my dick twice, EA.

No our club is fine but I think we should have a clean slate, also I kinda do hate our jerseys to be honest :lol

btw what is our team name theme for now?

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
No our club is fine but I think we should have a clean slate, also I kinda do hate our jerseys to be honest :lol
The eagle ones? I fuckin hate them too, but laserbot and hardyboy lurve them.

I'm in favor of voting on new ones. :lol

ph33nix said:
Don't really have one. I went back to being Scott Baio. 14 goals in 4 games. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
right now our jerseys is that weird face in a helmet isn't it? i say we go for something glittery for laserbot
You haven't seen the new ones? Holy fuck dude. Are you in for a treat! :lol

Marvie_3 said:
You haven't seen the new ones? Holy fuck dude. Are you in for a treat! :lol

EASHL??

btw if we play and I don't talk I will still have my mic on but I tend to talk way too loud during sports games while people sleep :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
EASHL??

btw if we play and I don't talk I will still have my mic on but I tend to talk way too loud during sports games while people sleep :lol
Yeah, we switched jerseys about a week ago. You may want to go back to the jerseys we started with. :lol

I can play in about an hour. I have to finish some homework that I've been putting off all day. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
I'm trying to get my Madden game in. As soon as I'm done with that I'm all yours babe.
Try as you may, you'll never steal my heart away from laserbot. :lol

Anyone else playing tonight?

ph33nix said:

our jersys are the tightest jersys in the game when you raise your arms the eagle flys marvie did that shit 4 times in one period kaw-kaw we should all be so good, and scott baio has a fat ass now its so funny watching "cartman" baio score and shake that ass

Marvie_3 said:
Try as you may, you'll never steal my heart away from laserbot. :lol

Anyone else playing tonight?

what time...lol its already 10:45 hear and i am asking what time to play, maybe i should turn on the xbox

Marvie_3

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
our jersys are the tightest jersys in the game when you raise your arms the eagle flys marvie did that shit 4 times in one period kaw-kaw we should all be so good, and scott baio has a fat ass now its so funny watching "cartman" baio score and shake that ass
The jerseys are so awful man. Seriously. :lol

I don't know why my guy is so fat now. :lol

Hardyboy1224 said:
what time...lol its already 10:45 hear and i am asking what time to play, maybe i should turn on the xbox
I'm usually on from about 8pm-1am your time every night.

Marvie_3 said:
The jerseys are so awful man. Seriously. :lol

I don't know why my guy is so fat now. :lol

I'm usually on from about 8pm-1am your time every night.

sorry man wife wants to wii fit

the eagle is the second greatest bird in the world

Marvie_3

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
sorry man wife wants to wii fit

the eagle is the second greatest bird in the world
I'm done for the night anyway. I have to be on campus for 12 hours on tuesdays and thursdays which means I go to bed earlier on monday and wednesday nights. I get 4 day weekends though. :D

Apparently there are at least 2 new exploits now (along with the wrist shot working still--and reportedly easier since goalies are dumber). Supposedly EA is going to patch them "right away"--but ... lame.

RS4- said:
Fuck, I miss playing NHL :(

It's fun until somebody loses an eye.

The new tuners, from what I'm reading, seem like they might help our team a lot. Supposedly having a human in net is better than an AI tender (fuck ya!) and goalie screens work (as a power forward, I am excited about this).

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Let's raise the Eagles in victory tonight, gents.
Or another symbol....you know, if we switched jerseys. ;)

RS4- said:
Fuck, I miss playing NHL :(
Get NHL back then. :)

SnakeswithLasers said:
Apparently there are at least 2 new exploits now (along with the wrist shot working still--and reportedly easier since goalies are dumber). Supposedly EA is going to patch them "right away"--but ... lame.
I played a bunch of OTP last night with some AI goalies and it didn't seem too different.

Last year it didn't take them long to patch out the curve shot after they announced the patch for it.

There's always going to be exploits in the NHL games due to 'high percentage shots'. I think we just need to step up on defense.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
It's fun until somebody loses an eye.

The new tuners, from what I'm reading, seem like they might help our team a lot. Supposedly having a human in net is better than an AI tender (fuck ya!) and goalie screens work (as a power forward, I am excited about this).
I think if we work towards unlocking a bunch of boosts and combine that with all the legend card attributes, we could make a pretty formidable goaltending duo. I was reading online that with the right boosts and attribute points, you can get a goalie all the way up to a 90 overall.

Marvie_3 said:
I think if we work towards unlocking a bunch of boosts and combine that with all the legend card attributes, we could make a pretty formidable goaltending duo. I was reading online that with the right boosts and attribute points, you can get a goalie all the way up to a 90 overall.

I'll try to get the "15 straight shutouts in EASHL" boost.

Oh snap. Tuner details are up.

The major objective of the tuning update is to get more goal-scoring variation and loosen up goal scoring. There is now more variety in CPU goalie positioning as well as a bunch of other tweaks to how goalies position, how fast they can move and accelerate, rebound control, screen effects, reaction speeds, and more.

For online the duration of the post-whistle time has been reduced, and a few gameplay exploits have been reduced.

Beyond getting more varied goal scoring we wanted to address a number of other issues that have been identified by the community and that we are able to improve through a tuning update. Because a significant number of changes were made in this update we will be paying close attention to how things play out in the coming weeks and responding with additional fine tuning as necessary.

All online games use the new tuning set. After downloading the update offline games can use the new tuning update by switching the “Tuner Set Version” under Gameplay Settings/General to either Latest (which is the default) or V1.03. You can also switch to earlier versions if you prefer to keep things the same as they have been.

Highlights of the update include:
-Increased variation in goalie positioning
-Rebounds directed further to the side of the net --awesome for goalies.
-Small reduction in goalie reaction times, top speed and acceleration
-Increase in screen effect on goalies (online only) --my Power Forward says yum.
-Reduced post-whistle time (online only)
-Decreased effectiveness of the pass block (LB/L1) at taking the puck away
-Increased frequency of deflections (EASHL/OTP only) --my Power Forward says yum.
-Prevent CPU defenders from being easily lured into hooking penalties in EASHL/OTP games
-Improved ability to intercept weak passes
-For EASHL/OTP, the range of the some of the attribute effects has been increased

Marvie_3

Banned
-Increased variation in goalie positioning
Ok, so they'll be even more out of position now.

-Rebounds directed further to the side of the net --awesome for goalies.
If it means less shitty rebound goals, I'm all for it.
-Small reduction in goalie reaction times, top speed and acceleration
Goalies are more retarded and have less horsepower. Gotcha.
-Increase in screen effect on goalies (online only) --my Power Forward says yum.
Hopefully this only applies to AI goalies. I'm going to be pissed if my goalie misses a puck that I can see fine, because he was "screened"
-Reduced post-whistle time (online only)
This has been great so far.
-Decreased effectiveness of the pass block (LB/L1) at taking the puck away
I like this too. My guy loses the puck too often when someone just uses this to play lazy defense.
-Increased frequency of deflections (EASHL/OTP only) --my Power Forward says yum.
My goalie says, "Fuck that noise. Deflections are already ridiculous enough."
-Prevent CPU defenders from being easily lured into hooking penalties in EASHL/OTP games
I'll believe this when I see it, although I have seen far fewer tripping and slashing calls online lately. Well, except for the time peterboy was brutally assaulted by that AI d-man. :lol
-Improved ability to intercept weak passes
Maybe we'll be able to pick up those pucks that normally go right through us now. :lol
-For EASHL/OTP, the range of the some of the attribute effects has been increased
This could be good or bad depending on depending on which attributes it refers to. The game is already completely unbalanced as it is.

Marvie_3

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
i knew it marvie hate that i play d thanks a lot man...
:lol I meant we ALL need to step up and play better defense. A lot of the shit goals are preventable. We just need to work harder to take them out of the equation.

SnakeswithLasers said:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/15/19753597_a8ae344812.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
Again with the puppies? :lol

Marvie_3 said:
Ok, so they'll be even more out of position now.
This update was meant to enhance scoring so goalies wouldn't be superhuman and only vulnerable to glitches. Ya, it'll probably backfire though.
Marvie_3 said:
If it means less shitty rebound goals, I'm all for it.
Agreed. Especially if it gets rid of the wrist shot skating into the zone that the goalie knocks directly to open ice where another dude is streaking down the ice.
Marvie_3 said:
Goalies are more retarded and have less horsepower. Gotcha.
Yup, that's what they wanted to do.
Marvie_3 said:
Hopefully this only applies to AI goalies. I'm going to be pissed if my goalie misses a puck that I can see fine, because he was "screened"
So far what I've read is the goalie tweaks ONLY affect AI goalies. So human goalie is supposed to be something a team wants and can rely on.
Marvie_3 said:
This has been great so far.
Good to hear.
Marvie_3 said:
I like this too. My guy loses the puck too often when someone just uses this to play lazy defense.
It would be nice if it worked well for loose pucks and not at all for controlled pucks.
Marvie_3 said:
My goalie says, "Fuck that noise. Deflections are already ridiculous enough."
Ya, this can go either way. They need to get rid of the crazy geometrically impossible deflections, but put in more genuine deflections. Now it seems like the only deflections (or 90%) are the wacky ones that get banged in from fucked up angles.
Marvie_3 said:
I'll believe this when I see it, although I have seen far fewer tripping and slashing calls online lately. Well, except for the time peterboy was brutally assaulted by that AI d-man. :lol
I wish you could save replays during the game. That was awesome.
Marvie_3 said:
Maybe we'll be able to pick up those pucks that normally go right through us now. :lol
This is my main problem with the game is the lack of collision with the puck by defenders near the crease.
Marvie_3 said:
This could be good or bad depending on depending on which attributes it refers to. The game is already completely unbalanced as it is.
Agreed to the max. I think from some impressions balance and checking might be affected. Maybe they'll tone down agility and deking too.

Top Bottom