• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

PBY

Banned
shit sounds complicated, but ill roll with whatever, as long as i get to play chel with my bro montanas (read: the reason i play club games is that i appreciate the community aspect that the game mode provides, i dont wanna have to play with a bunch of random douchebags)

Marvie_3

Banned
Wouldn't be too complicated. Playing against 2-man teams fuckin sucks, so the more people we have, the better the chances of us avoiding them.

Marvie_3 said:
Wouldn't be too complicated. Playing against 2-man teams fuckin sucks, so the more people we have, the better the chances of us avoiding them.

I don't agree with this. Playing against 2 man teams sucks unless you have a human goalie (aka Marvie).

peterb0y said:
shit sounds complicated, but ill roll with whatever, as long as i get to play chel with my bro montanas (read: the reason i play club games is that i appreciate the community aspect that the game mode provides, i dont wanna have to play with a bunch of random douchebags)

i agree i only play nhl with you guys because you guys are down for the game not down for the cheats and ill play with anyone who wants to do that but i dont want to turn into a club of exploits

Hardyboy1224 said:
i agree i only play nhl with you guys because you guys are down for the game not down for the cheats and ill play with anyone who wants to do that but i dont want to turn into a club of exploits

Honestly, it will really only change for Marvie who plays a lot when we're not on.

The rest of us will still only play when somebody else from our friends list is on.

SnakeswithLasers said:
Honestly, it will really only change for Marvie who plays a lot when we're not on.

The rest of us will still only play when somebody else from our friends list is on.

i agree, i think the only reason i am saying anything is to start a discussion so i am not a junior member i need like 60 or so more post. i don't care who i play with as long as they are dirt bags

Hardyboy1224 said:
i agree, i think the only reason i am saying anything is to start a discussion so i am not a junior member i need like 60 or so more post. i don't care who i play with as long as they are dirt bags

Well, our current team fits that mold pretty tight.

SnakeswithLasers said:
Well, our current team fits that mold pretty tight.

well dirt bags for me means people who talk on the mic that push my nerves and make me mute them or drop them from the party. new guy gets close sometimes but then i say hes Canadian and hes mad that 360 days of snow...

Marvie_3

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
well dirt bags for me means people who talk on the mic that push my nerves and make me mute them or drop them from the party. new guy gets close sometimes but then i say hes Canadian and hes mad that 360 days of snow...
There was no guarantee that you were going to get along with any of the rest of us when you joined the GAF team so I don't see how this would be any different.

If you guys don't wanna do this, it's no big deal. As laserbot said, I play NHL a lot more so I could just play with them when no one else is on and then play with the Banhammers when we wanna chel.

Edit: That kinda makes me sound like I'm bailing on you guys. Didn't mean it that way. GAF team is always going to be my #1 priority. I just wanna play hockey.

Marvie_3 said:
There was no guarantee that you were going to get along with any of the rest of us when you joined the GAF team so I don't see how this would be any different.

If you guys don't wanna do this, it's no big deal. As laserbot said, I play NHL a lot more so I could just play with them when no one else is on and then play with the Banhammers when we wanna chel.

Edit: That kinda makes me sound like I'm bailing on you guys. Didn't mean it that way. GAF team is always going to be my #1 priority. I just wanna play hockey.

I really don't care. It doesn't seem like anyone else does either--haven't heard from Pheenix yet though. But it doesn't seem like a big deal at all. As long as the new team doesn't mind some scenario where Hardyboy and I hop on in the afternoon and lose 4 straight games by ourselves.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I really don't care. It doesn't seem like anyone else does either--haven't heard from Pheenix yet though. But it doesn't seem like a big deal at all. As long as the new team doesn't mind some scenario where Hardyboy and I hop on in the afternoon and lose 4 straight games by ourselves.
I'll see what he wants to do then. I told him if we combined teams, it wouldn't be until the end of the month anyway, so we have time to figure things out.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Hardyboy1224 said:
But I wuv woo =( Seriously if I'm doing something that bothers you or anyone just lemmie know so I can stop. I can handle being told to shut up :D

Nozdeuce

ph33nix said:
hey get yo ass on let's play
Sorry no can do, still crazy sick. I'm in no shape to be playing, I'm still really out of it. I might be able to manage some tomorrow =/

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Sorry no can do, still crazy sick. I'm in no shape to be playing, I'm still really out of it. I might be able to manage some tomorrow =/
Man, you've been sick for weeks now. Do you have AIDS?

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
Man, you've been sick for weeks now. Do you have AIDS?
Nahh just had a nagging cough for a bit and now I seem to be having my annual cold for the year. Haven't been able to talk since Wednesday'ish? I think I gave myself a bit of a chest infection from passing out at night in the cold basement of my igloo. I do seem to be getting better at least, I think

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Nahh just had a nagging cough for a bit and now I seem to be having my annual cold for the year. Haven't been able to talk since Wednesday'ish? I think I gave myself a bit of a chest infection from passing out at night in the cold basement of my igloo. I do seem to be getting better at least, I think
Are you sure its not the Date Rape Psychosis you got from peterboy?

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
when's that over? i am gonna try and sleep a bit earlier tonight
It starts in 20 minutes. Sorry man. :lol

SnakeswithLasers said:
Watching this game really made me hope for a "sloppier" EA game next year. More low shots and more imprecision. Oh well.
Only if sloppier means less broken.

Nozdeuce said:
But I wuv woo =( Seriously if I'm doing something that bothers you or anyone just lemmie know so I can stop. I can handle being told to shut up :D

messing with you man i live in a semi hick town and everyone is hella like you i dont care how people talk i just like to not be the one everyone is like look at the way this guy talks.

Nozdeuce said:

go get your free health care

Marvie_3

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
well marvie since your headset went out i got to go and get laid
Sorry man. I wasn't paying attention to my controller. I sat there and talked to myself for a few minutes before I realized what happened. :lol

Are you still looking for Rock Band 2? I could see if I could find that cheap as well.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I started a season as a goalie.
Gave up 3 goals in the prospect game (but won in the shootout) and got drafted number 1 overall. Craziness.
I thought you already had a season going as a goaler?

Marvie_3 said:
I thought you already had a season going as a goaler?

I had 2 seasons, actually.

I dunno though. I just haven't really clicked with this game like I did with 09 in season mode. I don't really care about any of my seasons and feel like the only reason I'm even playing is to unlock boosts. Lame.

Heavy Rain is out today and Borderlands content is also out, plus it's a boxing day--I'm not sure how much chel time I'll get tonight; but I'll try to jump on around 10:30PST for a game or two if anyone is interested.

SnakeswithLasers said:
I had 2 seasons, actually.

I dunno though. I just haven't really clicked with this game like I did with 09 in season mode. I don't really care about any of my seasons and feel like the only reason I'm even playing is to unlock boosts. Lame.

Heavy Rain is out today and Borderlands content is also out, plus it's a boxing day--I'm not sure how much chel time I'll get tonight; but I'll try to jump on around 10:30PST for a game or two if anyone is interested.

no u wont ull be tired its ok. hey what do u mean heavy rain?

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Dude and next week is Battlefield and The Show
Meh. I'm not buying anything until Monster Hunter 3 and Tiger Woods 11 come out. And then nothing after that until NHL 11 and FIFA 11 come out.

Edit: Forgot Endless Ocean 2 comes out today. So that too.

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
Meh. I'm not buying anything until Monster Hunter 3 and Tiger Woods 11 come out. And then nothing after that until NHL 11 and FIFA 11 come out.
Wow, tiny bit jealous of your self control. But not really =/

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Wow, tiny bit jealous of your self control. But not really =/
I got over impulse buying of games a long time ago. The only games I pick up at launch now are games I REALLY want.

Like Crackdown 2, which I forgot in my previous post. :lol

Marvie_3 said:

Edit: Forgot Endless Ocean 2 comes out today. So that too.

God, I hope you're kidding about Endless Ocean.

I'll get MH3 though if you're getting it. Hardyboy has a Wii too...hmm...

Although, my mom has had my Wii (Wii Fit) for the past few months since that shit is useless to keep around--so I'll have to convince her to let me borrow it again.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Mmmmmmm crackdown
Yeah, so spending ~$300 on games in a year isn't too bad. There may have been other stuff I would have bought, but I haven't had the need for them. Fallout 3, NHL, and FIFA are keeping me more than busy.

SnakeswithLasers said:
God, I hope you're kidding about Endless Ocean.

I'll get MH3 though if you're getting it. Hardyboy has a Wii too...hmm...

Although, my mom has had my Wii (Wii Fit) for the past few months since that shit is useless to keep around--so I'll have to convince her to let me borrow it again.
No, I'm not kidding. The first Endless Ocean was great. Endless Ocean 2 looks even better. In fact, I'm skipping the first part of my night class to go pick up EO2.

Monster Hunter 3 is going to be badass too.

Marvie_3 said:
No, I'm not kidding. The first Endless Ocean was great. Endless Ocean 2 looks even better. In fact, I'm skipping the first part of my night class to go pick up EO2.

Monster Hunter 3 is going to be badass too.

Endless Ocean fucking sucked. Endless Ocean 2 will likely suck harder. WTF man?

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrJqBAOBTXA Ugh.

I couldn't handle that crap for more than an hour before I sent it back to gamefly. "Oh hey, a low res fish in 480p! Poke! I'm so immersed!" Fuck Wii games, their broken, janky ass wiggle-waggle motion controls and their pre-9/11 visuals.
I'm not even going to respond to this other than calling you a fucking idiot.

Go play dudebro with the rest of the GAF hive.

Top Bottom