• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

So this is probably the wrong place to ask this.......

but which system do yall think the game is better on?

I own both and am leaning towards the 360 version.

Nozdeuce said:
And me and new guy jr are to blame too, we've come and fucked up any offensive chemistry that existed so you do indeed end up taking more shots on worse odd man breaks because of us. Won't be forever though, you've seen shades of both him and I playing well, and uhh unfortunately not so well

You mean Pat? Nah, you guys are good. And :lol at any "offensive chemistry" we had. The only chemistry we had is the effect of mixing teammates who are drunk with teammates who are high.

SnakeswithLasers said:
You mean Pat? Nah, you guys are good. And :lol at any "offensive chemistry" we had. The only chemistry we had is the effect of mixing teammates who are drunk with teammates who are high.

Picking up this game after work.

Do yall got any roster spots open?

SnakeswithLasers said:

This is usually when we're at our finest
at playing defense lol

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
SnakeswithLasers said:
God damnit Laserbot must you? Speaking of which, my supply is dangerously low, was thinking of getting my usual Canadian Club 12, as well as something new. Famous Grouse sounds like its your goto, so I should give that a try?

I think of you as being milkman Dan, it's unsettling

Nozdeuce said:
God damnit Laserbot must you? Speaking of which, my supply is dangerously low, was thinking of getting my usual Canadian Club 12, as well as something new. Famous Grouse sounds like its your goto, so I should give that a try?

I will also back the Famous Grouse choice. It's by far one of my fav's when it comes to scotch.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Quite the lethal combination. Not for opponents I mean, sort of a self-poisoning. :lol

ph33nix said:
This is usually when we're at our finest
at playing defense lol
We play
defense
?

Nozdeuce said:
:lol :lol

MidnightRider said:
xbxl = OBSJiesen -- gaf = Midnight Rider
I can't send an invite until you've started the game. Let me know when you get home and pop it in your 360 and I'll send an invite when I get out of class.

Nozdeuce

MidnightRider said:
I will also back the Famous Grouse choice. It's by far one of my fav's when it comes to scotch.
Sweet thanks, I'll have to grab a bottle tomorrow.

Marvie_3 said:
We need to figure out our player name theme.

We should also have a theme song. :lol

One that everyone puts on our xbox that plays during the intro for our home games. I nominate this one: GAF team theme song
I vote awesome with just a hint of creepy

Marvie_3 said:
We play
defense
?

D%27Antoni.jpg

THE BEST DEFENSE IS A GOOD OFFENSE!

Sounds good! Well just know I am a new comer.

So is this like FIFA where your player is already made a badass for when you play online or do you have to level him up through play....???

Marvie_3

Banned
MidnightRider said:
Sounds good! Well just know I am a new comer.

So is this like FIFA where your player is already made a badass for when you play online or do you have to level him up through play....???
You have to level your player up. There are 4 or 5 different cards(levels) you can reach. Each one requires a certain number of games played and maintaining a specific grade. The exact details are found in the performance tracker on the main menu. There are cards for online and offline so make sure you're checking the correct one.

One suggestion: if you want to level up faster and none of us are on, play some ranked OTP games. Its just like EASHL except you're playing with random people. They're good practice and they count towards your cards and stats.

Marvie_3

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
anyone up for some gaming? i got some time
I'm in class for about 3 more hours, otherwise I would be.

I nominate 'AC/DC - War Machine' as our theme song. :D

I'd put a youtube link but I can't figure out how to do that from my phone.

Marvie_3 said:
I'm in class for about 3 more hours, otherwise I would be.

I nominate 'AC/DC - War Machine' as our theme song. :D

I'd put a youtube link but I can't figure out how to do that from my phone.

thats a good song what about zztop la grauge

God, I hate this game.

I also am disheartened that each time I post "let's play" or something like that, it is followed by "fuck this game."

Goalie is just broken. Too many bullshit shots get through as a human. Bah.

Took 2 games scoreless until near the end of the second and ended up giving up 5 goals in each. On complete shit.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
God, I hate this game.

I also am disheartened that each time I post "let's play" or something like that, it is followed by "fuck this game."

Took 2 games scoreless until near the end of the second and ended up giving up 5 goals in each. On complete shit.
Don't suck so much.

SnakeswithLasers said:
God, I hate this game.

i hear you oh well me and peterboy got a win on a otp game of fifa, but in club mode you have to have more then 2 aint that about dumb

Marvie_3

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
i hear you oh well me and peterboy got a win on a otp game of fifa, but in club mode you have to have more then 2 aint that about dumb
That's the way NHL should be. Screw teams of 2.

PBY

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
man, sorry for dropping out randomly... but I realized that it was LOST time

Marvie_3 said:
MidnightRider, sent you an invite to the team.
I will accept it when I get off from work.. This game is going to take some vetting used to.....

I am so damned use to the FIFA controls that it's fucking me over in this.....

Nozdeuce

MidnightRider said:
I mean really.... I go to pull the right stick thinking I am going to sprint down the ice and then BAM. passed the puck.
You can try other control settings so you use face buttons to pass and shoot and stuff, but you can also still use the right stick to shoot.

Marvie_3

Banned
MidnightRider said:
I mean really.... I go to pull the right stick thinking I am going to sprint down the ice and then BAM. passed the puck.
Just keep practicing. It took me a little while to get used to the controls last year too.

MidnightRider said:
I saw where you could even use NHL 94 controls :lol
Try playing a game with them, it's horrible. You have maybe a quarter of the abilities you would with normal controls. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
Just keep practicing. It took me a little while to get used to the controls last year too.

Try playing a game with them, it's horrible. You have maybe a quarter of the abilities you would with normal controls. :lol

Ya, jumping back and forth from FIFA is crazy. There's something about the game speed that really trips me up. Haven't played FIFA in at least a month though, so I can't remember the differences.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Ya, jumping back and forth from FIFA is crazy. There's something about the game speed that really trips me up. Haven't played FIFA in at least a month though, so I can't remember the differences.
I'm guessing its not too different though due to the blazing speed of FIFA.

Marvie_3 said:
I'm guessing its not too different though due to the blazing speed of FIFA.

Fifa is actually pretty quick--but the moves are so much more reasonable. It's HARD to do good "dekes." It depends not only on the little number on a player's "crazy move" stat, but also on the user's ability to do the correct button presses at the correct time in correct context. Not just "waggle the right stick back and forth as fast as you can." I really wish I liked soccer more--that game is awesome.

Nozdeuce

I tried the Fifa demo the other morning, was shocked when I headed in a cross. Totally caught me by surprise.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
It's HARD to do good "dekes." It depends not only on the little number on a player's "crazy move" stat, but also on the user's ability to do the correct button presses at the correct time in correct context. Not just "waggle the right stick back and forth as fast as you can."
That's how real hockey is though man. NHL 10 is a PERFECT simulation of real hockey.

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
That's how real hockey is though man. NHL 10 is a PERFECT simulation of real hockey.
I should get to reuploading some of my BAP goals, feel pretty confident I could win worst goal ever.

PBY

Banned
sorry that I couldn't be around for games tonight, if you guys got any in- was too busy celebrating :D hope you saw the game hardyboy

peterb0y said:
sorry that I couldn't be around for games tonight, if you guys got any in- was too busy celebrating :D hope you saw the game hardyboy

wish i was there i bet there is a lot of sex, and some girls even remember it, that games was so tight go duke

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
I've got a four day weekend coming up, so I'll probably be able to play a decent amount of NHL the next couple of nights.
Nice, just in time for my reading week to start, provided I can stay awake I'll be ready to ruin your gaa even worse :D

Nozdeuce

Fuck I hate this game, at least Laserbot and Midnight were right about the Famous Grouse so it's not a total wash.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Fuck I hate this game, at least Laserbot and Midnight were right about the Famous Grouse so it's not a total wash.
We all do. Yet, we keep coming back and letting it make us it's bitch. :lol

SnakeswithLasers said:
If that kid was drunk and throwing a controller it would be more accurate.
So now you're guido, mexican, AND asian? Next you're going to tell me you had a drunken 3-way with peterboy and ph33nix and are now black and cuban too.

Top Bottom