• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Well at least the Sharks -Canada would have a goalie, and uhh..the Hawks would have uhh whoever was willing to still buy tickets?
What the hell are you talking about? I think that bag poisoned your milk. :lol

Milk in a bag is one of the worst ideas ever in the history of ideas.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Marvie_3 said:
What the hell are you talking about? I think that bag poisoned your milk. :lol

Milk in a bag is one of the worst ideas ever in the history of ideas.
Your a bag of poisoned ideas!

Yeah I dunno I'm drunk, was less drunk earlier when I was winging for Hardy. Not sure if that made a difference or not.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Your a bag of poisoned ideas!

Yeah I dunno I'm drunk, was less drunk earlier when I was winging for Hardy. Not sure if that made a difference or not.
Who knows, after the first couple games it was all one big train wreck. :lol

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
Who knows, after the first couple games it was all one big train wreck. :lol
Pretty sure the sound of you losing the will to live as you realized who'd be playing defense for you was the highlight of my night :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Pretty sure the sound of you losing the will to live as you realized who'd be playing defense for you was the highlight of my night :lol
:lol

Seriously though, I think we need to play some OTP practice games. We ALL need work on defense. We don't forecheck, we let people through the neutral zone without getting touched, and we seem to give up far too many odd-man rushes because we're out of position. The last few nights we've started off playing great defense but as the night goes on, we slack off and we get killed because of it. Laserbot and I are both solid goalers, but there's only so much we can do. So no matter who is playing where, defense has to be a priority from now on.

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
:lol

Seriously though, I think we need to play some OTP practice games. We ALL need work on defense. We don't forecheck, we let people through the neutral zone without getting touched, and we seem to give up far too many odd-man rushes because we're out of position. The last few nights we've started off playing great defense but as the night goes on, we slack off and we get killed because of it. Laserbot and I are both solid goalers, but there's only so much we can do. So no matter who is playing where, defense has to be a priority from now on.
I used to be pretty good at forechecking forcing all kinds of turnovers. I dunno wtf happened

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
Are there any sick fucks around here that wanna play right now

actually more like in 20 minutes i have to get laundry
Man you get up early. I was just going to bed around the time you posted this. :lol

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
Same here. I woke up earlier and browsed GAF for a bit then went back to bed. :lol
Yo Marv, my friend finally got around to sending his invite, his gamertag is Le Denogginizer. Just you know, to make your life trying to figure out different lines even more painful :lol

Nozdeuce said:
Yo Marv, my friend finally got around to sending his invite, his gamertag is Le Denogginizer. Just you know, to make your life trying to figure out different lines even more painful :lol

wtf the regular Denogginizer is in the club too :lol

Nozdeuce

ph33nix said:
wtf the regular Denogginizer is in the club too :lol
Yeah LeDenog was wondering about that too, was hoping to maybe get himself confused with the real Denog :lol

Anyways thanks for letting him on the club, would it be cool if occasionally (if no GAFers are available) he and I do 2 man club games? We actually had a winning record last month, and started this one off with one too. As for playing with everyone he'll play wherever, he's equally good as a forward or ofd (playing with me he's naturally super defensive since I'm awful)

Maybe later we could try an OTP game him and me vs whoever of the regulars happens to be around?

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Anyways thanks for letting him on the club, would it be cool if occasionally (if no GAFers are available) he and I do 2 man club games? We actually had a winning record last month, and started this one off with one too. As for playing with everyone he'll play wherever, he's equally good as a forward or ofd (playing with me he's naturally super defensive since I'm awful)
Yeah, have at it. Maybe our record will improve then. :lol

Having one or two guys who play excellent defense is only going to help us.

Nozdeuce said:
Maybe later we could try an OTP game him and me vs whoever of the regulars happens to be around?
I'll be on after the Blackhawks game.

Marvie_3

Banned
I set up a highlights section in the OP. If you guys have anything on your EA pages you want me to post, send me the link. I'll download them and post them to a youtube page, since there is a cap on the number of videos on the EA site.

They can be from EASHL/OTP, VS., or offline. I set up a section for each.

Does anyone know a good program for making banners like in the OP? I am not good with computers so I need something simple.

Fuck this game. It keeps killing my xbox. I can't get online again. =/

Marv, if you're on windows, I don't know what free programs are out there for editing images.

Nozdeuce

I think I may have just had a mental breakdown, holy shit that was painful. Sorry for sucking and not talking much, kinda zombiemode tonight. I'll hopefully be back to my racial slurring point getting self soon, but I'm done for tonight.

The GIMP is free but kinda scary and confusing to use.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Fuck this game. It keeps killing my xbox. I can't get online again. =/
Seriously. If you sit in any of the lobbies for too long, the game will freeze there too. Ridiculous.

Nozdeuce said:
I think I may have just had a mental breakdown, holy shit that was painful. Sorry for sucking and not talking much, kinda zombiemode tonight. I'll hopefully be back to my racial slurring point getting self soon, but I'm done for tonight.

The GIMP is free but kinda scary and confusing to use.
A mental breakdown? You take this game more seriously than laserbot and I. :lol

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
A mental breakdown? You take this game more seriously than laserbot and I. :lol
Okay not that bad, but you saw the epic decline. I totally peaked early while on defense.

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
Why would anyone WANT to join our team?
Sorry, New Guy.
Obviously the reality tv like entertainment value gleaned from bearing witness to the slow mental decline of the mildly depressed starting goalie.

Since pretty much suffering a stroke while playing D last night I dunno how the fuck you do so amazing in net, I'd be dead after a period. Much respect.

Edit: just saw you added me to all the stats lists, fairly confident I could bump Ph33nix from his two spot for most PIMs.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Edit: just saw you added me to all the stats lists, fairly confident I could bump Ph33nix from his two spot for most PIMs.
I only put GAFers who are currently on the team up in the records. We have players who may have the numbers to be up there, but they aren't GAFers, so fuck em.

You may catch ph33nix in PIMs, but good luck catching me, fucker!!! AAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHA!!!

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
You may catch ph33nix in PIMs, but good luck catching me, fucker!!! AAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHA!!!
I'd ask if that was a challenge but I'd feel bad making Laserbot worry he'd always be on the pk :(

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
I'd ask if that was a challenge but I'd feel bad making Laserbot worry he'd always be on the pk :(
Laserbot could use a challenge in net. His workload is way too light because of our suffocating defense.

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
Laserbot could use a challenge in net. His workload is way too light because of our suffocating defense.
Well he has until tuesday night to live it up then. Midterm Tuesday morning I'm not ready for yet = significant alcohol consumption after. May God have mercy on his soul.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Well he has until tuesday night to live it up then. Midterm Tuesday morning I'm not ready for yet = significant alcohol consumption after. May God have mercy on his soul.
I have a long day of classes on Tuesday. I'll probably be drinking afterwards too. :lol

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
I have a long day of classes on Tuesday. I'll probably be drinking afterwards too. :lol
Wow, he's boned either way then :lol

So what was the deal with Hardy and the Taylor Swift thing? I'm oddly intrigued.

Nozdeuce said:
Wow, he's boned either way then :lol

So what was the deal with Hardy and the Taylor Swift thing? I'm oddly intrigued.

He is a giant man that works in a prison hitting people in the throat and beating them with nightsticks. I just assume he needs to relax. Or that he likes to have a theme song for whipping inmates.

Edit: Also, I like being on the PK. I like facing a shit ton of shots. I just don't like facing the cross-crease. And for the record: Marvie is a much better in net than I am.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
And for the record: Marvie is a much better in net than I am.
2qty2gw.jpg

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
What, really?
Yeah, we'd have to do a draft. Then I'd set the teams through a custom roster. Then set up a league with those rosters.

With my luck, you guys would still end up with better teams than me. :lol

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
He is a giant man that works in a prison hitting people in the throat and beating them with nightsticks. I just assume he needs to relax. Or that he likes to have a theme song for whipping inmates.
Wow, that's pretty amazing. Could it be cause or effect though? I know I'd beat people if I heard some Miley Cyrus or somethin.

SnakeswithLasers said:
Edit: Also, I like being on the PK. I like facing a shit ton of shots. I just don't like facing the cross-crease. And for the record: Marvie is a much better in net than I am.
Well if anyone ever feels like playing a man down I'd be happy to oblige, during shitty games I used to rage crush people as id saunter back down to my own end to attempt helping the D. I always hoped one day I'd throw up a casual Pronger drive by elbow. It never happened :(

Also as new guy I'd say you and Marvie are pretty equal, you both make some huge saves you probably shouldn't have been able to, both make the little routine saves, and both let in the shit the game dictates as a goal. You've just been unlucky in that the game decides 6 instead of 4 instead of 2 instead of 1. And me and new guy jr are to blame too, we've come and fucked up any offensive chemistry that existed so you do indeed end up taking more shots on worse odd man breaks because of us. Won't be forever though, you've seen shades of both him and I playing well, and uhh unfortunately not so well

Marvie_3 said:
Yeah, we'd have to do a draft. Then I'd set the teams through a custom roster. Then set up a league with those rosters.

With my luck, you guys would still end up with better teams than me. :lol
That sounds awesome, if it makes you feel any better me and new guy jr do know hockey so you wont be alone being the only person having an aneurysm when someone randomly decides they want your star player :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Also as new guy I'd say you and Marvie are pretty equal, you both make some huge saves you probably shouldn't have been able to, both make the little routine saves, and both let in the shit the game dictates as a goal. You've just been unlucky in that the game decides 6 instead of 4 instead of 2 instead of 1. And me and new guy jr are to blame too, we've come and fucked up any offensive chemistry that existed so you do indeed end up taking more shots on worse odd man breaks because of us. Won't be forever though, you've seen shades of both him and I playing well, and uhh unfortunately not so well
I think we'll be fine. Shouldn't take too long to adjust to you guys.

Top Bottom