• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
This update was meant to enhance scoring so goalies wouldn't be superhuman and only vulnerable to glitches. Ya, it'll probably backfire though.
Well it's a patch for an EA game. They fix one problem and another appears. Sounds like that wrist shot has been toned way down though.

SnakeswithLasers said:
Agreed. Especially if it gets rid of the wrist shot skating into the zone that the goalie knocks directly to open ice where another dude is streaking down the ice.
Yeah, the conveniently placed rebounds need to go. They need to look into making a player have to time the shot with the right stick. The simple "hold the right stick up" control method makes shots in the crease, and one-timers in general, WAAAAAY easier than they should be.

SnakeswithLasers said:
So far what I've read is the goalie tweaks ONLY affect AI goalies. So human goalie is supposed to be something a team wants and can rely on.
Ok good. Some shitty "screened" goals are the last thing I need.

SnakeswithLasers said:
It would be nice if it worked well for loose pucks and not at all for controlled pucks.
I have to imagine its the same part of the tuner, just a "loose puck" number somewhere. Maybe not though.

SnakeswithLasers said:
Ya, this can go either way. They need to get rid of the crazy geometrically impossible deflections, but put in more genuine deflections. Now it seems like the only deflections (or 90%) are the wacky ones that get banged in from fucked up angles.
Both the deflection angles and rebound angles need to be completely redone by next year. They're so fucking absurd. Too many rebounds landing right at someone's stick and too many seeing eye deflections that redirect in at completely impossible angles.

SnakeswithLasers said:
I wish you could save replays during the game. That was awesome.
No doubt. He was like a Cuban Rodney King.

SnakeswithLasers said:
This is my main problem with the game is the lack of collision with the puck by defenders near the crease.
That needs to be fixed too. Also, tweak their AI so they actually defend the crease instead of sitting there motionless like a peterboy victim.

SnakeswithLasers said:
Agreed to the max. I think from some impressions balance and checking might be affected. Maybe they'll tone down agility and deking too.
So my guy may stand a chance of not being knocked off the puck by a light breeze? I don't think it's possible for them to tone down agility and deking enough. It's borderline retarded now. When a guy does 563 dekes and bullshit spinny moves in a row, chances are he's going to lose the puck by himself. It's ridiculous how one guy can skate the puck around and avoid every defender and still maintain control of the puck.

Marvie_3 said:
No doubt. He was like a Cuban Rodney King.
19753597_a8ae344812.jpg

Marvie_3 said:
That needs to be fixed too. Also, tweak their AI so they actually defend the crease instead of sitting there motionless like a peterboy victim.
19753597_a8ae344812.jpg

Marvie_3 said:
So my guy may stand a chance of not being knocked off the puck by a light breeze?
That's balance, not puck control btw. Puck control is just for losing the puck during deking and loose puck dekes. (While "deking" is the speed "and quality" of those loose puck moves and right stick bullshit.)

Marvie_3

Banned
Apparently the wraparound is also more effective now. This new tuner may fucking suck.....

Edit: That's only for AI goalies, but it's already way too effective because of the retarded animation transitions.

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
I can't read those posts where you guys quote a small line and then say a small line. it really blows me away
It does seem like there are 10 conversations going on at the same time. :lol

in the last game I was in my game started lagging SO badly for whatever reason, so I just left because I figured I was no good but at least the AI would have something.

ph33nix said:
in the last game I was in my game started lagging SO badly for whatever reason, so I just left because I figured I was no good but at least the AI would have something.

Dude, you posted this at 4:20 my time.

Also: Those dogs are the best answer to anything. My friend is going to come by (hopefully today...) and bring his 360 so we can see if it's my network or my console that is borked. I'm not sure which one I'd prefer. Until that's figured out, I'm out of action.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm done playing club games. This game is just too fucking broken now. The new tuner is the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen. You could take a seesaw, put Rosie O'Donnell and Oprah on one side and an ant on the other side, and it would be more balanced than this shit.

And Hardyboy, the 'Hawks Ice Girls are way hotter than those over made-up tramps the Kings have:

6s5sty.jpg

IMG_4920.jpg

come on really?"?? l.a. they might be hoes but what does Chicago know about looks...

club games are tight u can go from a hell yeah to a what the f was that in less then a second, im up for Vegas 2 and team fortress and club games, and i am going to get fifa 10 and start a club, oh and borderlands and left 4 dead 1

Marvie_3

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
come on really?"?? l.a. they might be hoes but what does Chicago know about looks...
Ish dude. Sooo generic looking. Like a robot with fake tits.

peterb0y said:
hardyboy wins this thread... that girl is a smokeshow
Is 'smokeshow' cuban for soulless and boring?

Marvie_3

Banned
Actually, I'm going to restart it and resend invites for the 4-team test league. I don't think we can start the 30 team one with only 4 teams.

Marvie_3 said:
I think we need to run the Flying V

Who was on the team that attempted the flying V in NHL 09? I know it was me and woodchuck but can't remember anyone else, can we please try this shit again? :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
Who was on the team that attempted the flying V in NHL 09? I know it was me and woodchuck but can't remember anyone else, can we please try this shit again? :lol
I know purg3 was there. He's the one that told me about it. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
After attempting to play another club game with ph33nix, I can't help but reaffirm that this game is even more broken than it was. The goalies let in so much shit on top of the glitches, and when you factor in the whole "momentum" bullshit that this engine is built on, it makes the game way more unbalanced. It seems like this crap is so much more prevalent in the club games because you get twats who practice nothing but cheap bullshit, and now that the goalies are shittier, the cheap shit goes in way more.

Unless the new tuner tweaks/patch fixes a lot of things, I'm done with club games. For good.

Marvie_3 said:
After attempting to play another club game with ph33nix, I can't help but reaffirm that this game is even more broken than it was. The goalies let in so much shit on top of the glitches, and when you factor in the whole "momentum" bullshit that this engine is built on, it makes the game way more unbalanced. It seems like this crap is so much more prevalent in the club games because you get twats who practice nothing but cheap bullshit, and now that the goalies are shittier, the cheap shit goes in way more.

Unless the new tuner tweaks/patch fixes a lot of things, I'm done with club games. For good.

how bout that kobe bryant on sunday that guy is a johnny bad ass , and go saints

Good games tonight guys. You three play well together up front. Peterboy, you need to shoot more. It's like a priest in a whorehouse--a million opportunities to score, but you're devoutly committed to keeping your stick planted firmly on ice.

Net was fun not playing against a bunch of cross crease pricks. Bummed that I let in that POS with 2.4 left in OT though. Argh. On the bright side, I think I'm getting better at positioning and keeping myself in a spot to make the second save off a rebound. And shit... 9 periods with one goal against isn't too bad.

Marvie_3

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
how bout that kobe bryant on sunday that guy is a johnny bad ass , and go saints
Basketball? :lol

SnakeswithLasers said:
Peterboy, you need to shoot more. It's like a priest in a whorehouse--a million opportunities to score, but you're devoutly committed to keeping your stick planted firmly on ice.
:lol :lol

SnakeswithLasers said:
Net was fun not playing against a bunch of cross crease pricks. Bummed that I let in that POS with 2.4 left in OT though. Argh. On the bright side, I think I'm getting better at positioning and keeping myself in a spot to make the second save off a rebound. And shit... 9 periods with one goal against isn't too bad.
You played awesome in net tonight. Would have been 2 straight shutouts if we could score.

Marvie_3

Banned
New tuner update coming by the end of the week. Fixing goalie weaknesses from the last tuner. I'll believe it when I see it.

Marvie_3 said:
New tuner update coming by the end of the week. Fixing goalie weaknesses from the last tuner. I'll believe it when I see it.

So it's just an undo and we're back to two weeks ago. Awesome.

Marvie_3 said:
Ok, so I'll play club games. ONLY if we have a human goalie though. I'm not relying on those fucking AI goalies. :lol

Time for Mountain Dew to step the fuck up.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
So it's just an undo and we're back to two weeks ago. Awesome.
Pretty much. I like how they can tweak the goalies so much yet they can't tweak them to stop the wrister or cross crease.
SnakeswithLasers said:
Time for Mountain Dew to step the fuck up.
No, its time for the rest of us to step up. You played your ass off and we managed to score all of 1 goal in 2 games.

Top Bottom