• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
SnakeswithLasers said:
I guess I could play Mass Erect again instead....
What level are you in Borderlands? I see Rapistboy is level 42 and 30% done his 2nd playthrough

Nozdeuce said:
What level are you in Borderlands? I see Rapistboy is level 42 and 30% done his 2nd playthrough

I don't remember to be honest. I just got bored as hell going from one giant desert-ish dumpy junkyard to another and quit--I *think* I'm about 30 with a couple of characters.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I don't remember to be honest. I just got bored as hell going from one giant desert-ish dumpy junkyard to another and quit--I *think* I'm about 30 with a couple of characters.
Way to inspire me to play it. :lol

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
Ahh cool, that won't take long then, I'll drag you around on my Playthrough 2 stuff. I never did finish my playthrough 2, I kinda got bored and just left it, then tried to do some more of it but then remembered all what was ahead and just didn't want to do it again

PBY

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
If you're gonna fire Borderlands up... I miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight be down; i need to get motivated though

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Well, at least there's voice chat.
My bad. I thought you were talking about Mass Effect. Then I realized there are no boring desert junkyards in Mass Effect. My brain is fried today.

Nozdeuce

peterb0y said:
If you're gonna fire Borderlands up... I miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight be down; i need to get motivated though
Are you getting the dlc? I never finished my Playthrough 2 so we could drag Laserbot along, all get to 50 then do Secret Armory together?

We are playing tonight

Sorry about the other night marvie I normally wouldn't leave but a massive trade talk for NBA 2k was going on and I shouldn't have started in the first place :lol

Nozdeuce

peterb0y said:
u playing now? I need some chel inside of me, its been far too long
I'm game, voice is still fucked though =/

Oh, and I can't score :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
ph33nix said:
We are playing tonight

Sorry about the other night marvie I normally wouldn't leave but a massive trade talk for NBA 2k was going on and I shouldn't have started in the first place :lol
It's cool man. I saw the epic trade go down. I browse that thread once in awhile because the smack talk is good and the dwyane wade cult fascinates me. :lol

We made an epic comeback from that 3 goal deficit though. We were up 4-3 and then the servers froze. :lol

peterb0y said:
u playing now? I need some chel inside of me, its been far too long
What is wrong with you? :lol

Nozdeuce

peterb0y said:
:lol i have faith in your wrister
Yeah it's been failing me so far this week so I've been experimenting with stuff, haven't used this new build yet. Built around wrist shot power and speed, curious to see what 97 speed is like

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Yeah it's been failing me so far this week so I've been experimenting with stuff, haven't used this new build yet. Built around wrist shot power and speed, curious to see what 97 speed is like
You won't feel a difference from 90-92 speed. You'd be better off using points in agility and acceleration.

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
Nozdeuce, your robodude scored. :lol
SON OF A BITCH

Yeah sorry about dropping I was lagging out hard, rebooted my router so hopefully good for the next one

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
SON OF A BITCH

Yeah sorry about dropping I was lagging out hard, rebooted my router so hopefully good for the next one
The lag was really bad at times that game so I can't blame you. Good thing I wasn't in net or we would have been screwed.

Edit: And it was laggy as fuck that second game too.....when I was in net. :lol

Edit 2: And fuck this tuner right in the ear. Sooooo broken.

Good night last night for Brandon and me. We went 3-0-1. Shit, I was in net for two of them (both wins), and Brandon picked up bunch of goals, including a hat trick one game.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Good night last night for Brandon and me. We went 3-0-1. Shit, I was in net for two of them (both wins), and Brandon picked up bunch of goals, including a hat trick one game.
Nice. We got screwed by the tuner in one game. The goalie gave up 4 goals on what seemed like 4 straight shots.

Would be nice if EA hadn't overtuned the goalies......

Marvie_3 said:
Nice. We got screwed by the tuner in one game. The goalie gave up 4 goals on what seemed like 4 straight shots.

Would be nice if EA hadn't overtuned the goalies......

Ya, I feel really weak in net right now. I mean, I KNOW a big part of it is that I get out of position or do something stupid--I expect those to go in. However, it's quite often that I'll be in the right position and the puck will hit me, but still deflect in because instead of actively "making a save", my guy just stood there and got hit by the puck.

For example, I had a 2 goal game last night in the third (and we were up 5-2), but in the last 2 minutes and shitty shot that I was in position for, just came up and went right through my glove. Stick side--ok. But a weak wrist shot shouldn't just be non-reacted to by my glove and then hit me and bounce in. Bah.

Everyone except Marvie should ignore this, since I know that he and I are the only ones that like to bitch about the game physics
----------
Player momentum desperately needs to be tuned into the game—full control needs to be established, and that needs to be determined based on how fast you’re moving and in what direction, as well as whether you’re being jostled or not. In line with this, puck physics should be tuned to the level of control you have.
Maybe it would be better if they made the left stick (for aim) just a million times more sensitive. If you’re jamming the stick all the way to the right or top or whatever, that puck is going to fly high and wide—not just have a chance of hitting the pipes—especially if you’re just skating full bore and doing crazy twists and turns. Force players to put finesse into their shot and not just get an easy goal by pressing UP RIGHT as hard as they can as they hold UP on the right stick while skating uncontrollably around the crease.
I wish I liked soccer more, because FIFA has so many good points when it comes to difficulty and finesse.

Nozdeuce

I don't like aiming at all. How the fuck many times have you seen a wide open net and drilled it directly at the goalie? I'd almost rather have automatic aim and the computer just decide if it's going to be a bullshit wrister goal or not, it's already figuring out half the magic for if the goalie is going to go down for some unknown reason

Aiming in Fifa seems cool, I like being able to do all the diagonal shots from up close, it's mind blowing.

PBY

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Everyone except Marvie should ignore this, since I know that he and I are the only ones that like to bitch about the game physics
----------
Player momentum desperately needs to be tuned into the game—full control needs to be established, and that needs to be determined based on how fast you’re moving and in what direction, as well as whether you’re being jostled or not. In line with this, puck physics should be tuned to the level of control you have.
Maybe it would be better if they made the left stick (for aim) just a million times more sensitive. If you’re jamming the stick all the way to the right or top or whatever, that puck is going to fly high and wide—not just have a chance of hitting the pipes—especially if you’re just skating full bore and doing crazy twists and turns. Force players to put finesse into their shot and not just get an easy goal by pressing UP RIGHT as hard as they can as they hold UP on the right stick while skating uncontrollably around the crease.
I wish I liked soccer more, because FIFA has so many good points when it comes to difficulty and finesse.
i like your shit about aiming... noz- you're insane :lol

Nozdeuce

I just really don't like the way aiming works, while doing my wristers it at least goes where I want it. But if I'm on the other side of the ice and I try to put it in that same corner, even if it's wiiiiiiiiiide open, the puck just gets flung at the chest of the goalie.

Thats why no one should ever cross crease it to me, I might roof it properly. Or I might blast it wide somehow, or just right at the goalie, GG.

Nozdeuce said:
I just really don't like the way aiming works, while doing my wristers it at least goes where I want it. But if I'm on the other side of the ice and I try to put it in that same corner, even if it's wiiiiiiiiiide open, the puck just gets flung at the chest of the goalie.

Thats why no one should ever cross crease it to me, I might roof it properly. Or I might blast it wide somehow, or just right at the goalie, GG.

I can't count how many times brandon and I did that same thing last night. it's just how the game "balances" itself since there isn't any real momentum system built in.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Ya, I feel really weak in net right now. I mean, I KNOW a big part of it is that I get out of position or do something stupid--I expect those to go in. However, it's quite often that I'll be in the right position and the puck will hit me, but still deflect in because instead of actively "making a save", my guy just stood there and got hit by the puck.

For example, I had a 2 goal game last night in the third (and we were up 5-2), but in the last 2 minutes and shitty shot that I was in position for, just came up and went right through my glove. Stick side--ok. But a weak wrist shot shouldn't just be non-reacted to by my glove and then hit me and bounce in. Bah.
Yeah I would have understood if they made AI goalies weaker with the new tuners and left the human goalies alone. Playing goalie was hard enough BEFORE the new tuner.

SnakeswithLasers said:
----------
Totally agree. Accuracy in this game is a joke. It's way too easy for players to snipe the top corners no matter what their position on the ice and what their momentum is doing. FIFA does it perfectly.

Nozdeuce said:
I don't like aiming at all. How the fuck many times have you seen a wide open net and drilled it directly at the goalie? I'd almost rather have automatic aim and the computer just decide if it's going to be a bullshit wrister goal or not, it's already figuring out half the magic for if the goalie is going to go down for some unknown reason
It already HAS automatic aim. That's why it goes into the goalie. If it didn't, games would be 34-30.

SnakeswithLasers said:
I can't count how many times brandon and I did that same thing last night. it's just how the game "balances" itself since there isn't any real momentum system built in.
Well it does have a momentum system but it's completely broken and doesn't work at all. That and the fact the game predetermines who is going to win plus a fucking arcade puck physics system, leads to a pretty fuckin garbage game.

As long as EA insists on trying to fix the current engine, there are always going to be new problems that come up. They fix one thing, fuckface cockbags find new ways to scam the game. Tweaks to the AI cause ridiculously stupid changes to other parts of the AI. Basically, this game needs an entirely new engine.

Oh, and they need to get the rink to the proper fucking dimensions. It feels so fucking claustrophobic with the current EASHL rink. I've played on NHL sized rinks before and it's so much more spread out.

Nozdeuce

Oh god if the rink was any bigger I'd be nailing wristers all day, only thing that stops me is people being able to either get back and poke dive it away or some asshole standing infront of me :lol

I think I just hate the game a little, or maybe a lot. I could handle the broken high % point slappers, and the rebounds, and when every wrister went in. But now some wristers aren't and instead some of the most epic bullshit is.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
:lol :lol Pretty much. Guess we need to make him a GM somehow.
Well he could take my spot as a GM. No sense keeping me a GM if I'm going to be switching back and forth between teams.

PBY

Banned
Marvie_3 said:
USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Up 6-0 already on Finland and its only 13 minutes into the game. :lol
Game is so awesome... Would have posted sooner, but I didn't want to spoilerize laserbot, who apparently isn't a real American and doesn't watch his country's hockey games live

TOO BAD LASERBOT WERE FUCKING FINLAND UPPPPPPPPPPPP

Marvie_3

Banned
peterb0y said:
Game is so awesome... Would have posted sooner, but I didn't want to spoilerize laserbot, who apparently isn't a real American and doesn't watch his country's hockey games live

TOO BAD LASERBOT WERE FUCKING FINLAND UPPPPPPPPPPPP
Why aren't you posting in the Olympic hockey thread then? :lol

Top Bottom