• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

Marvie_3

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
thanks what does gm stuff give me + 8 in gloves for robbing from the rich and giving to the poor.
Nah. Sending/Accepting invites. Dropping players from the roster. Not much else aside from the sweet checkmark in the GM column of your stats.

Interesting...from a dev open chat last week:

someone asking the question said:
Sorry that I keep asking, but what attribute helps you pick up loose pucks?

NateHL (some dev) said:
there is no attribute that you can spend points in to help pick up loose pucks. each player does have an attribute that affect puck pick ups that is behind the scenes. however, your ability to pick up loose pucks goes down if you are intimidated (i.e. get hit hard, knocked down post whistle, lose a fight etc.)

WTF. So, apparently we're supposed to play like assholes and check people over and over after the whistle. Dumb dumb. Dumb.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Grinder it is, meh wrist shot accuracy/power, high checking high toughness 94 speed here i come

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Interesting...from a dev open chat last week:

WTF. So, apparently we're supposed to play like assholes and check people over and over after the whistle. Dumb dumb. Dumb.
Either that or have your toughness way up.

Nozdeuce said:
Grinder it is, meh wrist shot accuracy/power, high checking high toughness 94 speed here i come
Don't you have that already? ;) :lol

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
Last year, grinder and dangler seemed to be the best player types to use. This year they're among the worst.
=(

I tried pounding the fuck out of the two of them all game but they never seemed to miss a puck ever, was impressive really

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
=(

I tried pounding the fuck out of the two of them all game but they never seemed to miss a puck ever, was impressive really
I think the whole toughness/aggressiveness thing is broken anyway. They should just scrap it along with any sort of "momentum" system in the engine.

I just got a $100 Amazon gift certificate for doing a health survey at work. Yay. I think I'm going to pick up an MS points card and buy some boosts for my duder.

Can't decide if I should go with goalie boosts or skater boosts...Decisions, decisions... I'm a bad goalie, but I think he'd benefit more from some +5s than my skater would.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I just got a $100 Amazon gift certificate for doing a health survey at work. Yay. I think I'm going to pick up an MS points card and buy some boosts for my duder.

Can't decide if I should go with goalie boosts or skater boosts...Decisions, decisions... I'm a bad goalie, but I think he'd benefit more from some +5s than my skater would.
I had already unlocked a bunch of stuff for my skater. Got a bunch of Live points as a gift so I unlocked a bunch of stuff for my goalie. I like being a 90+ rated goalie. :D

Edit: Just realized this team has been going for 6+ months now. Last year's barely lasted a month and had way more players. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
I had already unlocked a bunch of stuff for my skater. Got a bunch of Live points as a gift so I unlocked a bunch of stuff for my goalie. I like being a 90+ rated goalie. :D

Edit: Just realized this team has been going for 6+ months now. Last year's barely lasted a month and had way more players. :lol

It's your charming personality. You've won us over.

Nozdeuce

Im getting dangerously close to having bought almost every skater +5 :lol It's so worth it though, soooooo many hours of gameplay.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
So you're saying that no one has ever lied to you before?
Not with that lie, no.

Nozdeuce said:
Im getting dangerously close to having bought almost every skater +5 :lol It's so worth it though, soooooo many hours of gameplay.
I only bought a couple of the ones that I'd never unlock playing offline.

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
I only bought a couple of the ones that I'd never unlock playing offline.
Yeeeah for me that was like all of them. This is my first season playing club games and I'm pretty enamored with it, really have a hard time doing offline games now :(

Nozdeuce said:
Yeeeah for me that was like all of them. This is my first season playing club games and I'm pretty enamored with it, really have a hard time doing offline games now :(

Seriously. It's such a bummer that the unlocks are so time-consuming to get without paying for them. I really hope they implement the system in a more consumer friendly manner next year (because there's no chance in hell they don't just drop it).

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
That's why I played the hell out of this game when I was at my parents' house for two weeks and couldn't play online. Unlocked quite a bit of stuff doing that.

SnakeswithLasers said:
Seriously. It's such a bummer that the unlocks are so time-consuming to get without paying for them. I really hope they implement the system in a more consumer friendly manner next year (because there's no chance in hell they don't just drop it).
I think they should just have a way to unlock a boost both online and offline. Something along the lines of "Score 50 goals with your Be A Pro online" or "Score 50 goals with your Be A Pro offline" to unlock it.

Marvie_3

Banned
Played on Chady's team again tonight. Had 21 points in 6 games. Two of those games were against the same team with what may have been the worst human goalie ever. Scores were 9-1 and 7-0. Scores should have been WAY worse but we probably hit a dozen pipes in each of those games. The first game was 6-0 by the end of the 1st period. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
Played on Chady's team again tonight. Had 21 points in 6 games. Two of those games were against the same team with what may have been the worst human goalie ever. Scores were 9-1 and 7-0. Scores should have been WAY worse but we probably hit a dozen pipes in each of those games. The first game was 6-0 by the end of the 1st period. :lol

I commend that other team for sticking with it after a 6-0 first period.
You would have broken a controller.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I commend that other team for sticking with it after a 6-0 first period.
You would have broken a controller.
I've only broken one controller ever and that was playing the first Gears of War on insane difficulty. Then I realized that controllers weren't free and went back to my system of just setting a controller down if I was pissed. I would have left that game though, that's for sure.

My +/- was about +20 last night too. Its almost back to a respectable -250.

SnakeswithLasers said:

I solved this dilemma by buying God of War III and Splinter Cell: Conviction instead. Only cost $8 in real money--and they each have a $10 credit. So I turned my $100 into $120. Fuck yeah. Now do I spend that $20 in game credit on a points card of MH: Tri? HMM.

Marvie_3 said:
I've only broken one controller ever and that was playing the first Gears of War on insane difficulty. Then I realized that controllers weren't free and went back to my system of just setting a controller down if I was pissed. I would have left that game though, that's for sure.

My +/- was about +20 last night too. Its almost back to a respectable -250.

you get way to mad at video games, i get mad at cat piss and bums asking for change.

SnakeswithLasers said:
I solved this dilemma by buying God of War III and Splinter Cell: Conviction instead. Only cost $8 in real money--and they each have a $10 credit. So I turned my $100 into $120. Fuck yeah. Now do I spend that $20 in game credit on a points card of MH: Tri? HMM.

how do you find time to play all your games, hey when you come to visit bring some of them.
you know you could probable afford a car payment just not buy so much games

Nozdeuce said:

when do you do online i never see you online, i think you dont want to play with me.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Monster Hunter Tri? psssshhOMG!!! Teh Wii iz teh ultimate non-l337 "gaming" console. Teh 1985 colecos beat it in pixelz and the animations are uber suxorz!!!! OMGBFFBBQ!!!! Non-gamer kiddies play teh Wii cuz its all kiddie and non-l337 gamer systemz! No HD means it cant even make Super Nintendo grafix!!! And teh wagglez iz like hella lame! Waggle waggle i do with my penis not mah videa gamez!!!!! LOLOLOLOLCAT!!!

Marvie_3

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
then why did you make me a grinder?
Ok, it was a poor choice of words before. Tough guy really is the only useless player type(unless you're trying to get a legend card). Grinder doesn't fit the way Noz or I seem to play. Grinder seems to fit your play style more. You play the hard-hitting, winning faceoffs, physical, dirty goal game, and that's exactly what a grinder is. I never had any luck with it because I don't normally play that style. Offensive Dman and/or Sniper fit me a lot better.

Which is odd, because when I play real hockey, I'm the very definition of a grinder. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
Monster Hunter Tri? psssshhOMG!!! Teh Wii iz teh ultimate non-l337 "gaming" console. Teh 1985 colecos beat it in pixelz and the animations are uber suxorz!!!! OMGBFFBBQ!!!! Non-gamer kiddies play teh Wii cuz its all kiddie and non-l337 gamer systemz! No HD means it cant even make Super Nintendo grafix!!! And teh wagglez iz like hella lame! Waggle waggle i do with my penis not mah videa gamez!!!!! LOLOLOLOLCAT!!!

Clever--and you actually make a good point: I very likely won't end up buying MH:Tri because I haven't enjoyed anything on the Wii, at least not beyond Wii Sports--which is a fun novelty.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Clever--and you actually make a good point: I very likely won't end up buying MH:Tri because I haven't enjoyed anything on the Wii, at least not beyond Wii Sports--which is a fun novelty.
Sorry you have no taste, but at least you'll have money to spend on other games you'll never play now. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
Sorry you have no taste, but at least you'll have money to spend on other games you'll never play now. :lol

Hey man, I know what I like. And it's very rarely Wii games. I'd rather buy a ps3 game that I won't play because I don't have time than a Wii game I won't play because I don't want to deal with the frustration.

Classic Controller and Wii Shop still deserve <3.

Hardyboy1224 said:
i'd like some flowers

Flower was a terrible game.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Hey man, I know what I like. And it's very rarely Wii games. I'd rather buy a ps3 game that I won't play because I don't have time than a Wii game I won't play because I don't want to deal with the frustration.
You have the worst ideas ever. You should try saving money for a change.

Marvie_3 said:
Well, whatever. Your life to fuck up I guess. :lol
I like how because I don't like Wii games you've twisted this discussion into how I'm fucking up my life... :lol
Nintendo fanboys and the lengths they'll go...I feel I'm perfectly within my rights to both not enjoy and not purchase Wii games, dad.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I like how because I don't like Wii games you've twisted this discussion into how I'm fucking up my life... :lol
Nintendo fanboys and the lengths they'll go...I feel I'm perfectly within my rights to both not enjoy and not purchase Wii games, dad.
I was referring to the fact that you spend so much on games that you don't play. Did California's budget force them to cut reading comprehension programs? :lol

how do u get drafted first from the prospect game as a center. i won 10 faceoffs, had 2 goals on 12 shots, 1 assists, +3 in a 4 goal game and we had a shutout and i had 6 checks...
wtf oh and i had A- A and A+ for grades

Hardyboy1224 said:
how do u get drafted first from the prospect game as a center. i won 10 faceoffs, had 2 goals on 12 shots, 1 assists, +3 in a 4 goal game and we had a shutout and i had 6 checks...
wtf oh and i had A- A and A+ for grades

Damn... I think I just got lucky to go first as a goalie. I mean, I got picked up by the fucking Predators.......so it wasn't that "lucky". And I gave up THREE GOALS.

But I'm assuming you need to go A+, A+, A+

SnakeswithLasers said:
Damn... I think I just got lucky to go first as a goalie. I mean, I got picked up by the fucking Predators.......so it wasn't that "lucky". And I gave up THREE GOALS.

But I'm assuming you need to go A+, A+, A+

this game is just too much i really like it but i dont know if i can keep up with the crap i think now i am only got to play club games, no offline ever again

Nozdeuce

Hardyboy1224 said:
when do you do online i never see you online, i think you dont want to play with me.
Blargh, I've had a wicked cold for the past week so I've been going to bed at like 11pm est. Normally I never sleep though which is why we played so much when I first joined up.

Laserbooooooooooot I picked up a points card and am downloading the new Borderlands DLC right the fuck now

Marvie_3

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
this game is just too much i really like it but i dont know if i can keep up with the crap i think now i am only got to play club games, no offline ever again
I probably wouldn't have played as much offline as I did if it weren't for unlocking boosts.

Top Bottom