• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

Marvie_3

Banned
Hardyboy: Just so we can help a little more, describe exactly what you're wanting your player to play like. What skills, athletic abilities, etc.?

Also, set your guy at a somewhat normal size, because if you make him too big, certain attributes suffer. Somewhere around 6'4" 245lbs would probably be a good working size.

Let me know what you're looking for and I can play around with my guy and see if I can help you get your player tweaked the way you want him.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
You may even want to actually go with grinder, as it appears they have just as good checking, aggressiveness and balance as a tough guy, but are a bit better on the offensive side. Their cost to upgrade aggressiveness is a bit more than tough guy, but...I can't imagine you'll get that beyond 90 in any world.

Check the table here for starters http://www.eashlforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7813

Or look at this one which is really in-depth, but it also shows how much points it costs to upgrade.
I already posted the first chart. ;)

The second one is nice though. I'm going to have to take a peek at that and figure out how to maybe squeeze a little more out of my guy.

Edit: Hey! We hit 2,000 posts in this thread! WOOO! Last year's thread only made it to about 300. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
I finally found a GIF that sums up our team perfectly.

2hq5unq.jpg

I'm going to remake my goalie tonight.

I need to get boosts for his agility and speed--but I really don't want to spend money on them.

I am still trying to decide on a size--I've read that about 6'2"-6'4" and right around 190 is a pretty good size. I've never had a player that ginormous though, but I guess you need the height to stretch for cross creases--but it's easier to get beat 5-hole. Bah.

Marvie_3 said:
I already posted the first chart. ;)

The second one is nice though. I'm going to have to take a peek at that and figure out how to maybe squeeze a little more out of my guy.

Edit: Hey! We hit 2,000 posts in this thread! WOOO! Last year's thread only made it to about 300. :lol

Heh, you've got around 700 posts on your own, so passing 300 wasn't ever a question.

19753597_a8ae344812.jpg

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I'm going to remake my goalie tonight.

I need to get boosts for his agility and speed--but I really don't want to spend money on them.

I am still trying to decide on a size--I've read that about 6'2"-6'4" and right around 190 is a pretty good size. I've never had a player that ginormous though, but I guess you need the height to stretch for cross creases--but it's easier to get beat 5-hole. Bah.
As soon as I get home I'll post my goalie stats. Mine is rated a 91 overall, which is the highest overall you can get. I unlocked a shitload of boosts over xmas break and used a points card I got as a gift to unlock a few of the shittier ones. I'll post my attributes so you can at least get an idea of where to put them. Like skaters, there are several attributes that are a total waste.

Time to go oggle my hot asian econ professor lady for a couple hours. Then its home for 4 days of chel.

Marvie_3 said:
As soon as I get home I'll post my goalie stats. Mine is rated a 91 overall, which is the highest overall you can get. I unlocked a shitload of boosts over xmas break and used a points card I got as a gift to unlock a few of the shittier ones. I'll post my attributes so you can at least get an idea of where to put them. Like skaters, there are several attributes that are a total waste.

Time to go oggle my hot asian econ professor lady for a couple hours. Then its home for 4 days of chel.

This is what I'm thinking:

I might lose some points in speed and split them between agility and vision though. Supposedly vision is why those shots are going in from behind me.

Code:
Reflexes	
Angles:			79
Breakaway:		77
Five Hole:		85
Glove High:		86
Glove Low:		80
Stick High:		85
Stick Low:		80

Puck Control	
Passing:		75
Poke Check:		72
Rebound Control:	87
Shot Recovery:		92

Athleticism	
Agility:		86
Aggressivenss:		75
Durability:		80
Endurance:		75
Speed:			84
Vision:			80

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
This is what I'm thinking:

I might lose some points in speed and split them between agility and vision though. Supposedly vision is why those shots are going in from behind me.

Code:
Reflexes	
Angles:			79
Breakaway:		77
Five Hole:		85
Glove High:		86
Glove Low:		80
Stick High:		85
Stick Low:		80

Puck Control	
Passing:		75
Poke Check:		72
Rebound Control:	87
Shot Recovery:		92

Athleticism	
Agility:		86
Aggressivenss:		75
Durability:		80
Endurance:		75
Speed:			84
Vision:			80
I never noticed much of a difference with the speed stat. With these new tuners, I think vision is more important. Agility is the most important in that group though.

This prof is way hot. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
I never noticed much of a difference with the speed stat. With these new tuners, I think vision is more important. Agility is the most important in that group though.

This prof is way hot. :lol

Take a picture with your blackberry.

Is her mouth as pretty as Peterboy's?

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Marvie_3 said:
I base my life around his teachings.
All my interference penalties will henceforth be blamed on and excused for me simply trying to Strike First.

Marvie_3

Banned
Laserbot, here are my goalie ratings if you want to use them as a template.

Code:
Category-Level-(Boosts)-Overall

[B]Angles[/B]     81 (+8) 89
[B]Breakaway[/B]  79 (+5) 84
[B]5-hole[/B]     85 (+5) 90
[B]Glove Hi [/B]  82 (+8) 90
[B]Glove Lo[/B]   83 (+5) 88
[B]Stick Hi[/B]   82 (+5) 87
[B]Stick Lo[/B]   82 (+8) 90

[B]Passing[/B]       75 (+0) 75
[B]Poke Check[/B]    72 (+0) 72
[B]Reb. Control[/B]  90 (+5) 95
[B]Shot Recov.[/B]   90 (+5) 95

[B]Agility[/B]     86 (+5) 91
[B]Aggress.[/B]    75 (+0) 75
[B]Durability[/B]  80 (+0) 80
[B]Endurance[/B]   75 (+0) 75
[B]Speed[/B]       84 (+5) 89
[B]Vision[/B]      80 (+5) 85
Use a hybrid goalie and that's the highest rating you can possibly get. If you have all the boosts I have you can get a 91 overall.

Marvie_3

Banned
We need to practice defense and bad. It doesn't help that you can't tie people up and people bounce off checks either. But it starts from the forwards on back. We need a better forecheck and we need stay at home dmen who can guard the net at all costs.

sorry bout the game thats why i was trying to start early. i only had till my wife came home, she is still not doing real good and i told her when she got home from church we would play some games and play. had fun even though we got blew up.

Nozdeuce

I seriously need to go back to passing school :( Almost none of my awesome passes worked.

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
Whatever, new guy.
:'(

Yeah I was pretty awful in that first OTP game.. aaaaand then the club game, but then me and Marv played like 73 OTP games and in one of them I made an okay Noz style pass that sprung him and eventually scored. I also got a totally sweet empty netter.

I somehow missed my first shot at the empty net

I really hope you guys don't mind my shitty performance in net. I do enjoy playing goalie, but I'm just so bad that I feel terrible handing you all these losses.

19753597_a8ae344812.jpg

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I really hope you guys don't mind my shitty performance in net. I do enjoy playing goalie, but I'm just so bad that I feel terrible handing you all these losses.
Wasn't your fault dude. There's only so much a goalie can do when the other 5 guys on the ice keep hanging him out to dry.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
:'(

Yeah I was pretty awful in that first OTP game.. aaaaand then the club game, but then me and Marv played like 73 OTP games and in one of them I made an okay Noz style pass that sprung him and eventually scored. I also got a totally sweet empty netter.

I somehow missed my first shot at the empty net
You missed your first TWO shots at an empty netter, new guy. :lol

Tonight I'm going to play a few games as a thug defense man. I think I need to release my inner rage and destroy some bitches to get back on track.

Marvie_3

Banned
I think I'm gonna try playing either goaler or dman tonight for a bit. I wanna see if playing goaler still feels really borked after the new tuner updates. I played one OTP game in net last night but it was against a pretty shitty team so I didn't get a lot of work.

19753597_a8ae344812.jpg

If I get on, it won't be until late. But I'm more than happy to give up the trapper to you if we're both on. Of course, that means I'm playing RW, sorry new guy.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
If I get on, it won't be until late. But I'm more than happy to give up the trapper to you if we're both on. Of course, that means I'm playing RW, sorry new guy.
I just wanna give it a shot. You're the #1 around here.

SnakeswithLasers said:

how dare you

Marvie_3 said:
I just wanna give it a shot. You're the #1 around here.

Pffft...I'm 1 because I volunteered, not because I'm the best. I think I also get less frustrated--or maybe I just mute my mic more...

ph33nix said:
how dare you

:lol You guys have no idea how many games I've bought in the last 4 months that I've barely played 2 hours of because of hockey.

Off the top of my head--
Demons Souls
Uncharted 2
Torchlight
The Witcher
Fight Night R4
Mass Effect 2
Mirror's Edge and Crackdown are still in their packages...(I got them for $10 each)

I'm sure there's more too!

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Pffft...I'm 1 because I volunteered, not because I'm the best. I think I also get less frustrated--or maybe I just mute my mic more...
Yeah, I don't mute my mic very often. :lol

SnakeswithLasers said:
:lol You guys have no idea how many games I've bought in the last 4 months that I've barely played 2 hours of because of hockey.

Off the top of my head--
Demons Souls
Uncharted 2
Torchlight
The Witcher
Fight Night R4
Mass Effect 2
Mirror's Edge and Crackdown are still in their packages...(I got them for $10 each)

Pro tip: STOP FUCKING BUYING GAMES.

We should play Crackdown.

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix, sorry I ignored your party invite a bit ago. I was just hopping on live to send someone a message while it was at commercial for the Blackhawks game. I'll be on when the game is over though.

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:

Off the top of my head--
Demons Souls
Uncharted 2
Torchlight
The Witcher
Fight Night R4
Mass Effect 2

Fight Night on 360? We could totally have slugging matches, mildly depressed goalie vs new guy who's instantly blamed for everything.

Edit - Having concluded E-stalking you I was going to say mean things about you having not beaten Borderlands among countless others but you've played a shitload of Viva Pinata, I take orders from you now.

Marvie_3

Banned
peterb0y said:
Thats right newguy
:lol

Laserbot, since you punked out on the last game. You need to think of ideas for our themed names.

Fuck that last team too. Their whole offense consists of nothing but cherry picking and cross creasing, but because this game is so shitty, they score at will.

Nozdeuce

I definitely don't plan on putting any of you through me being on D again, that was just bad news :(

man the line of me laserbot and new guy was a tight line for 2/3 games, but some how i feel that it was just how the game was playing for the night, ive played with marvie and laserbot where we ahd similar nights and ive seen peterboy pheenixk and marvie have great lines so man what sucks is some one has to play d after 4 guys thats where i think we lose it d is so hard.

Marvie_3

Banned
Instead of hitting the guys in the crease, I think we should try holding the poke check button and doing the whole "waving the stick" stuff. With the latest tuner the poke check was made way more effective. Maybe we'd have better luck intercepting passes instead of fumbling around trying to check someone.

Nozdeuce

Hardyboy1224 said:
man the line of me laserbot and new guy was a tight line for 2/3 games, but some how i feel that it was just how the game was playing for the night, ive played with marvie and laserbot where we ahd similar nights and ive seen peterboy pheenixk and marvie have great lines so man what sucks is some one has to play d after 4 guys thats where i think we lose it d is so hard.
That did go really well, I'm still trying to adjust to how everyone plays. I'm used to people playing up more so you see me often passing it diagonally up across the neutral zone to no one, or passing it to someone who I think will keep going across the line but stops. I've also had a weird habit of alternating between shooting too much and then passing it too much, trying to balance it out, if I do take a shot though it's usually because I'm either feeling it will go in or at least come out to someone as a rebounder. I'm not trying to blame anyone for anything, I just think crazily

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
That did go really well, I'm still trying to adjust to how everyone plays. I'm used to people playing up more so you see me often passing it diagonally up across the neutral zone to no one, or passing it to someone who I think will keep going across the line but stops. I've also had a weird habit of alternating between shooting too much and then passing it too much, trying to balance it out, if I do take a shot though it's usually because I'm either feeling it will go in or at least come out to someone as a rebounder. I'm not trying to blame anyone for anything, I just think crazily
Well, you ARE Canadian. :lol

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
baggedmilkhater.jpg
Well at least the Sharks -Canada would have a goalie, and uhh..the Hawks would have uhh whoever was willing to still buy tickets?

Top Bottom